• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: The Fringe [Chapter 5.0] - There and Back Again, The Tale of Profit

Yoshi

Inactive Member
Henkei.png
~~~~~~~~~~
Dawn Station
Three months later
~~~~~~~~~~

There she sat, the Awesome Super Ship: Hyper-Acceler-Turbonine an Ge-Y1-2a - "Henkei" Cargo Runner. It's full name appeared in the registry, though painted across the nose in neon pink was A.S.S:H.A.T. The paint job on the hull looked like a Freespacers wet-dream oozed across its hull in fluorescents and neons. Her registry gave its ownership to a company called ''Arachnic Robotics''. This company was owned by another shell company, followed by another thirty. It was, to a point, that it wasn't clear if there was a real owner, let alone how it was paid for. The Shipyard it was "purchased" from had it filed as a transfer to another lot. For every up-in-up part about it there was something plenty shady about it.

The Henkei Cargo Runner was docked in a slip right close to the Concordia Veil, and was decked out with a stocked kitchen and medlab. She was ready for a cargo run;if only she had a crew.

One crew member of the Concordia Veil had been in the new Henkei, Working on hard wiring a system to control it. That one individual had been making sure it was ready, since Sienna had disappeared a week before. No one was exactly sure where she had went, but Crash knew the crew, who never did any wrong to It, needed pay and a way to survive. It had played with different strains of the data webs of the universal data streams. It had done things, and a ship appeared ready. Crash never asked hard questions on how these things worked. It was better for its health. So after a few days of hard work, when Amelia was asleep, tuckered out from the many flight lessons Crash had been giving her, It was happy that It would be able to fly the H.A.T. from a plug-in system in the coded and locked bridge. The Command chair had been replaced with what looked like a Ship's AI computer core. Though with in it was a simple plug in port and a nest for the Archnid bot.

Once Crash was satisfied with the ship and it's "upgrades", which most would have called them jury-rigged mess, It had spent a bit of time wheeling and dealing with diffrent firms on Dawn. After finally finding someone willing to take a change on the new ship, Crash got a contract to take a shipment of noodles, repair parts, and a single passenger to Leo Star Fortress. It would be a fairly long run, but the contract also had a pick up there to be brought back.

So Crash knew It had to trick the crew in to following Amelia. Her Datajockey vibrated and toned with a hacked jingle. It was obvious to her it was Crash.

Code:
Killerbot 3000 - I need you to come next door... We have a contract and a ship to fly... you also need to convince the rest of the crew to come along. Pick up in in three hours. So do hurry... Bonuses for everyone... If we finish the contract...
A - I'm on my way.

A few minutes later, the airlock to the next hangar hissed and opened, allowing the Nepleslian to step inside. In the past three months, Amelia had changed her looks for what it seemed to be the better; her hair was much shorter, which took away much of the unkempt look that it used to have, and she wasn't wearing the plain and faded clothes from before either. A black and orange jacket replaced the old one, with the sleeves folded above her elbows, while she still wore the same black sweater underneath it, along with the baggy cargo pants and work boots. Her hands were tucked into the pockets of the jacket as she inspected the much larger ship in comparison to the Concordia Veil.

Instead of calling out for the spiderbot, the Nepleslian walked around the hull of the freighter, inspecting the headache-inducing display of painting around it,

Crash sat there in its command tower, watching Amelia on the exterior vidfeeds. It was curious how long it would take her to find the airlock hatch, or the open cargo-bay door. Maybe she developed brain damage from all of those high-G turns and twists.

Code:
Killerbot 3000 - You going to come in? or are you to mesmerized by my awesome paint job?

Amelia looked at the Datajockey once she received the message and sighed, making her way around the spacecraft towards the access ramp. She had to agree, though, in a way, the paint job was interesting to look at because every second she looked she realized how it was impossible to make a crazier paint job than the one that ship currently had.

If Crash had heard that thought It would have thought it a challenge. As Amelia walked in the ship, one thing she would notice was the fact that the living areas of the ship were far nicer then the ones on the Veil, although the cargo areas looked the same. Flipping a digital switch Crash opened the internal ship intercom, "Welcome to the Awesome Super Ship: Hyper-Acceler-Turbonine. It is pretty spanky isn't it?"

"Yeah," Amelia replied as she ran a hand through one of the walls while walking along the first corridor. The recycled and cooled air inside felt and smelled nice, and the ship didn't have the "old-house" vibe that the Veil exhaled, which was a nice thing. Not that it was necessarily a bad thing for the Concordia Veil. "You said something about a job," she added.

"Yeah come up to the bridge and I'll tell you about it." Crash spoke once again over the intercomm. "I know she's not as cool at the Veil, but she will do until Sienna shows back up..." Crash still wasn't sure where she had gotten off to, but It had kept an eye on the crime and body count lists for the station. Nothing fitting the cranky Captain's description appeared. Without a word, the Nepleslian walked down the length of the ship, going up to the upper deck and towards the bridge. She didn't stop to look at the areas of the ship, but did notice that the cabins -unlike the Veil- were individual. At least she would have more privacy.

Amelia pressed the side panel next to the bridge's airlock, watching as it slid open and stepped inside the also -unsurprisingly- bigger bridge.

"That'll be locked when we have the others aboard." Crash spoke with out the intercom as it crawled out of the command tower it had built. "What do you think, will it do for now?"

"Yeah, where did you get your hands on this ship?" She asked, walking inside the command bridge until she turned to face the command tower. "Why will it be locked, though?" She asked, interlacing her fingers behind her back as she inspected the bridge.

"It was donated." Crash responded not really wanting to explain how It had screwed with shipping files and what not to have the ship delivered here. "As for why lock the doors. I don't trust them... As it is I'm going to show myself to them as 'Captain Big Pants.' You will convince them I over a pretty good pay rate and that they should work for me temporarily." The bot paused for a moment before continuing, "There are locks on the Vail. Ones I can't disable, we need funds to keep it in port, and well I'm starting to scratch the barrel of what I'm worth, keeping it in the slip."

The Nepleslian stopped looking around the bridge and turned to face the bot with a neutral expression; it was very hard for her to mask the disapproval of that. "They're gonna wonder what kind of captain never shows up to the crew, while only I am the person with access to the bridge," she said, looking at the bot. "Besides, It's not right to convince them on a lie," she added.

"you missed me saying I was going to introduce them to me..." the bot leaned forward and looked at her closely, prompting her to lean back from the sudden approach. "You don't look like you bumped your head." the bot chittered. "I have the Guard bot body with those clothes to hide my spider body on its back. As for why you only have access.. you are the navigator, they are not. None of them were need on the bridge before. Why should that change?"

A simple "Hm" was all that the Nepleslian answered, turning around to run her hand along the surfaces near the consoles of the bridge. It was much roomier, meaning that she didn't need to hoist and twist herself to get on her seat, and the leather of her seat seemed to be new and well kept. "I guess I will message them and let them know to show up. Just one thing, though. What's the job?" She asked, turning back towards the bot's perch.

"Cargo run to the Leo Star Fortress... And one passenger. The other reason the Bridge will be locked, along with everything behind the medlab bulkhead to the internal cargo bay. The crew can access everything back there... But I don't think the passenger needs access to the engine room or the shuttle bay." The bot chirped as it thought, "Oh and there is in the contract a bonus for cargo picked up there and brought back. If we do this quickly enough we'll be back in time for me to pay the bills for the Veil again..."

The bot turned to head to the cabin it had set aside for Amelia, and vis a vis Itself, "Oh one thing I want you to think about... At Leo there is a guy that can hook me up with a life like droid body... If you want me to get it..." The bot shrugged it's arachnid shrug and started off to the cabin to get "changed" to meet with the rest of the crew.

"Hey, what do you mean 'if I want to'?" The astrogator asked as the bot started to make its way out.

"Well I know it is hard for you to date and be with a bot..." The bot in questions paused but didn't turn back, "Something about physical needs or something..." it was a true war with in it not to chitter about what it had just said, like a 10 year old hearing the word boobies.

"Oh shut up," She replied, turning around as she reached for her Datajockey again. Amelia started to type out a message for the Veil crew, but in reality, she had turned around to keep her flustered expression from showing.

"You asked me..." Crash chittered and went of to go and put on it's new persona.

"Yeah, whatever," Amelia replied, finishing up the message. She pressed the button to send

Code:
To: All Crew-members of the Concordia Veil

Guys, I've met a captain who needs a crew for his ship, no strings attached. The hangar location is annexed to this message, so feel free to drop by if you're interested in the job, but don't too long because the spots might get filled.

PS: He's a Freespacer, so beware.

Last edited:
Dawn Station ~ Random Hotel Room

Six four sat in a chair, a small mountian of books on either side of It. As it turned to the next page of the one it was reading it looked up to see the other occupant of the room on the bed attempting to do a backwards summersalt.

"You really are a child." Six Four Said to its sister as she closed her book to watch Jack teeter back and fourth. "This one wonders how you are not in the Psych Ward, or at least in multiple parts."

"And I wonder how you can be such a stick in the mud." Jack 69 said, her tone indicating that she was sticking her tongue out though it couldn't be seen from behind her half mask. "Seriously no wonder people think you're a robot."

"Reading is quite fun. This one enjoys it immensely."

"Well I enjoy doing other things, Like I don't know talking to people."

"We attempted to do that yesterday, if this one recalls it ended up horribly."

"You were super awkward and I almost got that girls number, you have got to quit taking things literally all the time."

Before Six Four could retort, its datapad chimed with a new message from Amelia. Quickly reading through it, the doctor realised that it had something else to do.

"Got a hot date?" Jack said rolling over to stare at Six Four upside down.

"No, this one has a job to do. Much like you should."

"I'm on leave jackass. But yeah if you need to go, go I'll close up shop here."

Six Four was already halfway out of the door when Jack started talking, the doctor could move fast if it wanted to, it also had a grocery listof things to accomplish before getting onto a new ship.

Dawn Station - Cheapest Hotel Available

Seth sat in what was quite possibly the filthiest hotel room for a business still in operation. When he arrived a couple days ago there was broken glass from alcohol bottles littering the stained carpet, one of the only two windows was busted, which was just fine since the other one didn't open anyway and the A/C didn't work, and the last occupant had left several used needles in the toilet. It certainly hadn't helped that he hadn't bothered to clean up after himself and left clothes and crumbs everywhere but eh, it was one of the only places he could afford.

Seth had just finished once again entertaining himself by seeing how fast he could strip down and build up his handgun which was unsurprisingly painstakingly slow. After attempting to do it blindfolded last night and almost loosing the trigger he thought it best to be able to see what it was exactly that he was doing. Donning his jacket and depositing his pistol in the pocket, he was just about to walk out the door to go smoke when his datapad started making noises at him. He read the message and quickly threw all his belongings into his bags and grabbed his sunglasses before bolting out the door eager to leave this place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amelia's Stateroom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crash had left Amelia to try to round the crew up, and in doing so worked on getting the Guard Bot's Body ready for the big show. The spider bot climbed up the back of the larger Guard bot's body and attached itself to it just behind the shoulders, which would make it look like an added back pod of sorts. Then, out of a box Crash had dragged in a few days before, came a long black old leather coat that hung down to the person-sized bot's knees. It laid it out followed by the tricorne hat, frilly white shirt, black pants, and knee high flop over boots. Slowly, as if the bot wasn't used to getting dressed (who would have thought?), Crash got dressed into Captain Big Pants.

As the bot dressed the shirt there was a concern at first, but luckily when Crash had ordered the outfit It had remembered to ask for the custom work to widen the back to make room for spider bot. As It worked on buttoning the the shirt up, Crash started humming a sea shanty it remembered from an old black and white holo vid. With a chitter, the bot continued on the the overly large pair of pants. it was a bit of a pain for the bot to work out how to get its legs into them. As it did that, the door to the cabin slid open, allowing Amelia to step in, but instead of doing so the Nepleslian simply stared at the Freespacer for a while.

"I'm pretty sure this will convince them," she said, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "They'll be too busy wondering why someone would dress like that to realize anything," she added.

"Yeah well... Isn't this what awesome captain's suppose to look like?" The bot asked as it finally fell over onto its backside. Sighing, Crash slid both legs in at the same time with a grunt. "I don't know why you wear clothes at all.. It is such a pain to get dressed in." Once the pants were up and in place Crash sat up and looked at her. "Plus you looked better with out." It nodded and grabbed a boot to wrestle with.

Amelia's half-smile was cut out after the bot's last remark. "You shut up!" She yelled, balling her fists as her arms fell back down to her side and her expression changed to one that was definitely angry.

"Just saying.." The bot shook its head and pulled the second boot on. Slowly it stood and grabbed a leather over the shoulder belt system and slung it over before grabbing the sword that went with it. As it reached for the coat It paused and looked over at her. "Any word from the crew?"

It took a while for the Nepleslian to answer, her face had begun to flush both from the anger and embarrassment. "No, I just sent the message, so I'll head down to the hangar and wait for them," she said, quickly turning around and exiting the small cabin.

"Wait!" The bot said as it grabbed the coat and hat. Crash raced to try to catch up to her. " I really didn't mean to upset you..."

"Whatever, I'm not upset," Amelia lied as she reached the deck below.

"You lie... And you're bad at it..." The bot replied as it finally caught up.

"Sure, just leave me alone so I can greet the crew," she replied, quickening her pace.

With It's shoulders drooping Crash turned and headed to the wardroom To wait for the crew to show up.

A datapad pinged in Shrie's pocket. She reached in and fished it out, reading the message from Amelia. Her brows frowned as she slowly read. To Shrie, the problem was not this new captain, she should work for was a Freespacer, the problem was that to Shrie, Sienna was still the captain. She sighed and put the datapad back.

Shrie herself spent the last three months looking for Sienna on and off, she walked the Dawn station with a sketch-portrait asking people about the captain. She visited hotels, bars and other entertainment enterprises, but with no luck. Shrie also used her past experience, from when she lived on the street to find shelters and communities of people in similiar situation. Those were really good places to hide, alas even there she found no luck and no Sienna. By then Shrie just hoped that Sienna was not captured by the bounty hunters and taken back to those slavers. It would mean Shrie would have to go there and get her back somehow. That would not go without spilling blood and that was the last Shrie wanted to do. For Sienna though.... she would probably be able to kill again.

With a sigh, Shrie headed to the meeting point. She grabbed a multi-pack of coffee on the way there. Six extra-large coffees in the plastic multi-tray. Shrie made sure to grab enough sugar and milk so everyone could drink her coffee however they liked it. The lorath hoped it would help with the mood. After all, everyone was bitter after Sienna disappeared and as far as Shrie knew, everyone liked coffee.

With the tray in hand she walked into the hangar where the new ship was settled. When Shrie set her eyes on the cargo runner, her mouth opened and she almost dropped the tray. She watched the neon monstrosity in front of her with awe, wondering how could someone do this to their ships. A horror to behold indeed.

Last edited:
~~~~~~~~~~
A.S.S. H.A.T.
Wardroom
~~~~~~~~~~

The newly minted, and fabricated Captain Bigpants paced back and forth with in the wardroom. He had grown more and more impatient with the lack of the crew just appearing in the ship ready to go. Though he understood transportation of that type would have been illogical it didn't make the fraudulent Captain any less annoyed with the time he was having to wait. During one switch back of the pacing, the Captain received a message from the clients. The goods were waiting for them in a fixed orbit of Ormageddan, the second planet in the Ake system. Bigpants sent back a message to them that they would be departing within the hour and that they will pick the good up and be out system with in three. The only other major thing the Captain was waiting on besides the crew, was the one lone passenger.

The bot sighed and a faint annoyed chitter came from under the clothing. The crew was just as frustrating to Crash as they ever had been on the Veil. It was sure It was going to need Amelia go and collect each one and hold their hand to bring them aboard. Maybe just maybe this was why Sienna was always pissy. The thought rolled over Crash's processors for the briefest of cycles before It dismissed it and decided Sienna was always pissy from a lack of horizontal pelvis mashing.

The pacing continued, with each lap Crash, Captain Bigpants to everyone else, was growing more and more figitty. 'Where are they? Did Amelia not give them the right berth? Maybe they were confused and when to another ship with the same name... Was the ship's name that common?' All of these thoughts washed through the bot as it tried to think of all the possibilities.

One Captain Bigpants had taken out an ad in the local readers requesting a new machanic for a ship cal lthe the Awesome Super Ship: Hyper-Acceler-Turbonine. He was looking for someone who was familar with the Henkei-class ships or at least the engineering systems of the GS company ships. It promised a share of the profits of the cargo ship, along with food and boarding for the time served. Below all of that was a comm link to contact Captain Bigpants.

Conveniently, Andromeda had read an ad! Really, it wasn't to hard to figure out who was hiring around a star port; just mingle into a crowd of gruff looking folk carrying fat dufflebags over their shoulders by the hangar pylons and you were mingling with fellow unemployed people - and would-be employers looked her way! Of course, that didn't mean she would magically get hired by any means, but it definitely got her tail in the door. But that didn't pan out, not really; while the looming snake woman certainly stood out in a crowd of her fellows, her youthful face and lackluster resume sunk a fair bit of would be clients assuming they got over her non-humanoid nature. A towering behemoth of a woman was a lot more work to supply and care for then a normal spacer lout. Even a freespacer lout. None the less, her efforts weren't wasted; just because a would-be employer didn't take her didn't mean she didn't get directed to open, awaiting doors.

Open doors like a less than bombastic ad, which had her awkwardly crammed into a communication booth designed for people a fourth her size as she busy put in the contact details the ad had, glancing between her slate and the booth's terminal. It took her a few tries at it, truthfully, but the keys were fiddly! None the less, the speaker would roar to life and she'd immediately start piping up with a chipper tone; "Hello! Is this the, uh, Turbonine?"

"No this is Captain Bigpants..." Crash responded to the comm channel opening in It's head. "If you want to talk to the ship you'll have to wait I haven't installed an AI." The voice was an exact duplicate of Andromeda, with the added spice of being snarky. "But I am on the Turbonine... I'm also the Captain of the ship." the voice changed to one that was a male's but washed through what sounded like a dozen bad comm channels digitized, normalized, washed out, brighten, then spoken through a tin can.

Andromeda was far and away to naive to truly understand some of the implications of the shifting voice on the other side of the receiver, the woman instead assuming something was merely wrong with the rubbish thing - and wincing a little at the sound of the feedback. Ugh, it sounded awful. Hopefully it was just the booth and not the, uh, colorful ship's side of things. She wouldn't know where to begin with fixing that. "Oh, the captain! That's-sss good!" In her excitement she jostled herself in place, banged her head up off the top of the booth's roof and slurred with a serpentine hiss, though over-eager words would come gushing out right afterwards; "Hello! I'm Andromeda - Andromeda Halifax! I saw your ad looking for mechanics and, uh, well I am one! Um. Are you still looking for one...?"

"No..." The voice came back and paused for a moment, "You are a bad cusser and I take great insult that you couldn't do better..." The voice shifted to one of a female, crisp and clear. "But then again... maybe I can teach you better." The voice changed again, this time to one that resembled a certain Yami Princess ship captain.... "Do you have knowledge of the ship, or the parts used in it's construction?"

Now the lamia was starting to get more then a little weirded out by the constantly shifting voices on the other side, a look of concern creasing over her features. She started to get a little suspicious - was it just the terrible connection or was something weird on the other end? A trap? A murderer?! Oh no! May the gods protect her, surely they would... "O-Oh!" Rommy managed to distract herself, of course, but she hopped back to it in short order. "I'm a little familiar, I think. I haven't seen the vessel in person, of course, and was taught on something far bigger but... I'm pretty confident that I could maintain her, especially with documentation. Yeah! You won't get a better mechanic!" It was probably true, but for all the wrong reasons.

"Is that so?" The voice switched to sounding like a computer's voice. "Well I guess I better not take any of the other twenty mechanic's word on that and hire you right away." The bot at this point was just being mean and toying with the snake girl. "Better rush over to our berth and tell the Navigator waiting there that you were hired..."

"Really?"

"Well I can assume you are asking me to repeat myself. Which is not something I am willing to do. So you have two options... Be here before we push off... or... don't." There was a faint chitter after the last words, Crash was laughing. Then the line went dead, and Crash, Captain Bigpants, went back to pacing back and forth.

Andromeda was left slithering out of the booth with a confused expression on her face, hitching her bag back over her shoulder and tail, dodging around the next burly fellow in line. Did she just get the job? Just like that, no questions asked? Her suspicions rose further, but... there wasn't much to it. No one else was taking a naive novice like her - even if she had feet and could fit in most clothes and situations. The captain was weird, the name of the ship was... suspect, the day was young... well. She hadn't any other options.

Some five minutes later the lengthy expanse of the station was barreled down, crowded parting around a looming, rushing separa'shan woman. Her dufflebag swinging around was the least of her worries as she took her turns, skidding across the floor with a cartoon-ish squeal of her scales before continuing on. She might not never get to enjoy driving a car, but she had the experience all to herself anyway! Another drifted turn and she'd find herself coiling up to come sliding to an adrupt stop on the vessel's on ramp, swaying in place as the inertia filed a complaint. Breathing in deeply, her eager, wide eyes took in the spectacle that would be her new home vividly, glancing here and there and taking in every detail, every little rivet she could get her slitted eyes on!

She wasn't smiling for very long. "What is this...?" It was home, Andromeda. An ugly home, but...

Home.

A.S.S.H.A.T. - Loading Ramp

Stuffing her gloved hands inside the pockets of her jacket, the astrogator started to make her way down to the ship's loading ramp to greet the other crew members of the Concordia Veil. She was too distracted in her own thoughts that she didn't spot the first newcomer even when she turned towards the ramp, only when she took her first step down there.

Before Amelia could do anything else, her field of view was replaced from the ship ramp to a giant half-person, half-snake creature. It took her a few seconds to identify it as a Separa'Shan, and the Nepleslian just stood at the top of the ramp staring at the newcomer. Crash hadn't told her about anyone coming, and she had only sent the message to the former crew of the Concordia Veil, which only made her more wary of the situation.

"Who the hell are you?" Amelia asked, her expression remaining apathic, while her voice came out as crisp and a bit aggressive. The stranger on the other end of the ramp had reminded her of how it had been on Black Moon.It was Dawn Station, but after what had happened there she would forever be more paranoid about random people showing up at the ship.

Essia was by no means a high brow world, with a very paltry influence on the universe at large. Even merely a footnote in Yamatai - the average person might not even know what a Separa'shan was, so the brief pause and gawking didn't ruffle Rommy none. No, the grey, baggy hoodie wearing woman lurched herself upwards off her coiled tail, looming upwards to get eye level with Amelia. While the ship was low enough to allow forklifts to load the cargo hold directly, it still was a unintentionally imposing sight. Despite it, the lamia-woman was still all smiles, renewed by the new face! "Hello!" And an insufferably chipper tone of voice.

"I'm Andromeda of clan Halifax! Uh, captain... Bigpants, was it? Told me to come aboard! I'm a mechanic! Hello!" After a brief pause the young woman's head hung a bit forward, a sheepish expression blooming over her features. "Um. Could I come aboard?"

Once the Separa'Shan started to approach close to her, Amelia uncounsciously took a step back towards the corridor behind the ramp. The newcomer's voice grated in her ears, making the Nepleslian wince a bit at the overly cheerful tone from the half-snake woman, but she largely remained her composture as she spoke. At least the mention the ship's "captain" seemed to ease up a bit of her worries, maybe Crash had indeed hired that person. "Yeah, he's in the ship," was all that she answered, looking down the ramp and past Andromeda. "Excuse me," The astrogator said before she started to make her way down the ramp towards the tall Fyunnen.

Amelia had to almost hug the wall to avoid stepping on the Separa'Shan's tail in what turned out to be a very sloppy walk down, and let out a sigh of relief when she was clear of the newcomer. Quickly, Amelia walked towards Shrie, inwardly pleased to see another crewmember from the Concordia Veil. "Hey," she greeted the Lorath, briefly taking one of her hands out of her jacket's pocket and waving before returning them there.

Woken up from her gaze upon the desecration of art and starship engineering, Shrie blinked and looked down at Amelia. She shook her head a bit and extended her head with cup-holder tray full off coffees.

"Coffee," Shrie simply saind her semi-retarded way. She then extended her other hand holding plastic bag full of milk packets and sugar packets. "Milk, sugar." She added.

"Thanks," Amelia replied, taking one of the styroforam cups from the holder, although she didn't make any move to take any of the other proferred things in the bag. She preferred the coffee as it was brewed. After taking a tentative sip from the coffee, and deciding that it was, in fact, a very weak brew, the Nepleslian looked back up at the tall Lorath. "So what have you been up to?" She asked, all things considered, Shrie was doing very well ever since the Veil found her aboard one of the shuttles of the derelict mining ship.

"Looking for captain," Shrie replied with a sad voice. She shook her head and tried to put on a fake smile to not get things too depressive. "Also cooked. To get better. Trained with my sword. Things like that." She added to move one.

The tall Lorath then looked up to the ship above them. "This job," She started. "Cargo... run?" Shrie asked, looking back at Amelia.

Amelia took another sip of the coffee as she stared at the Lorath. It was sad in a way that Shrie didn't want to let go of that, considering Sienna had threatened to blow up the shuttle she and the Lorath had been in on that day during a very bad power trip from the captain. "Whatever you say," she replied, then looked at the entrance of the hangar to see if there would be any other crewmembers showing up. "And yeah, it's a cargo run," the astrogator added, continuing to sip from the hot beverage.

Shrie nodded at Amelia and took a bit more relaxed posture. "You... know this... freespacer captain?" Shried then asked, trying to find out more about their current situation and what she should get ready for. "Is he a good... man? Freespacers are men... right? Don't know them very...well."

In truth, Andromeda was a little confused at the unknown woman's flippant disregard for her, though the surprised, if a bit meek-acting, lamia nodded her head as the woman past, watching her go with muted interest. Another person - who? Another member of the crew, maybe? Those slitted eyes didn't stare for long, whether out of simply politeness or a remainder that she had to go and get herself hired. The end result was the same; Rommy attention shifted back up the ramp and she slithered on into one the cargo holds that it led too. Coming into it, the woman was thankful she wouldn't need to spend most of her time ducking while meandering this vessel; it was pretty tall!

"Hello?" Apprehensive and nervous, but on task none the less. When calling into the ship didn't pan out she hesitantly began to move inwards, invading the vessel while constantly looking this way and that for someone - the captain, hopefully, but it's not like she knew who that was. Or who anyone was.

Being the newbie sucked.

The rattle of Six Fours cart of "borrowed" medical supplies was the first thing to give away that the doctor was coming up the ramp. The second however was the Freespacer doctor itself, clad in medical coat and signature helmet pushing it from behind.

"This one gives a customary greeting of hello." It said once it had successfully reached the top of the ramp with cargo, "... This one is curious as to why you all are here.."

Dawn Station-Random Back Area

Tam noted a ping on his datajockey and saw that it was from Amelia, he wondered who could have a job for them but shrugged and started to gear back up before heading down to the docks to see what kind of madperson wanted to hire them. He'd managed to have his gear from the Veil offloaded and stashed during the three months and also had managed to sell the crate of rifles for a decent price before Sienna had disappeared.

Seth calmly strode up to conversing pair with an amused expression on his face as he watched the snake thing enter the ship. "Sorry, I suppose I'm a tad bit late since everyone else appears to have beaten me here but oh well. If you don't mind me asking, who and what the hell was that thing," he asked Amelia, indicating towards the disappearing back of the creature.

There were loads of things he'd never seen before but they were half as strange and slightly terrifying looking at that person there there was no way he was going to be able to properly enjoy himself on this little trip.

~~~~~~~~~~
A.S.S. H.A.T.
Wardroom
~~~~~~~~~~

Crash had continued pacing until the door slid open, Pausing the large and intimidating Captain turned to the new comer. It stood there in a pirate's outfit, fit for the old black and white holo-vids. Jacket sword and all. The only thing missing was the eye-patch. "Hello." It spoke to Andromeda.

"What are ye doing aboard my ship..." Crash said in pirate speak adding an "Arrrr" for good measure. Sure Crash knew who this person was. the data links had shown It the vid feeds of her first arrival and the time she wondered the ship looking for the Captain.

Slowly It's hand reached to It's sword. "Speak up or be prepared to be airlocked... On a plank... Arrr..."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back