• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Character history question (specific)

Turboneko

Inactive Member
I want my character's father to be a fromer soldier, maybe took part in a great battle during the Elysian War. Then, he returns to Nepeleslia and starts up a telecommunications business, and he and his wife order a Geshrin. Son is born around 10 YE, despite the fear of another PNUgen attack. Son is raised in one of the "good" neighborhoods in Funky City. Father forces him to learn telecommunications, and he makes a small name for himself as a hacker. His father also pushes him toward serving in the Nepeleslian Army, just as he did. He is told "either serve in the Army or serve in a mob," due to the fact his company has strong ties to the mob. The mob gets wind of his family's plan to enlist their son, and sees it as an act of unloyalty and kills everyone the day the son leaves to join. He doesn't receive the news until half-way through basic training, and after some erious thought, he decides to continue to serve in the Nepeleslian Army until he is discharged or dies.

Is this okay? I don't want to be arbitrating the situation with his father being a soldier.

It sounds reasonable, but it's hard as hell to find a "good" neighborhood in Funky City. You're more likely to have that mean a "highly armed and armored" area of the city, probably around the outskirts of the city, away from the center of the city.

Well I don't see a problem with it. We have too many people who are more combat oriented, it's good to see someone withinterest in the computers and such. I don't know much about it myself but if you think you can play that well enough, you're encouraged to try, and even if you find it's too muchfor you, you can retrain in something else.

Elysians are blamed for the YE 08 plague attack, not PNUgen.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back