• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Cherry Blossom Necklace

Charaa

Staff Member
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission RP Example
https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/the-gift-of-cherry-blossoms.70755/
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:yugumo_corporation:clothing:cbn
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
  2. Outlaws (Independent)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
My second clothing item, and I fully acknowledge that on duty Star army personnel are not allowed to wear this.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Very beautiful addition. I fixed what stood out and you got yourself an FM approval : )

3 Day Approval.

I'm having a little trouble seeing how you could coat a flower with molten (?) starship armor without destroying it. Ideas?

I'm having a little trouble seeing how you could coat a flower with molten (?) starship armor without destroying it. Ideas?

@Charaa Maybe instead of metal, you could use some kind of transparent polymer or resin? I didn't catch this and @Wes has a good point.

"Lamination" doesn't always need to use heat, but when it doesn't it then it uses pressure. Also not very good for flower petals. "Filament" is a string of something that's usually melted, though. Looking at durandium, it seems to have likely been chosen because it has a very thin alloy base unit (along with the rule of cool).

Maybe instead of "laminated in a Transparent Durandium filament" it could be "coated with a monomolecular latticework bonding made of Transparent Durandium." Or something. Just an idea to maintain the original intent.

Sorry, honestly, I was trying to come up with the right word to use since I wanted it to be transparent so that the petals could be visible, but also solid, and Transparent Durandium is all I could think of.

@Charaa Maybe instead of metal, you could use some kind of transparent polymer or resin? I didn't catch this and @Wes has a good point.

Based on the video it does do what I want, so epoxy resin might work well.

"Lamination" doesn't always need to use heat, but when it doesn't it then it uses pressure. Also not very good for flower petals. "Filament" is a string of something that's usually melted, though. Looking at durandium, it seems to have likely been chosen because it has a very thin alloy base unit (along with the rule of cool).
Maybe instead of "laminated in a Transparent Durandium filament" it could be "coated with a monomolecular latticework bonding made of Transparent Durandium." Or something. Just an idea to maintain the original intent.

could “Filament” be made from something edible? asking for another page reason.

I've made edits to the page, to remove mention of transparent durandium to be on the safe side.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back