• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission Cherry Blossom Necklace

Charaa

Staff Member
๐ŸŽจ Media Gallery
Submission RP Example
https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/the-gift-of-cherry-blossoms.70755/
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:yugumo_corporation:clothing:cbn
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
  2. Outlaws (Independent)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
My second clothing item, and I fully acknowledge that on duty Star army personnel are not allowed to wear this.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Very beautiful addition. I fixed what stood out and you got yourself an FM approval : )

3 Day Approval.

I'm having a little trouble seeing how you could coat a flower with molten (?) starship armor without destroying it. Ideas?

I'm having a little trouble seeing how you could coat a flower with molten (?) starship armor without destroying it. Ideas?

@Charaa Maybe instead of metal, you could use some kind of transparent polymer or resin? I didn't catch this and @Wes has a good point.

"Lamination" doesn't always need to use heat, but when it doesn't it then it uses pressure. Also not very good for flower petals. "Filament" is a string of something that's usually melted, though. Looking at durandium, it seems to have likely been chosen because it has a very thin alloy base unit (along with the rule of cool).

Maybe instead of "laminated in a Transparent Durandium filament" it could be "coated with a monomolecular latticework bonding made of Transparent Durandium." Or something. Just an idea to maintain the original intent.

Sorry, honestly, I was trying to come up with the right word to use since I wanted it to be transparent so that the petals could be visible, but also solid, and Transparent Durandium is all I could think of.

Based on the video it does do what I want, so epoxy resin might work well.

could โ€œFilamentโ€ be made from something edible? asking for another page reason.

I've made edits to the page, to remove mention of transparent durandium to be on the safe side.

Reactions: Wes
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ