• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Chii~su!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarryman

Inactive Member
Heya, I'm Tarryman. It'll take me a while to get up to speed because there is just SOOO MUUCCHHH information about this. Reading it for an hour made me join =P.

Worst case scenario, I'll end up inactive quickly, but at the very least I wanna try making a character. I hope to have one done soon.

I usually RP on Proboards so it'll also take me a while to get use to this new format/layout...

EDIT: Hahah... shoulda read in more detail before planning my character. I'm thinking of making an Elysian character, but I only just saw that you need permission for Patrician. Welp, so much for that idea, unless I can somehow be allowed =P

If you're willing to write one up with no real guarantees, I'm actually finally (somewhat) back from my weird absences, so I'm willing to look over the character. Realistically though, Caelisolans have most of the Patrician stuff without needing permission, though for either I'd like to see some reason for them to be where they are.

Just have the personality and history left to go but I can already tell I'll need help. Most likely with the Inventory when it gets checked over =P

The idea I had for a Patrician was to be more like they were on the Plebeians' side but gets involved in some incident which I would make up within reason and he ends up being exiled from the Elysian society or something similar, and make it have something to do with his wings color. EG: His eyes, wings and hair are black, even though he is Patrician. He must be tainted.

But yeah, hopefully I'll have it done by tonight, +12 Timezone

I feel that I should point out that Elysians don't use Japanese style names. It would, in fact, be quite the opposite. Think of the Elysians as an unwilling protectorate in the YSE. They fought 3-4 wars in living memory against the Yamataians before being annexed. This is not a happy partnership on their end and naming people under the Yamataian naming tradition is akin to declaring your allegiance to them.

The point of my character is that he won't be aligned to anyone but, being raised for as long as he can remember in a Yamataian environment, he renames himself. His past will be that he forgets everything including his own name. Just functional memories remain such as motor functions, muscle memory, speech and that sorta stuff. Or is that going too far?

Memory loss is pretty much no good. Elysians pioneered the Soul Transfer tech that Yamatai made famous, so any injury major enough to cause that kind of memory loss would've simply resulted in a backup of him being restored instead of saving the current him.

So honestly, the name and growing up in Yamatai don't make sense unless you're going to make him a Yamataian sympathizer. That's completely possible (though he'd be more or less completely shunned by anyone other then people who used to be sympathizers as well), but it's the only real way that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back