• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Cleaning on yamataian ships?

Kai

Inactive Member
Retired Staff
Soresu Post subject: Cleaning on Yamataian Ships?Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:04 am

okay, after editing a past JP of mine, I came across a question ICly that I honestly had no answer to. How does one dispose of trash on board a Yamataian ship? Does the nodal system simply break it down? Or are their garbage receptacles in rooms? Also, I am going to venture a guess at the nodal system being able to clean up liquid spills and the like, but I could be totally wrong here.

So in short, could someone enlighten me?

Luca Post subject: Re: Cleaning on Yamataian Ships?Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:14 am

Just sit back and let the MEGAMI and the generated sprites worry about the cleaning.

Wes Post subject: Re: Cleaning on Yamataian Ships?Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:59 am

O9 Taisho (Site Admin)

Trash is typically disintegrated and recycled via the HSCS.

I think we should detail this more...maybe adding standard cleaning closets to the list of KFY ship compartments with a list of common tools and chemicals.

Well I recall from other discussions that not all ships have Nodal systems. But I could see the Nodal system being used when the ship returns to base, as a way of disinfecting, sanitizing the ship.

As for trash disposal, trash compactors to reduce the refuse, then either incinerate it, or use it as raw materials if they have a nodal fabrication system.

Or :lol: we could always take a page from the old SciFi comedy "Quark" and have trash put in space baggies and have garbage ships gather it... hahaha :lol:

I've seen the ship descriptions. Almost none of them explain waste removal.

The idea of baggies makes me laugh. An armor pilot flying in the wake of a ship then a baggie bursting across the armor's visor at several thousand miles an hour, smearing the filth across it and rendering them blind.

Hilarious.

Another thing that usually isn't noted is restrooms. recently, I've attempted to remember to add those to my ship designs. Most ships insinuate have waste disposal and restrooms, but almost never detail them or put them in ship descriptions/layouts.

The Traveler-class transport has waste disposal and bath/restrooms. I'm so proud...

OsakanOne said:
An armor pilot flying in the wake of a ship then a baggie bursting across the armor's visor at several thousand miles an hour, smearing the filth across it and rendering them blind.

Hilarious.

At several thousand miles/hr, that pilot might want to consider repairing the mass damage to his/her armor after that impact.

kai said:
Another thing that usually isn't noted is restrooms. recently, I've attempted to remember to add those to my ship designs. Most ships insinuate have waste disposal and restrooms, but almost never detail them or put them in ship descriptions/layouts.
A proud trait started by Thomas, virtually all Elysian ships do place them in the description and layouts! Also, the carpeting in modern Elysian ships literally eats grime. :)

Meanwhile, in the Star Army, shuttles are equipped with the equivalent of Ziploc bags. Restrooms are not well described on most of my designs, but I'm pretty sure all their locations are listed (in the Plumeria stats, for instance, they're mentioned as a side room of the Crew Lounge).

In the shuttles, you could likely put in the equivalent of a 'gravity toilet'. Make the room unbearably small due to size restrictions and call it a day...provided there is a dispenser for hand sanitizer, or wet naps as well ^^;. It isn't fancy, but it does eliminate the ziploc bag thingy which can become quite messy given the right situation. :shock:

Hm... I remember asking Toshiro if there was a lonely, mentally-slow janitor that swept the ship and took care of things. He said no, unfortunately. :( "The Node system takes care of it, so no janitor is necessary." ..or something like that.

I have that mentally slow janitor. He's a lobotomized Ghost Mishhu who wears a paper hat over the scar area, and has a love for peaches. (Don't ask.)

Granted, I do believe the Nodal system should be relied on less for such cleaning duties, and more on important things, leaving caretakers, and such things to do, as well as giving the rooms a more roomy feel by including trash receptacles and so on.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back