• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Communications Forums / Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of our communication forums hadn't been used in months and months, so I've been pruning them today (the forums only, not their topics).
  • A new Transmissions and Communications forum is on the forum index page in the RP section. It's a general communication forum for everyone to use, including factions without their own forum.
    • SYNC (Yamatai's civilian/public network was merged into this)
    • Lazarus Public Network was also merged into this.
    • There's a redirect link in there for the factional communication forums:
      • Yamatai/Star Army communications
      • Nepleslia's communications forum
      • Hidden Sun Clan's communication forum
      • Let me know if there's other major faction forums that need to be linked to.
  • All of the Yamataian government networks got merged (the Star Army Communications Network, the YSE Senate, and the SSS Network). There are thread prefixes to sort the topics from each other as usual. The SSS doesn't have a plot right now and the senate has been inactive for quite some time.
I'm trying to figure out what to do with Nepleslia's communication forum. It's a major faction, so you'd think it should have one, but their forum is almost entirely unused. Only one topic has been posted there since 2012.

Do you guy think orders threads are still a thing? Do we still need them? A lot of factions/plots don't seem to bother with them anymore.

Pre-wiki, the orders threads were useful for keeping track of character awards, history, so on. Since the wiki, however, I haven't found them to be a useful tool. If I needed to issue orders or awards, I'd include them in an RP thread and let the player update the char's wiki accordingly.

If I needed to issue orders or awards, I'd include them in an RP thread and let the player update the char's wiki accordingly.
Yeah, that's how I've been doing it in the Eucharis RP lately. The promotions are held in the RP and the orders are read there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ