• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Condition of FM guardianship over the planet Osman and Cavalon system(Originally 188604 and the B7R star system)

The wording of which doesn’t match the planets location. You changed it to the Western Sector, which is not the location it is in canon. This conversation is for another thread, so to get back on topic. Will Jack be receiving FM rights over Osman? Or is there another system of ruling that has been made?

A lot of ooc people have claims over 188604 and its system. And just as many IC people and groups have claims as well from the freespacers and S6 and the skyguard remnants to even nepland in a very, very small capacity.

Hell, even I have a very small claim on the planet from an IC standpoint (Or less about the planet but about certain assets.).

Personally i dont think 188604 (osman) should fall under any current FM for a small period of time.

I think it should fall under the category of Independent, And while the indi still doesnt have a group of FMs to help with stuff like this that would fall under @Wes 's domain... Due to just how many people have claims over it, Until such things can be worked out. To avoid anyone coming in now or later who had a vested interest in 188 that got written off and can no longer continue or work on that without possible trouble towards new narratives.

Im not saying S6 cant have it. But i think first some IC things should be worked out to tie up some loose ends and appease all comers. There are still major freespacer elements on 188 (Like Lyco and the brass throne, The partisans, wire guided, etc.) for example. And i know for a fact some people who are currently vying for osman dont even know their history there and would simply write them off like they never existed, Getting rid of a lot of rp...

TLDR:

i think there should be a slight undertaking to fix up some lore and tie up some stories considering just how much has gone on in regards to osman. And even though im sure he doesnt even know half of the rp that went on there-there was so much, Should be submitted to the defacto indi FM, Wes. For approval after the fact with a 3 day timer so it can be said there was an official 3-day timer that they could come in and make requests for closure.

Plus i want to snatch up evil neko for nepland to rot away in the bog prison im making. To hell with what wrongs you thing she did you any of your chars or what not. She literally killed off half my senate and i have an IPG team waiting to black bag her wherever shes hiding bin-laden style.

Plus i called dibs here officially now! its official!

I am going to assume everything in italics was a joke.

Because Freespacers do play a huge role in the planet formerly known as 188604, we should get the opinion of @Primitive Polygon here.

Surely you jest at my ancient right of dibs?

Im making a bog prison.

There is a dark and stinky cell for Us... Evil Neko.

She killed a bunch of senators and fled before the whole ragnarok PMC and 188604 thing.

Everyone just wants to kill her. But she deserves worse and i called dibs.

Everyone else might have forgotten, But i havent. And i demand my comeuppance!

Honestly? People messing with my wiki articles and forgetting lore I wrote with them is one of the major reason why I've more or less given up doing plots on SARP altogether.

The Freespacers were a major component of not only manufacturing early Skyguard vessels (due to a trade deal), but also populated those vessels with Partisan robots. The plot arc of the character Lycosidae is highly relevant. But once those ships were built, any political "don't be a total bully invader/dictator with them" deals were forgotten about immediately.

Logically, the economic crisis caused by dumb military spending would have been perfect for the Spacers to swing in and take over, seeing as they were the only party members that weren't effected... But I've always hated player-meta factional junk-swinging, so I eventually ended up fixing and rephrasing the throne of brass article to mention them simply moving on due to the instability instead.

TLDR;

I'm not calling dibs, but you can't use any of the Freespacer stuff that used to be there. It's gone.

Last edited:
Faction Managers are for playable factions only. USO/OSO is not a playable faction. Use of its remnants including Osman and Cavalon is available for every GM and plans for it should be posted in the GM forum like any other shared setting element in Star Army.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back