• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Conference Discussion

The "put the location in your post" thing is supposed to be a site-wide standard. It would help prevent confusion.

Sorry! I've been downed for the last few days since my laptop needed fixing up - I'll post today or tomorrow though, once I get reorientated.

The "put the location in your post" thing is supposed to be a site-wide standard. It would help prevent confusion.

I still say the thread should be split, or repurposed for one or the other. Right now, the treaty thing has pretty much gotten all of the attention, and the conference itself has seen next to no interest.

I may be willing to fill in for Doshii at the conference itself, despite responsability for the thing falling on my lap without notice, but it doesn't mean I'll bend backwards to accomodate people that aren't there. Not my problem.

Hence, if this conference is to be salvaged, my recommendation is to compartimentalize as a way of damage control. A "Location in your post" is not enough; or I should rather say: "not the necessary fix". Focus attention on the treaty, because that's really the only interesting thing going on, and then see afterwards if something can be cobbled together for the rest of the people involved, once all parties are collectively ready to move on.

Or, more likely, just end the conference there. To me, I look at the going ons, and it seems like the interest just isn't there. Cut loses, acknowledge that the conference was short, generally uneventful past the occasional mudslinging, and largely directly thanks to Yuumi's maneuvering into being about singing a very important treaty. There will be other conferences in the future, and other opportunities to maneuver politically on a more direct basis rather than having the smaller nation's interest get largely lost in the huge melting pot where their interest just end up being dwarfed by the giants.

Leaving the country for a couple weeks. Cell connection technically will not be a problem; but I'm not sure how much posting I'll be able to do with the travel package I picked up. I should have WiFi now and then, but not likely not where I'll be staying for the bulk of my time.

Best wishes for a safe and memorable trip!

Premise is iffy. I was figuring it'd either be the regular diplomats shooting the shit in the Iromakuanhe embassy, or a formal press conference about the events about the events at Asura, depending on what the turnout was.

EDIT: For the former, I'd invite faction manager and other people who control news outlets to participate.

What time? I can probably have Kohaku attend.

I'll say a start time between 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM, and it'll last however long it takes. Probably not more than 3 hours, 4 if things are especially slow.

Nataria Tour: are you guys waiting on me?

IRC: Have we called it due to inactivity, or are there still delegates around for Azorea to talk to? The fishies have requests to make of Yamatai and Nepleslia.

Well, the HSC still has people on Yamatai if Azorea wants to speak with them.

@Wes

Your second link in the first post no longer works. Also, when is the next IRC? Curious because since the Neshaten should be able to join the next one.

Historically we've done one every two years, so if we go by that, the next one will be in YE 38, probably around March.

We could still have one this year, but keep in mind we're heading into the busy fall/holiday season soon.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…