Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Interest Check Conspiracy Theories

raz

SAINT Director
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Most "good" conspiracy theories can be described in a single sentence.
  • "Jet fuel can't melt steel beams."
  • "Chemtrails release poison in the air."
  • "Aliens built the pyramids."
We know that the Star Army has conspiracy theories, as is evidenced by the belief exhibited by some that the Yamatai Star Empire itself created the Mishhu. Have to admit that I come up with some from time to time, which is sort of where this RP idea came from. This would be an Open RP where characters sit in a dimly lit bar or SAINT SCIF and discuss crazy ideas (or implement them as psyops in the latter case).

Almost posted this thread as a general setting discussion, but thought it might be a good opportunity to RP. I have found that I prefer JPing, but I'm willing to do an SP thread if there is interest in that. Even though conspiracy theories can be described very simply, most have a lot of dumb details, so we'd roleplay the discussion of those. Any character from the history of SARP could join, as the conversations would take place in an anonymous place at an inconsequential time.

Here are some SARP conspiracy threads I've come up with so far or already exist:
  • "Chiharu worship is a psyop."
  • "The UOC was a Lorath long con to acquire massive amounts of Yamataian resources."
  • "Himiko is a sleeper agent!" (In her declaration to make Neko a species after the Senate voted otherwise, she purposefully gave Useu justification to come back and be Emperor, which is a fear of Yui-sama's)
  • "SAINT killed Empress Ayame." (Is that how this one goes?)
  • "Uesu did the Mishhu." (We all know it was Shinichiro!)
In any case, there's the idea! If there's no interest, maybe I'll ask this thread be moved to the Setting Discussion board and edit accordingly.

This very much seems like something Wazu would get himself stuck in, but I may not have a lot of time for it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back