• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Crawler Halftrack

Commissar Farzi

🎖️ Game Master
The Humble Half-Track-plugging away even as it's crews are pressure washed out of the interior.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm glad to see the Halftrack getting love in SARP. There is only 1 issue I can see, that being a Tier mistake.
Mecha
6Heavy ArmorDevil, Hostile, KirieCan't walk in upright through a doorway; around ~2.30 meters tall.9)
7Light MechaAggressor, M9 TASHA, V6 Hayabusa IIFits in half a tennis court; around 5~11 meters long.10)
The article lists DRv3 Tier Tier 6 at 12.4 ft. This is spot on per DRv3.
It also lists it being Up-armored to Tier 7. Tier works based on size and is not a grade of damage resistance. Rather it assumes that the armor is on-par with other equivalent tier vehicles. Armor is its own metric and an unarmored vehicle would treat incoming damage hit one tier higher than normal, functionally making it one tier lower than it's listed tier.
In order for a submission to be Tier 7 its largest dimension must be between 16.4 ft and 36 ft.
The real life M3 half-track was 20 ft 3 in (6.17 m) with roller, per Wikipedia, and would be a T7 vehicle in SARP. Looking at the art you have provided I can see the similarities between the two and could see the Crawler having both an armored T7 and unarmored model. You surely remember our tank battle and how big a difference that size clase can make.

Could've swore I listed that in the size section-I'll get on it later tonight.

EDIT: Initially I'd listed the Uparmored variant as being just over 16 feet tall with the standard being just over 7, but it was just easier to increase the overall length to 17 to bring it up to tier 7 to save me some writing. Still gave the up-armored variant a *slight* size increase in height to account for the extra armor being welded to it.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back