• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Closed Create A Gender Balancing Program for the Star Army of Yamatai

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
I made another waifu-based character today and she turned out great, and look forward to using her in the Star Army Recruiting thread...but I was also thinking, it would be nice to have more male characters. I was thinking I should have Hanako (head of Star Army Personnel) clone a bunch of male soldiers to start balancing genders. On the OOC side this would mean creating a ton of male NPC to try to balance out the female ones better. I don't expect it to break even but a push in a more balanced direction would be nice. I could use some of the tools I've found (like Artbreeder) or made (like the Star Army Bio Writer AI) to give them unique bios and I could freely give them to GMs who need NPCs and/or offer them as adoptable pregens to new players (kind of a grab and go character bio).

I was thinking they'd be Minkans but I'd also like your feedback on whether these males might include male Nekovalkyrja.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I want to clarify this suggestion isn't about making male nekos, it's just about codifying an effort to make more male soldiers. I just asked if people thought they should be included as a way of explaining why a few of them exist.

Reactions: raz
I think that if you're going to do these NPCs, they should not be fluffed as 'cloned male soldiers' but as the result of an increased effort to recruit male civilians into the SAoY.

In-character, the problem is that the Star Army has made so many women, it's affected the population of the Empire. Recruiting more men doesn't solve the problem, it just moves them around while not making more of them.

OOC, the characters I'm making would include both recruits and clones.

Reactions: raz
Perhaps instead of being focused on being more male, it's more an effort to recruit more civilians and reduce the mass production of Nekos. Because historically there was the division between the soldiers (Neko) and the civilians (Minkan) that just happened to feel patriotic enough to join. Don't know how much the percentage of Minkan are just Nepleslians that moved over and switched bodies for a number of reasons.

I think if wes wants to make more male NPCs that's great and he should do what he has the drive and motivation to do. But i think making it an IC thing that there are suddenly more males seems tricky for yamatais already massive star army to offset it enough that suddenly there's just that many more noticeable male individuals when the SA isnt hurting on manpower even at the end of the war (Since likely 9/10 deaths could or would be revived via ST).

And also because the PCs/NPCs arent outliers in the setting but are the unique cases among billions in the setting who accomplish great deeds and feats in the grand scheme of things.

Like i said there's nothing wrong with just having more men to interact with compared to the bulk being female NPCs. You should do it if you want to and if you have an IC reason for it then that's fine but in a case like this and you want and IC reason then i would recommend not simply cloning but instead just making it look like you were incentivizing more already established men in yamatai to join ww2 propaganda style like the old we can do it posters but instead with some minkin man and some quote about lending the girls a hand or picking up the slack.

dd28b948b87b9a936c207cfcb8f0074d.jpg

Plus instead of having them cloned which doesnt leave much room for history or fluff you can use that Ai generator of yours to make some unique histories for them~

When you can clone people, population dynamics aren't so much of an issue. The Yamataian culture is largely female and that's part of its charm, just like the Nepleslians are a bunch of rowdy boys with guns. This feels like making a change simply for the sake of being able to claim 'diversity' when there isn't really a problem to solve.

I don't think it's a problem and would prefer not to see some sort of IC effort to resolve it, but if you want to make a ton of NPCs that's cool with me.

edit: It's your faction at the end of the day, so if you want to make more guys IC then I'll support you. I like that Yam is a lot of women for various reasons. It reminds me of the things it draws inspiration from. My preference comes from a desire to preserve that feeling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back