• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Tasks: Help Request Create An Article for the Star Army Chaplain Corps

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
πŸŽ–οΈ Game Master
Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
In general the Star Army doesn't really spend a lot of time thinking about religion but the Star Army does think about morale and retention. As seen in recent funeral RP, a small chaplain corps exist in the Star Army that provides religious services to Star Army soldiers. I request a member to help by making a wiki article for it.

Upvote 3
We should note however that two key Yamataian species are relatively religious, The Elysians and the Separa'Shan. The Elysians seem to be Greek/Jewish/Zoroastrian with a central temple whereas the Separa'Shan are a bit more of 'folk religion' and who's object has appeared in the setting. I don't know about Elysians, but Separa'Shan have near 100% belief in Naga'Shun of some sort. (That said, it's a really low bar. The 'Days of Awe' that they mention when they say "We Witnessed In Our Midst The Days of Awe" is something that happened only a few years ago.) Ironically, the Separa'Shan I play the most is an atheist. The Senti are also religous, but IIRC not to the same extent as Elysians and Separa'Shan.

I agree, Chaplin should probably be a qualification that is most commomly taken by Caretakers and Counselors, although it is open to any MOS.

Oh this is right down my alley. If this is still open I am happy to take on this wiki challenge. If not I am open to support the person making said wiki.

I personally really enjoy this type of thinking and use it fairly often in my writing. I picture it being a role which has focus on healing more so than any religion though they have the training to lean on such teachings. For example they would know and understand Elysians and Separa'Shan to be able to speak to them on terms they can relate too. One does not need religion in order to be a Chaplin. It is about a calling to help someone through emotional and spirited journey.

This could be a split off of the role of counselor since many of the classes taken mirror closely. I'd have to think more on this just how different and how that part would shake out.

None the less just let me know and be happy to take this on or just give a hand in crafting.

As far as I know, no one has actually started on an article yet.

Have some text documents. Was just scared I was gonna get totally shot down.

Trying to establish the scope of what we are talking about, and how it relates to Yamatai culture as a whole, rather than bombard people with a wall of text they are not going to read.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…