Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Current Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to give you guys an update on the current situation.

I got a couple technical issues I am working on:
  • The server is having trouble talking to other servers. This caused the wiki to slow down because it was trying to do update checks from a repository. Temporarily disabled these checks to bring the wiki back up to max speed.
  • I upgraded PHP to a higher version recently but now we are seeing a memory limit issue. I am looking into this. Probably just a setting that needs changed but I cannot easily SSH until I get some time at home. I switched off the chat add-on to help the server use less resources. Most of the talk is on Discord already anyway.
Other Concerns
  • A racist troll attacked the site late last night. I removed the spam he left. Let me know if any was missed.
  • Please be mindful of Florida SARPers dealing with Hurricane Irma.
  • Don't be rude to each other in the settings submission forum or any other forum. I got a lot of reports from there recently.

I don't think there's any straightforward way for a newcomer to know how to get to the SARP Discord server. Or, at least, it doesn't seem obviously advertised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back