• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Cy83r's Workshop

WIP for the NTD-R07-X Gendarme: placeholder and blueprint for commission work.
ai954.photobucket.com_albums_ae26_Cy83r_R07_X.jpg

Still fiddling with the limb size while I layer on the torso. Neck might need bulking up, lengthening, or both. Need to figure out how I'm going to draw myomer with a small canvas and pixels.

Is the spine the only abdomen it has?

"...while I layer on the torso..." I work off of block and skeletal models for a lot of stuff, drawing basic parts before heaping on the details.

It has servos in the spine, but I do need to run hydraulics and musculature which will give it a more normal figure when all's said and done. Otherwise there aren't any systems I would even think of placing in the abdomen; power and processing are in the chest cavity and the major sensors are crammed into the head. I thought about just running basic things along the spine for motile function, but the hydraulics at least would be anchored from the pelvis to the ribcage. Putting the main sets of myomer bundles along the belly rather than the spine would also make more sense from the perspective of leverage and all that.

Additionally, I'm thinking of cutting out the skeleton all together and going for a typical torso case depiction, leaving the internals for the imagination or a commissioned cutaway view.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back