Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP Dasshutsu Sokudo, Prologue: Jigoku

Lizalopod

Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
YE 46.5
RP Location
Zhaknrukt Star System, Planet Xefkimuxxthrosho
Approximately 184,000 lightyears away from the Kiyko Sector. . .

Unknown Sector, Zhaknrukt Star System
YE 46.5
Xefkimuxxthrosho - NMX Installation 446 Headquarters

There was an almost unnatural silence in the massive chamber at the core of the Headquarters on the Mishhuvurthyar Prision planet Xefkimuxxthrosho. A medium size, habitable planet, Xefkimuxxthrosho had been used as a prison complex for prisoners of war unfortunate enough to be caught by the NMX during the bloody wars fought upon the far away Kiyko sector and beyond. However, it wasnt a traditional prision. Instead of housing prisioners in cells, they were thrown out onto the planet and allowed to attempt to survive... only to be mercilessly hunted down by young Mishhuvurthyar, as training for the fledglings.

Inside a vast chamber filled to the brim with communication and surveillance equipment, a terrifyingly massive pile of flesh rested. The carapace of what would be identified as a Dominator Type Mishhuvurthyar watched screens in front of her ominously, eyes half open. The terrifying creatures features seemed to tilt into a scowl as they correctly identified the hissing of a pair of hydraulic doors opening: giving way for a rather small Advanced-type Mishhuvurthyar to enter the chamber.

"MY LORD, I COME TO INFORM YOU OF-" The Advanced type Mishhuvurthyar, quite terrifying in its own right, stopped speaking as the massive Dominator type Misshuvurthyar reared itself to look at them with an angered expression. Completely lacking the rather cocky or egotistical behavior which other Misshuvurthyar leaders seemed to always display, the Superior Commander simply struck its subordinates eyes with an ice cold stare. . .

"SPIT IT ALREADY." Was all she said. No threats, no berating. The Dominator type preferred to let her previous actions speak for herself... that and the several corpses of a myriad of different species simply stapled to the walls of her chamber. "WELL. YES. OF COURSE MY LORD." The Mishhuvurthyar said in between pauses as it attempted to avoid the Dominator type's gaze. It shook its head momentarily as it continued on with a lengthy report of the prisons current status, which went mostly tuned out by the Prison warden. Instead, the creatures eyes squinted as it focused on one of the consoles displays, which detailed an incoming prison ship inbound to a randomly selected clearing on the planets jungle surface...

NMX Prison Ship

The decaying and horrid interior of a Mishhuvurthyar transport vessel shook as it traveled into the atmosphere of the planet below, something rather alien to its current inhabitants, which had been forced to inhabit rather crude and unsanitary cells for the entirety of their stay. Each cell was rather small and cramped, about three meters in width, length and height, each featuring simple commodities required for life, waste disposals, water and food dispensers, and a rather uncomfortable metallic beds to sleep or sit on. Each cell accommodated two prisoners of war taken by the mishhuvurthyar during the currently renewed war in the Kiyko sector. The vessel had been travelling for weeks, months, even, delivering its unfortunate cargo to its hellish destination.

Nekovalkrja, Neplesians, Elysians, and more- the ship was laden with hundreds of captured soldiers and civilians which had gone through hell in the last couple of weeks. Granted, through all the torture and suffering they had endured, the Mishhuvurthyar seemed intent on keeping them all from death, or at least, keeping most of them from death. At the very least, considering how they had been in transit aboard the vessel for several weeks, they had quite awhile to become acquainted to each other. A small elysian female sat perched on the uncomfortable bench in her cell, head raised upwards towards the wall as she leaned back on it. Consistent with everyone else unwillingly aboard the transport, the Elysian seemed in bad shape, dirtied and neglected. Most notably, one of her wings was completely missing from her back with only a stump remaining in its place, the other haphazardly bandaged. Her face scrunched into a frown as the shaking became more evident. Something was clearly happening, although they weren't fully aware of exactly what. The tired eyes of the small Star Army Shoi scanned throughout the other cells, watching as other prisoners began to react to the shaking. Her singular bandaged wing seemed to ruffle, fearing whatever was next to happen to the group of prisoners.

The rumbling became more and more evident as time passed, until essentially everyone was aware of it. Muttering erupted from the cells as nervous pacing commenced simultaneously from several of the captives. They were, of course, unaware of their destination...

"Traitor."

A brand that will now forever sully her career as an overseer. Five years of loyal service only to end up prisoner to her own nation all because she dared to protect her sister from a commander who was all too happy to torture his own soldiers. His actions should have been exposed to his rivals, then the tentacled bastards could have handled it for her. It made her seethe to think how many of her own kin would continue to suffer now that his playthings were no longer with him. He'd have likely already replaced them, the bastard.

She was on a separate ship before being transferred to this one. Back there, her cellmate was a corpse. Murdered by her own hands as her new wardens were so keen to let everyone overhear when they dragged her to her new cell. She remained dressed in NMX military attire, only her ranks were stripped from her, a dried patch of blood running from her right shoulder all the way down to the back being the only decoration upon it now. She wore an eye patch over her right eye, with a large scar running behind it to clue in why it was needed. Though such a look was not uncommon at all, it was strange to see it on a neko.

Her one good eye was a golden color and was on a perpetual scowl even as she slept. Though one would question if she ever slept at all with how quick she would bolt awake the moment there was movement in or out of her cell. But could she have really felt safe at all when her allegiance was laid bare to the other prisoners? She made sure to keep herself protected at all times. She was a soldier, and a damn good one at that. She wasn't going to die in this cell at the hands of an unwashed prisoner. The wardens may have done her a favor for saying she murdered her previous cellmate. She did nothing to make herself look less of a threat. She barely spoke and when she does, she says little.

When she felt the rumbling, she quietly stood up from her bed took her favorite position in the cell, leaning against the corner by the cell door, listening for any footsteps. She felt that the situation had shifted. And she wasn't going to be taken by surprise.

The young Neko who had been asleep on the bunk suddenly gasped and sat up. Sweat covered her forehead. "We exited hyperspace about an hour ago." The neko looked up at her cell mate who was sitting on her bunk with her ear pressed against the filthy wall. Her dirty red hair covered her face on one side, the other side was shaved off. "Sounds like we're entering a planet's atmosphere." As if to prove her statement the ship began to shake. "Better hurry up and finish your dinner. You'll need your strength." The neko who had just woken up rubbed her arms a moment as she looked over at the plate of... certainly not food by any civilized standards. She noticed that there was twice as much as normal on it. "You haven't eaten?" She asked weakly.

Red continued to listen to the ship's engines. She was a good four inches taller than the other neko, who seemed almost too small and sickly to even be a neko. The smaller neko pulled her short black hair out of her face and asked again, a little louder. "You haven't eaten anything? You need to keep eating so that your..." Red cut her off. "My arm has grown back. It's fine. You've given me most of your food for the last 2 weeks. Its grown back. Now eat. I don't want to have to carry your sickly butt when we make a break for it." Short black hair looked at the food again then slowly took it and tried to force it down. Two weeks ago Red had made a break for it. She hadn't gotten very far and had had her arm torn off for her defiance. Luckily for her, Neko arms grew back, with proper food. Black hair had given Red her share of their rations so that she'd have the energy to grow her arm back.

Black hair choked down her rations then hugged her knees to her chest. "I'm scared." Red snorted then glanced over at her cell mate. "We'll be fine." "But what are we..." "I said we'll be fine!" Red snapped. The other neko's lip quivered as she tried to keep back the tears. "I don't want to see anything bad happen to you and I'm afraid I'll just slow you down." Tears were beginning to form in the corners of her purple eyes. Red got up and sat down beside her cell mate, putting her arm around her. She turned her head so that their foreheads were touching. That seemed to give the smaller woman some comfort. After a moment she asked, "Remember what mom says?" Red snorted again. "You're doing it wrong. Do it again correctly?" That brought a small chuckle to the small neko. "You girls can do anything you set your minds to." Red took a deep breath. "I miss mom and dad too."

The ship's rumblings became stronger. At this point everyone was aware of it and there was a sense of apprehension in the air. Red pulled away and grabbed the bundle of rags that were sitting in the corner and drew out a shive she had made. "It's not Straight Silver, but it'll have to do until we get ours back." "Or if we can get our hands on Titan and Dragon's Claw. I still feel like they are somewhere one the ship." Red nodded. She felt it too. "Just stick close to me. If we see an opening we take it. Run as far and as fast as you can." Black hair nodded then made a fist with her right hand and tapped her opposite shoulder. "Good hunting, Ryoko." Ryoko brushed her red hair over one shoulder then repeated the gesture. Then they both tapped their forearms together. It was the traditional salute for good fate in combat by their father's clan. "Good hunting, Hotaru."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back