• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Death, Ruin, and Deception

J

Jack Pine

//independant station near 188604// immediately after murder//
Lazarus walked back into the back corridors avoiding people most of the way as he moved back towards his own vessel. The Esmeralda woman would surely be waiting, if not trailing him already. Little did he know that there was a third party following him as well.

Esmeralda was waiting inside of the bridge of the Mule Ultralight Freighter which had stopped at a station within the SX-05 system. Lazarus had been gone for quite a while. However, all of his status symbols were in the green. As long as that was the case, she planned to stay put. However, it was time for her to send a communication.

"Lazarus, what is your status? Is the target liquidated? I need you back at the bridge, so we can leave ASAP."

"Target elimination complete. That was fun, and she was a lively one, but disappointingly weak. Her blood covers me, and it's still giving off that beautifully sweet smell of death. ETA 5 mikes till reboarding." Lazarus answered back on the comm as he began to get a tense sensation as he felt another presence.

"People shit themselves when they die, Lazarus. Unless you like the smell of shit, I suggest that you leave. Five minutes. No more, no less or I'm coming after you.", With that, Esmeralda cut off the channel, exited the bridge, and took up her assault rifle and pistol.

She was going after him. In the worst case scenario, Lazarus's pride would get him killed.

Esmeralda quickly exited the freighter and headed to Lazarus's present location.

Ven Volontany had her own reasons for wanting to kill so-and-so, a few thousand of them in fact all having to do with money. The fact that she liked the work and it was fun was a side benifit to being a assassin and bounty hunter. However, someone had gotten to her first. The scene had been beautiful, the ripped wings, the sadistic choice that her bloody footprints made it look like she had been given. Fortunantly, he had left enough for her to claim her bounty too. She decided to track down this killer who's work had so touched her. As she followed him from the shadows, she remembered that following a killer was never a good idea. Especial one as violent and beautifully sadistic as this one appeared to be or Ven.

Lazarus slowed his speed walk to a slow walk as he look for further signs of his follower. He looked over his shoulder and saw a shadow move.
"Ok, I know you're back there. I suggest you leave, unless you have a very good reason to follow me. Most people who follow me tend to not come back." Lazarus said stopping, while slowly reaching for his handcannons.

Ven already had a throwing knife in her hand and she knew that from this distance, him getting a accurate shot off before she reached him was slight. Ven was much faster then she looked. "Is that so?" She asked, moving closer and into the light. "I'm not one of the mice in the second catagory, so I must therefore be in the first. You killed my bounty, saving me the trouble. There was also a certain, style about it that made me curious. What kind of man produces such beautiful art like this?" She asked.

When Esmeralda encountered the confronting duo from the side, she immediately made her presence known. Taking a deep breath, she opened her mouth to address both of the hellbent assassins in a steel tone.

"There will be no more bloodshed.", she said authoritatively. "Lazarus, we are leaving this station immediately.", she ordered before turning her attention to the Separa'Shan.

"This individual is a highly-dangerous and volatile asset of Psychopomp LLC. You are putting yourself in danger, civilian."

Sacre looked disappointed about the no more bloodshed part. Sacre looked Esmeralda over, gauging her as a potental threat for a moment. She knew about Psycopomp, and though she had not worked with them, their reputation proceeded them. "Ooh, Danger? You know what is also dangerous? Interupping a private conversation, baka!" Sacre's hand moved faster then the eye could see, a knife she hadn't even been holding in her hand was suddenly flying across hallway straight at Esmeralda.

Lazarus saw the knife and reacted, using his speed enhancements to block it with his arm. It was a blur of motion that ended with the sound of something sharp burrying it's self in flesh.

"Not fast enough. Nice attempt though, but I can't let you kill her. Though how about you play with me instead?" Lazarus said as jerked the blade from his arm with a slight splattering of blood. He turned himself around to face the newcomer, while pulling out his favored weapon.

"You seem like a worthy playmate." he continued as he extended the heat scythe and activated it with another blur of motion as a sick smile came across his face.

Esmeralda instinctively raised her hands over her head when the knife came flying towards her, but fortunately Lazarus had protected her. As she looked at Lazarus, she saw the same look in his eyes she had seen the first time they had discussed. He was bloodthirsty past the point of no return.

For a moment, she thought of intervening by simply shooting Ven. However, that would not satisfy Lazarus's bloodlust. Despite his arm injury, she was quite confident in her charge's ability to come out on top in this fight without her assistance.

Making her movements slow and measured to the gaze of the encroaching Separa'Shan woman, Esmeralda holstered her pistol and her assault rifle, before stepping back from the psychotic duo.

"Make it quick, Lazarus..."

Ven was not one to run from a fight, although a calculated retreat was never out of the question. There had been a lot of thoughts flashing through her head when Lazarus caught the knife with his arm. He was fast, but not fast enough to catch the knife. She didn't like the odds, two trained killers on one were not odds she would want to bet on. Especially with that look in his eye. However, there were several things in her favor. Esmeralda appeared to be for the moment secure that Lazarus's victory. That allowed her to potentally have two one on one fights rather then a single one on two. They were also close enough for Sacre's knives to be effective. The corridor also favored her fighting style.

Ven looked into Lazarus's eyes and felt the same bloodlust. She had been primed for a fight with her target, it was hard to deny that the spilled blood had turned her on. She also knew that he wasn't going to just let her walk away from this. A smile of her own formed to match his. Her power blade flicked on.

For a long moment the two of them just stood there, taking the measure of the other. They shifted around as they could, manuvering subtly for advantage. It seemed like an eternity, but was perhaps just a few seconds. Then they moved, Sacre throwing two daggers at Lazerus with more force and speed then accuracy. She was immediately behind them, launching her mass at him and ready to block or trust with Vera.

Lazarus spun his scythe like a baton easily deflecting the two knives, before turning around as the female separa sailed past then lunge at him. Her getting in extreme range would be an advantage for him with his synthetic muscle enhancements. His next move would be risky however to get the upper hand, as it would require taking injury to get her close. As she neared with knife pointed towards him, he dropped his guard completely on purpose.

Ven followed through with the knife, slicing downwards towards him. The energy of the power blade crackled as it made it's way towards Laxarus's heart. Her other hand had yet anouther knife in it, attacking from two vectors at the same time. Simultaneously, she twisted her tail away from the scythe and in to wrap him into coils of her tail of almost pure muscle.

Lazarus dropped his scythe before grabbing both of the unintentionally offered hands, redirecting the power blade, but taking the other in the lower abdomen while he yankd her close. His strength causing her to slam into him.

Ven wanted to be closer, slamming into him, she grabbed onto his wrists with her own hands and pulled them downwards as her tail enveloped Lazarus in it's suprisingly strong grasp. However, despite the crushing force she was applying, she could still feel him resisting her. Any normal person would be crushed by it. However, that didn't stop her mouth from unhinging and clamping down on Lazarus's head.

Lazarus's hands had been moved down near his .455 Boom hand cannons giving him a chance. He slid his hands around his hip slightly in his bound state even as he resisted giving him some movement, but not much. He wasn't able to unholster, but he didn't need to, as he simple tilted them at an angle where he would be plugging rounds into flesh and slipped his fingers into the trigger guards and began to rapidly depress the triggers as his augmented strenght made the recoil negligible. He quickly unloaded all twelve rounds collectively within a few seconds.

When Lazarus let go of her hands, Ven let go as well, her hands moving for her knives. She pulled yet anouther knife, this one a soft tan of a desert combat knife and stabbed it deeply into Lazarus twice. Breathing through her nose, she filled her lungs with oxygen, but not her mouth where she held Lazarus's head, depriving him of the oxygen he needed. She convulsed in pain as the bullets penetrated her body. All twelve of them hit home, ripping bloody holes through her body. However, because of the speed of firing and the difficulty of negotiating an angle they mostly went through the same area.

Ven felt her already fast heartbeat quicken as the blood spilled onto the floor. The pain did not bother her, however, she needed to end this, quickly. She opened her mouth and let go of Lazarus, lifting her combat knife to his throat. "I'm leaving." She said to Esmeralda.

Ven let go of Lazarus and turned to leave, a bit of her tail caressed his face. "but perhaps we will see each outher again, under better cirmstances." Then she dissappeared into the darkness and around a corner.

Lazarus watched as Ven left before scratching his head absently, "Well damn, talk about such a tease. We were getting along so well." He looked down at his wounds and shrugged, even as he slouched slightly. Eureka hit him at that moment as he saw the blood on the floor then had he had his eyes, which were now slightly wide like someone who knew they were expecting something big coming, following the blood trail that she had left.

"I think she could be useful." was all he said before stowing his scythe and followed the trail as fast as his wounds would allow.

Esmeralda lowered her assault rifle and looked between Ven and Lazarus as the former began to leave. "If you want her, go grab your pet and lets go.", she ordered, tossing Lazarus her Psychopomp business card. "I'm going to go start the ship up."

With that, Esmeralda turned the corner and headed back to the docking port, where the freighter was waiting.

Ven moved quickly, prefering not to be followed. The huge holes in her musles were gloriously painful. She was going to be remembering this fight for a long time. As she moved, the took her medical kit out of her bag and ducked into a short side alley and started to quickly bind her wounds. It wouldn't do to go far with all of the blood pouring out of her. To her relief, the wounds were not as bad as she was worried they were.

Lazarus followed the trail at an awkward run as he was still feeling his wounds, as they were weakening, but not life threatening for now. He turned a few corners, his armor-toed boots thudding against the deck as he looked for the woman who had definitely left an impression on him. Lazarus finally reached a long hallway that had a couple smaller of smaller ones branching off. The blood trail lead to one of these, and he could hear russeling, as she seemed to have stopped for some reason.

"Come on out, why gotta be such a tease. To give exquisite pain then leave, naughty naughty you, and here I was hoping to get you better. No one has been able to hurt me like you did, and it has stolen my black heart. Well if I had one at all, but I digress, as I have come to offer you something." Lazarus said taking a relaxed pace towards the side corridor the russeling was emminating from.

Ven put away the medical kit and her hand went to Vera as she heard Lazarus's voice. She smiled at his discription of himself. She turned towards him with a smile. "What might that be my fairest?" She asked, her heart pounding.

"Why a place amongst individuals like ourselves, or similar at the least, where we are paid and rewarded for our very past times. PsychoPomp is always looking for new members to actually give that name a fitting meaning. Plus to be honest it's boring and lonely with usual rabble I'm get stuck with. They pay the travel expenses, and we paint each new landscape red with it's inhabitants own blood. What do you say, willing to join in my merry slaughter? We will be lions among mortal men, who do not realize they are only sheep for the offering." Lazarus said producing the business card held between his index and middle fingers as he offered it to her.

Ven took the card. She did need to get back on her feet. She could feel her heart beat faster in excitement. His words were strong and in their own way erotic. Getting paid to travel with Lazarus who had a certain style about him that she loved. The promise of getting paid to spill blood and inflict sweet pain was alluring. She gave him a sick twisted grin of her own. "Sounds like fun."

She looked down at his wounds, "You know, you should get those bandaged up. Lucky for you I have some bandages and thread for stiches." She suggested, reaching into her medkit.

"Hmm....I guess, I was kinda enjoying it to be honest. Like I said not often do I receive such ecstasy. Though if we are to remain undetected for now, it would be wise to do so. I assume you know how to do this? I have never bothered with learning healing when I could be killing." Lazarus said with a shrug as he put a couple of his fingers to the opening of one of said wounds. He rubbed the blood they came away with using his thumb, finding it strange to see his own blood for once.

Ven looked up into Lazarus's eyes, "Don't worry, I won't be gentle." She promised as she poured out the disinfectant and began to wipe the wounds clean of blood and gore so she could see what she was doing. "I mostly learned by bandaging myself up. Knowing the limits of the body and how to push them just right helps to prolong things. It's a shame when you have someone trussed up and then you accidently push them too far and their dead before you could really get into the fun stuff."

Lazarus shuddered slightly and gasped as the pain felt good, "The Elysian girl was pitiful, but entertaining to the end as she still clung on to the sad idea of living. I falsely geave her a chance to run, and she gave a last sad attempt to strike me down. Only to collapse with nothing left, but to wait for the inevitable. Her last expression as I tore heart out through her back was art in it's purest form."

Ven nodded, listening to Lazarus. She took out her thread and needle and started to stitch the wounds closed. "It was, although I might have let her hang on for a while longer. Perhaps use the lash on the cauterized stumps of where her wings used to be to draw some more screams out of her." Ven suggested.

"Sadly I left my lash at home. I plan to take my time with my main target when I finally find him. Father used to be strong, slaughtering many; young, old, men, and women. He left the corpses of whole settlements to rot, children and all. But now he is weak, and I hate him for my existence, and I will make sure he pays. I am his better, and he will watch on his knees as I take everything from him." Lazarus said with a smile as he dreamed of the day he would take the man's head as trophy.

Ven was starting to like him more. He was going places, delightful dark dangerous places. There was someone he needed to kill, just like her. "I never leave home without mine, and some other toys, just in case. There is someone out there who I want to kill. Him and all of his damned backups. Erase him from existance. But not of course before I have my way with him and his corpse. I plan to save his mind state, just so I can resleave him into a new body and start the whole cycle over. Then when I get bored, I'll delete him once and for all."

"At least you do not share the bastard's face as I do with my target. I am his clone. He was made by PsychoPomp to be the perfect soldier, and for a while he was perfect, but had to go fuck up. Then they made me three years ago, a better more lethal version, and yet they let that mistake live. I will not take everything from him at once, as it will be done one thing at a time. I would be happy to help you find your person if you wish to help me torture mine." Lazarus said with disgust as he spoke of "father", the man he was created from who was now on 188604.

"We can change that you know, we can take his face and make it into something else." Ven suggested as she finished patching up his wounds. She ran her fingers along her stichwork, pleased with her work. "I'm finished." She said, slightly reluctantly.

"Yes, but then again, I want him to know his death when he sees it like a person in prayer reckonizes their pending apocalypse." Lazarus said running a hand down his face. As she finished he pointed his thumb back the way he had come, "There is still more play to come, and blood to spill, so we should head back to our ship."

Ven nodded, slithering alongside him as they made their way back to the ship. It felt almost like she was floating on a cloud from happyness. She finally had someone who understood her dark desires and appreciated them like she did.

"Esmeralda, we have a new member to this cadre, and a very useful one at that. Shall we be on our way, or do you want a full debrief." Lazarus said as they entered the bridge, giving a wicked smile when he said debrief.

"We're leaving", Esmeralda said sternly as she took a seat in the pilot's chair. "Keep your psycho girlfriend away from me.", she added.

"Aww, you don't want to kiss and make up?" Ven asked, checking out the beautiful young woman, she enjoyed the thought of making out with her. "I know I want to."

"Lazarus, take the helm while I entertain your girlfriend.", she said. With that, Esmeralda walked up to the snake woman and looked up at her tall and thin figure somewhat awkwardly.

The short woman, stood up on the tips of her toes and kissed the Separa'Shan on the cheek.

"All better now darling?", she asked in a sweet tone.

Ven bent down to recieve her kiss, and then returned the favor with her own kiss on Esmeralda's cheek. "Much better," She whispered in a satisfied tone, caressing Esmeralda gently with her tail. She wanted more now, but contented herself with just this. One couldn't move too fast. Not without wreaking a bloody trail across the ship, which while it was a pleasent thought was not going to be helpful to her longer term objectives. This sounded like a job Ven was going to enjoy.

"Well that was quite the turn around, first you don't like her and now you two are making out? I am not sure whether to be checking my handler for a head wound, or to feel left out. Plotting course for 188604, and let's just hope the prey there resist better." Lazarus said taking the pilot's chair feeling somewhat awkward with feeling confused for the first time.

The ship undocked from the station and pulled away before speeding away to enter FTL. Death was on it's way to 188604, and the things that would set much in motion. The three would bring insanity and chaos to the developing planet.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back