• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Senate: Defeated [DEFEATED] Armistice with the Mishhuvurthyar

Re: Armistice with the Mishhuvurthyar

Having had firsthand contact with the creature which was behind the whole Mishhuvurthyar invasion, I do not see how the War Council of these Umbral will ever consent to these terms.

This document is meant to convey to a grouping of ancient alien hiveminds whom...
  • scorn our individuality;
  • pay little heed to values such as duty, honor, compassion and fairness;
  • view us as a plague of all-consuming vermin that sweeps across space without heed;
  • see no political credibility in us since the 1st IRC;
  • whom now disregard Melisson's Doctrine of Retribution in favor of a Doctrine of Annihilation - to exterminate pretty much all individually-minded humanoid sentient in the Kikyô sector.

...that they should heed the dictates of lower creatures part of the 'humanoid blight' to cease killing them, so to allow them a reprieve that will allow them to expand unchecked into the universe. At best they'll take note of us as cattle which have just enough intelligence to babble meaninglessly in some language or other, while at worst they'll consider us as dangerous parasites.

While I appreciate the spirit of extending such an olive branch, I don't see that happening. The best message to deliver to the NMX at this point in time is from the business end of a weapon. There was a chance of peace with Melisson and the SMX a few years ago, but we blew it by not agreeing to Melisson's fake-surrender and jumping at the chance to arrest her when she was visiting under truce.

But now that most of them have been turned into Neo Mishhuvurthyar, they're more like war machines all indoctrinated to live to fight. Unless we'd chose to rely on a spokesperson like Melisson (I hope not) whom we have already politically backstabbed during the 1st IRC... there's no one to sympathize with anymore that would help stop that juggernaut and having depleted forces is hardly going to discourage them from fighting on until they cannot.

~ Ketsurui Kotori-Hime
Diplomatic Aide to the Imperial Premier

We are not asking them to surrender.

We are not asking for them to disarm.

We are simply asking to mutually end this war.

At some point they will see that the longer they oppose us, the closer they come to total annihilation. How much loss will they endure? It is not a question of whether they will lose but rather how devastating will it be...that is up to them; this armistice is our mercy and their salvation. Either there will come a time where their reason will overcome their prejudice, and they will accept the armistice, or they will die.

Hisshou

~~ Taisho Ketsurui Yui

Sister —

I don't count myself as a warmonger, but this is dishonest of us. They rape and murder our people, they refuse to surrender, they want us wiped out of the galaxy. They deserve obliteration.

No mercy for the damned.

Ketsurui Yuumi
Imperial Premier to the Empress Himiko-sama

Esteemed leaders of the Yamataian Star Empire.

While I realize that the Gartagen Union holds no political power in your organization I do feel obligated to lend my voice in these trying times. It is true that my people are new to interstellar stage. But it is also true the Gartagen race and the Yamataian peoples are casual allies. Now many have wondered why we have joined your side in this war against the NMX. I my self wondered this and was wholly against sacrificing the lives of my nation’s bravest in an effort to gain political favor.

After events on my home world, meeting the Yamataian people first hand, and seeing the destruction the NMX have brought down on this part of the Galaxy I can only say that I have to agree with Ketsurui Yuumi and Ketsurui Kotori-Hime on the matter. Destruction of the NMX is the only feasible solution.

We came late to the stage, but your people have been raped and slaughtered, as well as that of many other worlds who were defenseless against the on slaughter. My people responded as a result of a simple epiphany; if Yamatai falls so will we.

I hold no vote on the matter. But I will state a promise to Yamatai. As your ally and friend The Gartagen Union will fully support any conclusion made on this matter.

~ Lutina Saabtin Vishta

Shia (Empress) of the Gartagen Union

First, this is a rather one-sided agreement to begin with which makes few concessions to the Mishhu compared to those of Yamatai...not that they deserve the concessions, I merely state that we should not take them for the fools or the desperate beings they would have to be to accept this. If they accepted this agreement, I would immediately be on guard, because I would consider an agreement on their part as a likely effort to accomplish an unexpected attack.

Secondly, this is a war of xenocide for which they feel no remorse or regret. There is no decency, there is no ethical concern, there is no politically binding motivation or regard toward us. While I hope for peace one day, it will not come as long as the leadership and indoctrination of the Mishhu stand. It is truly us or them. The fact that we rehabilitate the captured if possible is all the mercy we can afford to grant.

For this reason, I find this document to be nothing more than presenting a vulnerability to the enemy for them to expose at their leisure. As long as they regard us as inferior and wish to cleanse the universe of our kind, there can be no peace so long as we both exist.

Kage Yaichiro-Taisa
CO, Third Squadron of First Expeditionary Fleet

I dismiss the notion that the Mishhuvurthyar are incapable of reason; I know this not to be the case because I deal with them constantly in battle. I find it immoral that some of those present here think it is not even worthwhile to offer them a way out of the war so both sides can cut their losses. Bear in mid the consequences of this decision. The lives that will be lost unnecessarily. The resources we will waste chasing their remnants to the ends of the galaxy. The sacrifice of the prospect of a peaceful YE 35. If the people of Yamatai have no desire for peace, then they shall have their continued war.

~~Ketsurui Yui

Your dismissal flies in the face of the Battle of Yamatai, those dead from this war and your own officers' frontline assessments.

But at least you haven't lost your flair for the dramatic.

There will be no peace until the NMX are dead, dear sister. Do what you do best, and that peace will touch Yamatai's soul again.

Ketsurui Yuumi
Imperial Premier to the Empress Himiko-sama

RPG-D RPGfix
Back