• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia

This looks really good!

Before i stamp it: what earns a Nepleslian the right to vote? Does this extend to naturalized Yamataians, nekos or other non Nep races that call Nepleslia their home?

Long live Nepleslia! Hooah!

This is a marvelous write-up which promotes the freedom which Nepleslia has represented.

As soon as I read the name, I was hit by with an impression of Nepleslia very similar to that of South American/African military junta calling themselves a democratic republic of the people.

Kim: Added voting stuff under Article A of the Premier's section.

Doshii: Fixed the spelling errors. Also, that was just a reference to A Clockwork Orange, and has been removed.

Heh, the Emperor wasn't even consulted.

*nudge to Wes*

Somehow I think that was part of the point...

Robert Davis has expressed before that he did not think of himself as an Emperor, nor did he wish to become one. At least, that'd the vibe that Tom himself released from the character. Although it's not mentioned, it is most likely that Davis assisted in writing up this new government system in the first place.

We've consulted Tom himself about this, and he's given his approval.

Hm... There are a lot of rights for Nepleslians, but not so many (none, actually) for Geshrin, Freespacers, and other possible legal citizens of Nepleslia. Plus, maybe you should add clone rights? 24% of the population is supposedly clone, so that's a lot of people being trod down upon. I also would like to know if ordinary citizens (those not declared ICly as a senator) could request ammendments to this Constitution? Or would I have to get one of my local senators to bring it up? Another thing, what does it take to be considered a Nepleslian citizen?

By Nepleslian, I mean those dwelling in Nepleslia in general. In other words, Geshrin, naturalized Yamataians and elves, etc.

Also, Freespacers are not part of the Nepleslian government, and probably never will be, considering the fact that they hate us immensely.

As far as introducing amendments, the process starts waaaay down at the bottom, in the Planetary state's legislative bodies. If enough people like it, it may boil up to the Senate itself. If you have an idea, you can run it by us, but we actually will be voting on that kind of thing, so passage isn't guaranteed.

Ah, I see. That explains a lot. Thank you. Wait, I thought the Freespacers were allies of Nepleslia. :shock: At least, last I heard, they were allowed into Nepleslian plots. I have no real amendment ideas as of right now, but I might come up with something. ^_^

Oh, they are allowed into our plots, and they're our allies as far as "We literally shower them with tech for some reason", but they hate us because we have a solid government.

Also, Freespacers are not part of the Nepleslian government, and probably never will be, considering the fact that they hate us immensely.

Then why all the sharing of technology?

Actually I am wondering where all the roleplay is behind this relationship....

Could you be so kind as to link me?

Right, I haven't seen any other arguments against this so I'm marking it for approval for IC Usage. =)

Davis and Katsuko SHOULD work out a new treaty with Yamatai, since... he's right there. ^_~

RPG-D RPGfix
Back