• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Derelicts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ty nodded "Shes been gone for about 5 years and honestly its not like her to not make a peep like this. So I worry that shes been captured." Looking around the ship and twords the children playing causes Ty to chuckle. "If you don't mind, I Might need some help Exiting the armor im in when you find time. also if you have a replacement rifle." Ty would take the old looking container off his back. "I need to replace the ol girl, shes served me threw many of battles but with no new parts and ammo being harder and harder to make i find it time to retire this old weapon system."

("Sir, all preparations complete.") One of the yeoman reported, looking up from one of the consoles. Olaf sighed as systems began powering up and crew took up battle stations-he himself sat in the command chair. ("Alright-all hands prepare for immediate acceleration; 450 g's.") Aboard the Nepleslian cruiser and their fighters their picked up a sudden, albeit faint spike in power, followed by a sudden burst of infrared as the blocky Skimmer came rocketing out at Olaf's bellow of ("NOW!")-between its two fusion plants it could maintain a steady acceleration of 50gs, reaching a maximum speed of 0.4c at full burn, while normal speeds were 0.25c-while not fast enough to outrun fighters, it could still outrun most vessels of a similar weight class

The vessel in question was putting out nearly seven times it's standard acceleration rate thanks to its powerful supercharger-more than enough to ensure that either vessel had little if any time to react. ("Fire!") The knight-captain roared; the five inch, or 120 millimeter naval autocannon could fire a variety of rounds-shape-charge, flak, cluster, and haywire to name a few at a rate of around 3 rounds a second at 2100 feet per second with a standard solid propellant charge. The use of a light-gas charge doubled this, and with the charge tripled further the acceleration, combined with the sensor confusing chaff munitions which detonated/dispersed their payload-a combination of the metal foil and flares to further confuse the sensors as they opened up at random ranges; the timers had been set at random; likely a few would likely end up splattering against the two vessels hulls-or pass them. The Skimmer moved with a grace that belied its appearance as the crew twisted and dodged the vessel around debris. ("How long until we've cleared the field?") Olaf inquired as he adjusted himself-his back twinged as he shifted; likely the internal dampeners were going out-either that or he hadn't braced properly.

("90 seconds; then we can open a 'hole and get the hell outta of here.") The knight-captain nodded and watched monitor as the two vessels were rapidly fading into the distance. Now all they had to do was worry about those fighters-hopefully the amount of chaff in the area would further confuse them.

Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back