• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Dhanel Ghiles

Flaser

Inactive Member
Dhanel (Dan) Ghiles

I wanted to create something different. While I enjoy a good action-adventure what would really captivate me is an adventure about a persons self discovery and reflections of society as a whole.

Dan is a good vessel for this. He has absolutely no military training or knowledge so by necessity his story will be about people and interaction instead adrenaline fueled action. He's the wide-eyed, by imperial standards something of a naive "new guy", but with strong opinions of his own and sufficient experience so he can contest and debate what he sees and won't have to be played as the "idiotly inexperienced hero".

Keep in mind the BIO still needs some flashing out (skills and equipment), but I would really apreciate comments as to what would be appropriate for that.

Welcome to Star Army, Flaser. I'm Doshii Jun, one of the character reviewers for the site.

I can't review the bio until it's fully complete. Skills are an important part of that.

I will, however point out two things: One a technicality, the other a concern.

1. Unless you drew the art you're using to represent Dan, it needs to be removed immediately. Only original content (as created by you, or a commissioned artist) is allowed here at Star Army.

2. You've created an independent, something we haven't seen in a while. Especially among new players, it's discouraged — part of the essence of the SARP is investing yourself into a plot filled with certain players, and being an independent robs you of that experience. You might be able to manage to wiggle into plots as a temporary part, but you'll be imposing upon other GMs to let you in on a temporary basis.

Some might be OK with that. Some might not. This is only a warning; if you're determined to go for it, you can.

I'm not adverse to you having your own ship, though any other time I would. Your character's not overpowered, and your stated intentions focus on things other than dominating other characters. For those reasons I'm OK with you having a ship. But please consider what I said — independents rarely last long.

Added skills to the Bio and expanded his cybernetization.
The skills still need some fleshing out (adding, some character to them), but as a baseline for debate should suffice.

On another note: I made an Independent character, so he can be "written into" a story. His background is more of a motivation and conflict source. I believe he will at some point loose his ship, and be forced to join one of the factions of SASR.

I'm going to approve your character because I see nothing wrong with it. I'm not as familiar on Freespacer biology and culture, but your character seems plausible enough.

However, it's up to you to actually convince a GM to let you into a plot, and I'll be watching to see if that happens. Good luck.

This character is approved for IC usage. As it is an independent, filing for orders is not required.

Welcome to the Star Army Role-Play.

I may actually have use for an independent-type in my upcoming plot, the SS Atuan for origin Industries.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back