• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Discussion about "Investigations and Revelations"

Vesper

Inactive Member
I have created this thread so this discussion does not occur within the RP thread. The thread in question can be found here:
https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5190

=====

I will be extremely blunt here Tomoe. Everything I have written is supported by both cannon events and OOC discussion.

-Firstly, the comments you make are in relation to something like ¼-1/5 (if not less) of the 4,000 something words I put into that post, so I fail to see how you can in way void it.

Also Tomoe, you are basing your entire response on the first few paragraphs of my post. You really need to read the rest of it. Not only is it respectful of someone to read the entirety of what they wrote before trying to tear into it (think about what people sometimes do to tech, reading the first bit and just tearing into it. It is simple courtesy not to do that), but that beginning has only very limited importance compared to the rest. Having no knowledge of the rest of the post not only makes much of your reasons baseless in the overall scheme of things, it makes you look like a impulsive reactionary and that is not what we need here. We need reasoned discussion. Because of Velor's actions in your previous post, we are standing at the brink of civil war. I need your response to Esajt's questions, as they will determine how far this will go.

-It is long-standing fact that the Occhestan House, which is in effect the OCG (since it is parliamentary democracy and not a form of hereditary monarchy like the other houses), develops the tech for the planet. So it would follow that they would have developed and then built such critical, world-spanning infrastructure. In any event, the computing systems that the Matrirachy IC considers "state of the artâ€

I, personally, would make an effort to work on my caste, but, like you, I'm running on very little concrete IC informtion based on the race.

There is no geographical information, so having and maintaining caste territory is near imposible, nor is there any decent extrapolations on the racial density, so we're forced to guess how many are in each caste.

Not to mention there's next to no real information on the technology (aside from the GM fait stuff that keeps poping up everywhere) or of even the known types of animals and plants. (which is Tyler's job...)

All in all, I logically CAN'T do anything without information, and there's NO information for me to do anything with.

BUT, even with that said. The LSDF is really something I cannot get behind. Even with the limited information made for this race, it's been extablished that the Fynnuen are the warriors IE. Soldiers, of the Lorath people. Your post stated that 80% of the LSDF are members of the Occetan house, whom are primarily scientists, engineers, adminastrative (AKA. White collor) staff and inventors.

I fail to think that 80% of the LSDF is made of beuracratic pencil pushers. I can understand them having something along the lines of SAINT, a special opperative initive, but a standing military force, that is BETTER EQUIPPED then the real military, is beyond a farce to me.

I concur with Chris here.

On the topic of the LSDF, it was formed originally from OSF, COSI, and SRB personnel since the OCG already had a developed space program and system-wide police force. This is because most of the early space assets where created by the OCG and when pirate activity started up they were the ones who had to deal with it since they had the facilities there. Because of this the OSF branched out into a space-faring patrol, the majority of which was assimilated into the LSDF when it was created.

The disparity continued as the LSDF went through its rapid growth because in space travel technical ability is in many ways more important than raw physical ability or combat prowess. Because it was the OCG personnel with the space-side experience much of the officer corps was originally drawn from their number. Even though the Fyunnen are excellent soldiers the vast, vast majority of them did not have the skill set needed for space-side service at the time the LSDF was formed. This disparity was on its way down but you must realize that it takes time, allot of time to train soldiers in all of the rigors and tasks they will need to know to function in the harsh environment of space. A new officer in the US Navy goes through a 6 month orientation cruise before even receiving his "officer of the watchâ€

Alright, first off... we never did have power armors which were submitted and approved, so your M279B2 never even had a predecessor as you keep making it seem.

Second, the LSDF is comprised heavily of Fyunnen and Occhestains, the Lamanel is in the minority (40% Fyunnen, 40% Occhestian, 20% Lamanel.)

Third, you know what? I don't care about your claim of your OCG having the superior computer, and honestly, your hypertuning computer never was submitted as a separate technological device and was never acknowledged as such. Along with this, you underestimate the matriarchy, and that is frankly irritating that you would take it upon yourself to designate the IC knowledge of an entirely separate group from your own.

Fourth, pirates? WHAT PIRATES?! I explained this a thousand freaking times, what freaking thieves do the Lorath have when their society is modeled around a superior lifestyle for the whole instead of the individual? It goes against Lorath society and psychology to practice theft against their own people.

The fact of the matter is this, don't work against the plot, work with it. I'm tired of you trying to dominate the scene so heavily, and I'm tired of you not communicating with your GMs properly. Help the whole, or deal with the slow pace. We're moving as fast as our surrounding plot elements allow, and as fast as the contribution forum allows.

Now, to spoil the fun for you kids, we have a plot coming up, and you people need to get in touch with Tiff and I as we have stated in a prior thread before you go about your meager little half attempts at a shake-up plot. Now let us know when you're available to play out a setting altering scene, or get prepared to be left behind as Mishhu chow.

Alright, thanks.

Added note: yes, we were working on a map, but we realized this; we lack a worthwhile artist to develop a map that would be suitable and would not be complained at heavily by our playerbase. (Chris, this means you)

I've talked with three of affected folks here.

General conclusion: you all work together poorly, by choice or by circumstance.

Regardless, no one's having any goddamn fun, and that's what you're all here for.

So you should either come together to have fun, or break apart and have fun seperately. At least not without so much reliance between yourselves.

To say you can't get out of it is silly, and you know it. Sometimes, it helps just to reboot the brain.

I'm going to have to chime in here.

I've read through it, while I can honestly see both of your arguements, and understand your grievences.

Ethier way however, I'm going to have to say that I believe that most of Jeff's latest post is still valid and must still hold weight; for he is just responding IC to IC events that Tomoe was part of, it only makes sence, actions have concequences, even unforseen ones.

Both of your actions have set the stage, let the play continue.

I don't see how the post is legitimate. It has technology which isn't approved, makes assumptions which do not fit the race, etc.

I side with Tomoe here, his argument, regardless of other points produced, holds up like solid iron.

I just realized -- none of this would've happened if the barriers between player and GM had been retained. Too many hands in the pot, yo.

DocTomoe said:
Fourth, pirates? WHAT PIRATES?! I explained this a thousand freaking times, what freaking thieves do the Lorath have when their society is modeled around a superior lifestyle for the whole instead of the individual? It goes against Lorath society and psychology to practice theft against their own people.

Uh... that's what makes them criminals. ;)

What was the conclusion?

I have revised the post. Removed note about planetary defenses under OCG control. Changed notes about banking systems so it is also not under sole control of the OCG.

This should have fixed the technical issues that were of most concern in the conference. However, the actions and orders of Esajt will remain, even if they where overly harsh. People react like people, they have emotions and non-logical thought that directs there actions. Just like Velor's original orders (before they where countermanded by Destiney).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back