• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Disseminating Intelligence and Discussion

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
-
RP Location
-
Welcome to the DID, OOC hub for SAINT RP! With veteran SAINT player @Rizzo starting up his own plot, (check it out here!), me running my open RPs, and @raz with a large backlog of SAINTly activities I thought it best to all come together in one place to be able to go over future plans and chew the fat about old war stories.

In the works is an Active Assets Report for YE 46, polling people for what sort of open RP they'd be interested in, and a way to tour Black Sands in RP.

Currently I have ongoing RP with @Zanven Brax and @Miko where we are looking into *checks notes* Oh that's a literal ghost story with the curio squad okay. I am also RPing my analyst alongside @Sunny D's operative on the YSS Resurgence, but that's not something that can fit in here, just something fun to check out if you're looking for more black panel reading!

This is also a good place to ask about making new SAINT characters or plotlines or floating how you want to use them in your plot.

I was wondering if there was a good way to integrate Saint intel to like ship captains for their missions. For example, say my captain of the Wakaba wanted the latest intel on the new advance type mishhu before his ship gets send out to fight them. I guess I could just say, he read some reports from intelligence, but I think it would be more fun to actually RP him receiving an information packet or even an intelligence analyst comes in person to give information and to answer questions. Maybe even they ask to be filled in if the Wakaba runs into more advanced types. Is that something you guys would be interested in doing?

it would be more fun to actually RP him receiving an information packet or even an intelligence analyst comes in person to give information and to answer questions.
For years, SAINT NPCs played by whoever the manager is at the time have been made available to whomever asks for a JP. Just gotta shoot @Ametheliana a message; she had an analyst from HQ call in to the Koun to answer questions on request of their players, for example.

But you can also have a ship’s own intelligence analyst provide information. If the player is willing, it falls under their IC job to provide whatever information their GM finds reasonable.

As you said, though, it’s often easiest in the course of RP for a GM to briefly mention intel reports and then get to the meat of a plot.

an intelligence analyst comes in person to give information and to answer questions. Maybe even they ask to be filled in if the Wakaba runs into more advanced types. Is that something you guys would be interested in doing?
I would love to RP this with you, man! When you have more information or if you want to brainstorm, let me know. I can come in to your mission RP to add in information during a briefing or directly talk to Wakaba commanding officers in a JP or SP with only you. Let me know which you prefer/your plans in forum DMs so there's a place for me to keep track of what you need, but that sounds fun for me and useful for you, so I'm down.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back