• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Do you have a suggestion for the motto of Star Army Engineering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Star Army Engineering is a newer organization in the Star Army of Yamatai and I'm working on making an emblem for it. As I was doing this I realized we don't have a motto for it either. For example the motto of Star Army Logistics us "Nothing happens until something moves." I was wondering if you guys have some ideas. If you have a suggestion, post it below! I will be looking at votes on the answers to see what is the most popular.

Note: It should be short enough to fit on an emblem:

fetch.php

"Don't call us if you haven't performed user-level maintenance and corrective actions as specified in the manual."

The Silly
"Can we build it? Yes, we can!" ~ the ancient construction mantra of Bobbius the Builderus​
"It's not always as easy as Tab A in Slot B" - ancient proverb attributed to Ikeaus of Scandinavia​

The Serious
We build, we break, we mend, we make.​
七転び八起き (nana korobi ya oki) English Translation: “Fall seven times, get up eight.” - Stolen from wikipedia, a Japanese proverb that might suit​
On our shoulders, stand giants​
No problem too large​

Last edited:
Work It Harder, Make It Better, Do It Faster, Makes Us Stronger

I dunno, I can mostly only thing of silly stuff they might put on morale patches knowing the few engineers and architects that I do:

"If they did it right the first time they wouldn't need us would they."
"No, Taicho, what you need is a Plumber."
"Leave it to us!"
"Done by days end."
"Mothers of invention"
"Everything's a nail."

I really like Miyako's because bridges are often evoked when speaking about engineering, not just as far as the structure of a bridge goes but because engineers bridge the gap between theory/ideas/dreams and reality/execution.

My meme suggestion is "Every Mistake a Miracle," though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back