• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Does SARP's known galaxy have any Globular Clusters?

The Setting Map is hardly large enough for a galaxy. In fact...it wouldn't even comprise a single arm of the Milky Way Galaxy.

If you had to describe our setting, it would probably be a 1/1000th of a 1/1000th of a galaxy. Probably even smaller than that.

Well, I guess you're right. At first glance, the space map projects it like a galaxy, but I suppose that it is somehow 'too small' to be a galaxy.

Yeah, the space map (240 LY diameter with less than 200 stars) is very small in terms of light-years compared to a galaxy.
Wikipedia said:
The stellar disk of the Milky Way Galaxy is approximately 100,000 light-years (9.5×1017 km) in diameter, and is considered to be, on average, about 1,000 ly (9.5×1015 km) thick.[1] It is estimated to contain at least 200 billion stars[11] and possibly up to 400 billion stars

Then what about the second part to my question? Even if we don't colonize anything beyond the star map, couldn't you still explore it to some degree? I'm sure probes, and exploratory craft have been sent out there already to start with.

Or maybe even in an inversion something from outside might send a small exploratory expedition or probe (probably of the Von Neumann type) into the sector? Though such a thing might be best left for now as there is already one alien NPC race to deal with.

Really? Huh....and here I had thought that they had been encountered during Yamatai's expansion considering the distribution of their home worlds. The wiki doesn't have much information pertaining to First Contact with them.

If memory serves, they are 'beings from another dimension, or something like that. That could be easily explained by them being from off the face of the map. :p

Mishhuvurthyar are actually a PNUgen experiment at making a more powerful body than Nekovalkyrja that went horribly awry then was corrupted by some evil people and all of a sudden massive war and genocide oh gosh kill me now before they rape me.

Well that explains the lack of information on a first contact. From what it sounds like the Battle of Nepleslia was pretty much it. But now I know! And Knowing is Half the Battle!

But still now my mind is running rampant with fun speculative fodder containing mysterious probes of totally alien construction, "ghost ships" that are encountered, scan, and then jump back out of explored space, maybe the ruins of an outpost or space station that has been abandoned for possibly millions of years.

I need to stop reading this section of the forum, you all are giving me too many ideas.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back