Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Donations Options Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
The donation levels on the forum (a.k.a. Account Upgrades) are now expanded! In addition to the $10 tier, you can choose from other monthly levels or one-time donations.

Note that Star Army still has no paygated features. The donation options are for supporting the site.

All future donations to Star Army should go through the forums instead of the old donations page, unless you need a special option (then PM me for assistance). This helps me keep track of donators much more easily (since I have your forum username attached to it) and also automatically updates your forum usergroups to show a "Site Supporter" banner. If you still have a subscription through the old page, it will still work but I encourage you to use the forum system from now on.

Also, I'm getting rid of the old plot usergroups we used to have on the forums. If a group doesn't serve a specific function on the forum (e.g. permissions) I'm going to remove it. Now that we can invite many people to a conversation, it's no longer necessary to use usergroups as mailing lists. You'll also notice that some usergroups will now have colored bars that appear under someone's avatar.

Yeah, you guys now have fridging rainbows under your names. Are we participating in a Skittles commercial... because I'm almost smelling the rainbow. x_x

Acknowledgment is nice for contribution/function, but I think those go too far. The original more subdued color used before felt a lot more in tone with the visual language of this forum.

Well I am sure that the colors could be altered, perhaps putting similar items in the same color, eg, Character Approver and Setting and Technology.

I made them different colors so they would be easily identifiable at a glance. Like we could tell new players "the people with orange banners are the ones who can approve your new gun submission."

The blue and green (GM and FM) ones are carried over from the old forum's color scheme. Few users will have a rainbow as big as Nashoba's, because he basically does everything.

That's it, people. We now have official confirmation from Wes. At SARP, we follow the rainbow.

I cannot say I don't find it an irritating change. While the colors might've worked in the "Who's online" section, they weren't nearly in-your-face-neon/fluo as they are right now, on posts from this forum's two most prolific posters. The banners themselves being there - while feeling a bit like information overkill (one was fine, two okay, beyond starts looking ridiculous) - don't bother me. It's how flashy they are.

I toned them down a little by removing the general "staff" banner, making the admin one clear instead of red, and making supporter gray so they all have black text. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back