• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Don't Tell Yui

Z

Zack

ON> Nath Tower, sometime after the party.

"HEY GUTSTRIPE!" Uso called out, "Do wasps get hangovers? How are you feeling after the drinking?"

Uso barely gave the wasp time to respond. She had helped Gut-Stripe get back to a bedroom somewhere in the tower... so far there were a lot of unused rooms, many of which could easily be taken over for one reason or another.

"Check this out! Your Usomas present finally came in!" Without wasting any further time, Uso would toss a long skinny tube covered in wrapping paper down on the bed infront of the I'ee.

Gut-Stripe was slumped on the bed with her face buried in the pillow, barely conscious and suffering from a very waspy headache. At the sound of Uso's voice, her claws clenched, wriggling feebly on the bed, which felt like it was quicksand to her tired limbs. "Uso. Go away," the I'ee replied. "Do not interrupt nap time."

"But... not even a little? Come on you gotta check this out first!" Uso said, sounding positively giddy with excitement.

"Uso, I will strike you down," Gutty replied, fumbling for her blade which Arccos had gifted her some time ago. It lay beside her on the bed, albeit too far for her to reach. "Leave me be."

"Fine fiiiiiiine.... " Uso said, "Don't hurt yourself. We'll all be downstairs recovering a bit from last night. Be sure to drink some water when you're done nappin..." She would leave the gift on the bed, and then back out of the room, leaving the I'ee to her nap time.

The I'ee grumbled as Uso left, burying her face snugly into the pillow again. She slept for a few hours more before finally rousing herself enough to examine Uso's gift. Using her jaws, Gutty tore the wrapping paper away to see what was inside.

Under the wrapping paper was a cardboard tube... but under THAT was something special, a Rapier with a Zesuaium blade. The material itself was impossibly thin, tapering to a point that was too small to see with the naked eye. It was easily strong enough to cut through just about anything, and had a fluffy red handle just below the thick metal handguard which the I'ee's appendages could easily grip. The whole thing barely seemed to weight anything at all.

Gut-Stripe immediately perked up when she noticed what her gift was, chattering excitedly as she held the blade aloft. With almost no weight, it was far easier for the I'ee to wield than her usual blades, though it took some getting used to. To help herself get acquainted with it, Gutty tested her new blade out on her pillow, stabbing and slashing at it with the Zesuaium blade. Once the pillow was no longer identifiable as such, Gutty, overwhelmed with glee, dashed out from the room, rapier in hand, and headed downstairs with an elated squee.

Uso was downstairs at the Nath Tower bar, a few of the other regulars still milling about after last night. Some were still drinking, attempting to stave off the hang over, while others had accepting their punishment for drinking with open arms, opting for some fizzy pills inside of glasses of water.

"BAH! CALM DOWN GUTTY!" Uso said, backing up and standing on her chair, holding out her arms a bit to try and slow the I'ee charging at her with a sword, "YOU CAN SLEEP AS MUCH AS YOU WANT! I PROMISE I'LL STOP BOTHERING YOU!"

The I'ee was not at all dissuaded by Uso's pleas for mercy, dashing forward and aiming a slash at the support legs of Uso's chair. "Usoooooo!" Gutty roared, or tried to at least.

There was only the least bit of resistance, like cutting through butter, causing the chair to crumple downwards as Uso jumped backwards, landing on a small table, "GUT STRIPE!" she shouted back!

"Usooooo!" Gut-Stripe yelled again, hopping up and down with her new blade held aloft. "I. Love. This. Sword!!!"

"..." Uso steadied herself on the table, then laughed. "Glad you like it. The material that is made out of is super-hard to get ahold of and probably illegal in most places so you might not want to show it to any of the catgirls... but I also know how much you love stabbing things!"

"It does not weigh anything at all!" the I'ee blurted, like an excited child, flapping her wings. "I feel like I could cut you into tiny pieces without any effort! I feel like I could do it while poisoned by your 'alcohol'!"

"Yeah, the sword is really just a paper thin piece of super-material. There is barely anything there at all. The only real weight is the hand grip... Just so you know, the number of people that can work that stuff who also accept civilian work can be counted on one hand." Uso half bragged, half 'continued to try not getting stabbed'.

"Interesting." the I'ee mused, examining the blade in her grasp before looking back up at Uso. "Thank you for giving this to me, Uso. It... feels good."

"Come on and have some water too... I'm sure with your body weight your hangover must be killer...."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back