• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Druidess Dream Zero Zero 00-0018-2475

If that's the case, my apologies -- I've admittedly never seen the name before. "Della" sounds more female to my American ears, so I took a guess.

"Della" sounds female in Italian, but everyone calls me like that in real life too anyway. Yeah, I'm a guy. :D

*laughs* I originally wrote "she" in my question, but at the last minute I realized that I never actually heard if Della was a girl or not (of course it was my first notion too), so I switched to a more gender-neutral reference.

Now I'm glad I did ^_^;

I think the American (maybe European, too) instinct is that anything ending in a vowel like I or A is a female (Ys and Os being possible exceptions). I can't remember why this is.

As for the "how did you know" things...I didn't think to look at the Contact Info thread, so...okay : )

First lesson of talking to players playing females: Always assume it's a guy!

Plus, when and were can i start playing

Actually, if you want to jump into a little roleplay right at this moment, I might have an opening for you in Fay's little mini-plot within a plot, the NSS Banning. Although you are wanting in on my Cirrus Station plot, I'm afraid it won't be coming until after Nepleslia is done with the current story arc...but in the meantime, you can enjoy a little interaction with a few of the Nepleslian players. I'm sure they'd love the company.

I really wouldn't qualify a race that grinds up its own people for resources as an "utopia". :p

Anyway, welcome to SARP, Della.

Considering how terrible we all are at judging gender over the Internet, you guys are all brains floating in jars to me until further notice.

Except Jake. I've met him. He's a floating brain with a receding hairline. ^_^

MoonMan said:
First lesson of talking to players playing females: Always assume it's a guy!

Moonie, I believe that's the first rule of the internet, period.

Also, if Dream joins the Banning (heading to the Alliance, eventually to be transferred to Cirrus Station), Tweak will have someone to listen to other than marines wishing for something to hit on : )

Yangfan said:
I really wouldn't qualify a race that grinds up its own people for resources as an "utopia". :p

It's an utopia because it actually WORKS :D

MoonMan said:
Actually, if you want to jump into a little roleplay right at this moment, I might have an opening for you in Fay's little mini-plot within a plot, the NSS Banning. Although you are wanting in on my Cirrus Station plot, I'm afraid it won't be coming until after Nepleslia is done with the current story arc...but in the meantime, you can enjoy a little interaction with a few of the Nepleslian players. I'm sure they'd love the company.

I'd love to. Can I just jump in in an appropriate way, or should I wait for a cue and someone to introduce me?

(unrelated note: 90% of all common male Italian names ends in O. I can remember of only two that end in A: "Luca" and "Andrea")

The Banning already left the docks, but if you post that Dream made it onto the Banning last-second behind the bunch of marines and is currently searching for an open room it should work out. I've discovered that continuity can be manipulated by referring to things in the past tense that a character missed the opportunity to do in the present.

Um...You'll just have to trust me that that phrase makes sense. Either that or I'm more tired than I thought.

And, yeah, just jump in when you see an opening.

MissingNo said:
The Banning already left the docks, but if you post that Dream made it onto the Banning last-second behind the bunch of marines and is currently searching for an open room it should work out. I've discovered that continuity can be manipulated by referring to things in the past tense that a character missed the opportunity to do in the present.

Um...You'll just have to trust me that that phrase makes sense. Either that or I'm more tired than I thought.

And, yeah, just jump in when you see an opening.

I was kinda having an idea.

You see, as a Freespacer, Dream needs a very controlled environment to live in (radiations, especially). Now, freespacers are beginning to work together with Neps and others, right?

Long story short, I wanted to try and design (and, later submit for approval in the "New Technologies and Setting Elements" forum) a very small Freespacer personal shuttle, FTL-capable and equipped with all the technology necessary to sustain a Freespacer away from his or her ships for an extended period of time. So that Freespacers leaving their ships can carry with them a small bubble of Freespacer-friendly environment. It can dock to other ships and double-up as a small, extra crew quarter. A valid alternative to Voidwalker suits.

I don't know if Jessica likes this idea. If she does, I can start working on it right away.

For now, though, I'll just join up without bringing up this issue. If this submission is denied, I'll just suppose that she's carrying along everything she needs to survive on a "hostile" (for her) environment, including a Voidwalker suit.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back