• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Economic Collapse Pt.3

R

Rizzo

Howard Station
Depression, Day 2
0200 hours

In the wake of economic collapse an appearance of civility had swept over Osman City as every man and woman with the courage to organize or instigate anything more than a peaceful protest disappeared to the Silent Hell that had become Howard Station. Instigators in their families now resided it apartment rooms that had been locked from the outside to ensure their influence couldn't spread.

Known only as Dissidents, former employees of the Frontier Service Corporation had formed a sizable militia of nearly 5,000 personnel. These disgruntled workers had armed themselves with Impulse powered armor and graviton projecting construction equipment and had seized control of facilities throughout the station. Although currently lying dormant the cells of Dissidents had begun organizing themselves as they prepared for what they were calling a hostile takeover.

The Na-T4B shuttle White Lightning arrived in a fairly small hanger guarded by 2 U-1 variable mecha locked in mecha mode by the armor package they wore. Eight members of the Frontier Defense Service kitted with tactical gear and powered suits with the exo-frame accessory stood guard along with two heavy troopers in Impulse powered armor.

One of the eight light troopers stood with her helmet removed, her silver FDS patch differentiating herself from the green and red patched Troopers in her squad. Her short gray hair flowed in the breeze created by the shuttle as it touched down. The older woman would be the first person the crew of ISS Araxie would meet.

Alex had, while on the ride back to 188604, picked out a few pieces of equipment for himself in case things got hectic. He had grabbed a standard energy pistol II for self defense, and was preparing himself for the upcoming trip. Alex stepped off the shuttle and found himself face to face with the woman. "Errr..." he began, "Hello there. I'm Sky Warden Tasuki. I assume that you were sent here to meet me?" He finished, awkwardly.

"I'm Linda Burrell, Defense Service," the gray-haired woman introduced herself, "the boss is waiting for you in the Big Cat." She motioned to the Limousine version of the Big Cat hover car waiting by the interior bay doors flanked by two Cupcake tankettes and armored cars.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back