• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
RP Date
YE 45.9
RP Location
Keren III, Elysian Naval Arsenal
Keren III
Elysian Naval Arsenal
Docking Bay Forty-Seven

The cavernous compartment - surprisingly well-kept for something related to the long-defunct Elysian Celestial Navy thanks to the fact that it was funded by the Star Army instead of the notoriously unreliable Elysian Senate - was a bustling nest of activity despite it being decidedly a mere five hours past midnight, with Caelisolans (clad in a mixture of Elysian and Yamataian uniforms) frantically rushing to and fro as they lifted, carried, dragged, pushed, and pulled (and in one instance, threw) boxes into and out of the vaguely avian-shaped starship that occupied much of the aforementioned room’s space.

Despite all of chaos, however, there was a singular point of calm: a brown-haired, cream-skinned, and white-winged Patrician clad in an immaculate ECN uniform who - like an eagle in the eye of an abandoned hurricane - stood almost motionless, datapad in hand at the foot of the ramp that led into the belly of the beast named the ECS Panopteles. His name was Ramiel Aemilia, and he was as nervous as he was excited - though he knew better then to let his features show it - since the Panopteles, while not his first command, was the first command he’d had since the incident two years prior. Regardless, he patiently waited for the rest of his crew to show up - particularly his executive officer, a Chui only listed by their initials of K. K. - as the aforementioned chaos continued unabated around him.

Keren III
Elysian Naval Arsenal
Docking Bay Forty-Seven

A shorter than average Elysian had been frantically dodging and weaving through the mess of logistics personnel in between herself and her destination! Balancing around an assortment of several comically sized bags of science equipment marked with fragile symbols and a suitcase pulled along with one of her hands, she finally arrived to relative safety next to the cargo ramp to the ECS Panopletes. Emiko had just navigated through what had been a rather chaotic morning. Having missed her wake up alarm which she had set at an unreasonably early time in the morning, almost missing her transport shuttle to the Elysian Naval Arsenal, and having spent a total of 3 whole hours panicking and roaming the massive installation unsuccessfully to pick up some lost science equipment that had been requisitioned for the missions ahead, the tiny plebeian Shoi finally got a chance to catch her breath. Only to have it promptly taken right back out of her lungs by the sight of the vessel next to her, the one meant to be her home for the times ahead... Granted, the ECS Panopletes wasn't... the prettiest ship around, but it had some undeniable charm!

Emiko shook her head as she snapped out of the sudden trance- before her panic immediately returned. The tiny-winged Elysian had thought she was late, and had assumed she was going to arrive with the rest of the crew already assembled, but to her utter shock, she couldn't see anyone nearby! Her mind began to immediately theorize... had they already boarded and left without her?? She stood in place as she frantically scanned the rest of the docking bay, missing the Patrician Captian who was standing pretty close by behind her.

A pair of raven-black winged Caelisolans made their way towards the docked ship, Icarus and his younger sister Alexia strode purposefully through the bustling crowds towards their newest posting. The siblings had plenty of experience between them serving on vessels great and small, for Icarus, this would be his return to the navy as an enlisted man having forsaken his previous life as an officer when the pressures and responsibilities overwhelmed his sense of self. Alexia having stayed in now outranked him, a welcome change for the both of them and to the young elysian a chance to prove her worth and skills now out from under Icarus’ shadow.

Icarus spotted their captain from a mile off, the distinction and class was unmistakable even dressed in a uniform, and he had to hold himself back from greeting him as an equal. “Sir, Shoi Asellio, Icarus reporting. I have the honour of being one of your pilots for the coming mission and hope to continue working under you in those that follow.” The raven winged elysian gave a salute with his formal greeting, dropping his 2 bags of necessities, uniforms and such beside him.

Alexia meanwhile had noticed someone with a large amount of luggage looking particularly lost amongst the throng of others and made her way over, assumedly they would be part of the crew and possibly quite fresh out of training though looks had been deceiving in the past. “Hey there, Alexia Asellio here and I have a feeling we’re gonna be shipmates.” The raven sister gave a small smile that seemed to hide her piercing gaze as she looked over Emiko. “So, you must be in the science division, either that or you’re a medic coming up with your own new methods.”

Last edited:
Keren III
Elysian Naval Arsenal
Docking Bay Forty-Seven

Taharial walked through the docking bay, her red wings dyed recently to make sure she looked on top form as she wondered to the group that was gathered, after being outside the Yamataian empire, she was a little relieved to be back. She stretched as she looked at the scene before her and laughed as she saluted "Ittô Hei Chasen, medical staff, here for all your medical needs." She had her hair in a ponytail as she looked at the others "I would assume I will be doing the mandatory check up when we are on the ship, for all crewmembers." She didn't seem too worried or phased as she looked at the ship.

Samandriel came a bit later to the party as he was sorting out his uniform and tidying his wings as he tried to make sure he was presentable for when he got to the group "Oh hi, I am here, I hope I am not late..." He looked over the others and then realised "oh wait." He saluted "Santô Hei Zarall, ready for duty, sir." He was a little embarrassed now as he tried to hide it and waited for his orders, his purple wings fluttered a little as he stood there.

Keren III
Elysian Naval Arsenal
Docking Bay Forty-Seven

Emiko snapped out of her own self imposed paranoia as she was addressed by one of the newly arrived raven siblings. Her head snapped towards the incoming Caelisolan, attempting to salute her out of instinct, however the several bags she was carrying did not allow her too much freedom... The green haired Elysian tried her best however, resulting in a rather shakey salute as she carefully attempted to balance the bags weighing her arms down. The strange mask covering her mouth lit up a light blue, flashing in unison with the Plebeians words as she spoke in response to her fellow Shoi.

"Apologies!- I mean, Greetings." She corrected herself as she looked up to Alexia, before lowering her hand. Her voice seemed to come from the device mounted on her face, and it didnt seem natural. It sounded monotone and synthetic, as if you had overengineered a text to speech programm, there was simply something odd about it. The bland and disinterested voice completely contrasted her nervous bodylanguage as she continued. "Amaterasu, Emiko. I was assigned as one of two.. Science Officers-" The Elysian cut herself off as she heard another voice from behind, then another.. and another, as several of her future crewmates reported into the captian. The Elysian jumped at the sight of the Patrician standing behind them, before saluting once again towards him, the feathers on her tiny wings evidently ruffled at what she thought was a rather embarrassing mistake- she hadnt noticed him...

"Shoi Amaterasu, reporting for duty sir!" She said in a slightly more elevated tone, her panicked demeanor betraying her synthetic, calm voice.

image_2023-12-31_001851623.png

Last edited:
Keren III
Elysian Naval Arsenal
Docking Bay Forty-Seven

Benhisel Lightbringer strode through the docking bay like the Patrician he was. He stood head and shoulders above most of the other crew members with long golden hair tied into a crown braid on the top of his head. He was thin with a narrow face. It was perhaps an unusual choice for hairstyle, but one that he made work as almost a halo. His white wings were immaculate as his ECN uniform. Benhisel approached Captain Aemilia and gave him a sharp salute. "Duplicari Benhisel Lightbringer, reporting for duty."

Behind Benhisel scurried a much shorter Plebian in an enlisted ECN uniform with the bags. Teshiel was short where Benhisel was tall, stout where Benhisel was thin, and dark where Benhisel was light. The two were so deferent as to perhaps make one wonder for a moment if they were even the same species. However, from the way the two moved with Benhisel in the lead and Teshiel following that there was little doubt they were together and who was in charge. "Semeai Teshiel Kisnarna, reporting for duty." He said quietly.

Keren III
Elysian Naval Arsenal
Docking Bay Forty-Seven

Ramiel, clad in a glossy white (and spotless, of course) kharmei, did his very best to scuttle the mixture of shock and amusement that threatened to blossom across his features as not one, not two, but seven members of the crew seemingly appeared out of nowhere; after waiting patiently for his subordinates to finish their introductions and salutes, he acknowledged them with one of his own - and finally began to speak in an elegant (yet commanding) baritone obviously honed by many years spent among the Elysian Celestial Empire’s ruling class. “Welcome to the ECS Panopteles, everyone. I’m Lokhagi Ramiel Aemilia, and-“

“And I am Chui Konichi Kiyo, reporting for duty onboard the ECS Panopteles” said a very feminine, very small, and very Yamataian-sounding voice from behind the crowd of assembled crew members, its speaker soon revealed to be the last thing Ramiel (and probably everyone else) had expected to see: a brown-haired, cream-skinned, and (for those close enough to observe such things) a violet-eyed Mini-Nekovalkyrja clad in an impeccable white-paneled Type 35 Duty Uniform.

“…Right,” continued Ramiel, clearly thrown off balance for a moment or two as his merely organic mind scrambled to process the fact that his executive officer was a Yamataian - and an unusually-sized one at that. “Anyways, welcome aboard, everyone; after placing your luggage in your quarters - the details of which are listed next to the door of each cabin - please convene in the wardroom for refreshments. Miss Ki-pardon, Konichi, please stay behind for a moment, as there’s some things we need to discuss.”

ECS Panopteles
Wardroom

Those who successfully navigated the ship’s brightly-lit and metal-floored hallways - not a challenge given that the Panopteles wasn’t exactly a big ship to begin with - to the ship’s surprisingly spacious wardroom after depositing their gear in their quarters would find the three four-man booths and the briefing table covered with Elysian beverages and refreshments such as wine, coffee, pizza, pasta, lasagna, and gelato - plus some non-Elysian foodstuffs like cookies and cake.

The carpeted and well-lit room, however, also contained a boss in the form of an imposing Patrician named Puriel, who - in addition to his grey hair and white-colored eagle-style wings - sported a scowl whose intensity promised divine retribution onto anyone who criticized (or refused to partake in) his cooking.

Docking Bay Forty-Seven

Once the last of the crew had ventured into the depths of the Panopteles, Ramiel turned his attention to Kiyo - who despite her vastly smaller size returned his stare with an equally intense one of her own - and let more then a hint of steel creep into his tone and features. “Are you absolutely sure you have the right ship, Sub-lieutenant? This ship was, to the best of my knowledge, meant to have a crew composed entirely of Elysians.”

Kiyo fixed the Patrician with a glare that, if weaponized, could’ve easily sliced a Share-class Battleship in half. “I’m completely certain, sir” - there was more then a hint of steel in her tone, too - “and believe me, I was not thrilled when I learned that I had been assigned to this career-ending museum relic. Would you like to see the three hundred and thirty-seven transfer requests I’ve filed since being informed of my transfer to this poorly-engineered hulk of Elysian idiocy?”

With a considerable amount of effort and a mental sigh or three, Ramiel throttled the rather hot retort he’d been on the verge of uttering and instead said, “No, I would not, Sub-lieutenant. Do you know why you were assigned to the Panopteles?”

“To ensure that no unfortunate engineering accidents occur,” was Kiyo’s immediate response, “and before you ask, no, you can’t simply replace me with another officer. I already attempted that argument - to no avail, obviously - with Personnel Command.”

“Well that settles that, then,” replied Ramiel, a hint of dejection in his voice as he realized that the voyage ahead of him was going to be long one indeed if he couldn’t get Kiyo to change her behavior. “We’ll discuss your attitude at a later point, Sub-lieutenant, as there’s no point in exchanging blows when we’re about to depart. For now, report to the wardroom.”

“Yes, sir,” said the mini-nekovalkyrja; after snapping a quick - and perfectly precise - salute, she floated up the ship’s ramp and into the power armor bay.

With a shake of the head - though extremely young, the Patrician already felt like he was getting too old for such things - Ramiel followed behind, half-heartedly wondering what he’d done to annoy God into forcing such an… aggravating individual onto him.

ECS Panopteles
Wardroom

After having left her bag of luggage back at her assigned cabin, and leaving the bags of required science equipment inside its designated storage compartment, Emiko arrived at the Wardroom as instructed! The Elysian had considered simply heading to a far away table and remaining there for awhile, until the appealing smell of the rather large selection of food and beverages drew her to the main briefing table, like a moth to a delightful lightbulb... The mute was evidently hungry, but seemed to refrain, to attempt to eat some of the food on the table, even if it had been provided to them. Perhaps it was the watchful eye of the Patrician cook who had presumably concocted the feast, or paranoia which was preventing her from the food, her nerves wanting to leave a positive impression on the rest of the crew. While she wasn't too afraid of the other Star Army Elysian's and knew how to interact with them, she hadn't interacted much with ECN personnel too much in the past.

Emiko simply awkwardly stood next to the briefing table as other people slowly trickled into the wardroom.

Next in were the raven siblings, Icarus showing his years of service at Blacksands and the ECV Raven strode in with perfect form and a tidy appearance. Having deposited his belongings quickly and quietly the ship operator had wasted no time in arriving at the wardroom. Seeing the spread laid out the tall man walked over to pour himself a small glass of his favourite wine with a polite nod towards the cook. Nothing worse than upsetting the one who prepares the food for the next few months.

Behind him came Alexia, while she hadn’t been serving as an officer nearly as long as her brother she tried to keep a high personal standard. Immediately upon entering the room Alexia’s features lit up at the sight of food and drink. Of course her slight stiff of a brother chose to look as classy as possible. The raven sister cast a glance over the tables and settled on a coffee and a small serving of her favourite, vanilla gelato. As though he’d just slapped her across the face, Alexia heard Icarus’ voice in her mind, scolding her for “lack of thanks to those who provide leads to lack of provisions.”

Alexia turned at gave a thumbs up to the cook while simultaneously downing the coffee in her other hand. Seeing the same person had beat her to the wardroom as well as the docks she switched into intel mode and strode over to Emiko. “Hey there again, wasn’t expecting to be shoved on board so quickly. Emiko right? Not eating I see?”

ECS Panopteles
Wardroom

Emiko glanced at Alexia as she was addressed, twiddling her thumbs idly. Her gaze was diverted back to the lovely selection of treats laid out for the crew, reasoning that if the raven winged Elysian had casually taken some coffee from it, it would be fine if she just took a cookie or two. . . "Yes, I was. . .going to" Came the green Elysians synthetic and monotone response as she took a seat down at the table. Her hands reached for the mask device that allowed her to speak, gripping it at the ends. With one gentle 'click', the mask came off, revealing two little implants which the device attached to and more importantly, the Elysians mouth. She glanced at the chef, who was presumably still watching over his kitchen.. giving him a courteous nod, her equivalent of the ancient human practice known as 'thanking the bus driver'. Emiko slid her hand and grabbed a cookie from the selection of food provided on the table, nibbling on it quietly.

ECS Panopteles
Wardroom

Three Caelisolan ladies walked into a bar and collectively said “Ouch” - or would have, had the wardroom’s doors not parted with a fwshh.

The first, Gratiana Di Pasqua, had cream-colored skin and pink-hued hair that was short with bangs. Her eyes were the color of gold, her angelic wings the color of the rising sun, and her rather flat-chested figure - clad in an orange-paneled Type 42 Uniform and somewhat short at 5’5” - was slender yet athletic. “So anyways, have you seen the latest episode of The Young and the Flightless? The new guy, Secundinus, is so incredibly freaking hot, and he-

The second, Faustina Nardi, had chalk-white skin, jet black hair that was neatly tied up into a pair of pigtails, and frosty blue eyes. Her angelic wings matched her hair in color, and her curvy and voluptuous figure - which measured 6 feet in height and was wearing an ECN uniform - was clearly aggravated, as evidenced by her hunched over shoulders and decidedly sour expression. “Gratiana, I swear, if you do not shut up within the next ten seconds I am going to snap my own neck…

Last but certainly not least was Lucilla Mondadori, who had pale white skin, vibrant red hair that was collected in a ponytail, white-hued angelic wings, brilliant emerald eyes, and a figure that was extremely well endowed, very muscular, and (like Faustina) garbed in an ECN uniform. She was also the tallest of the trio (at 6’5”, taller then many male Caelisolans) and was clearly enjoying Faustina’s discomfort - though that immediately changed once she caught sight of the abundant food scattered throughout the room. “Oh hell YES! Catch ya later, nerds! It’s time for me to FEAST!

As Lucilla made a beeline for the nearest lasagna platter, Faustina and her overly talkative shadow gravitated towards Alexia and Emiko; the former, desperate to foist Gratiana onto someone else, acquired a cup of gelato en route, while the latter acquired several slices of delicious-looking strawberry cake. “Henlo~! The one and only Gratiana Di Pasqua, at your service~! Anyhoos, like, what’s that metal thingie you took off of your mouth? Does it help you breath or s-

Run while you still can.

-Oi, don’t be a meanie, Faustie.

…I’m going to inject you with cyanide if you call me that again.

Meanwhile, Lucilla - having chosen a nice big platter of lasagna to commit unspeakable war crimes upon - settled down next to Icarus. “’ello, nerdboi. Haven’t seen ya onboard mah ship before.

That’s right, we got COLORS now, baby!

Speech by Gratiana Di Pasqua.
Speech by Faustina Nardi.
Speech by Lucilla Mondadori.

Last edited:
ECS Panopteles
Quarters

Teshiel and Benhisel quickly unpacked in their quarters. Benhisel sighed, "I don't like that the Star Army is sending one of their first officers to look after us. The point is for us to show that we can, and always have been capable of doing things on our own without Yamatai looking over our shoulder."

Teshiel nodded as he put the bags away, "Of course. We have a lot of people who are a part of the Star Army."

"Right, but they are at least all Elysians." Benhisel sighed, "Let's get to the ward room and see what happens next."
ECS Panopteles
Wardroom

The pair strolled into the wardroom with Benhisel in the lead. While Benhisel found them seats close to where the Captain would probably be sitting, Teshiel grabbed them two plates of lasagna with cookies on the side.

ECS Panopletes
Med Bay

Taharial being her usual self, went straight to the medical bay over the ward room, she had done it before on most ships she had been on. She knew that the wardroom was going to be field with people asking question and she needed to make sure her med bay was well equipped and everything was where she would know it would be. She looked through the drawers and cupboards as she tutted and sighed "Who stocked this area, it is terrible, everything that is needed is buried behind the useless stuff." She started to change and make sure that everything was where it would be more useful for her.

ECS Panopletes
Wardroom

Samandriel walked into the wardroom, they were a little later as they had wanted to look around the impressive ship first. As they walked in, they saw everyone in there with drinks and food, so decided to get their own, eyeing up what was on offer, before grabbing a slice of cake. He moved over and moved over to sit with Emiko and the others. It was the most busy table, so he might of been able to get to know some people "Hey there all, I hope that I am not intruding on anything." He looked at everyone with a smile then noticed someone was missing "has that medic been and gone or something?"

ECS Panopteles
Wardroom

A mouse - followed shortly thereafter by a cat - were the last two to enter the Panopteles’ wardroom. The mouse in question - a Caelisolan woman named Euanthe Bellicius - had cream-hued skin, cerulean-colored hair, shortish hair that was draped over one of her silver eyes, dove-shaped and cerulean-colored wings, and a figure that was neither too svelte nor too thicc. She was clad in a scarlet-paneled Type 42 Uniform that was tight in all of the right places, out of breath, rather perturbed - as evidenced by her expression, which was that of someone verging on the edge of panic - and made a direct beeline for Lucilla, nearly knocking over Teshiel in the process of doing so. “S-S-Sorry! Euanthe exclaimed in a quiet, almost inaudible voice as she turned to her much taller crewmate and continued, “L-Lu-Lucilla, please, you have to help! H-H-He’s doing it again!

Lucilla - in the middle of conversing with Icarus - let out an exasperated sigh, threw an apologetic look at the latter, and nodded, her annoyance plainly visible on her pale features. “Alrighty-o, nerdette, Mama Lucy is on the case! You’d think he learned his lesson, but nope! What a gorram dummy…

With that, the Caelisolan got up and walked to the wardroom’s door…

…just in time for them to open with that trademark fwshh and admit one (1) cat by the name of Scaevola Gallo. He was clearly a Caelisolan male, with his long blonde hair, ruby eyes, cream-colored skin, white raven-style wings, and dashing (and admittedly very attractive) figure - and he was promptly spent sprawling to the floor with a thud as his form encountered the immovable form of Lucilla Mondadori, who courtesy of her overly-muscled body was significantly heavier then her vastly weaker opponent.

Owowowowow…” groaned the ECN uniform-clad scientist, rubbing the back of his head as he looked up at the mountain he’d collided with. “Oh. Salutations, Lucilla. Fancy meeting you here. I must say, you really should watch wher-

Lucilla cut him off with a glare. “For the final frakkin’ time, Scaevola, stop tryin’ to force Euanthe to hop in bed with ya! I know you’re small and a-

Scaevola sprung to his feet. “Firstly, I’ll have you know I was just asking Miss Euanthe out on a date, and secondly, I am not ‘sma-

Do ya really want me to lock you in a room with Gratiana again?

The engineer’s retort was enough to both shut Scaevola up and cause the color to drain from his features. “Oh, uh, no, that, uhm, won’t be necessary.

Lucilla smiled, though there were approximately negative one traces of humor in said expression. “Good, good. Now that that’s settled, how about ya apologi-

With another fwshh, the wardroom doors parted to admit Ramiel and Kiyo - which caused the rest of Lucilla’s reply to be drowned by an “ATTEN-SHUN!” bellowed in classic drill sergeant fashion by Puriel.

Once everyone had saluted - either in the Elysian fashion or the Yamataian one, depending on which service one was affiliated with - Ramiel said “At ease, everyone”; once Lucilla and Scaevola had stepped out of the way, the Patrician made his way over to the wardroom’s decently-sized central table and beckoned for everyone else to join him.

After the crew of the Panopteles - sans one - had assembled around the aforementioned table, Ramiel cleared his throat and began his speech.

As the commanding officer of the ECS Panopteles, allow me to be the first to welcome you onboard this ship that is likely going to be our home for the several years. I’m Lokhagi Ramiel Aemilia, and despite my sins - I’m sure some of you have heard about my… actions or lack thereof at the Battle of Glimmergold - both the Senate and the Star Army of Yamatai have decided that I am to lead this mission. You all are the best and brightest - according to your personnel files, at least - that the Elysian Celestial Navy and the Star Army of Yamatai have to offer, and I’m glad to have you all on my team.

After pausing for a moment - both to catch his breath and judge the reactions of everyone else - the Lokhagi continued, “Our mission is to thoroughly survey the nine unexplored systems of the Elysian Expanse: Agathe, Iole, Asteu, Thais, Athenais, Xanthe, Euthalia, Eudokia, and Chloris. We will face many challenges and dangers along the way, but we will also discover wonders and mysteries beyond our imagination. We will make history, and we will make a difference."

Ramiel raised his voice and looked at them with confidence.

"This is not just a job, this is an adventure. This is not just a ship, this is our home. This is not just a crew, this is our family. We are the Panopteles, and we are ready to explore the final frontier. Are you with me?"

After the crew’s reactions had died down, the Patrician nodded his head and said, "Very well, then. Let's be about it… but before I dismiss you all, there’s one rather important thing I need to cover: the change in room assignments caused by the arrival of Teshiel, whose presence was not planned for when the room assignments were initially drawn up. The assignments are thus as follows…

Mister Benhisel, you and I will be sharing the Commanding Officer’s quarters, as the Executive Officer’s quarters have been specially modified to accommodate Miss Konichi, whose room assignment remains unchanged.

Kiyo nodded in approval. “Of course, Taisa.

Mister Gallo and Mister Fabia, you’ll be sharing Cabin One, as it’s the only enlisted quarters with a bed big enough for a Patrician to comfortably sleep in.

Scaevola - who’d obviously been hoping to share his quarters with a female member of the crew, like had been commonplace in the Elysian Celestial Navy before the Jehenniel Reforms - replied with a decidedly distraught, “Yes sir…,” his entire form partially slumping in complete and utter defeat.

Puriel merely shrugged. “Better with a Caelisolan then a Neko.

As Kiyo quite visibly bristled in anger - “Excuse me?” - Ramiel shot his fellow Patrician a look that was somewhere between annoyance, disappointment, and anger.

Report to my quarters once we’ve gotten underway, Mister, as we will be discussing this later…” - a pause, as the captain’s features returned to normal - “anyways. Moving on, Miss Mondadori and Mister Nardi, you’ll be sharing Cabin Two.

Hehehe… hope ya don’t mind mah engineering manuals takin’ up half the room, pipsqueak!” said Lucilla with a chuckle.

Faustina responded by simply rolling her eyes. “If your snoring wakes me up, I’ll perform invasive surgery on your throat, soft palate, and uvula. Without any anesthesia.

Hey, mah snorin’ isn’t that bad-hey, waitaminute! We won’t even be in the room at the same time, ya doofu-

Behave yourselves, you two,,” interjected Ramiel with a shake of his head - though his faint smile made it clear that he found the exchange rather humorous. “Miss Amaterasu and Miss Chasan… hm. Mnemosyne?

A distinctive beep echoed through the room.

What is the current location of Taharial Chasan?

“Taharial Chasan is located in the Medical Bay,” replied the Mnemosyne in a sharp - yet simultaneously soft - soprano.

The room’s singular non-Elysian let out a disgusted sigh that was equal parts annoyance and exasperation. “I’ll go fetch her, Taisa. I can’t believe she ignored a dir-

Ramiel raised a hand. “Relax, Number One. Though I requested everyone’s attendance here, I didn’t make it an order. Mnemosyne?

Again, the distinctive beep filled the compartment.

Please inform Miss Chasan that she is assigned to Cabin Three with Miss Amaterasu.

“Of course, sir.”

Mister and Miss Asellio, I’m assigning you two to Cabin Four even though it technically violates the regulation forbidding coed cabin assignments, as the two of you are family and thus very unlikely to perform any… amatory activities with each other. Miss Bellicius and Miss Di Pasqua, you’ll be sharing Cabin Five.

Oh, ehm, I guess tha-” began Euanthe, only to be immediately be drowned by Gratiana’s ear-splitting “YIPPPEEEEEE!” - which was delivered as the red-winged Caelisolan quite literally jumped for joy. “Ohmygosh we’re like gonna have so much fun together doing slumber parties and watching movies and eating popcorn and watching more mov-

The ship’s CO winced. “Please pipe down, Miss Di Pasqua.

Okei……..” responded the Caelisolan in question, a severe pout marring her otherwise pretty features.

Last but certainly not least, Mister Kisnarna, you’ll be sharing Cabin Six with Mister Zarall. As that’s the last of the cabin assignments, you all are dismissed, save for Mister Fabia and Miss Di Pasqua, as I need to review the cargo manifest with the two of you. Lift-off will be in thirty minutes from now.

Medical Bay

A distinctive beep filled the air; a moment later, the pleasing synthetic voice of the ship’s computer said, “Miss Chasan, Lokhagi Aemilia has instructed me to inform you that you are assigned to Cabin Three with Miss Amaterasu. Your complaints regarding Miss Di Pasqua’s medical organizational system have also been noted and logged. Shall I forward them to Miss Di Pasqua?”

Speech by Gratiana Di Pasqua.
Speech by Lucilla Mondadori.
Speech by Puriel Fabia.
Speech by Ramiel Aemilia.
Speech by Scaevola Gallo.
Speech by Euanthe Bellicius.
Speech by Konichi Kiyo.
Speech by Faustina Nardi.
“Speech by Mnemosyne.”

Last edited:
ECS Panopteles
Wardroom

The green haired Plebeian was startled by the one and only Gratiana as she was busy indulging in the art known as... cookie nibbling. She swallowed what she had in her mouth, pausing as the Caelisolan motioned to the mask device she had just taken off of her face. Emiko quickly finished the cookie remaining in her hand, not answering immediately- as she couldnt of course. The Plebeian then picked up the mask from the table and slotted it into place, with a satisfying magnetic 'click' signifying it had properly connected. The front of the mask pulsed a light blue briefly, before its speakers came to life with the mute plebeians message. "It is an accessibility implant, I require it to be able to communicate." Came the rather calm and monotone synthetic voice, contrasting her nervous appearence. She was about to continue on speaking about the device, before the doors opened- and a rather loud attention! from the captian echoed into the wardroom. The Elysian stood up rapidly, saluting in Yamataian fashion...

- - - -

Emiko nodded in acknowledgement of her designated quarters, and her roommate, which was not present. At the very least, she was relieved to have a normal looking Elysian Caelisolan as a roomie, it would have been hell to share a room with a patrician... She quietly preformed a 90 degree turn on her heel as the captain formally dismissed the crew, heading towards the exit of the wardroom to head up to the bridge and man the science station- as she was currently meant to be the science officer on duty. She gave a small nod to Gratiana and Alexia, sort of thanking them for at least making the attempt to interact with her sorry ol' self...

Icarus looked towards his sister who gave a thumbs up in return, ever the outwardly optimistic one. As though they were a practiced team the pair finished their food and drink, stood, and walked out side by side towards the bridge, it was time to get to work and they had no intention of being shown up or dropping the ball.

"So, you made friends with the captain yet, maybe started giving him advise already?" Alexia questioned.

"Alexia, focus."

"Spoilsport, well anyway. Can't see any glaring issues with the couple of people I managed to bump elbows with, stop being so paranoid about this crew."

"Elysia needs this ship to succeed, so that's what we're going to ensure."

No further words were exchanged between the siblings as they entered the bridge, nodding at Emiko who had arrived just before them, before taking their places at the pilot stations and beginning pre-launch checks. As though using telepathy the two worked effectively together with nothing needing to be spoken as they each took care of several duties to ensure they would depart on-time. Among them was the closing and sealing of exterior doors after confirming with the docks there was no further cargo or personnel listed to be brought aboard, priming the engines and atmosphere maneuvering thrusters, and ensuring everything would be ready for the captain to take control of the bridge when he arrived.

"Emiko, we have got to stop meeting like this! Although while you're here, would you mind confirming readouts on life support and atmospheric control look good to you? I know running them is probably engineering's job but I know a smart gal like you can easily read those stats from here." Alexia faced the science officer with a grin as she finished making sure all the moving parts moved and the ones that shouldn't, weren't.

ECS Panopteles
Bridge

Emiko was briefly distracted from the science consoles readings as one of the raven winged siblings yoinked it, the Plebeian glancing over to Alexia, jumping a little on the science consoles seat. Her face went a little pink under her mouth as she was complimented- which seemed out of nowhere to her, before hovering her fingers over the science consoles display and checking on what she was told to. It was a pretty easy task regardless, which she quickly completed, flicking over to the Life Support systems and verifying that they were functioning properly. The Elysian looked back to Alexia, offering her a small nod as her mask lit up.
"All life support systems are within standard parameters." She confirmed, before operating her display along to preform system checks on external sensors to make sure everything was functioning and ready to go for the voyage they were about to begin...

ECS Panopletes
Med Bay

Taharial sighed as she nodded and looked at the direction of the voice as she sighed and shook her head "No no need to say about the medical bay, it was just a comment of what I normally need, I just like it a certain way." She stretched out and yawned a little "thank you for you telling me my cabin, the other thing is, I am used to having to give check ups to make sure crew is fighting fit, if that is needed here, the medical room is ready for people, if you would let them know." She looked over the room and pulled out a small well used notebook "I'll be here if anyone needs me." With this she started jotting down notes and formulas.

ECS Panopteles
Wardroom

Samandriel was a little surprised to hear that the medic just went to the medical bay, but then realised it made sense as it would of been where they work, so would make sense they went there. "Well, Mister Kisnarna, looks like we will be bunking together, I hope that you are okay with that, I don't travel with much, so don't worry if you take up a lot of space, it is your room as much as mine." He finished what he had and stood up with a stretch "ahh, well I am going to dump my stuff, if anyone needs me, I will be in cabin six."

ECS Panopteles
Bridge

The hustle and bustle outside the ship’s bridge - visible through the vast floor-to-ceiling forward window of said bridge - reached a frantic peak, then began to sharply fall off as the number of people within the ship’s already-cramped bridge sharply increased. Though this was of slight annoyance to the ship’s captain, one Ramiel Aemilia, he could understand his crew’s excitement - but, on the other hand, could also understand why Konishi Kiyo, the ship’s executive officer, was getting more and more irritated. Best to get underway before our XO explodes from her pent-up rage.

"Well, then," said the Captain, his expression carefully neutral to conceal his aforementioned concern over Kiyo's mental state (and impending explosion). "Is Dock Control ready for our departure, Mister Asellio?"

Icarus checked a couple of screens and nodded to himself, "Affirmative captain, everything looks good, takeoff route established. Although they've requested a delay, checking with them now."

"...I guess that answers that," was Ramiel's response. "Miss Konishi, please go welcome our guests aboard and find out who they're replacing; while we wait, all stations check in.

Taharial had enjoyed her time relaxed in the medical bay, but knew that she would have to report that medical was ready for departure after the call out. She put down her notebook, stretched and then spoke calmly "Medical here and ready, looking over the list of people on the ship, I think everyone seems clear for their medical check ups. But the medical bay is open and ready to recieve people if anyone feels that they need an check up, or to voice a medical worry."

Emiko's signature synthetic voice piped in from behind her station, the Plebeian manning it raising her glance back towards the Captain! "Science reporting in, all sensors appear ready Captain."

"All tactical systems online." Benhisel reported.

"Pre-flight checks complete and all control units sending good return signals." Came the stoic voice of the raven winged brother.

"Visual confirmation on flight controls is good, engines warming nicely and directional manoeuvering is reading ok.

"Engineering here. We're ready ta rumble, captain!"

"Noted, everyone," said the Patrician with a barely-suppressed chuckle. "Now I suppose we wait until our crewmates have boarded - or been scared off by Chui Konishi."

Power Armor Bay

With a whoosh, a hiss, and a thud, the landing ramp of the ECS Panopteles lowered in front of the two newcomer Patricians - and their escort of Seraphs - to reveal the distinctly tiny and distinctly unhappy form of Konishi Kiyo, who was holding a comically small datapad in her hands. "Identify yourselves," she commanded in a very frosty tone, "explain exactly why you are running so extraordinarily late, and provide a reason as to why I should even bother letting people as tardy as you two currently are onboard."

The Mini-Nekovalkyrja planted her hands on her hips to assert dominance.

"Now."

The half-dozen Seraphs stepped aside with noiseless chatter as the blonde angels behind them saluted. On Konishi's left, the first to speak explained, "Arcturus Mavenbolt, biotechnician. Resources and Logistics notified us only within the hour that we are to depart with you - given the short-term notice, it would not be a surprise to learn your device has only now notified you of our transfer."

The one on her right, a nearly-perfect replication of Arcturus, followed suit. "Gaius Mavenbolt, biotechnician. You will find the services we provide to be beyond essential for running a starship, especially one beyond its typical service life such as the Panopteles." The twins' words were honeyed in delivery, but with the two of them towering over the miniature XO and working together, it almost felt like a threat against her authority. Almost.

The Chui rectified her lack of dominance (or attempted to, at least) by ascending upwards so that she was eye-to-eye with the extremely tall birbs who had the audacity to try and threaten her; before Kiyo could unleash a pint-sized can of whoop-ass hell onto the twins, however, her NanoPad™️ let out an almost cute-sounding bWING! to signify that it'd received new data. With a sigh and a roll of her eyes heavensward, the Mini-Neko checked the aforementioned NanoPad™️; with a grimace, she realized that the two extremely tardy Patricians (and, in Kiyo's mind, their squad of cheerleaders/minions/etc.) were, in fact, part of the ECS Panopteles' crew. For obviously reasons, such a fact greatly displeased the Mini-Nekovalkyrja; orders, however, were orders - regardless of how much Kiyo hated them. "Very well," the Chui finally said in a voice that was equal parts annoyed, defeated, exasperated, and defiant. "You two and your... toadies may board, however, we WILL be discussing your tardiness at a later date, Semeais. Report to Engineering once you're onboard."

With that, the Executive Officer spun on her heel and angrily floated her way back into the Panopteles; once onboard, she said "Mnemosyne," waited for the tone to play, then continued, "Please inform Aemilia-Taii that two newcomers plus six Seraphs will be joining the crew and coming onboard momentarily" as she waited for the Patricians (and their cohort) to actually board the ship.

The Mavenbolt twins weren't keeping the Mini-Nekovalkyria waiting, much to her displeasure at not having another reason to chew them out. Instead, they and theirs marched quietly on board the Panopteles and made short work of their immediate tasks. Two Seraphs took the twins' cargo to the dormitories while the remaining four and their leaders made for the ship's ancient heart, nodding to their XO with the most modest amounts of respect.

The ship would no doubt be ready by the time they'd arrived.

Bridge

(Background Theme: Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Leaving Spacedock)

The distinctive beep of the ship's computer broke the momentary silence that had fallen across the bridge; a moment later, said beep was followed by the synthesized - albeit pleasant - voice of the Mnemosyne. "Lokhagi Aemilia, Chui Konishi has instructed me to inform you that two Patricians and six S20 Seraphs will be joining the crew and coming, correction, have come onboard. Shall I close the Power Armor Bay doors?

"Acknowledged, Mnemosyne, and yes," said Ramiel, who then winced internally as he realized that he'd have to redo the crew's bunk assignments for the third or fourth time and commit the horrific sin forcing Kiyo to share her room with Elysians; after mentally steeling himself for what would likely be a decidedly... explosive reaction from Kiyo, the Patrician continued, "Mister Asellio, I'm guessing Dock Control has finally granted us permission to leave?

Icarus queried the dock controller once more. "Affirmative, cleared for takeoff, route unchanged and clear."

"Splendid. Maneuvering thrusters ahead, Mister Asellio. Take us out."

"All crew, artificial gravity is now being established, prepare for ascent." The pilot said as he engaged the gravity systems, while it wasn't strictly necessary during an atmospheric takeoff Icarus had always found it minimised injuries and damage internally if anything were to happen on their way out.

With skilled precision he gently brought the craft up off their pad and nosed upwards towards the sky, following their designated route to the letter.

Emiko peered into the sky from her science station, placing a hand over her stomach. The Elysian was perhaps a little giddy as her eyes stared at the open sky in front of them. Thankfully, no one could see her dumb old grin due to her cybernetics...

"Doesn't look like anyone's horning in on our path, should be ok to move into escape speed." Icarus said quietly towards the captain while keeping an eye on the exterior proximity readings.

"Noted, Mister," was the aforementioned Lokhagi's response. "Steady as she goes."

The vaguely avian-like shape of the Panopteles soared heavensward, piercing through the occasional cloud or two as it traveled up through the dawnlit sky, which turned blue, then indigo, then black as the starship traveled higher and higher.

After a little over two minutes, the ship finally broke away from the planet's gravitational pull, prompting the CO to say "Bring up the CFS, Mister Asellio. Ahead zero-point-four of lightspeed; once we're clear of the Hill Sphere, set a course for the Athenais system at maximum hyperspeed. Let's see what this Panopteles-class starship can do."

"As you command, Captain." Icarus fired back, following the orders given and taking the ship out away from the planet below with the grace of a seasoned pilot.

"Course set and confirmed, at your order sir."

"Engage," said Ramiel as he settled back in his chair - and with that, the ECS Panopteles set off for the location of its first mission, the rays of the Elysia Novus star peaking out over the edge of the identically-named planet to illuminate the exploration ship from behind as it set off for the first of its many dates with destiny.

(JP by Frost, Liza, Scarlet, Soban, Arbles and Club.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back