• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Eden Saraco

Noah

Inactive Member
This is my first time to join an RPG like this. Please let me know if there are things to change, etc. Also, please let me know if I did it right. I thought that maybe my character might have too many skills (Or even the wrong skills/jobs/occupations), but I'll let you guys be the judge. Also, I sort of figured that the history/background was a bit far-fetched, but I wasn't sure. Please let me know. Thanks.

General Info:

Character Name: Eden Saraco
species: Geshrin
Organization: Star Army of Yamatai
Occupation: Power Armour Pilot, hopes to work in the special services at one point or another.
Current Assignment: None, yet.

Character Appearance: (Link here).

Height: 6"0
Weight: 149 lbs
Build and Skin Color: Lithe, slender body build yet toned; fair skin
Face and Eye Color: Chiseled countenance, slender bone structure - eyes often void of expression, grey in color
Hair Color and Style: Stormy blue/grey, windblown and cut short
Distinguishing Features: Scar on left wrist, one coming across the shoulder bladesand back, and one on the back of neck.

Skill Info:

Communication: Eden is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions.He is fluent in English. He can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc. This Skill gained from being a member of the Star Army.

Fighting and Physical: Eden received hand-to-hand/martial arts combat training by way of loading all the necessary related knowledge into his memory, and then following up with a rigorous training program. He is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons he is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor.

Information Technology: Eden is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. He is proficient in entering and/or searching for information. Skill received as basic training for being in the Star Army.

Mathematics: Eden received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry. Skill attained from being a member of the Star Army.

Rogue: (Pick-pocketing, pick locks, slight of hand, "streetwise," seduction) Eden acquired these skills during his days on the streets for several years, and from being taught by others of this craft.

Vehicles: (Mecha, tanks, cars, trucks, hovercraft.): Eden was able to learn this as a result of being in the Star Army, from an acquaintance or friend. He knows how to drive them pretty well, but nothing more.

Humanities: (sociology, philosophy) Eden had always been one that loved to gain knowledge, and was quite interested in philosophy. In fact, he gained a tutor of the years that shed some light on the the subject, and taught him quite a bit. He has read several books on the subjects, and still tries to continue or further his knowledge in this field.

Background Info:

History: Eden had supposedly been an orphan since he could remember, under the belief his parents died during their service in the Star Army. In truth, he had been Given to his uncle to be cared for due to the fact that they were not fit to raise a child, and Eden found that he was unhappy with the way that his uncle treated him. In fact, the man often lied to him and abused him, changing his view of others and the world around him. His uncle, the entire time (though Eden did not know this) had planned to make the child regret all life and live in anger, hatred, and regret. This way, he would be able to live up to being a ruthless and uncaring spy/assassin, after being trained in the right places. He had planned to sell the boy to the highest bidder, so that the buyer would have a boy with experience in such emotions that they could teach from a young age.

His uncle's attempts fell short, however, and Eden managed to excape his grasp. However, emotional and phsycological scars still melted into his heart and mind, and he couldn't help but think that everyone was the same, that everyone would want to betray and abandon him. He viewed the world in the way that his uncle had wanted him to, living solely on the beliefs that he was raised to know and recognize. And so, shying away from others and keeping away from those that tried to come close to him (both physically and emotionally), he became an outcast, a person that was afraid to give away his emotions, whether they were good or bad. He often found himself afraid to, for many reasons.

He grew to know "streetsmarts" during his life on the streets and with the other orphans/refugees. He became a wanderer, a vagabond. He met a philospher, a man specializing in humanities - and found that this type of knowledge was very interesting to him. He found himself quite drawn to the acts of the human or humanoid creature, and the ways that the mind worked. He would often study nights on end, debating and arguing with this man. However, there was a time when he found that life was not enough. He wanted a goal, a reason to live.

And so, he enlisted in the Star Army of Yamatai. He found that his skills would come of good use, were he to get the correct rank and occupation, and that he would be able to find opportunity there rather than living as a wanderer and an orphan. He thinks that perhaps he still has hope for the future, and knows that the Star Army is most likely the only thing that can keep that hope alive.

Personality: Eden never lets his emotions and feelings get in the way of his duties. Though he can often give into regret, anger, or other intense emotions, they will rarely influence him or the outcome of his goal. He had once strove to be as neutral as possible, but he knows where his loyalties lie now, and he will never be dishonest or disloyal to those that he works under unless he sees it logically fit. He is a smart man, but tends to keep away from others, hiding what he feels under a misterious, indifferent expression and a coldness in his eyes.

He often takes life itself for granted, casting fear aside because of his thoughts that it is a weakness in most cases. He is cold and blunt, and says what he thinks or is the truth, rather than regarding others' feelings first. Underneath is very caring and appreciative, but he has an awefully hard time showing it.

Likes: He is intolerant of those that are close-minded and unopen to new ideas, and hates crowds, preferring the silence as he has time to think. He appreciates those that understand him, and can relate to him.
Dislikes: He dislikes talkative people, crowds, stupidity, close-minded folk, racism.
Goals: He is perhaps driven by the fact that he finds no immediate reason to be alive - he strives to be the best he can be, and do the best that he can, so that someday, he might actually find what he has been waiting for, and will be able to live up to it and its standards, whatever it may be. So in another words, his goal - ironically - is to find a goal worth living for.

I have no problem either way, but Thad thinks that orphans are used to much. Him thinking he's a orphan is an intresting twist.

The orphan thing isn't too bad, since he had the uncle there to care for him and didn't just fend for himself from birth like everyone else. Of course, the history is sort of lengthy, but it's not too detailed or anything. I think the character's upbringing should have an effect on what he's like, but it shouldn't make him something really special. The character will be very interesting to play, because of his childhood. I think the stuff after the childhood should be cut though, because you didn't RP your character as a mercenary. Good job otherwise.

Edit : Posting too fast....That would be different. If you feel like it, you can make him think he's an orphan. It'll be that much more interesting. (Yes, I realize I usually say "interesting" but I can't think of anything else).

Nice work on the history Thad. I agree that the usual problem with orphans is that it seems like an easy way of making sure that you don't have a family to describe or worry about. When it's replaced by an alternate family member it is much better.

Good work Noah.

And succesfully helping to improve histories. It all seems worth it *small tear*

lol, no problem. I have no problem changing/taking out whatever's necessary. I'm eager to begin posting, so it's better to listen to you guys anyway, right? ^_^

I tried to stay away from the usual cliches that everyone's using. I'm actually glad that you told me about the orphan part - I would have hit myself across the head later, meeting all of the orphans out there. Heh - but I appreciate the friendly atmosphere here, and the help. It makes the fear diminish, since I get sort of worried after I first apply. Thanks.

Everything looks fine except for the occupation. Currently, you don't have enough board rank to play special services (although maybe something could be arranged later in the gameplay). I suggest technical sentry or power armor pilot for the time being.

I changed it to power armor pilot, in the hopes that something can be arranged later on, when my board rank's higher (I have fun playing rogues and/or spies, heh). Thanks! Also, do I get an inventory and/or have to post it somewhere else?

An inventory post would go in the Finance forum. Take a look at some of the other guys' to get an idea.

Character approved! I'll get him his orders, soon. He'll more than likely be going to our main plot ship, the Destiny.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back