• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Edgar Dobbson

aref_naa

Inactive Member
Name: Edgar Dobbson

General Information
Species: Nepleslian

Family/Creators:
Seth Dobbson, Nepleslia
Samantha Cole, Nepleslian Government Breeding Stock

Faction: None
Current Assignment: None

Physical Characteristics
Height: 6'2" (1.87m)
Weight: 255 lbs (115 kg, or if you prefer, eighteen stone)

Build and Skin Color: Heavyset, caucasian, medium tone.
Face and Eye Color: Pronounced, but fairly soft. His eyes are a deep amber.
Hair color and Style: Dark brown, pulled back into a queue which runs to mid-back.

Distinguishing Features:

Edgar is actually not very noticeable, from a distance. He's the type that most people tend not to pay much attention to- quiet, reserved, and lonely. The major thing that distinguishes him from others, however, is a medium scar, running from his lips to his left ear across his cheek. It's mostly faded now, but it is still there.

Psychological Characteristics
Personality:

While he may come from a planet known for its corruption, Edgar is stubbornly loyal to his own personal code of honor. It may be occasionally convoluted, but it is the defining force of who he is. He's usually a bit of a loner, taciturn, almost gruff- but if someone wins his trust, he's a true friend. He is a bit vindictive, however- if someone crosses him, or anyone he cares about, he will hold a grudge to the end of his days. He rarely shows emotion, however he feels it more keenly than many men do- he has very loose emotive pull strings. He will generally tend toward fiddling with some project he may be working on rather than seek out companionship, in most cases, however, only if he is in need of something, or if he feels someone else needs his company, will he seek to spend time with others.

Likes: Night, antique technology, the 'simple things' in life, philosophical discussions.
Dislikes: Morning people, elaborate food, dishonest people, overly complex technology.
Goals: To be happy. A simple goal, but one that takes more work than one might bargain for.

History

Edgar had a relatively simple life. He was able to hold his own growing up, both by sheer size, and by stubborn tenacity- he didn't fall in with the truly vile crowds. His childhood was relatively uneventful, marked only by an interest in machinery, and older technology- he had little social life, and the only real passion he had was playing around in his 'workshop'- essentially, a tiny shed in which he tinkered with machinery, and read. When he came of age, he began to work various odd jobs, none of which required any sort of brain function- mostly things to keep his head above water. Unfortunately for him, he fell on hard times- his money was dwindling, and he was entirely unable to find any other sort of gainful employment. He sells everything he owns, then, and decides to try and seek gainful employment somewhere /else/- Neplislia is definitely not where he wants to be.

Skills:

Maintenance/Repair: Edgar became interested in mechanical systems at an early age- and while he's had no formal training, he's got the 'greasy thumb', so to speak- he can generally at least tell what's wrong with most simple mechanical systems, and in many cases, repair them himself.

Engineering: He's far better with systems he's designed, however. Edgar knows quite a bit about true mechanical systems- hydraulics, clockwork, combustion engines, and the like. He's proficient in designing and building simple apparati- nothing really fancy or high-tech, but he likes it.

Fighting and Physical: Edgar has had to fight to survive pretty much his entire life. Again, he's had no formal training, but he can hold his own in a fistfight. He's not in the best physical shape, but he does try- he has a daily exercise regimen. He's been working on some rangework with long arms, when he can, but he's only a mediocre shot.

Knowledge: Contrary to his looks, Edgar has always been rather bookish. He reads as much as he can get his hands on, and has a fairly good memory for it. Not photographic, but nearly. He has always had an interest in history, but his knowledge of current affairs is sadly lacking.

Information Tech: Edgar's something of a power user, as far as computers go. He knows nothing of the internals or networking, but he can make them do things that most people don't think of- retasking applications, cracking into unsecure systems. He's used computers extensively with his design work for his hobbyist engineering.

Vehicles: Edgar has guided rather a large number of vehicles in his time, doing odd jobs on Neplislia. He is able to drive most land vehicles without any trouble, and given a bit of time and playing around, he might just be able to figure out more complex vehicles, such as mecha.

Domestic: This is the one thing Edgar's actually had training in. He's spent his working life to this point doing various domestic jobs- store clerking, cooking, cleaning, janitorial work, filing, and even a bit of babysitting.

Kayto is right, but it's such a perfect biography, I'd hate to make you change it. It's obvious you put a lot of effort into it to have things so excellent from the beginning, and since he does have a history of lots of jobs, I'll count that as training and let you have the full 7 skills. Character approved.

Excellent Character Design. For once I must say I am impressed. Sounds like he would be very employable spite his current unemployement.

Thanks, all. ^^ I did put quite a bit of thought into this, and honestly didn't think about the skill limit. ^^; But I do think he'll be quite fun to RP, and hope to wander IC with him soon. ^^

I hate to burst your eager bubble but you better convince him otherwise soon. In his bio he wants off the planet.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back