• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: NSS Alliance EDIT YOUR FREAKIN POSTS *EVERYONE READ*

Tom

The Alliance is quickly becoming one of the most active plotships in the RP, which I'm proud of you all for accomplishing together.

However, with that comes a responsibility to the rest of the site, mainly the CORRECT use of grammar, consistent use of PAST TENSE and decent spelling.

We're the face of Nepleslia to the RP and I want people to take pride in the cleanliness of their ship.

Because this site is a freeform RP where both interaction and writing ability are important to the well-being of the site as a whole, I will be implementing the following policy:

1. Players who demonstrate consistent ability to follow the grammar, spelling and tense rules of the site will be given a 'tiebreaker' over those who cannot, or will not perform this duty. That means that, if both players demonstrate exceptional IC RP ability, the ones that do so with proper attention to grammar will be given my first recommendation to Wes for forum promotions, as well as both IC and OOC recognition on the Nepleslian side of the website (for example, character promotion and seats on the Nepleslian senate, as well as OOC trust in discussing plots).

2. Players who habitually ignore basic requests to correct spelling, grammar and tenses (which, in effect, puts more of a workload on ME to do ninja editing) will eventually find themselves on my bad side. I don't like having to repeat reasonable requests several times, guys. Honestly, it takes a LOT to get on my bad side, so a basic adherence to my requests is appreciated.

THE LEAST EACH PLAYER IS REQUIRED TO DO IS THE FOLLOWING:

1. Run every post through the spellchecker that Wes so kindly linked to. It seriously takes like 5 seconds, guys, to get it done.

To do this, simply copy your text from your message body box, click on the spellcheck link (it'll open in a new page), paste it in there, and hit the spellcheck button. Little drag down icons will show up over things it thinks is incorrect, and you can pick and choose what to correct as necessary.

2. Maintain past tense in all forum writing.

EXAMPLE: Jack Miller shot his gun at the enemy, who dramatically fell dead. "Take that, you son of a bitch," he said, blowing the smoke from the barrel of the gun. "Just like a Western film!"

Again, I don't like being a hardass, but at least sticking to past tense and using the spellchecker is not an unreasonable request.

Any questions or comments about this policy can be replied to here. Do not use the OOC thread.

Please take note that if I see any particularly lazy spelling errors in a thread, I will make the lack of use of the spellchecker (WHICH TAKES 10-30 SECONDS TO USE) rather apparent.

If you want it even easier then that, Firefox 2 has a built in spell checker. If something's wrong it will put a red line under it and it will give you suggestions as to what to fix.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back