• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Editing Submissions

i don't remember where it was said but I'm 90% sure wes said, or it was suggested and he agreed that minor spelling or grammar errors can be and should be corrected by the reviewer since its only trivial information.

I'd assume things like fixing formatting to make articles conform to templates and style guidelines would also be ok? But don't quote me on that one

and then of course things like editing that changes the intention of the article, or adding and removing certain things that are key points in the article are already listed as off limits without permission, and i feel this should apply to reviewers as well since they are reviewing not creating it

Staff decision on this is that it's a fine idea to edit grammar and spelling. Changing the context or meaning of the submission isn't too conducive to the submission process. What happened?

1. In general, other people's WIPs should be left alone until approved. It's okay to fix links and typos.

2. If you're the reviewer, you can edit for links, format, spelling, grammar, style, header levels, and (within reason) adding events that happened in the RP that help history sections, etc. In other worlds, technical stuff. In general anything with the content/context/meaning you should ASK the submitter to make changes if they're needed instead of doing it yourself, or ASK the submitter if it's OK to change something in the content. Staff can also tell people to change things, if they go against canon or are against the site rules (nsfw content, etc.).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back