• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Emrys Academy

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Emrys Academy

Bolstered by his success at entering the food industry, Seru Emrys decided to expand his company into the area of education. As such Emrys Industries created an academy to encompass the paramount in education.

The academy is for children from between the ages of four and eighteen, of both sexes. When they enter the school they are subjected to a thorough psychological investigation, whose task is to reveal what style of education will be most effective. If the test reveals that they need a strict environment to thrive, that is what will be provided, if a loose and informal style of education will be more efficient, that is what will occur. Similarly if being in a class of more than one is a hindrance, it will not happen, but if it is a boon, then the same scholar may teach several pupils at the same time.

The subjects able to be taken is extremely wide, if there is a subject that the academy does not have a expert in to teach, they will hire one. All of the teachers are experts in their field. Martial arts is one of the base subjects, as is basic maths, although the guardians can decide whether to do it or not.

The accommodations in which the students live is largely flexible to what they want, they are given a set design, but they can change it as they will. The charge of building has to be approved by the guardians, and goes onto the bill. It is not uncommon for servants to be brought to the school, and to have adjacent accommodations. There are also a range of servants around the academy, both Yamataian and android (NovaCorp model), for additional assistance, or those students that do not have their own servants, or who have decided to go without.

The school uses all the most advanced teaching techniques but refrains from burning information into their students brain, as this is seen as less effective as being taught it. However pheromones are often used to stimulate concentration.

Drugs are forbidden during class, and in such a way that the effect overlaps with a lesson. During their recreational period it is allowed if the guardians consent. There is no uniform, although the academy maintains the right to say a certain mode of dress is acceptable (it sees blatant nudity as a distraction to other students).

Sexual relationships are allowed after the age of 16, as is co-habitation, as long as it is not seen as detrimental to the education of either or the practitioners. As long as something is seen as healthy it is allowed.

The academy likes to keep things within itself, therefore any breaking of the law is taken care of the academy itself as far as possible, major crimes are of course reported. The academy keeps within the laws meticulously.

The fees are extremely high, but the academy is meant for the richest of family's children, and the standard of education can not be matched. The exact fee is agreed upon with each individual student, depending on what that student needs.

The academy is situated in an estate of several hundred acres. This covers a forest, a lake, an equestrian centre and a zoo (stocked with exotic animals). There is also a complex (and adjustable) hedge maze, and plenty of fountains and statues.

Due to the high profile status of many of the children and adolescents that will attend the academy, Emrys Industries has set a perimeter fence around the estate, with the entrance point guarded by well trained guards. There is a no flight zone immediately above the academy, and Emrys has purchased high powered particle cannon turrets to enforce this. This does not extended to the high atmosphere or space, or too SA or ships belonging to the government. The turrets have been treated with plasmonic coatings from NovaCorp, making them invisible and therefore not able to worry the students. The main buildings can be surrounded by a powerful shield in addition to this. Ships and aircraft can land at a landing pad/runway to one side of the institute.

The students that would rp bieng students there, how would they transition into the rp? Would they go on to the Star Army academy? The teaching style there wouldn't really suite them after such a place as Emry's...

Well, the people who did come from this school would be extremely talented, the most educated people. Therefore they should have some place in any where they want to go.

And they would be taught in such a way that they would be able to take discipline, or at least some of them. It will have intresting results, everyone coming from it will be unique.

Well ill send an npc there to give it a test but im still a bit sceptical.... Its relatively the perfect school, however do you really expect to work how you want if it is rped out I don't belive it will work. Its a good concept and for the world it fits, i just think that this steriotypical style school never works out....

nekos, the largest demographic in SA, are mostly excluded from this school because of their age and abilities. Also, don't say its standards can't be matched until you've done some actual RP with the place and can mantain that it is indeed better than simply downloading the infromation into your body.

Kendokio, what do you keep saying about playing NPCs, sending NPCs places? The only person who controls NPCs is the GM.

The school thing would be all right if it was the GM setting it up. It seems sort of pretentious to me that some guy who owned a food business would decide to open up a high quality school. I think it would be sort of useless as an RP setting, you'd basically get the same sort of thing you would on a ship, which would likely be random social RP, just in a school. Most characters are older, already past school age, so new characters would need to be created for it (not a bad thing, and obvious, but I'm just saying). It'd just be different I guess. You could talk with Wes about it and perhaps start some sort of plot.

That is an interesting question Jadg, but it's not only the GM who runs NPCs. I run NPCs in some of the threads I've started.

If its in the Destiny, I've allowed some control of NPC's, because there are SO many NPC's on the Destiny.

I prefer it if it doesn't happen, and I will NOT allow you to get into a fight where you control both sides.

Anyway, NPC's are meant to be used by GM's only, but due to a lack of JPing, that isn't happening much.

Basicly Seru, who runs Emrys Industries, has been hit my a need to expand. He is trying to get his fingers in every pie there is: Weapons, Clohthes, Food, Transportation, and now Education. I would like to see this as a plot, but I'm not going to moan if it isn't. It is however something that Seru would do.

Emrys shipyards, Emrys technologies, Emrys agriculture, Emrys security, Emrys Aquisitions, Emrys construction, Emrys Entertainment.... You could call it the Emrys Industrial Sector!

*snicker*

The acadamy is now operational. Seru has paid the money to build the institution and keep it running.

I'm intrested if anyone feels like doing something with it. I might do some SP's, but I'd be happy to do something more if people are intrested.

Uso Tasuki said:
Emrys shipyards, Emrys technologies, Emrys agriculture, Emrys security, Emrys Aquisitions, Emrys construction, Emrys Entertainment.... You could call it the Emrys Industrial Sector!

*snicker*
OH SHI-

:p

RPG-D RPGfix
Back