• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Encounter! Enter the Sourcian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiro

Encounter! Enter the Sourcian

Toshiro sat in the Captain's chair of the Yggdrasill, preparing for planetary contact...the bridge was oddly empty at the moment, with 2/3rds of the people in the medbay...but it was just like old times, really...the radio was on, as it often was, because of the previous encounter...soon Toshiro would likely contact the Lorath to obtain permission to go planet-side.

Space time itself muddled and skewed as light coiled and bent and unfamiliar stars and shapes replaced their native counterparts, intertwined with a dark purple cloud. It painted a rippling hexagon onto the perceptual night's sky of deep space. The purple mathematically perfect shape flickered to a blinding white as a smooth organic form slipped from it is lips out into local space, red and white gasses ebbing across its surface like smoke to disperse into the void.

The dim red shell of a form was smooth and rounded with veins marked beneath it is armored transparent skin. The craft of unknown origin harbored limb-like protrusions which gracefully extended out from points across its body. They behaved like limbs as the object turned about, narrowly missing the Yggdrasill. its propulsion system sent an echo of its sheer efficiency and shook the Yggdrasill's hull and contents as it glided past on a stream of distorted space and light which it is limbs shone in a cuttle-fish like pulse.

Aboard the Yggdrasill, comms screamed a loud ear-splitting noise through the pass like a razor-blade lost in a turbine. As the proximity grew and the two ships parted, the volume fell and the pitch dropped several octaves in a smooth sound like a voice. The comms growled in a low voice through sharp flickers and purrs of notes. The sound was distinctly like a finger pressed against a fan, growling through sharp flickers, a ribbed organic racket.

The hexagon shifted up into an octagon and briefly a circle before it cracked like glass and shriveled, imploding upon itself with a white twinkling shockwave into space that send another shake through the Yggdrasill.

Although its form shook and shivered as if it were a kludge of the dimensions themselves, the second occupant had arrived and it eagerly chased the first craft, now dubbed UNKNOWN ORIGIN in bold yellow letters which flickered off once every second, an arrow marking out the alien craft as it maneuvered with immense (if not staggering) ease in relative to the Yggdrasill, tracking it as it seemingly opened fire on the void on an area that was little more than a red dot that flickered quickly to form an optic cloud as it was registered by the Subspace Mass sensors.

The second visitor could not be clearly located by the Yggdrasill, jumping around a 3km blur on sensors.

Toshiro held onto the chair tightly through the vessel's near-miss, the energy in its wake pushing the ship nearly one hundred meters before the Dynamic Thruster Drive compensated, righting the emerald green vessel. The ship's captain was briefly deafened by the noise of the vessel before the roar became bearable...the 3-D map in front of him was mirrored by the charts on screens in his left armrest, and he brought up a visual of the vessel that almost slammed into his own...

"Toshiro to all hands, report to stations immediately! Unidentified Vessel of Unknown Origin has just appeared! Medbays stand by! Kairi, I need a damage report as soon as you can manage!"

Last edited by Toshiro on Sun Mar 04 2007, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ken jumped from the chair. "Sorry ma'am, but duty calls." he said, before rushing out and to his chair, sliding in. "I'm stationed, Capt'n." he said, making sure all of his controls were up and operational.

Remi seemed to jump a little as Toshiro's voice came booming over the ships internal speakers. Seeing her patient gone; Remi sighed a little, and donned a large white labcoat from her suitcase.

The doctor went about trying to prepare for various possibilities. All though one can't be fully prepared for everything.

Shaun and Eve had been working on the pod in the men's bunkroom when the shockwave sent Shaun slamming head first against the wall next to him.

Pulling himself to his feet he stumbled for a moment before rushing out of the room heading for the control room. "Looks like you were right Eve. Someone was out there" He wiped the blood from the side of his head off on his sleeve before making it into the control bay and quickly sitting at his console.

"Eve try and get me a clear picture of what's going on out there." Eve was quick to reply "I'm on it"

There was an air like hiss that sounded almost like a jet engine through the comms, dropping into a sharp metallic tone. UNKNOWN ORIGIN turned about, tails arching, widening in a dolphin-like manner before contracting, their tips held tightly together.

Again, light shifted and a second shock-wave caressed the Yggdrasill but this time there was no shiver from the ship's hull. A shrilling sound screamed from the cargo-bay, the Kylie and Battlepod shaking, the systems which powered the devices dragging them up into the air against their own weight. With a crisp pip sound, the two fell dead against the floor, deadly silent.

At the same moment, a second object appeared on scopes, robbed of it is invisibility by the strange pulse. Violet thrust from three areas across the strange shaking paper-aeroplane like form poured from swift turns and motions to evade the other vessel's weaponry. It was declared as "UNKNOWN_2". It released a wave of its own, the tip pulsing and shifting in hue from blue through deep purples, glowing. It was quickly redesigned "ENEMY" in red bold lettering by the computer as the alarms sounded.

Upon seeing this, Toshiro barked out another series of commands...

"Re-enforce shields if possible! Get us out of that thing's line of fire! It might have a Cone Effect for all we know! This could be a new sort of Mishhu attack vessel or something!"

Lacking a tactical/defensive officer, Toshiro began to record all data on sensors starting from one minute ago in short-term memory onward for the Lorath and Star Army...should they survive the encounter...

Remi faintly heard the shrilling sound from the cargo bay; it was little more than a whisper. Still, she heard it reverberating being carried by the metal of the ship.

The doctor uttered a silent curse. "Captain! Just what is going on up there?!" She growled over the internal comms systems.

Shaun had his hands on the console rapidly typing in commands "Eve switch power over from the primary weapons to shields for now and don't let the targeting computers lock on without me knowing. We don't want them blowing us to hell and back because they thought we were going to attack"

Eve quickly rerouted power to the shields "Alright Shaun the shields are increased in capacity, but what now?"

Shaun stared at the monitor and turned to face the captain "The waiting game captain?"

Serenity kept her balance, her thick tail helping her to keep up straight. With a scared glance around the room, Serenity ducked down under one of the tables in the medbay, whimpering as her tail squirmed down around her leg. She seemed petrified by the sudden shaking and sounds.

Toshiro watched, eyebrows furled...

"Doctor, two fighting ships just dropped out of FTL it seems....we almost got broadsided, and things are only heating up. There's no telling what will happen, if we'll have or receive wounded, or anything. I'm sorry but this demands my immediate attention. One is charging what appears to be a superweapon!"

He looked to Shaun next...

"...The way things are going, we may not need to wait long...but yes, we just watch from the sidelines for now...we wouldn't last ten seconds out there..."

He continued to listen to the radio representation of these vessels...

"I don't know if our radio will even work...they seem to be constantly pinging, perhaps using something along the lines of old radar technology...If we try to hail the Lorath using slower-than-light means before they've finished their battle...we may be blown out of the sky if they interpret it as an effort to disrupt their targeting systems...or weapons may automatically hone in on us...I'm beginning to think these aren't even Mishhu ships. I've never heard of a vessel jamming the radio frequencies in this matter..."

Toshiro pondered the situation... "What is the status of subspace channels? Are they also flooded?"

Last edited by Toshiro on Sun Mar 11 2007, 03:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

The shivering shifting geometric shape of the enemy craft spewed a flickering white light toward its counterpart. It evaded with a sharp burst of motion that on the Yggdrasill's looked like some sort of glitch. The radio noise grew as something extended from the dorsal and ventral, top and bottom, of the organic form.

A spray of green light bombarded the first ship which began the cycle once more, knocked from its vector of flight though the rounds themselves seemed to rebound cleanly from the paper-thin form, the two now locked in some sort of elaborate dogfight, dancing on the tips of what their propulsion systems were capable of.

It was awe inspiring to see such massive objects moving like the wind itself so effortlessly - let alone in space, shifting their center of mass so rapidly and so pricisely, struggling to hit one another as they slid and fell through the sparkling heavens leaving thin wisps of light behind one another.

They had no interest in the Yggdrasill, fighting for their own survival.

Last edited by OsakanOne on Sun Mar 11 2007, 05:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

The woman glared up at where the captain's voice echoed from and cursed to herself more. "Then remain in an unthreatening posture, and get the hell out of their way!" She roared. Remi's ears twitched a little, and she heard the faint pitter patter of feet behind her.

The neko whipped her head around sending black hair flying; Remi looked around, and saw a form under a table. The doctor bent to a knee, and saw Serenity. The poor thing looked scared out of her mind... Remi walked over to the table, and knelt down again her features significantly soft, and comforting. She held out her arms as if ready to embrace or be embraced.

~"Here now, you're okay come here you'll be fine."~ She cooed to the scared Helashio, all the while wearing a small reassuring smile.

Last edited by Soresu on Mon Mar 05 2007, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shaun glared at his console before slamming a fist against his right knee. "Damn it! its all jammed!"
Shaun spun around in his chair to face the captain "I suggest we try and get as far away from this fight as possible."

Toshiro didn't even have to think before responding to that statement.

"...I agree, but stay close thought to maintain visual and sensor range...they seem to be ignoring us, and I want to report this to the military immediately afterward. It could easily be a threat to the inhabitants of this planet...but if they start to attack us, don't hesitate to gun the Hyperpulse Drive and get us out of here."

Ken was doing his best to keep the ship out of the cross fire, using the Dynamic thrusters to almost full potential to do this. "Man...it is all over the place...how far do our sensors go? I want to get to that limit and stay there."

Toshiro put his hand to his arrest briefly before responding to Ken...

"1 AU for some of them...but we need detailed readings, so go out to perhaps a quarter of a million kilometers for now...just give them some room and keep them on visual, Ken..."

Last edited by Toshiro on Wed Mar 07 2007, 06:52 am; edited 1 time in total

And then it happened.

A single round from the chasing object glanced the hull of its organic partner and her engines went dead, caught in the drift of her last high-speed maneuver. No movement and no response, it looked dead and with a sharp ripple in space, the inflictor of damage left leaving the husk of it is partner behind. Gone.

The comms were silent, save for a heart-beat like pulse in two second intervals. They came closer together, the count and form.

1. 2. 3. 5. 7. 11.

1. 2. 3. 5. 7. 11.

1. 2. 3. 5. 7. 11.

1. 2. 3. 5. 7. But no eleven came this time.

Ken nodded, getting out where Toshiro wanted, right before the final shot happened. "Wow...that sounds like code..."

Serenity was shaking like a leaf, and for a girl her size, that was pretty big. Her whimpers became louder as the long absent Berog wandered over to his mistress, crying out for protection as he slipped underneath her, staring up at Remi with big wide eyes.

The Helashio had covered her head and ears now, saying something in gibberish Lorath that couldn't even be understandable even to another Helashio.

Remi couldn't help but pity her. The doctor pursed her lips; looking down to see the furry little Berog. Her pet? Wondering as she inched closer now. Slowly she reached out a hand to Serenity placing it on her head, and gently stroked the woman's hair. Still speaking to her in Lorath.

~"Its alright, don't be afraid,"~ The doctor tried to keep her voice soothing. Inwardly she sighed a little.

Toshiro's eyes widened.

"...1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 11 are the first six Prime Numbers...I've heard that races with no established standard of communication use those numbers as an indication of intelligent life which has attained a certain mathematical level, though the use of 1 isn't constant...but the signal is cut off..."

He continued to think, standing in the center of the bridge, before reseating himself in the Captain's Chair.

"Move in closer to the vessel, Ken. Lain, please broadcast on the same radio frequency as the unknown entity in the same format the next six Prime Numbers; 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, and 31...meanwhile, send a communication via Subspace to the Lorath, notifying them of what has happened thus far. I'll make a passive scan of the vessel, to try and determine the extent of the damage..."

Toshiro did as he stated, making a passive scan, merely observing any radiant energy signals or obvious damage to get an estimate. Making an active scan would require the emission of a signal, and the vessel may or may not respond negatively to being actively probed.

Last edited by Toshiro on Sun Mar 11 2007, 03:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

Feeling the connection between herself and Remi, even if only a physical one, Serenity instantly dove closer to her, burying her face in the doctor's lap. It wasn't to long before Remi would feel a wetness in her lap from Serenity crying.

The little Berog with her squealed a little as he was pushed around, flailing a little in his now stuck position between Serenity's legs. After a moment of righting himself, her settled in just between her knees, his head pressed deeper towards her calves.

Ken nodded. "Aye, Capt'n." he said, pulling in closer slowly, but fast enough that it wasn't a snail pace.

Entire minutes passed and floating space-hulk did little more than provide a meal of confusion for the Yggdrasill's sensors and echo what it received. And then it responded, sending an immense 9 million digit number in a compressed data algorithm that unpacked to reveal itself as 2^32582657-1, a processor assembler packet following with a set of simple programming instructions as it now filled white noise through every psionics channel available to it.

The doctor gave a little squeak at the sudden dampness on her dress. However, this did not deter her from what she was doing. Remi just whispered soothing words to the Helashio, keeping up the stroking of her hair.

~"it is okay...we're fine. See? Nothing happened. The ship just shook a little."~

Toshiro gave a small gasp as he felt white noise where he normally felt telepathic contact...

"...Try sending that output back. I can't think of anything else to try...Have we been able to raise the Lorath yet?"

Serenity seemed to grip her all the more tightly, whimpering louder now. She had remembered one to many times when she thought the worse of it was over, it only got worse.

The small pet Berog didn't have such memories. Finally feeling the ship settle, the little guy squirmed from his position and around to Remi's side, giving her a few cute little barks.

Ken winced at the white noise. "ow...I hate white noise.."

Shaun was still focusing on the space around the ship. He found it strange that the ship was only disabled before the other one simply vanished. "Don't take your eyes off space Eve....I don't like this"

Eve continued to scan the space around the ship "Will do" she replied.

Remi felt the girl cling more, and looked down to the little Berog. "I know...your mistress is upset." She said to the little creature. Doubtful it would understand.

With her free hand the doctor fumbled around in a pocket; while she kept trying her hardest to console the Helashio. After a few minutes she found what she was looking for. A handkerchief, gently the neko cupped Serenity's chin, and brought the whimpering girl's head up to her level. Softly she began to pat the handkerchief on her tear stained cheeks.

~"There there, we're fine...okay?"~ Remi was a little concerned for her now, and it showed as she kept dabbing the cloth trying to wipe away tears.

Kairi arrived in the bridge, finally. It appeared she had been through something-or-other; her hair was ruffled and she had a small bruise on her face.

"Uuu... Toshi-kun, what's the situation? There was a loud noise, then I was on the floor passed out... I think the ship shook."

(OOC: Sorry for the absence, I was in the mental hospital. More later)

The titanic body continued adrift. Its surface flickered blue three times. The white noise fell into solidarity and meaning: It was both angry and frightened at its loss, utterly unable to move.

"...it is scared..."

Toshiro replied, sighing in his chair before contacting the medbay.

"...Miyoshi-hakase...as a former member of the Star Army, I request that you make yourself present on the bridge...I have a possible First Contact scenario up here, and there aren't any Star Army or Lorath vessels in sight at the moment, amazingly...we may have to initiate in their stead if we can't get through to Lor. I need your knowledge of Star Army protocol."

Remi was still wiping away tears as Toshiro's voice came over the medbay comms. She listened, and sighed a little.

~"I have to go to the bridge okay? Don't worry I'll be back."~ The doctor stroked Serenity's hair one more time before getting up and exiting the medbay. Not knowing the layout of the vessel; it took her a bit to get to the bridge.

Once there, her were hands inside the labcoat pockets. "Alright I'm here captain, but I'm no trained diplomat, I'll do what I can however..." Calling as she walked over to where he was at.

"I would like to see any data pertaining to whatever it is, sensor data, communications, anything. Also, stay in an unthreatening posture, no sudden movements or anything. However, if things turn sour be ready to retreat." Her gaze locked onto Toshiro as she spoke.

"Shields are okay, and are seen as a defensive measure. Weapons however will remain offline or in standby. I'm also going to need you to tell me what all has happened."

Toshiro nodded, swiveling the panel over to her...

"It is unidentified, and was in a harsh battle right in front of us....weapons-wise both ignored us. This one was on the defensive, the aggressor damaging it and escaping...it seems to have radio and telepathic manipulation capabilities, and can mess with our scans..."

He continued to speak.

"The unit since began to transmit simple code for 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 11, repeating, trying to establish contact with us. Recognizing the prime numbers, I transmitted back 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, and 31. It then transmitted a coded algorhythm of a VERY fine calculation of pi, which we've returned...it is scared and upset, it seems...those of us with telepathy can sense it easily...we've been trying to contact the Lorath for a while now, but it can block subspace signals, and we don't want to mess with radio more than needed...I think it uses radar, of all things, to navigate, and using radio to contact anyone other than it specifically could be considered an effort to manipulate its sensors...a hostile act...and that thing could blow us away easily."

Last edited by Toshiro on Sun Mar 11 2007, 03:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

As if on cue with Toshiro's words, the subspace and radio jamming dropped into perfect silence as if it knew it was interfering with Toshiro's operations rather than defending itself by making itself harder to scan.

Remi merely nodded; letting him know she listened as the doctor looked at the display.

"It could be that it is trying to test us. To see if we are capable of a response..." She stroked her chin in thought.

She merely nodded. "Are you trying to tell me the ship itself is sentient? Judging from what you said, it being upset, and scared..." The neko was pondering aloud now. "Alright...send it a message, use mathematical code, base two binary or base sixteen hex code. Try and reassure it we mean it no harm, and are peaceful."

Remi moved her hair hanging over her left eye behind an ear.

"If it is indeed sentient, calming it down would be advisable. It might help to convey a sense of calm and peaceful intent via telepathy... I don't know...this is all very new to me. It could be dangerous to try that, but you are the captain and it is your call."

Toshiro nodded, thoughtfully contemplating the information given, and noticing communications were open.

"Well...we'll try both, since it initiated contact in both formats...let me compile a message...and also send interpreters and maybe data on our language...then perhaps it can respond in plain text or something...meanwhile you can try the telepathy."

He put together a packet to send, with Japanese and English language data, binary and hex decoders/encoders, and the same message in binary and hex...he kept it simple...

This is the SRSS Yggdrasill. We mean you no harm. We see you are hurt. What do you need? Can you reply?

He then sent this message, and endeavored to contact the Star Army and the Lorath on subspace, to inform them of the situation...

Last edited by Toshiro on Sat Mar 10 2007, 03:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

The doctor merely nodded. Next she closed her eyes, and rather gently not to mention very politely projected a sense of calm, and peace outwards. If the ship picked up on this, it would feel the gentle caress of the emotions she sent out towards it.

The alien vessel chose it is response very very carefully.
The first was psionic in nature, echoed three times and for being so friendly, the doctor was met with stimulation she hadn't expected.

Perhaps too intimate.

Quote:

Unfamiliar space.
Followed.

Location?
Instructions_

And then the following 'instructions' to the computer came.

Quote:

MAKE//
{
MDX1: f08accfd490b92d8e9e6d7ed8b61630a
MDX4: de0dabb4a01a3df1dae34b4ba17ff93e
MD884: 9908f6947b8e122b5a9254d914b9e02a
CRC 8, ccitt, 16, 32 : 49, f2a0, 66e3, e82d1348

SUBCRYPT (form: $ MDX? $ SALAS$ CCP//LOCK):
$1$1wBCgeOV$FxK5guLSBWzdHYDxCELYM0
(form: LOCK[2] MDX[11]):
TRIP (psEl6Cj3hhB4s)

PROC1: bc1600010e0107ffb89500d8143900f3c13000
pipe(MD-AAF-160):
f47906af 8102e827 87e8293f 45e46657 21a1142c
PROC2-256:
ffebbf10634fe19180af91b7a48e77ef
730866a27e27b204189f5d7725cb1409
PROC3-384:
75c22254cc8e1553b1ddde2a21597cd5
e1998599b6734758ad9c52774305fdf0
2a0fd138727da48910c844596be0f48e
PROC4-512:
7e8354c26e1a7ddb57a690ec2ff50635
e62bc18601bf05d3fad46538cdf5221a
0ad3aff481c5cbab0e872488dc84cb49
8d1697eac4b71c8d21f6abedbc47e148
}

FORK SUBJ{
52:65:62:6F:6b:6A, Retana
52:65:62:6C:1A:FC, Retana
52:65:62:65:DD:5B, X
52:65:62:65:6b:61, Retana}

TRANS:

00111100 01100011 01100101 01101110 01110100 01100101 01110010 00111110 01011011 01110011 01101001 01111010 01100101 00111101 00110001 00111000 01011101 01000100 01100001 01101001 01100011 01101100 01101111 01101110 01101001 01110101 01110011 00100000 01100011 01101100 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01000001 01101101 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101001 01100001 01110101 01110011 00100000 00101000 01000111 01110101 01101110 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110000 00101001 01011011 00101111 01110011 01101001 01111010 01100101 01011101 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 01011011 01101001 01101101 01100111 01011101 01101000 01110100 01110100 01110000 00111010 00101111 00101111 01110011 01110100 01100001 01110010 01100001 01100001 01100110 01110100 00101100 00100000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01100001 01110010 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01110011 01101001 01101101 01101001 01101100 01100001 01110010 01101100 01111001 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101100 01110000 01101000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110111 01100001 01111001 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01101100 01101001 01101101 01100010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110110 01100101 01100011 01110100 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100111 01101001 01101110 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00101110 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100001 01101001 01100011 01101100 01101111 01101110 01101001 01110101 01110011 00100000 01100101 01111000 01100011 01100101 01101100 01101100 01110011 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100100 01100101 01110011 01100011 01100101 01101110 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100101 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110010 01100001 01110100 01101111 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01110011 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100101 01110011 01100101 01101110 01100011 01100101 00101100 00100000 01110011 01110100 01110010 01101001 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01100001 01110010 01100111 01100101 01110100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01101111 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110100 01110101 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100000 01101111 01110010 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110010 01110101 01101110 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101110 01100101 01110101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100100 01101001 01110011 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110110 01100101 01110011 01110011 01100101 01101100 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100111 01100110 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110000 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110011 01101001 01101101 01101001 01101100 01100001 01110010 00100000 01100011 01101100 01100001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100110 01101001 01100011 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00101100 00100000 01100101 01100110 01100110 01100101 01100011 01110100 01101001 01110110 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100001 01101110 01110100 01101001 00101101 01100111 01110101 01101110 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110000 00100000 01100111 01110101 01101110 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110000 00101110 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 01010100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01100111 01101000 00100000 01100010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01100001 01110101 01101100 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101100 01110101 01100100 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101110 01101111 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101001 01101101 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110111 01100101 01100001 01110000 01101111 01101110 00101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101110 01100001 01110100 01110101 01110010 01100101 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100001 01101001 01100011 01101100 01101111 01101110 01101001 01110101 01110011 00100000 01101101 01100101 01100001 01101110 01110011 00100000 01101001 01110100 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01101101 01101111 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100011 01101000 01100001 01101110 01100111 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01110011 01110101 01101001 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100101 01110110 01100101 01101110 01110100 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01101111 01110101 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101001 01110100 00101100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101000 01101001 01100111 01101000 01101100 01111001 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101001 01111010 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110000 01101111 01110011 01110011 01100101 01110011 01110011 01101001 01101111 01101110 00100000 01100001 01101101 01101111 01101110 01100111 00100000 01000001 01100101 01110110 01100001 01101100 01101100 01101001 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100111 01110011 01101001 01100100 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100001 01100010 01101001 01101100 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01110110 01100101 01110010 01110011 01100101 00100000 01110110 01100001 01110011 01110100 00100000 01100100 01101001 01110011 01110100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110011 00100000 01110101 01101110 01100100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01110100 01110100 01101100 01100101 00100000 01110000 01101111 01110111 01100101 01110010 00101110 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100001 01101001 01100011 01101100 01101111 01101110 01101001 01110101 01110011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01110011 01101111 00100000 01100011 01100001 01110000 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01100001 01110100 01101101 01101111 01110011 01110000 01101000 01100101 01110010 01101001 01100011 00100000 01100110 01101100 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 01110011 00100000 01100010 01111001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01110100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110010 00100000 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 00100000 01110000 01101111 01100100 01110011 00100000 00100010 01110000 01110010 01101111 01101110 01100111 01110011 00100010 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100110 01100001 01100011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100111 01110010 01101111 01110101 01101110 01100100 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110111 01100101 01110010 00100000 01100110 01110010 01101111 01101110 01110100 00100000 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100111 01100101 01100001 01110010 00100000 01100110 01110010 01101111 01101101 00100000 01100010 01100101 01101110 01100101 01100001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110011 01100101 00101110 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 01011011 01110011 01101001 01111010 01100101 00111101
00110001 00111000 01011101 01001000 01101001 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110010 01111001 01011011 00101111 01110011 01101001 01111010 01100101 01011101 00001101 00001010 01010000 01110010 01100101 01110000 01100001 01110010 01100101 01100100 00100000 01100101 01110011 01110000 01100101 01100011 01101001 01100001 01101100 01101100 01111001 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100010 01100001 01110100 01110100 01101100 01100101 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01010011 01100001 01101100 01110110 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100001 01101001 01100011 01101100 01101111 01101110 01101001 01110101 01110011 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110011 01110101 01110000 01100101 01110010 00101101 01101001 01101101 01110000 01101111 01110011 01101001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00100000 01110101 01101110 01101001 01110100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01110011 01101001 01100111 01101110 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100111 01101111 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100101 01110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100101 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110010 01101001 01110100 01101111 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101011 01101110 01101001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101000 01101001 01100100 01100100 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100111 01110010 01101111 01110101 01110000 01110011 00101100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100110 01100001 01110110 01101111 01110010 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110100 01100001 01100011 01110100 01101001 01100011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010011 01101111 01110101 01110010 01100011 01101001 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110111 01101000 01101111 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110100 01100001 01100011 01110100 01101001 01100011 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01100100 01110110 01100001 01101110 01110100 01100001 01100111 01100101 00100000 01100001

The characters in packets of eight would flow across the console for a further minute or so...

01110010 01101101 01111001 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101 00101111 01110011 01110100 01100001 01110010 01100011 01101000 01100001 01101110 00101111 01110011 01110100 01100001 01110010 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110000 01110011 00101111 01110011 01110010 01100011 00101111 00110001 00110001 00110111 00110001 00110111 00110010 00110001 00111000 00110110 00110000 00110011 00111001 00110010 00101110 01110000 01101110 01100111 01011011 00101111 01101001 01101101 01100111 01011101 00111100 00101111 01100011 01100101 01101110 01110100 01100101 01110010 00111110 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 01011011 01110011 01101001 01111010 01100101 00111101 00110001 00111000 01011101 01000001 01100010 01101111 01110101 01110100 01011011 00101111 01110011 01101001 01111010 01100101 01011101 00001101 00001010 01000100 01100101 01110011 01101001 01100111 01101110 01100101 01100100 00100000

CRC CHK: okay

TRANS COMPL_

It took a few moments for the computer to properly gestate the raw instructions, all screens aboard the bridge flickering black briefly.
What would follow was a full armaments load-out, encrypted channel and full stream communication between the vessel and the Yggdrasill and a command console.

Quote:

Last login: set on TX-503
Kernel load...
Var set...
Login compl...

$_

Toshiro was quite surprised on what he saw, certain to save the data and send versions to the other parties previously contacted...he then typed into the console, hoping to communicate.

Quote:

$ I am Yuki Toshiro, the Commanding Officer and Owner of the ship in your immediate vicinity, the SRSS Yggdrasill, SRSS-000. We have witnessed your fight with the other vessel. We wish to assist you if possible, and have contacted the governments of your arrival. Please do not be alarmed if more vessels appear. It is uncommon for the arrival of one such as you to come, and is a notable event. Who are you, and where did you come from? My crew and I, and possibly most of the beings in this area of space, are curious as to your origins, and the cause of your plight._

The command console went blank after a short time.
Quote:

No commands recognized.

Assessment:

SRSS Yggdrasill mandate:
Yuki Toshiro (Now communicating)
Various unknowns

Situation:
52:65:62:6F:6b:6A, Retana - 80%
52:65:62:6C:1A:FC, Retana - DISABLED
52:65:62:65:DD:5B, X - 72%
52:65:62:65:6b:61, Retana - MISSING

End of line.

Yuki@Yggdrasill $

Toshiro thought for a moment before deciding to add more data as best he could...

Quote:

Yuki@Yggdrasill $

Yggdrasill Crew:

Tohoe Kairi - Command Trainee
Miller Ken - Command Trainee
Philips Shaun - Senior Crewman
Miyoshi Remi - Senior Crewman (currently communicating, telepathy)
Irokawa Lain - Junior Crewman
Eve - Honorary
Ivelain Reis - Honorary
Serenity - Honorary

The SRSS Yggdrasill is a salvage vessel dedicated to salvaging and restoring damaged components, as well as rescuing and assisting those it finds in space who have been injured or abandoned by battle, accident, or natural disaster. I interpret your situation as within the confines of that purpose._

Last edited by Toshiro on Sun Mar 11 2007, 03:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

There was a tone through the bridge, a clear soft ping.

Quote:

I have control, Commander.
Establishing a connection...

$

The comms flickered as they were re-configured for low-latency long-range communication, the alien craft's engines giving a soft cyan white glimmer, glowing between the prongs about it is rear.

The screens followed, a routing pattern resembling a two dimensional tree in white against dark blue displayed as the gunship calculated a latency protocol on the fly to best suit the situation and made the necessary connections.

Above in shadowed white letters, "Connecting..." periodically faded and returned in regular intervals.

The doctor's face had gone red, eyes glazed during the whole act; legs wobbly. After the...feeling had passed she cleared her throat. Are you injured? Was all that came to mind "It is asking for instructions from me, and its location...I'm informing it of where it is." Remi replied to Toshiro after regaining her composure. After telling him this, she tried to project an image of a starmap in her mind, and their rough location about the vicinity of Lor.

Last edited by Soresu on Sat Mar 10 2007, 09:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Commander Hira turned his chair which was placed in the middle of the bridge to face the main view screen after he had closed the channel to the Yggdrasill. "Jin'zel, have the engineers finished calibrating the engines for our rapid jump to FTL and deceleration upon arrival?"

"Systems are primed and ready for your order sir," The professional looking Occhestan officer said as she turned to the Commander.

"By all means then." Hria directed his attention to the small 'pit' which was located to the left side of the bridge. "Navigation, set course for the coordinates which were enclosed in the message. 1975 C, drop out of faster-than-light when we are close enough to achieve communication with the vessel with a lag time of less than .005ms."

Surely enough, the Sub-Lieutenant quickly input the command into the Zahl's systems without a single word or motion, just a simple thought from the Occhestian's mind put the Zahl into motion.

While the Zahl class vessel re-directed it is nose to face in the direction of the Yggdrasill, the Commander continued to give orders. "Ready the psionic signal control device. At the first sign of trouble, activate it. Also open the channel to the palace, the Occhestain wing." the Commander was really just spouting the orders he was given from brass, which were sent to him through the cybernetic node which was visible upon the side of his neck.

On Lor, a group of psionic Lorath stood watch over a large open-air conference room located on a far wing of the palace grounds. It had been only a matter of moments since they had been given the order to ready the conference room for the recently dubbed VIP which had been granted access to most of the low security areas of the palace.

A figure in a black uniform stepped into the conference room, pale skin and stark long ears. The figure took a seat and awaited for the conference to formally be declared.

The Commander of the Zahl class leaned back in his chair, he disliked being used as a puppet, but since he had been assigned to commanding the Zahl class, he had been strung along since he took the post. "Engineering, please make sure the signal remains clear, we do not want any signal loss, and be sure to have anti-matter fuel routing devices on-line and ready to prepare our missiles, in case of any interference from the unknown hostile which wounded our objective."

As most of the crew maintained the ship's communication and processing capability, a pair of large Lorath females labored within the belly of the Zahl, they loaded a single large bodied torpedo into the central firing tube which ran through the centerline of the Zahl. They connected the torpedo to an antimatter injector port, and awaited the order to arm the weapon and fire it within a moment's notice if needed.

Meanwhile, Toshiro saw the reconfiguration of the communications systems as a positive step... "...Remi...what's happening on your end?"

Merely a handful of seconds passed between the Zahl's departure and arrival as it dropped out of faster-than-light speed just a kilometer from the Yggdrasill. The commander than spoke. "Open all communications lines..."

As the command was issued, before it was executed, the Zahl was met with a hail that forced the communication channels open without response, the Captain of the Yggdrasill displayed for Lorath viewing pleasure.

The communication channel hopped subspace, the same message passed directly onto the conglomeration at the conference on Lor.

Toshiro's display gave him a look over the situation with the two opposing channels displayed side-by-side on a slant and himself in the very middle in a much smaller square, a reflection set beneath each on a black background. The bridge lights reconfigured automatically, casting the best light onto the Commander.

Toshiro blinked in surprise, and then cleared his throat.

"...Lor, this communication has been initiated by the alien vessel currently above your planet. I am Captain Yuki Toshiro, captain of the SRSS Yggdrasill, and we have successfully initiated limited contact with the vessel. It is injured and seems to have accepted our offers for assistance and good-will. Contact via both telepathy and text are the most recent successes. The Star Army has been contacted as well, and I have received a reply from Taisa Ketsurui Hanako-sama that she is enroute."

He continued.

"Does the Lorath Government have a protocol for First Contact, or any previous encounters with this race that could assist in this encounter?"

Toshiro

Commander Hira sighed deeply as he heard the name 'Hanako' mentioned. "We do not have a formal protocol, but we do have reason to believe that we have contacted this species before, and we have a member of their race which will conduct communications with the ship through our comm systems."

After speaking, Hira sent a silent message back to the royal palace which gave warning of the approach of the woman who has recently become known within the LSDF as the single most troublesome member of the Yamatai Empire.

Kairi, finally deciding what to do, jogged over to Remi, offering her a supporting arm to keep her from falling. She inquired, "Should I help strengthen those tele-feelings?"

The doctor shook her head. "No, its better if only one of us does this, and I started this." Remi took the arm and steadied herself. Her mind reeled at what to do...

The doctor thanked the vessel politely for the stimulation from earlier, and then projected the image of the starmap and Lor's location towards the ship via telepathy. As well as the only instruction or rather suggestion she could think of. To repair itself as soon as possible.

"Should I try to get closer to reduce lag, Capt'n?" Ken asked, feeling on edge a bit. He had heard of seemingly crippled ships actually being fully operational and hiding pirates.

Toshiro scratched his chin for a moment...

"No real need at this time...stay at this point in space, Ken. Our communication seems optimized to our current location."

It wasn't long before the black-hulled Ravisher slipped into the area.

"Taisa Hanako to Yggdrasill. We are approaching your position."

Toshiro replied, opening yet another channel...

"Hello, Taisa Ketsurui Hanako-hime-sama! The Lorath have also replied to my communication, and are listening. I am glad you were able to arrive in time. I am Captain Yuki Toshiro of the Yggdrasill."

Toshiro immediately went into detail on what was happening, for both parties.

"Communications with the ship are continuing, in both telepathy and plain text formats. We currently have been granted access to what seems to be a passenger manifest and a full weapons readout of the vessel...however, I am having trouble understanding how to work the command prompts of their system. I have loaded Japanese and English language data to the vessel, which helps, but it is still beyond my experience...the Lorath claim to have a member of the ship's race on site to assist, but they have not initiated contact with the vessel on their own yet."

"Please forward me all the data you have thus far received," Hanako requested, as the Ravisher took up a position at the Yggdrasill's side.

The YSS Ravisher, the Zahl, and the Lorath group below were sent all the data that had thus far been collected...

"I can't read everything we've been sent...but it seems to have some interesting capabilities, even anti-aether offense...our own Kylie activated briefly when it appeared even, but no damage was done. Of course, my primary concern is the damage it has sustained...as it seems to be a sentient entity, I'm concerned for its well-being..."

There was a flicker across the monitor set before Toshiro as the twin-Kernel set alongside the existing AI onboard the Yggdrasil went about locking down the data it had been receiving. The text faded back and forth, the interface removed.

Quote:

ISOL... 100%
Rangefinder... set
charge.Capacitor... 77.4%

Caution

Kairi's eyes widened. "That looks like some sort of weapons system...! Toshi-kun, what course of action should we take?"

Toshiro looked closer.

"No...I think it is a readout of the Ravisher...the alien ship doesn't seem to trust the Ravisher...and...the OS is changing? The Yggdrasill's computer systems are getting some sort of enhancement!"

Kairi came closer. "...In the world...?" was all she could mutter. "Toshi-kun, maybe we should send a message to the Ravager before this gets out of hand..."

Ken was truly on edge now, ready to bust ass and get out of there at the drop of a pin. "This is really starting to creep me out...I don't trust it Capt'n." he said, ear twitching.

Sakura/Yggdrasill Crossover JP

Sakura/Yggdrasill JP:

https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=55147#55147

JP part III:

ON: Ravisher, Yggdrasill

Elisa was quick to arrive on the bridge, fully dressed and armed. "Hanako."

Hanako gave Elisa a warm hug, holding on for a few moments before finally releasing the Shoi. She sighed. "You frightened me, Elisa."

Elisa smiled in an enigmatic way and stroked the Taisa's hair teasingly. "I don't suppose you have a plan..."

"If the ship is truly sentient, I believe I must let it go freely, wherever it wishes. I have yet to receive directions to capture it, only to scan it heavily while the chance is available," the Taisa said.

Toshiro sighed in relief when he saw the shuttle return its very...impulsive passenger to the Ravisher... "...Right...I guess next we ask it how its technology works and the other things? Maybe if it knows what happened to the other unit...this 'X'?"

Get on with it. the voice told Elisa.

"...things are slightly more complicated, Hanako," Elisa replied. "However, that seems the right course of action." There is something I have to do, first.

The Lorath ship sat by idly. The others seemed to be busy with each other, and not to seem rude...the commander opted to wait for a few moments.

"it is a sentient ship, Toshiro. I'm sure just like any being if you poke and prod to much you won't get much in return," Remi replied idly. "Besides, do you believe it would tell us how its technology works?" She raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

"MEGAMI found some star charts on the Yggdrasill's computer," Hanako noted."Perhaps I can find more puzzle pieces at the marked systems." She sat down in a rolling chair by the table.

Toshiro thought a moment, before nodding in agreement. "True...I guess if it wants to tell us anything else, it will...but this X may be hurt or damaged...I still think we should ask about him/her/it..."

Not soon after, MEGAMI silently informed the Taisa of a message piggybacked through the EIES system currently on the Yggdrasill and transmitted to the Ravisher. It had come from the doctor onboard who Hanako knew as Remi. Apparently the message was addressed to Yuriko, and was awaiting approval from the Taisa before being sent to her.

Hanako skimmed the message briefly.

"It was possibly Maras' enemy," The doctor implied.

I take it that wasn't part of your plan. Elisa coughed slightly before responding again. "Where are these systems?"

Toshiro shook his head. "No...it was in the list with this Rebeka, who turned out to be its Commander...I think that was a crew or passenger manifest...it can't hurt to ask, right?"

The EIES mysteriously disengaged as Toshiro asked of the missing unit. A simple image was displayed, portrayed next to an image of himself. It was easily larger than an armor and appeared quite imposing.

"They are quite far away," Hanako said.

Contained on the message were a few personal things. Introducing herself, commending her for her career to date. Seemed the doctor knew of it even though she was a civilian. Though she hinted at knowing Yuriko's father Ichigo. Near the tail end of the message Remi apologized for not being there for her which would most certainly confuse the pilot. If Hanako kept reading the mail got more personal on a note of it revealing in a way Remi was her mother. It looked like the doctor was trying to find Yuriko to tell her these things in person but a great deal had happened in the short time since her arrival near Lor.

Hanako approved the message and refocused on Elisa.

"I see..." Elisa looked to the side. "Have you communicated with the other ships, yet?"

Toshiro was quite surprised by the response... "...I believe I'll save that, too..." He saved the data to disk, and continued to stare at the image... "You can obviously hear me, Maras-san...Will you tell me where X was lost? Is X an ally of yours as I assume?"

"Not yet. We should update them," she said. She pulled up a video chat window and opened channels with Yggdrasil and the Zahl. "The alien vessel is sentient - because of that, no one can claim it as property. Please allow it to travel unmolested."

Remi remained silent as she kept her stationary position next to Toshiro. The boy had to learn on his own sometime.

What was once a male voice to the psionic aboard was now a female voice. It seemed to shift, depending on who it was talking to. "He went missing." It was strange to hear such a thing directly and not see it plastered across every display on the bridge.

Toshiro was quite surprised, but nodded. "...Do you wish us to look for him? Perhaps if he is in safe space, within our range, we can keep an eye open for him..." As he did this, he began to type a text message to Hanako... Yggdrasill has no contest to the ruling. It is exactly what we'd hoped for, Taisa Ketsurui-Hime-Sama.

"He was last with the commander," the voice spoke, referring to Rebeka.

The exaggerated titles made Hanako blush a little. "Thank you." She closed the window and looked to Elisa. "But, what will you do? I can tell you wish to go back."

"I do the same thing I've always done - just what I have to," Elisa simply said. "I don't think you can hold that against me."

Toshiro continued to think...but where was the ship's commander until now? He then sent a text message to the Ambassador, hoping it would get through. With the turning on and off of lines, it was hard to tell. Ambassador...We are curious...how and where did you get separated from Maras?

The ambassador was not on the line.

"But does that mean...leaving me? Even leaving the Star Army?" Hanako asked, her big, wet golden eyes searching for answers.

It does.

...you are right, of course. But she's like a child. I'm not sure I can hold her actions against her like you can. Elisa didn't answer.

Toshiro sighed again, and again tried to contact Maras... "Where did you lose contact with the two then? I need to know the area if at all possible. If not, I guess I'll just keep my eyes open in general."

Toshiro received no response.

"Please speak," Hanako ordered.

"...it may."

He shrugged and looked to Remi. "...I'll show all Senior Crewmen the image then. Given what happened here...I hope you'll forgive me if I don't disclose this data to the Star Army." Toshiro said this with a bit of disappointment, slumping in his chair. "..."

Remi arched an eyebrow. "Don't worry about it, Captain. I'm no longer in the Star Army." She shrugged and patted his shoulder. "You know, you seem to be getting the hang of this despite it being your first time at it," The doctor remarked.

Hanako wanted to scream out in frustration. Instead, she hid it inside like a polite little servant girl should. "The Sakura's repairs and upgrades should be complete. As soon as MEGAMI finishes with Yggdrasill, we will return to Ketsurui Star Fortress."

Toshiro smiled slightly. "Thank you...I'm just a bit disappointed...from what Onii-san told me about the Army, I...expected better from their officers."

"Yes, Hanako." Elisa bowed and left the bridge. She knew she was breaking Hanako's heart...but so too did she know that heartbreak made one stronger in the end. And if there were only two things that Ketsurui Hanako needed more than anything else, they would be pain and strength.

Remi nodded slowly. "Officers vary from branch to branch and fleet to fleet. I know of quite a few good ones," She replied quietly.

A figure in the corner of Elisa's eyes followed her out, walking alongside her. She seemed to be some manner of blend between Sana and Rebeka. She spoke in a manner closer to Miles and it became increasingly harder to remember that this person was not real. "Ah, so you came through afterall, Elisa?"

Toshiro seemed to take comfort in this... "I wasn't meant to be Captain of the Yggdrasill...I was meant to be my brother's Apprentice, and maybe his XO...but he was a pilot for the SA like her, and...died. He left me the ship and I rebuilt it into this...seeing that woman having such a disregard for her own actions, and others' lives, when Onii-san died protecting such things...made me lose my temper."

Elisa said only this: "I suppose I've sold my soul now, and you're the devil."

OFF: Ravisher

Remi sighed a little. "I think you happen to be a decent captain from what I've seen of my brief stay," She commented, "You rescued me, showed concern, and in a situation like this, you held it delicately and showed concern for all parties involved." The hand she had placed on his shoulder remained and gave a little reassuring squeeze.

Toshiro gave a small blush with the praise... "it is one of the key missions of the Yggdrasill...Rescue. Besides...who knows what may happen because of what we've seen and done today? Frankly, I'm glad it ended at least peacefully with the vessel's right acknowledged."

"So you should." Remi took the hand away. "Tell me, what do you think makes a good captain?"

Toshiro seemed to think for a moment before answering...he thought for at least 30 seconds, actually... "...Well...concern for life and well-being is a big thing for me personally...staying true to the mission, whatever it may be...having a bit of flexibility...and not getting a god complex, I suppose. Also, sharing in the spoils...I'm sorry if that's not super insightful, but I am still learning."

Remi just listened politely until he finished. "Is that so..." She spoke quietly. "Learning is a good thing when you captain a vessel. You hold the lives of your crew in your hands. And someday what you learn maybe used to save their lives or the lives of others." The doctor tapped the side of her nose briefly. "You're still naive in some areas...." She smirked a little, remembering what Elisa had said. She wondered how she could tell him what the pilot had meant. "You'll grow into the role, don't worry."

Toshiro nodded, glad to at least have the approval of a former soldier...she wasn't that far higher than his brother in rank, really...

"So, do you still require me here on the bridge?" Remi asked remembering she had left Serenity alone in the medical area.

"Well...If you want to go back you can...it is up to you, Miyoshi-hakase. I'll manage up here, as things seem to be winding down," Toshiro said, his eyes on the screen.

Remi nodded briefly, and brought a finger up to her lips and kissed it. As she began to walk away the doctor placed it gently on his cheek letting it trail off as she neared the bridge exit. "If you require my assistance again just give me a ring." The doctor called casually disappearing around a corner.

Toshiro's blush remained but before he could respond, she was gone...he kept monitoring frequencies, half in thought, have in wait.

END

Last edited by Toshiro on Thu Mar 15 2007, 08:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kairi had stormed off, and was in the cargo bay polishing her combat knives obsessively. A halting string of curses could be heard in Japanese, English, and a bit of Lorath. She had seen on a viewscreen the actions following her storming off after offering Remi a chair.
Her cursing finally stopped, and she put the knives away, wiping away the beginnings of a single tear and walking back to the bridge...

Lain had left the bridge fairly quickly, making instead for his quarters.

It was right about then that Reis woke up with a start, about the time as Lain returned to their room, somewhat uncertainly. She glanced up, then pushed herself up, feeling just slightly uncomfortable.

Lain answered her before she even managed to ask, "...we're in contact with an unknown alien vessel. I don't know that it concerns you overmuch, but you should perhaps be aware."

Reis blinked, nodded slowly, then rose fully to her feet, sliding a bright red sundress over her shoulders. "...what do you know about them..?" She seemed to have dropped both her slurred speech and deactivated the ion drive in her jaw.

It took Lain a moment to grasp what she had asked. "...n-not a whole lot, honestly... when did you start talking like that?"

Reis shrugged. "...always could, darling. But Ive found life passes much more easily when people see you as harmlessly eccentric. Im sure you know that by now." She set a hand on his shoulder. "Ill go to the bridge and see if Im needed. You rest."

Lain didn't protest her directions. Rather, he simply handed to her the rank pin Toshiro had provided for her, and set himself down lightly. "...alright."

Reis inspected the curious thing, then shrugged, attached it to her dress, and moved in a slow, well-composed pace to the bridge. "Can I help with anything, Captain?" It would be interesting to see how the others reacted to being able to understand her speech.

(This post written in conjunction with Moon Dolls Twin)

Toshiro blinked, shocked for a moment before replying...

"Well...I suppose you can man the comm station...if you think you can speak in that way regularly...Lain said you had to get drunk to speak more slowly, but you seem sober to me..."

The doctor stuck her head back into the medical area and peered about for the Helashio.

~"Serenity?"~ She called. Remi would have to apologize for leaving the poor woman alone for so long, and she even regretted doing so. Silently she wondered if the Helashio would forgive leaving her so suddenly, and in that state.

"Sobriety is a state of mind, Captain." Reis smiled lightly, and attended herself to the com station, taking her seat with a certain flair of her dress. "And, for that matter, liquor's a learning curve. What's our current situation?"

Toshiro watched as she took her station, replying,

"We're waiting, really....waiting to see what the alien ship will decide to do with its freedom, how the Lorath will react, and for the situation to conclude, basically...you missed a dogfight, some heated debate, and a political precedent. Fascinating, really..."

"Disgusting, more like," a moist-eyed Kairi spat as she stomped into the bridge. "Those Yamataian ama... I had no idea of their bigotry, of their corruption..." She sniffed, running over to Toshiro, seeking comfort in the hug she trapped him in. "That ship doesn't deserve that kind of treatment, being thought of as a possession," she muffled into his jacket. "I know what that's like, and it is hateful!"

Last edited by Fredrick on Tue Mar 20 2007, 08:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Toshiro hugged back, awkwardly pinned to the Captain's Chair...

"it is okay, Kairi-san...once they realized it was sentient and alive, they decided that it couldn't be claimed by anyone...the worst is over, and the one who decided was a member of the Ketsurui Clan, so it is as close to historical precedent as possible...okay? We're just waiting for things to wrap up here before going planetside..."

Ken was starting to relax. His breathing became deep again, his hands loosening their grip. "Phew....glad that's over."

"Then sentient technology is being offered some degree of freedom?" Reis raised a brow, a slight wince. Talking like this hurts. Why cant the world listen as fast as I think? "That is a... very new precedent. I doubt very much Yamatai will learn anything from it."

Her glance fell briefly, sympathetically even, on Kairi. Not that there was any particular friendship between them - there had never been much other than tension - but Reis pitied her. A lot. And she knew that would probably offend her a lot more than whatever perceptions Kairi held, and thus said nothing further... waited a response.

Shaun remained at his console silently through the entire incident. What likely couldn't be seen was the gun being held by him underneath his console.

Slowly sliding his hand away he tucked the weapon back into it is compartment. Sweat softly pattered his face as well as blood from where he had been slammed into the wall earlier.

Shaun turned in his chair to face the captain. "Sir...I know it's a little late for suggestions, but I'd prefer if we didn't let anyone on the ship right now that doesn't belong here. If they for some reason end up choosing to attack that ship I'd rather our guns not be involved in it."

It seemed the Helashio did. In a blur of red, Remi was on the floor, the Helashio clinging to her front side as she let out a jumbled string of Lorath. It seemed that what she was trying to say was a mix between asking if Remi was okay, and if they were still in trouble. She was still shaking, just not as much as before.

Soon enough the little Berog waddled over to the pile and start barking cutely as if he were being left out of the fun.

Toshiro, still trying to comfort Kairi, looked to Reis first...

"Well, we can only hope...but it was a Ketsurui-clan princess who made the decision...we can always hope, right? Of course this was only after a Shoi took a brief joyride on it, treating the ship like a toy...in any case, they've left...and I would like you to send both the Lorath and Maras a communiqu. Ask them...'Where do we all go from here?'"

He then looked to Shaun, somewhat disagreeing.

"Well, every bridge chair has a safe in it, as does my room. I meant for them to hold weapons, and be locked away safely. In the unlikely event that a firefight occurs on the bridge, each bridge chair is meant to double as a rotatable shield...I didn't expect firefights or boarding parties, but I DID plan for it in the ship's refit...In the meantime, Shaun, I suggest you go to see the Doctor. it is unlikely we'll need to fight now...and that head wound looks painful and distracting."

Continuing to hold Kairi gently, he waited for the Lorath and Maras' responses...and for Kairi to calm down...he was still quite pinned in place.

Remi made an eeping sound as she felt her rear connect with the hard floor. The doctor looked and saw the Helashio clinging there to her front. All the neko could do was wrap Serenity up in her arms and stroke her hair again.

Remi heard the woman speaking and made out what she was saying to some extent or another. The doctor pressed Serenity into herself a little more to reassure the Helashio and comfort her.

~"I'm fine, I'm fine see? We all are and there is no more trouble it is over with."~

Shaun shook his head as he stood up. "Yeah, I'll get it checked out." Shaun walked off to the door, instructing: "Eve, keep an eye on the weapons systems for me." As Shaun headed off into the hall, his station showed activity as Eve took over for him. "Will do," she replied.

Reis nodded, and sent the communication, taking a few minutes to accomplish it as she had yet to make any use of the technologies here on the bridge and was, in fact, kind of lacking in technical skills of most sorts. It wasn't too complicated, it just took time...

"I'm sorry, but I really have remarkably little faith in the Ketsurui family as a whole. One good seed doesn't save a decadent nation." She glanced towards Kairi. "Especially since so many of the best... seeds... are no longer a direct part of that war machine."

Lain ultimately came wandering back to the bridge, making his appearance a few seconds after Reis' comment. Not that it would have much mattered to him what she said, or to who, but if she meant to make nice with Kairi, that was just as well to him. Lain didn't like having enemies.

...granted, he had a hell of a lot of them, but most of those weren't his fault. Drugs had addled him, and liquors had drunkened him!

He leaned on the back of Reis' chair, and watched as she dealt with communications, somewhat slower. No words. Just observation.

Kairi finally disengaged from the hug, clearing her throat and brushing an imaginary piece of lint off her shoulder. She sniffed once. "Aa. Sorry, Toshi-kun..." She glanced slightly approvingly at Reis, then turned back to the viewscreens. She sat down for a moment to type a message that had needed typing for a while.

Quote:
Ken-san,
I have designed a power armor that would be relatively inexpensive to create, provided you let the combined interests of the SRSS Yggdrasill use the power armor replication chamber you acquired. This would not deprecate the value of the chamber in question, but it would be beneficial to the Ygg.
Attached are the concept drawings and specs of the armor in question.

She sent a carbon copy to Toshiro as well, which he would probably receive immediately.

Toshiro received the message and smiled, nodding...

"This seems like a nice design...good job, Kairi-san. If Ken does not agree, we can pursue making some out of more conventional materials, as well."

She's showing quite a bit of initiative...good.

Soon Remi's voice could be heard on the bridge. The doctor still had Serenity clinging to her on the floor. However this didn't stop her from speaking.

"Captain, I was wondering, will we be landing on Lor? Or not? If so I'd like to make a few purchases."

ON: Lor System, near Sourcian vessel.

The Zahl's commander evaluated the situation as he conversed with the treasuries and book keepers back on Lor through the chip embedded in his skull. He was authorized to negotiate payment and compensation, he also had Rebeka on the open comm frequency, so she would be able to give out orders to her ship as needed.

She had already commanded the ship to follow the Yggdrasil, sat with her fingers intertwined beneath her nose, elbows upon the negotiation table in the office she was within with the other delegates and generals. "I suggest the other ship escort it home."

Silently, the Zahl's commander spoke with Rebeka. "As you wish, I'll be sure to request that of them."

Toshiro waited for a reply, taking the opportunity to respond to Remi... "We will likely be going planet-side once this situation is resolved for shopping and general tourism....Though I have to wonder just what is happening down there."

The Zahl's commander responded to Toshiro. "Sorry, I had to confirm instructions from my superiors. You are to escort the alien vessel to Lor, upon arrival, you will be compensated for your time and effort."

Toshiro looked out to Maras, concerned, but nodded...it was outside his hands, and it WAS the ambassador's ship. "I understand...where will we land, and where should we disembark?"

"You will not have to land, your payment will be conducted in orbit for your convenience." The Zahl's commander replied as he smiled warmly, the look did not suit his slightly scarred face, but it was genuine.

"I would prefer it if they did." the ambassador said.

The Zahl's commander frowned slightly as he received the message. "Cancel that... the Ambassador informs me that she would rather you land..." A scowl replaced the smile for a moment, it looked a lot more at home.

Toshiro continued, noting the Ambassador's comment. "Well, I had hoped to land planet-side anyway and bring my crew as tourists....landing is no problem."

"Put me through to the commander of the vessel, Captain." Rebeka said.

"It is settled then, please follow us and we'll lead the way... thank you for your patience and effort Yggdrasill." The Zahl's commander smiled and nodded as he closed the channel, not paying mind to Rebeka until after the channel was closed. "Ambassador... I'm not here to be used as a pawn forever. We can take them back to Lor and you can speak to them there."

"Very well. I would like to also meet you in person to commend you for your efforts on my regard." Rebeka replied, watching him in the comm from the corner of her eye.

The Yggdrasill sent a brief message to Maras, telling it that Rebeka had asked them to escort him to Lor's surface, and then assumed a following position in relation to the Zahl... "SRSS Yggdrasill is ready, Lor."

"Very well then, we will speak sometime soon." The Zahl's commander nodded as he closed the channel. As he did this, he sent an acknowlegdement to the Yggdrasill, and soon, the two ships were in motion to the Lorath home world.

END

Ken awaited orders. He was fairly glad that everything had calmed down, but was kinda leery with meeting government officials.

Shaun had arrived at the medical bay to see the doctor being clung to by Serenity. He stopped at the door and lifted a brow "Uh....am I interrupting something here?"

ON: Lor System, 1,500 miles from the surface.

"This is the LSDF flight control, Yggdrasill, you are cleared for landing, Zahl Commander, your request for shuttle passage has been cleared, you are cleared to touch down on pad C5 near Devil's Landing." The LSDF control signal seemed to come from the remaining satellites which glided about above the Lor atmosphere. From space, the ball of rock and water seemed to have a tinge of red to it is air and abundant clouds, an apparent side effect of the lunar wreckage which still drifted through the air, but it was better than a global winter.

The Yggdrasill was prepared to follow the Zahl into the atmosphere, when it was given the proper vectors for entry. "This is Yuki Toshiro, Captain of the SRSS Yggdrasill. Also asking for clearance to land at the same location."

The flight controllers voice seemed to trail off for a moment. "Yggdrasill, please be sure to pull to the far end of the landing area assigned to you." It seemed that the flight controller was receiving instructions from someone else.

The Maras shifted it is course following between the Yggdrasill and the Zahl, the better tactical decision. Its hull organically rippled and warped, a dark black color taking its underbelly in place of the organic reds and grays. The engine prongs slid open on the shoulder-like axis against the primary hull with panels parting and opening across the hull the formation itself opening wider like a claw to maximize the craft's surface area. It was a strange sight to behold indeed.

Toshiro nodded, and ordered Ken to enter the atmosphere... "Acknowledged. Proceeding on vector two-one-five. Angles of entry nominal. Speed nominal...Entering atmosphere."

Remi peered down at the Helashio frowning a little. ~"Serenity dear, I'm going to need my torso back."~ The doctor replied kindly in the woman's native tongue.

Serenity pouted lightly and looked up to Remi with wet eyes. ~"Serenity scared..."~

Meanwhile, on the Zahl, the ship's commander and the sub commander boarded a Ferryman shuttle and launched for the planet. The small craft's large fusion engines blazed a trail behind it as it made a decent into the planet's atmosphere. After passing through enough of the outer atmosphere to the point of being beyond the searing burn of decent, the Ferryman-class shuttle made a slightly inclined vertical decent for the surface. Beneath the shuttle, the landing area which had recently gained a portion of fame awaited the Yggdrasill and Maras.

Remi sighed a little, and patted the Helashio's back gently. ~"We're fine see? No more trouble. it is all over."~ Her face softened a little at the pout however.

Toshiro kept the channel open, waiting for instructions...he doubted they wanted him to just step off the ship and wave.

Slowly, Serenity detangled herself from Remi, pouting as she crawl back and away from her and closer to the medical table.

As the shuttle and Yggdrasill neared the surface, a flurry of activity was visible on the neighboring strips of asphalt as the LSDF and Occhestain forces prepared the area for the landing of the Maras. The Yggdrasill was a mere technicality in their eyes, but none the less, there were a hand full of individuals from the Lorath Salvage Department waiting for the Yggdrasill's arrival, to negotiate compensation and plans for the crew.

Blazing oranges and burning ember hued colors shot and danced across the hull. The many protrusions seemed to emit some kind of pulse and the friction danced into a smooth ovaltine shape wrapped about the Maras as it pointed its nose toward the planet below and accelerated with abandon, passing the Yggdrasill quickly. The same flames seared across its surface as it negotiated the skies and came around once. It didn't know where it was supposed to set down.

Remi got up and eyed the front of her dress. "Hmm...now I've got to change." The doctor mumbled. Remi spotted the woman and gave a small smile before she went and began taking clothes out of her suitcase. ~"I'm going to go shopping once we are cleared to leave the ship. I'll get you something nice, What would Serenity like hmm?"~ She asked going behind a curtain now. The labcoat flipped over the top followed by her old dress as she began to change

There was another figure on the strip, one taller and seemingly much more important with the others. At least, that was he impression given from the way the others seemed to stray away from her.

Toshiro gave a small smiled and gave a quick ping to get the Maras' attention as it descended past. The Yggdrasill landed on the far end of the strip, as indicated.

On the landing strip below, a group of Occhestains bickered for a moment, before one of them settled on a mental image to project to the Maras. Within moments, an amplified signal was sent to the Maras. An imagery of the Maras landing beside the Yggdrasill was transmitted, along with a general sense of rest, wellbeing, and an image of Rebeka.

Serenity tilted her head and watched Remi. She didn't understand the question, about what she wanted.

Remi peeked her head out from behind the curtain only half dressed. Seeing the Helashio's reaction her lips compressed as she thought on how to word it properly. ~"A...reward? What does Serenity want for a reward?"~

~"But..Serenity not do..."~ This seemed to confuse the Helashio even further now.

The hull of the Maras rushed directly over the shuttle, flying by the landing tower, only to pull up onto its back in a U-turn. Sighting the landing post, the front windows flickered bright white twice. A sharp horizontal burst of thrust threw the Maras toward the designated landing area, rear engines and prongs positioned. There was an almighty thundering sound as the which air glided over the hull from the rapid acceleration clapped together. The Maras came down gently, rear engines swirling around to point at the ground, landing-gear baring itself. Sharply, the engines gave out and the Maras came down from about 30 feet in the air, smashing into the ground with a sharp thud which resonated through the pavement. Though the ship was unharmed, the landing floor beneath seemed to have taken the brunt of the stress.

Kairi had finally calmed down. She looked about; "Toshi-kun, what are your recommendations for efficient placement for me? Miyoshi-sama is with Serenity, but... I'm not sure.

~"Oh? You did something for me. When I was injured you helped me, and gave me food. That deserves a reward."~ Remi replied finally stepping out in a two piece dress of dark blue. The sleeves were separate from the top clinging to her arms, and the skirt was snuggly about her waist.

Toshiro looked at her, thinking hard for a moment... "Well, I guess for now you can stay on the bridge as the temporary XO if you want. You're allowed to come with us if Miyoshi-hakase stays, but Serenity can't stay here alone."

The Lorath forces stood in wait as they waited for the representative to arrive from the palace. The Occhestains assigned to communicating with the Maras sent the gunship an impression of patience and waiting.

Serenity was curled up underneath the table, tail swishing a little as she thought about it. The Berog was on her head, her chin on her forearms as she finally shrugged. ~"Mistress decide.."~

Just then, the ground shuddered, and Toshiro blinked, startled.

Kairi made a small 'oof' sound. "What was that...?"

Serenity yelped and began to shake again, whimpering as she grabbed her Berog and stuffed her face into it.

Remi eyed the woman, and pondered. The doctor knew nothing about Serenity so choosing something for her could prove difficult. The shudder just made the neko blink a little puzzled and then heard the yelp. Remi crouched close by the shaking girl with a reassuring smile. ~"it is okay..."~ Remi couldn't honestly think of anything else to say at this point.

A vehicle rolled across the runway at speed, slowing to come alongside the guards. The heavy door facing them gave a slow hiss as it slid away. A figure stepped along the ramp across the left side of the vehicle in uniform covered by a formal duster in the cold weather. Boots gave a distinct clink as the duster blew in the low wind to approach Toshiro and the others. Her voice was a low masculine tone and it seemed forced, her face almost covered by the high collar of the duster. "You there" she addressed Toshiro.

Toshiro eyed a panel on his left, and noted the officer. "Excuse me...I have to go meet someone..." He rose and left the bridge, moving to the rear of the ship. Soon, the cargo bay door opened... "I am Captain Yuki Toshiro of the SRSS Yggdrasill...who do I have the honor of addressing?"

Meanwhile, the Ferryman shuttle which was dispatched from the Zahl landed a few meters away. The Zahl's Commander, Hria, strode down the landing strip in the direction of the Yggdrasill.

The figure stood silently, wind kicking through the duster. Her hand rose and loosened, tugging the collar down about her chest to reveal her skin was stark white, ears crisp and pointed, eyes unnaturally red. Something seemed familiar but it wasn't clear enough for Toshiro to be able to put his finger upon it. "You escorted my vessel."

Toshiro blinked a moment then made a sound of recognition. "Ah...you are Ambassador Rebeka then. Welcome to our little corner of the universe!" He smiled, being as polite and accommodating as possible.

Remi comforted the Helashio a moment more before leaving the medbay. Slowly, but surely, the doctor soon found Toshiro, well, his back anyways and stood patiently behind him. The woman's arms were crossed below her chest as she cleared her throat a little. "I'm here captain." She said in a small voice.

She stepped forward and wrapped her arms about him, a tight embrace and a firm pat on the back. Her vocabulary was unusual to say the least. "Ah, Toshiro Yuki of the Yggdrasill? Welcome to Lor."

Kairi's eyes narrowed, watching from the ship.

A blue leather clad Lorath strode up to the group, he seemed to be slightly out of place in relation to the green leather clad individuals whom walked with him. On their uniforms were the initials LSD. "Excuse us, we're from the Lorath Salvage Department, can we have a moment of your time Captain?"

Toshiro was a bit surprised to say the least, when the alien woman hugged him...he hugged her back, unsure of what else to do, and wanting to be polite. He looked to the Salvage Department's representative and nodded. "Very well...when the Ambassador and the other sections of your government have concluded their business, okay?"

Remi eyed the who she could only assume was the Ambassador. However the doctor merely went from standing behind Toshiro to beside him quietly eyeing everyone.

"Oh... we were only wishing to discuss the matter of your compensation." The LSD representative stated. "I'm Weares, we communicated the deal which resulted in your contract of service."

The ambassador concluded her embrace and looked over the form of the Yggdrasills captain and then looked over to Weares. She was clearly glad to have her property returned to her but from the stern cold expression that returned, it wasn't apparent beyond the embrace that just took place.

Toshiro nodded as he was told this. "I wasn't trying to put you off or anything...this is merely unprecedented. I'm simply trying to prioritize...so exactly what were you thinking for compensation?" Toshiro honestly hadn't considered that returning something of this scale would be under their jurisdiction, but he WAS the one who found it, he supposed...

Weares reached into the large blue leather apron which he wore over the rest of his leathers. He looked something like an over glorified welder. Apparently, he is not just the face of the salvage operations, but he seems to be the hands-on sort. After pawing about in the apron's pocket, he pulled out a data pad and presented it to Toshiro. "You have a choice between a single modification to your ship, as can be chosen from the QnS and Occhestain manufactures, a small ship such as a shuttle, or free usage of our mental and genetic data back-up services."

Remi merely arched an eyebrow at the offers. This was Toshiro's negotiations after all, and would hold her silence.

Toshiro blinked, pondering the choices...he looked to see what kind of small ships they were offering, what sorts of modifications were being proposed, etc.

"Perhaps... You might wish to stay for some time." the ambassador suggested. "I'm quite sure you are uncomfortable with the modifications he made to your ship."

"Time, we seem to have some to spare... Captain, just use that data pad to get in touch with me when you're ready, I'll pass the word along to the technicians or manufacturers." Weares gave a respectful nod then motioned to the other LSD representatives that they were leaving. The group strode away from the Yggdrasill and into a nearby utility vehicle, which looked a lot like a Nepleslian garbage collection vehicle.

Toshiro looked back to Rebeka, and thought a moment. "Perhaps for a brief time at least...and actually, I'm not really bothered by the alterations. It seems to have a faster response time in general, better transmission calibration, and even...initiative. I have to wonder if it is more dynamic than the old one...and I will need time to decide which of these I want. If the Lorath extend the offer, I'll gladly accept."

From behind the group of occhestans stood a woman that was...well large by even Lorath standards. Her eyes were locked on the captain, the one talking with Weares. Her hair, a splattering of blood red die in white hair done into a multitude of braids. Some even had a few bells in them as she seemed to hold her distance from the group. Her red eyes seemed to hold a piercing quality to them.

Toshiro didn't notice, too wrapped up in everything that was happening at the moment, and everything that still needed done... "Oh...Miss Rebeka...you spoke of lost memories? In that case, I have information you will want...I'd like to speak to you and the Lorath representatives about it."

Rebeka loosened a leathery glove away from her hand, slipping it into a pocket. Upon her palm, a small red glistening circle rose from beneath the flesh as her arm hung at her side, permitting her to observe this new person. "Lost memories...?" Rebeka said, puzzled.

The Zahl's commander stopped before he completed his approach to the Yggdrasill, when he saw the tall Fyunnen near the Yggdrasill, he motioned to his sub commander to make a retreat.

Remi snorted a little arms still neatly folded. The doctor looked up to Toshiro a moment and then at Rebeka. It was clear she had something on her mind, but simply chose not to say.

He nodded. "Maras said your memory was damaged somehow...and..." The rest was whispered to her... "That you had another with you...according to Maras, it is a sort of biological Power Armor....named 'X'."

A grey uniform clad LSDF member strode to Rebeka and offered a salute. "Ambassador, we have a question... what does he... er.. she... eat?" He asked, obviously in reference to the Maras.

The ambassador looked over at the LSDF member and thought for a moment. She had only known Lorath for a month but spoke it quite fluently though with little enthusiasm. "Raw materials, biological and synthetic. Meats and ores would suffice and generous amounts of sunlight."

"Would artificial sunlight suffice?" As the soldier asked, he glanced over his shoulder and gave a gesture and silent telepathic signal. Inwardly, he was thankful that they were on the outskirts of the city, hopefully the local farmland would be able to produce enough meat for the Maras, he knew full well that raw ores were in surplus, at least since the moon fall.

"Indeed. Provided it is intense enough, the ship can suffice with soil in place of meats." the ambassador responded. She focused the eye upon her palm subtly upon the tallest figure and noted the command of the Zahl's captain.

The woman remained where she had been before. She would approach after the two were done talking, or if she were called over.

Toshiro waited patiently for the two to finish talking before speaking again...he wanted to know Rebeka's response to the knowledge of another alien.

"We will be sure that the vessel is well fed... my crews are also wondering if we should address it as a he or a she. They do not wish to offend it when they are speaking near it." The soldier inquired as a flurry of communications ran through the neural processor embedded in his skull. He silently signed dozens of requisitions for ores, meats, and even scrap.

The ambassador, Rebeka, gave no response. She didn't seem interested in such things. "Though it is gender neutral, I address him as a male. However, there are times when it may be better to address him as a her. Until he decides what gender he is of his own volition, it is unimportant."

It was now that Toshiro spoke. "I believe Maras called itself male...or at least Miyoshi-hakase referred to him as such. Did he say he was male, Miyoshi-hakase?"

Remi perked up at her name being mentioned. "He spoke to me in a male voice Captain." She replied calmly, now looking attentive.

Toshiro scratched his head. "Oh...come to think of it, he addressed me in a female one..."

Remi arched an eyebrow at Toshiro's answer. "I see..."

The LSDF soldier nodded before delivering three salutes in rapid fire, first to Toshiro, then to Rebeka, then to the imposing Lorath warrior which stood nearby. The soldier then began to bark orders at the various other LSDF troops in the area.

It was now that Toshiro noticed the warrior...he was startled at seeing someone so tall, but avoided staring or doing anything rude...it was obvious he noticed, though.

Shortly after the orders were shouted, one of the tall mecha dubbed "Bringer Of Thunder" began to stroll away from the Maras and the Yggdrasill, it stepped over a nearby fence and into some nearby farmland.

Rebeka watched the mechanical form lumber forth away from the two ships and turned her head to look back at the tallest form she had spotted earlier.

The warrior frowned a little as she saw his startled expression. Compared to the other warriors in the area, she was better dressed. Seemingly in a dress uniform, she wore a somewhat tight leather outfit, obvious outlines over plates of metal under layers of leather, she had a small cape that came just to the top edge of her rear, and beautifully crafter gauntlets inlaid with gems, boots the same way. All the gems, each which looked the size of Toshiro's fist, were a blood red color.

Toshiro noticed her expression and an apologetic look crossed his face. He smiled and waved, a sort of apology/greeting. "Anyway, Ambassador...what do you wish to do? You seem to have another comrade unaccounted for..."

Remi just stood there now quiet, and her expression quite impassive. Her gaze lingered on the tall Lorath warrior for a moment, as if considering. However, the doctor returned her gaze back towards Rebeka silently observing.

"I have already relegated an agent to search for my comrade. I expect results within the week." she pronounced onto Toshiro. "I would like to enjoy my time and strengthen my relationship with both you and your crew and fulfill my obligations here to strengthen my relationship with the Lor."

Toshiro nodded. "I'm flattered, Ambassador...please keep in mind that I am not a political power in myself...I am of the same race as the Yamataian vessel you dealt with, as is my crew...though I find myself under whelmed by their conduct in this matter, even if they are my representative government. My crew is quickly becoming a rare case of a cross-cultural group, though. There is quite a bit of racial tension in this area of space, normally."

The ground rumbled beneath the feet of the group as the 'Bringer of Thunder' which was dispatched earlier made it is return over the fence of the landing area. It carried a large cargo container like those which would be seen on many different planets to move livestock. It slid open the door and poured out a dozen head of some sort of beast which looked like a rhino that overate for a decade, these chubby beasts looked about absently as they were guided along by a single finger of the large humanoid mecha.

Toshiro watched this, wondering what was about to happen... "...Are those livestock?"

As the large mech approached the Maras, it paused for a moment. The pilot made the mech do a rather universal shrugging gesture. The solider from before ran back to Rebeka. "Uh... Ambassador, the pilot would like to know where his mouth is."

Remi just blinked at what was happening. "I don't know captain." She mumbled just watching a slight bit of interest showing.

Toshiro almost fell over...he managed to restrain himself, and looked as dignified as possible.

"It doesn't have a mouth as you know it" the ambassador noted. The hull of the craft shone briefly, a gravimetric distortion dragging the live-stock container toward its hull.

The container smashed against the hull, a high-pitched shrill as blades extended and ripped the container to bits, swallowing up the fragments. The ambassador coughed and suggested that the ship not be fed live food.

"Well... what does it have?" The soldier asked Rebeka. Meanwhile, the pilot of the mech raised her brow at the container. "This is not going to be easy, is it?" She asked herself.

Toshiro stared at the ship, quite surprised... "...Maras must be VERY hungry...and lacks manners and mercy for its food to boot."

"I suggest you stay away from it and tell it what is food and what isn't. He was contemplating that mechanical walker of yours." Rebeka chuckled.

soldier nodded in understanding. "We don't really mind the sight of such things... we've seen worse in the last few months." The solider gestured to the Bringer Of Thunder in a series of signs. The mecha's head nodded once. The massive metallic hand picked up one of the large four legged piles of meat and dropped the simple minded creature upon the ship's hull.

Rather than the bladed teeth, the creature seemed to sink into the liquid hull of the Maras, disappearing without a trace.

When Rebeka went into further explanations, the soldier's pale face almost seemed to go bleached white. He turned to the communications team and shouted in Lorath rather quickly. Soon, the team devised a quick imagery which was sent to the Maras. It was of a rather large pair of lips which sucked in a rather simple image of one of the livestock.

Toshiro looked back to the warrior, curious as to her role... "Are we to be under guard during our stay or something? I've seen a particularly strong woman in the crowd that seems focused on me..."

Remi just studied all this thoughtfully.

The Maras continued this action, dragging the livestock with a gravitational shift, ferrying them toward it is hull. They disappeared rather quickly, one by one and in a minute, there were none. They could have just as easily have been the soldiers.

The Fyunnen turned her head to watch the ship, but seemed unphased otherwise by the thing really. After a thoughtful moment, she turned back to watch the others.

"Hmm, he's a quick eater isn't he." Remi murmured to Toshiro.

The Occhestain communication team devised a quick series of images which were forwarded to the Maras. An image of a Maras with a mouth sucking in a Lorath was paired with a facial expression of Rebeka showing distain. An image of a Maras with a mouth devouring mounds of dirt and more of the overweight livestock were matched with images of a pleased Rebeka.

Toshiro agreed. "Well, he DID just regenerate a lot of his body...wouldn't you be hungry if you had to regenerate a limb or two, Miyoshi-hakase?"

"I've had to do so numerous times." Remi replied thoughtfully to him.

The Maras sent a negative reaction. The images were invasive and it was somewhat more intelligent than an animal. Rebeka however didn't seem quite such as she eyed Toshiro. "Yes, I would."

The group of Occhestains assigned to communicating looked disgruntled as one of them sent a message of apology to the Maras. Through the aid of an external neural processor, the Occhestain communication specialist began to transmit to the ship in basic Sourcian. "This damned thing gives me a headache when I try to use it without the routing device..." The communications expert complained vocally.

Toshiro continued to wonder at the presence of the large Lorath woman, and what this would all mean for his crew...

"Indeed" Rebeka uttered, turning about to face the woman in question.

Remi shook her head a little at the Occhestains. "When I communicated with him I used simple telepathy with emotions interlaced. He responded to me well enough it may work for you as well."

After walking off the bridge and getting his emerald duster, and pinning it with his rank pin, Ken walked out onto the ramp, and took a breath. "Mmm...fresh air, and a world I've never been to. Sounds good to me." he said to no one in particular as he walked down toward Toshiro. Unless one had a very trained eye, one would not notice the very slight bulges that indicated his usual dual pistols under his duster.

Toshiro smiled. "Hey, Ken...Welcome to Lor...we're in the middle of an important and potentially historic situation. Please respect the wishes of the Lorath, and this woman, as much as possible. It will be good command training in diplomacy for you."

The larger Fyunnen that waited seemed to notice. Immediately her eyes locked on the bulges, watching him closely for any mores. She seemed to be a dangerous woman.

Rebeka noted Ken's presence, a face she was unfamiliar with among many. "May I suggest we enter a warmer place?"

Ken nodded, bowing in respect to the people indicated. "I hope I didn't do something wrong already. My sincerest apologies." he says, straightening, seeing the large woman noticing his guns. Knowing about this kind of situation, he made no further attempts to hide his pistols, or to show them off.

Remi merely arched an eyebrow as she watched Ken. The doctor sighed to herself.

Toshiro took a moment to realize what was going on and nodded at the tall woman, acknowledging he'd deal with the issue. "Ken, this is a VERY delicate situation...could you go inside and instruct the crew that they shouldn't bring any weapons of any sort with them if they leave the ship? All weapons should be locked away in their various locations for now...and certainly, Ambassador. I invite you on board the Yggdrasill, if the Lorath don't have more suitable accommodations prepared."

"You're learning Toshiro." Remi replied with a small smile. Seems he was picking up diplomacy quite fast.

"As of late, I have been treated as some form of celebrity. I am sure they will extend the same courtesy with what I am about to give them over the coming days." Rebeka said, something reassuring about her words.

Ken nods. "At once, Capt'n." he said, secretly grateful for the small hint to go lock up his pistols, as he went back aboard the ship. Pressing a button in the hatch, he brought on the intercom. "All hands, please make sure all weapons are locked down. We may have guests. That is all." he said, making a light jog to his bunk to drop off his twin weapons.

The solider which had been standing nearby looked to the armor clad female and nodded his head and stepped away quietly, as if to say 'I'm sorry for being in the way.'

Toshiro looked between the two, not quite understanding... "...Ano..."

Seeing her cue now, the larger woman strode up to the off world group. Her braids swished around a little, and as she drew closer the bells at the bottom of a few of the braids were heard now. That, and the creak of her leather were all that were heard. Her footfalls were completely silent as she drew closer. Her body only looked that much more imposing as she drew closer, the gems on her outfit sparkling as many more were seen. This was indeed a dress uniform. Her face was grim as she came closer, but as she drew in, it seemed to soften some. As she reached speaking distance, her hands slipped from behind her back, resting a small crown on her forehead. It had a large ruby in the middle of it, the size of his fist again, as two diamonds rested on the sides of the ruby, two emeralds and sapphires on either side of them. As she came to a halt in front of the group, her grim expression slowly melted into a warm smile. She spoke what seemed like perfect English. "Greetings from house Fyunnen, and welcome to Lor. I am Lumuham lrnec'cdyn Obelisk Fyunnen, Princess of House Fyunnen, and your guide for your stay on Lor. I hope you will not find myself to uncomforting..." She gave a deep bow to the ground, again the leather creaking as two long blades were made apparent now, the sheaths strapped to her back, or maybe stitched to the fabric. As she straightened back up, she peered down at the group in a warm way. She didn't seem that intimidating...

Remi blinked a few times as she had to tilt her head back to look up at the large Lorath female. She kept her expression neutral however, and remained silent. This was all Toshiro's game now.

Rebeka's eyes blinked twice, the pale blue paint upon her eyelids revealed. Something about this person pleased her, eliciting a smile from her lips. Her duster was stuffed in the nook between her arm and her body, hand deftly slid into a pocket. Though she said nothing, this was a new and for her rather exciting experience as an alien to this world.

Toshiro wasn't as intimidated now, and smiled, returning the bow. "Captain Yuki Toshiro of the SRSS Yggdrasill. it is an honor to meet you Princess...thank you for coming here personally. I must admit that I'm surprised...and you're not uncomfortable at all, ma'am."

Remi bowed in return and wore a small smile. " I am Remi Miyoshi, the doctor aboard the SRSS Yggdrasill. An honor and a pleasure princess." She replied as formally as she could.

PAUSE

Ken came back down the ramp, having releived himself of his weapons and holsters. "I'm sorry to interrupt, if I am, but do you want me to stay with the ship, or come with, Capt'n?" he asked, trying to be fairly polite.

Kairi stalked out of the ship as well, her eyes slightly narrowed. "The same question also applies to me," she intoned with a slight angry pitch. She unconsciously touched the now-empty composite-plastic holster integrated in her bodysuit, where she normally kept her combat knives.

Toshiro blinked, thinking a moment.

"Well...I don't WANT to leave anyone behind, but Serenity isn't allowed to set foot on Lor without her memory being erased...and she doesn't strike me as one who I would want to leave alone in a confined vessel. She seems like a child...I guess we can take volunteers or draw lots. We can try shifts, as well."

"I would prefer shifts. That way we some of us who need it can get some much needed rest." Ken said, his hand on his hip.

Remi went from looking thoughtfully at the Fyuunen princess to her fellow crewmates. Hearing all this the doctor sighed inwardly, and shook her head.

"I would volunteer had I not the need to make some purchases here." One slender finger tapped a thigh patiently. "Some of your medical supplies are...lacking. Not to mention I have a few personal things I'd like to buy. Perhaps sample the Lorath cuisine, and take in the sights as well as some of the culture if permitted."

Remi was ticking off things she had planned, not only for herself but for someone else as well. But, sadly, they'd already left, and the message she had sent would have to suffice for now. She blinked as she seemed to comeback to reality. "I must apologize, it is not everyday one gets to go to a place they've wanted to go to for sometime."

Toshiro scratched his head. "Well, I don't know if I'm ABLE to stick around, unless you or Kairi were permitted to act as my representative for a time...would that work, Princess? Rebeka?" He asked, turning to them...they seemed to see him as their representative.

The Princess nodded lightly.

"Of course you are permitted. It is in fact why I am here, to explain any questions and hopefully keep a sword out of your shoulder." Obelisk smirked, laughing a little at what she saw as a joke. She thought it was funny...

With a small sigh she looked to Toshiro. "It would be perfectly acceptable sir. But I am wondering who it was that told you that your Helashio could not come planet side..." At this the woman seemed to take on a touch of a darker look.

"We are integrating the Helashio race more and more into the work place, and slowly working them to have more freedom. It is a gradual process yes, but it is so they are not scared and shocked by the sudden rush of new information and things. So to say that you would need to wipe her mind...Well that is just false."

The larger woman shook her head, glaring a little as she thought over who would have given that order.

Toshiro seemed a bit worried for a split second, until he realized the joke and smiled. This smile was broader at the mention of Serenity's right to go planetside.

"Good! I was worried...to choose between erasing her mind and never letting her see her home again...it was like choosing the lesser of two evils....maybe you can also tell me how you plan to introduce them to concepts of freedom and ownership. I'm having trouble telling the poor girl that she is her own owner. She thinks us her masters...also some of us want to go shopping, general tourist things...and I must give more data to Miss Rebeka. Maras told us that there was another with her at one time, and gave us very basic data on a unit called 'X'..."

Shaun had started down the ramp of the ship with his hands in his pockets. He had changed into a simple black shirt and jeans and on his shirt was the insignia Toshiro had given him . Around the top of his head was some simple bandaging. He stopped just past the main hatch and pulled his hands from his pockets and tucked his necklace into his shirt, the last thing he needed was to offend this many people at once.

He looked around for a moment and called down to Toshiro Hey Captain, what's going on out here?

The taller woman blinked a few times at the rapid fire questions, sorting them out in her head and she began to answer what she could.

"Well, it will be a long process and really the only problem of it. They have been made to think this from birth, as were we."

Obelisk shrugged a little as she thought it over. "Simply humor her...she was a special case."

She shrugged lightly, her tone seemingly one that did not wish to really speak of what had happened. With a sigh she shook her head a little before she turned her eyes back on Toshiro.

"As for the shopping, how long will you be with us? And on top of that what do you wish to shop for? We have everything from clothing stores, to supplies," She nodded as she looked to Remi, "to weaponry and a few other items. on top of that, if you access our planetary interface, you can look up tourist attractions. Might I suggest going on the Gem hunt. Gems such as this are not completely uncommon..." She held up a gauntleted hand which had a ruby the size of her hand embedded into the metal gauntlet.

"But, as I said there are many things to do on Lor, from a bike ride through the main city, to a trip to our beach...es..." With a little laugh, she rubbed the back of her head, a sheepish smile on her face.

"There I go..I always seem to put on this silly act. Sorry about that. Anyways, which would you rather do? Go see the city first, or go ahead and head to your rooms. You each have a room reserved in the main palace in one of the four areas, whichever is your choosing."

She gave another small bow before straightening again and waiting for their decision.

Toshiro

Remi just listened to the princess' words, and that of everyone else. After a while the doctor merely wore a small vague smile.

"Hmmm...beaches sound splendid...it'd mean I would have to go shopping for a bathing suit however." The neko looked down at her dress thoughtfully for a moment then back up.

"It is up to the captain however to decide where we go I suppose." Remi looked up to Toshiro as she said this.

Toshiro gave a smile.

"Well, beaches sound nice, as does the Gem Hunt...I also would like to explore the city as well, though I know of some people who also require rest after all of this...if anyone here speaks up and wishes to go rest in the palace first, we can drop them off, and they can do their own thing later. As for how long we stay, I'm not sure. Our planned departure route closed behind us with the Mishhuvurthyar advance. I'll have to come up with an alternative before we can leave."

He then scratched his head.

"How much does it cost to participate in the gem hunt anyway?"

"Well, I feel like getting some shopping in before I got sleep.....find some new gun parts, and some tools....can't smith with out the right tools..." Ken said, thinking out loud.

Shaun looked around for a moment. His eyes kept coming back to the ship they landed with. It was like watching a stray dog trying to behave well enough to make it to the next day.

He shrugged it off as he remembered what he needed to do. "oh....that's right.." He looked around for a moment before asking "Does anyone around here sell android frames and parts?"

"The pricing on the gem hunt is two thousand KZ per person, then eight thousand KZ for a group of five. Included in this price is the option of rock climbing, or providing your own means of transportation, and it also includes all the gems you collect, you keep."

Obelisk nodded lightly befroe she looked over to the one who had spoken about tools.

"For that, we have many shops in the Fyunnen district that can both sell you your own supplies, as well as create a customized weapon, personalized for your specifications."

To Driker, Obelisk explained with a touch of annoyance in her tone.

"For Cyborg parts you would be best served in the...Occhestan district. They deal in those sort of items."

Whether it was the classic struggle between brain and brawn, or it was another item of annoyance, the others would be unsure of. As she realized that there had been one other question, her smile returned.

"As to the beaches, we will need to arrange a Llamnel escort. The beaches in the surrounding area are all resting spots of a great beast of Lor, and he tends to be...very...protective of the beaches he visits, trust me..."

She laughed a little as she rubbed her neck and sighed, recalling her first trip when she was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back