• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 13.5 - Downtime: Shin --is-- a pervert! |Mini-JP|

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

ON: YSS Senbu

Shin sighed, wandering through the corridors of the Anri-class DSRV YSS Senbu, aimlessly walking. He still had on his mind the Shoi's words to him, the Shosa's hatred of him, and his sheer uselessness in battle.

Kuriko had just finished up with the business that had to be taken care of and was on her way to her quarters when she noticed Shin walking down the hall looking kinda down. "What's wrong, Shin?" Kuriko asked as she fell in step with the taller Yamataian.

Shin looked over at Kuriko, smiling at her, though still looking depressed. "Heisho, Do you really think I'm a useful addition to Pride Wing?"

Kuriko continued walking next to the Hei. "Of course. Why do you ask that?" Kuriko silently decided to try to help the Hei, and first she had to know what it was completely wrong so that she could help him out.

Shin looked up at the corridor's ceiling, thinking. To be honest, he didn’t really have much faith in himself. "Kuriko, I feel useless. Constantly. I'm a horrible pilot, and a horrible hand-to-hand fighter. The captain hates me. That Shoi with the aviators hates me. Hell, I guess the only reason i haven't been thrown out the airlock is 'cause I'm more useful as a human shield."

"Well, I think I've been in a similar position. I'm not exactly a stunning pilot myself, if you haven't noticed." Kuriko chuckled a little before continuing. "Let me ask you a question, do you consider Endoh-Shosa to be competent at her job?" As Kuriko walked she held her hands behind her back.

“Of course she is. If she wasn't, Rin would be dead right now, and we would've failed the mission." Shin shot back, getting a bit heated

"Then know this, she chose you to be in this wing. If she is, like you and I believe, a competent Shosa then she believed that you have something to offer. If she felt you were useless, you probably wouldn't have even made it on ship. I'm not sure what you could have done to make her angry, and I'm not quite sure who this 'Shoi with the aviators' is, but I do know this: If you were selected to serve in the Pride Wing, then you have something to contribute. It may not even be what you think it is or should be, but it is there." Kuriko grew silent once she was done speaking and waited for Shin's response.

Shin thought over what she said, and smiled, hugging the smaller girl lightly. "Thank you Kuriko. I understand now. I shouldn't fight for personal glory or whatnot, I have to fight so that other people don't have to."

That wasn't exactly what Kuriko was getting at, but she decided to let Shin think whatever he wanted. "Now tell me how you made this 'aviator Shoi' angry at you." Kuriko said after Shin had released her.

Shin thought back, thinking about the Dojo. "I think I was sparring Hoshitomo-Hei, and I lost because I let my anger get control of me. He told me that while such insubordination works in Pride Wing, he would never let such actions go on in Gold Wing." Shin shrugged.

Kuriko twitched a little, she didn't know who the Shoi was, but they didn't seem to approve of her leadership 'style'. "Anger can be your worst enemy. When angered you don't think as clearly, it's almost carnal. You just do whatever seems best right away. Anyway, how were you being insubordinate?" Kuriko asked again. A pair of yammering nekos walked by as the pair walked.

"Oh, I hugged Rin, and the momentum caused my lips to brush against her cheek. So the Shoi got pissed at me, and so did Rin." Shin stretched, cracking his neck.

"Hmm, isn't insubordination disobeying a superior officers orders? Either way...you probably shouldn't have tried to kiss Rin, that's bordering sexual harassment there." Kuriko sighed. "Well, maybe this will brighten your day a little, I managed to requisition some of the parts you asked for. Some of them were denied, but after some discussion I managed to get the VAW and the..." Kuriko paused as she tried to remember the other part that she had managed to acquire for the Daisy."...Type 29 Armor Service Pistol I think it was." Kuriko finished after a few seconds.

Shin mumbled something under his breath, then smiled widely when Kuriko told him the good news. He Hugged her tightly, actually picking her up and spinning her around a few times, before realizing what he had done. He blushed, putting her down, and tried to look stern and disciplined. "Thank you, Shifuda-Heisho."

If she hadn't realized it before, it now dawned on the neko that Shin was the touchy feely type, which was quite fine with Kuriko as that made speaking with him a little easier. "No problem Shin." Kuriko responded. "What are you up to now?" Kuriko asked Shin, hoping she could join him in whatever it was he was doing.

Shin quickly realized, that in his stupor of depression, he had managed to get himself lost. "I don't know. I was just wandering around and stuff, and I think I got lost."

Kuriko chuckled again before smiling sweetly at the Yamataian. "Saa, what would you like to do then? We could do anything you want." Kuriko offered.

Shin immediately started blushing, his arguably perverted mind stressing the anything, before pushing it down for his dreams. "I would suggest we could go exercise, but that wouldn't do much to dispel the rumors of me being a muscle-bound idiot." Shin thought, thinking about what he's seen that Kuriko likes. "I can tell you about my religon and my family's martial arts over cake?"

Kuriko thought about it for a second, "Hmm, perhaps we could do something else. I've eaten a few times already today, as for exercise..." Kuriko knew she should exercise but decided it could be ignored for a little longer, "Well, I don't particularly want to exercise. What if we went to check up on our armors? You know, clean them a little. We are in charge of maintaining them after all." Kuriko had spent the better part of the night looking through loadouts and modules for the Daisy and Mindy, and she had some ideas that she wanted to try out.

Shin nodded. "That'd be nice. We'd be able to work out ways to better utilize the Daisies in combat."

With Kuriko's help the pair easily found the lift and rode it to the Pride Wing's launch bay. When they arrived they would find the bay as busy as it usually was, with engineers running this way and that. "Where would you like to start?" Kuriko asked the Hei as they walked in.

Shin paused, his hand on his chin, thinking. "We should get the Daisies out of the way first, due to them being less modular than the Mindies." He began walking over to his Byakko, smiling.

Kuriko followed behind the Yamataian, "What are you thinking?" Kuriko asked as she looked at what it was that his DAISY had equipped.

"The Daisy's slow, so I need a better long range weapon for it. The LASR should do well. And we should replace the Left arm with a VAW, just in case I'm ever forced to fight in close quarters."

"Hmm, that's a good idea, but unfortunately we don't have a VAW right now, so we can't exactly replace it yet." Kuriko said, "What about the missile pods, do you have any ideas for those?"

Shin thought about something. "Kuriko, do you know if we have any Bladed Aether/Scalar Submachine guns in stock? We could use that, along with the countermeasure augmentation pods to use me in a Electronic warfare role."

"Hmm, I'm not sure we do to be honest. I don't even know what's back there myself. I read last night that you can use a clip with that Aether rifle thingy, so maybe you could use that?" Kuriko suggested

Shin nodded. "Let's move onto the Mindies."

Kuriko walked up to the control panel in front of Sigmund. "I think I know what I want to change, I found the teleportation module to be extremely useful, but I think I want to try using the "Shrike" loadout a little. Kuriko said as she selected a gauss cannon to be equipped on the left shoulder slot. "I think I'll still have good mobility and a higher damage output this way." Kuriko said before turning back to Shin. "I want to clean it as soon as it's reequipped though, you don't have to join me if you don't want to." Kuriko said trying to offer Shin a way out from wiping down and polishing a Mindy.

Shin shook his head. "No no, I'll help. Looking after one's armor is one of the duty's of a pilot."

It took Kuriko a little searching before she finally found a pair of rags as well as some polishing cloth solvent to make stuff shiny again, but once she found it, she started cleaning her armor. The neko paid close attention to every part, and was silent as she reflected on the few fights that she had experienced through Sigmund's body. "Tell me about yourself." Kuriko broke the silence after about 10 minutes.

Shin looked over at Kuriko. "There's not much to tell, I figure. I was raised on Yamatai, in the city of Malifar. My father was the current grandmaster of my family's school, my mom was in all aspects his equal and his companion. They both died in the Plauge." Shin looked at the ground. "I spent a few months in and out of foster homes until I was put back into the care of my extended family. I guess you could say I devoted myself...

"To the study of the martial arts to cope with my loss. I was pretty introverted and quiet back then, until my cousin, Kenshiro, took me under his wing. He's a great guy, you'd like him." Shin smiled at Kuriko, the mention of his cousin cheering him up.

Kuriko glanced at the Yamataian's glasses when he spoke of Kenshiro. "Did he wear glasses as well?" Kuriko asked.

Shin took off his pair, looking at the rectangular framed specs. "Yeah. These are the ones he wore when he was in the Star Army."

"So he is out of the military now right?" Kuriko asked Shin as she finished up the left arm of the mindy.

Shin made sure to wipe down every inch of the mindy. "Yeah. Right now, he's teaching at my family's Dojo. He told me it would be a learning experience if I joined the Star Army."

"Has he been right so far?" Kuriko didn't look up as she asked this, instead she started to focus more on making sure the neck of the mindy was clean before she started to move to the unit's chest.

Shin was cleaning the unit's feet. "You could say that, in a way."

Kuriko finished the chest, and looked at Shin. "I think Sigmund is taken care of now, wanna work on Byakko?" Kuriko placed special emphasis on Shin's armors name since she wasn't sure that she had gotten it right.

Shin smiled. "That would be great, Thank you for the help." Shin stood up, walking over to Byakko and started to clean it. "You know. I wish I could customise Byakko a bit."

"Oh, what do you mean?" Kuriko asked as she followed Shin over.

Shin motions towards the armor's eye, tracing a jagged line towards the back of the head. "Something like that, in red. I guess." Shin wiped off where he had placed his finger, then started scrubbing the armor's chest

Kuriko watched before replying, "Well, we don't exactly own them. Besides, uniformity is good don't you think?" Kuriko asked as she started to clean the left arm of the DAISY. "When an enemy sees a wing of all identically colored armors, it has a certain....effect on it. Sure a single unit might look neat with its own customizations but as a whole it's more....scary the other way. At least that's my opinion." Kuriko said before she started to clean between each individual finger, paying special attention to the knuckles and joints on the hands.

Shin chuckled. "No way, it's a total psychological effect. Like, if they see an all white armor, they'll be thinking that they're facing a pilot who never backs down from an opponent. Or if they see a red one, they'll expect him to be like three times faster than the average armor."

"I don't know, if I were a combatant I'd target the one armor that's different." Kuriko shrugged as she moved up the arm to work on it's elbow some. "After all, usually commanding officers have better equipment or stand out more. But if I saw a whole wing of completely different colored Mecha I wouldn't respect it. But I guess that is where we're different." Kuriko decided that arguing over something beyond their control was silly anyway.

Shin smiled. "Yeah, I guess you're right." Shin stepped back, looking at Byakko. "Though, I would look it if they didn't give all armors breasts."

Is he a pervert!?! Kuriko suddenly wondered as she resisted the urge to cover up her own breasts with her arms. "I don't think it's that bad. It looks smooth at least. Besides, they won't know you're a guy inside. Nobody here can criticize you for piloting it." Kuriko said.

Shin shrugged. "I guess you're right. I can see why Endo-Shosha put you in command." He smiled at Kuriko, and went back to cleaning his armor

Kuriko laughed. "Well, I guess that makes one of us at least." Kuriko said jokingly. As she cleaned the armor, Kuriko reviewed the packs available to the Mindy and thought of something. "I just thought of something, but it would reduce our ability to defend against missiles, but allow us to get you guys into combat rather quickly but still be able to escape if necessary." Kuriko said looking up at Shin.

Shin looked back at Kuriko. "I was thinking of something along those lines as well. Using the leg capacitors?"

Kuriko nodded excitedly to Shin. "Yep, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not. We'd be at a larger risk. We could have the DAISYs use the countermeasures and pair up with MINDYs then, but that greatly weakens their own firepower." Kuriko seemed stumped by this impasse.

Shin thought. "We could use shuttles to get us to and from the battlefield, and to give us fire support. I mean, Nespleslian Armor does use that tactic often."

"I don't know, I doubt we'll always have that luxury. We've made it this far without doing that." Kuriko said as she mentally looked over the list of MINDY addons.

"We could always hope that KFY comes out with a new armor me and Hara can fit in, that isn’t slow." Shin scratched the back of his head, chuckling at his joke

"I thought of it. We could use a shoulder capacitor instead, just replace one gauss canon or equipment rack. That will give us the extra jump we need without issue I think." Kuriko didn't even hear Shin's joke until after she finished speaking. "Or...we could do that" The neko laughed a little with Shin after that.

Shin smiled at Kuriko, looking at her eyes. Shifuda-Heisho really has nice eyes. Maybe I'm just now noticing because I've never really spent time with her. Shin subconsciously started to blush.

By that point the pair had basically cleaned the entire armor, Kuriko noticed Shin blushing but decided not to pursue it, I hope he's not looking at my.... Kuriko's arms instinctively moved to cover her breast before she could think about it. "Hmm, perhaps we should go ahead and leave." Kuriko suggested. "I want to look and see if this has been attempted before, and I still need to do some more research on the parts anyway." Kuriko said, trying to make up a reason to escape.

Shin smiled, and bowed to Kuriko, before leaving the hangar.

With that Kuriko also set off, back to the safety of her room.

END

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back