• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 13 - Downtime: Bouncetastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

ON: YSS Senbu

The morning's events were over, the crewmembers who’d participated in the Senbu’s third mission were promoted in ceremony and now had the time to relax and enjoy the luxury of free time. With the next battle far off in their minds, the crew was able to go about their afternoon duties with a calm pace.

Shizuka, at this time, was in her office, sitting at her desk with both lion orbs cast up to Nicholas. Her fingers were interlaced as usual, her elbows propped up on the desk. "So, you had something you wanted to talk with me about?" she asked, even though he really didn't say anything, the Lioness' senses were sharp as ever. Plus, she anticipated a conversation about his promotion.

“Pardon me, Shizuka?” Nicholas asked in a bewildered tone, a look of innocent question washed over his face. Indeed, he did wish to speak with her about his the ranking situation, but hadn’t voiced any concerns to her yet, and was ill-prepared to do so now. I know that I’m not that transparent, he thought. Perhaps she is mistaken. The newly-promoted Taii stood in silence for a few more moments before speaking. “I don’t recall having anything that required discussion. Is there something that I am unaware of that I should be wanting to talk to you about, Shosa?” he asked, making sure to use her rank despite having become used to using her given name.

She glanced off to the side for a moment and sighed lightly. "Nick, I want you to know something." She then sighed a little deeper to regain her composure before drifting her eyes back up to his. "Though, I really do care for you, personally. That wasn’t the reason for your promotion. I promoted you because after reviewing the combat, I think you deserve the rank. You did well to take charge and lead a carrier-sized vessel such as this into combat and came out victorious. Plus, I intend on keeping you, my executive officer, at a high standing administrative position on this ship so we do not disrupt the ladder of command." Shizuka placed her hands down on the desk, and smiled lopsidedly. "That is, if that’s what you were concerned about..." the Captain’s speech seemed a little prepared, revealing that it wasn’t really the look on his face. It was more that she has expected him to bring up a conversation on the topic, and in her nervousness she jumped the gun, so to speak.

Nicholas listened diligently as Shizuka spoke, his arms crossed at his chest wearing a stern, contemplative expression. “I see,” he said after she had finished. “The thought did cross my mind,” he explained, understating his true feelings about the matter, “but I trusted your confidence in me, as I always have. Thank you for clearing that up, Shizuka,” he finished, saying the last part a little more sincerely than the rest. “Is that all that is on your mind? You’ve been acting uncharacteristically… how should I say it… melancholy for such a strong person,” Nicholas spoke, his eyes darting to her small shrine for a quick moment, “Is there anything about our mission for the Star Army that concerns you?”

"Ah, have seemed a little distant?" Shizuka asked for a moment, pursing her lips to the side. Then after a moment of silence, she began to laugh, lifting a hand to cover her face. She continued to laugh for a good few minutes, probably making Nick feel awkward. But she was finding her situation a little pathetic, after all she was the Red Lion of the 1st XF, she didn't have time to have a weak side, right? "Ah, I'm so not fit for this," Shizuka said with a sigh, looking up at Nick then following his eyes to glance to her Onee for an answer. "It's just that, I guess you could say I'm just a little mixed up. I don't completely understand my own reasoning, but, I think it might be because I've never really got to share my personal feelings with anyone." Shizuka tried her best to explain the situation, but felt that even what she was saying was hard for her to understand. "Well, anyone other than the girl in that picture that is," Shizuka said, offering a small smile to the shrine before turning to Nick, waiting to answer any questions he had.

Nicholas nodded in a somewhat sagely manner as Shizuka attempted to explain her emotions. “Well, as your… ahh… as your first officer, you are welcome to discuss any matters with me,” he said, unsure how to present himself at this point. “If you don’t feel that you can tell me about certain things, I understand. Even if you are unable to be frank on some matters with me, I’d like to know more about her at the very least,” Nicholas said, still standing on the opposite side of the desk from the Shosa. “I’d like to know more about you, Shizuka.”

"Ah, well if you'd like to know about her, I guess you should take a seat." Shizuka gestured to the seat across from her and waited for Nicholas to sit before continuing. "Taisa Endo Saki; my adoptive older sister, the Captain of the YSS Teppen, which was one of the most crazy and cunning Anris of the old first fleet," Shizuka said with a tiny smirk before glancing down to her folded hands a second to collect the right words to describe her sister. "She was," Shizuka paused to smile, "well – she was a strong leader and thought about her crew first, even though some records might just say otherwise, because of her ambition. She always did have their lives ahead of others, even her own. I met her first moments after my creation. As a rushed project, I wasn’t really given a family name. I was created on a star base instead of on Yamatai. She was the lead mechanic for a power armor repair crew aboard a Chiharu and took good care of me; I worked under her wing for my entire life. Finding it unjust that I didn’t have a family to call my own, since I was created as I was in my own bunch, she asked me if I wanted to be her sister. After that I was with her every day, every hour and every minute. She taught me everything I knew, and soon I became her lieutenant. She eventually was ordered to command her own ship, which was one of the first Anris, back when they were just a prototype. There I served as her second in command as well, but it was so much different than leading a repair crew. It took some time for me to adjust. But I did eventually get a hold of it, maybe it’s like you said... us Neko being born for it, after all. Anyway, during a counter attack against the SMX, we bared witness to a training vessel who was simply there for observation get overrun with the horrid beasts. My Taisa wouldn’t stand idly by with that happening. We ran to their aid and boarded the ship and took them into our MRB so we could defend them from further attacks. The only problem was, with them in our main repair bay that left our own ship open to attack. My Taisa lead the counter attack into the training ship, but the ship was already infested beyond all belief. That’s when they took the ship and most of ours, the rest after that is personal history. We fought them for four days and three nights, our communications and responders were knocked offline, so the fleet had left us for dead. I still don’t know how we managed to push them back, but we did. Then, soon after we got to the rest of the ship, we got into contact with the fleet and were rescued, and well the rest is history. I was given the Senbu and that’s my life story up to now, I’m kinda jealous though... it’s so short in comparison to Yamataian’s. It’s like I’ve never even really seen what life is like yet." Shizuka then finished her life story, a sort of distant look in her eyes.

Nicholas sat across from Shizuka at her command, listening to his Shosa’s story intently. As she told him more and more, he understood how she’d become what she was today. Her tale entertained and moved him, reminding him of the glorious tales of war that were traditionally told in his family. It honored him that she had told him her entire life’s story, even though it was a relatively quick exercise. “Thank you for regaling me, Shizuka,” he said after her speech had come to a close. “There is no reason for you to be jealous of we Yamataians,” the Geshrin explained. “Although you have lived for such a short time, your life has seen more service to our great Empire than mine would see in ten years. The only worlds I’ve visited are Tatiana and Yamatai. I can’t imagine how many you’ve seen during your life, having spent it all with the Star Army.”

"You are right, I've seen plenty," Shizuka chuckled, "but never once have I actually set foot planeside." The Neko still seemed rather melancholic over the ordeal; it was obvious that she was curious and envious about life outside the military. She signed and offered Nick a sort of apologetic smile in a sense, feeling bad for being so sappy.

“You’ve never been on a planet?” Nicholas asked, genuinely surprised. “Really? We’ll have to get you out of space the next time we’re in port, Shosa,” he offered enthusiastically. “Each one is distinctly different in its own way, even if they appear to be similar at first.” It’d been quite a while since he’d been on a planet for any significant length of time himself, but he’d never forget the details of every world he’d visited, even if he’d only stopped there during a trip. “The forests, mountains, oceans, deserts, swamps; everything I’ve seen planetside is amazing and beautiful, even when it’s a hopeless, lifeless place,” he described. “I can’t say that you’re not missing much, Shizuka, but many things in the vastness of the void are far more breathtaking than anything on a planet,” the Geshrin said, looking out of the suite’s large window at the Ketsurui nebula, seemingly frozen in its swirling, turbulent splendor from this distance. He stared for a few long moments, simply watching the massive stellar cloud. “Sitting here, right now, I almost feel glad that we chased the Vampire this far.”

"We'll be seeing much more. I plan on chasing them until I can get some answers to why those Chiharu are out here. We'll have to better prepare our pilots for recon and stealth," Shizuka said the last bit with a heavy sigh, knowing how difficult that may be for her lead wing. But she had high hopes for them yet, and inside she really did believe in them. "I've always wanted to see one; maybe you could show me around Yamatai some time. I've fought my whole life with its image in my mind, protecting the Empire and of course it’s future. I'd like to see your home too Nick, if that wouldn't be much hassle," Shizuka said as she stood up to join him, glancing out at the array of colors mixing together in the nebula, many of them reflecting in her eyes.

A chill rushed through the Geshrin’s body when Shizuka voiced her request to see his home. He continued to stare out into the vast stellar landscape beyond the large viewport, his breath becoming shallower with each passing moment. “Shizuka...” he began, trailing off, not knowing what to tell her. He could lie to her and tell her that she’d be welcome at any of his family’s estates, and she would believe him, but somehow, he couldn’t bring himself to do so. “Shizuka… that won’t be possible. I can travel with you and show you around any planet that you ask me to, but I can never bring you into my home.” He looked away from the brilliant nebula, turning directly away from Shizuka to hide his shameful visage. “I am sorry, so very, very sorry, Shizuka-shosa. I can’t begin to tell you how much it pains me to tell you that.”

She simply stared forward for some time, her expression unchanging. "Then that answers a lot of my questions," Shizuka turned to him with a half smile, "don't worry about it Nick, I understand." She wore a mother's smile, one that even if there was pain in behind it, you'd feel that warm encouragement that everything was perfect, not matter how far from the truth it was. "Though I do have plenty more questions, those could wait. Maybe it'd be best though if we got something to eat first." She added the last bit with a more pleasant tone, bowing her head slightly before she walked past him and headed over to her desk to collect a data pad.

“Yes, Shosa. A fine plan,” Nicholas said, forcing his guilt below a mask as he regained his equanimity. “Perhaps you we should get you out of that uniform first, Shizuka” he suggested, a few moments passing before he realized the awkwardness of his comment. “I – I mean change into something else. Because you hate that uniform, Endo-Shosa,” he struggled, trying to sound as proper as he possibly could.

"Oh, you want me out of it that badly?" Shizuka asked, rather innocently. Mixing up his intent, but not in the same way he did. Shizuka took it that he wanted her out of the outfit because he didn't like it anymore, after all... she didn't change out of it as soon as they arrived in her office for one reason; because he liked it.

“I don’t think there’s time for that now, Shizuka-shosa,” he replied, totally misinterpreting what she was saying. “If you asked my opinion, Shosa, I would say that the Type 30A Female Duty Uniform looks stunning on you. I only suggested that you may want to change out of your current uniform because you dislike it. I did not mean anything else by it, Shosa,” he explained, the tempo of his speech sounding a little rushed.

Seemingly catching on a little late, the Lioness raised a hand to cover a rather toothy smile. "What were your words again?" she said aloud, playfully placing a finger on her lips as she walked past him. "Ah yes... they’re soldiers, they don’t mind waiting. It’s part of their job," Shizuka said, cutely imitating his tone making him out to be a rather serious sounding character. "The ship’s full of soldiers, it can wait plenty right?" Shizuka at this time was by the door, still dressed in the skirt uniform. "But I guess you’re right, duty first." The playful Neko grinned at him brightly and walked out the door, heading towards the lifts with a rather happy bounce in her step.

“I don’t sound like that!” Nicholas scoffed as he followed Shizuka out of the suite, totally forgetting his personal awkwardness from only seconds before, instead focusing on the Neko’s teasing. “You’re incorrigible, did you know that, Endo-shosa?” he told her, quieting his tone after they were in the public halls of the Senbu. “And I still don’t sound like that,” he said as they stepped into the lift that would take them to their destination.

Meanwhile in the rec room, Sakaki was practicing her sword work twice as hard as she had done before. It was her first battle and she was already promoted, and with that she wanted to show that her rank was not just for show.

After the promotions were done, Rin was in a notably much better mood. She was sure word of her deeds on her very first mission was already reaching her parents by now or soon would, and her father, Yoshi, probably would want a chat before long. Though, in certain ways, she was not looking forward to it, as it wouldn't be enough to satisfy his wishes. The way to becoming an officer was still a long way away, but at least things were off to the right start. Once her awards were safely back in the case in her room, Rin grabbed a quick meal to quell her hunger from the mess hall and changed into the Star Army exercise uniform, intending to make good on her desires to put her rejuvenated limb through some of her own tests.

Kuriko sat in her quarters thumbing the Ittô Heisho rank pin that Akira had given her the morning before. Kuriko sat in silence for a few seconds before pinning the pin onto her uniform and slipping out her door. "MEGAMI, can you direct me to the requisitions officer that I need to talk to for ordering parts?" Kuriko asked telepathically as she padded down the busy halls of the Senbu.

"Yes, the person whom you'd need to contact would be Nitô Juni Aya Akemi. She is currently located in her office on the deck thirteen," MEGAMI answered directly to Kuriko simply.

After the debriefing, Hara had chosen to loiter around the amphitheatre and chat with the passing crewmembers of the Senbu. After a time, he grew bored of this and decided to head off to breakfast – going this long without food was getting to him. "MEGAMI, where are the mess halls for enlisted personnel?" he asked the AI silently.

"The enlisted mess is on deck 5," MEGAMI replied telepathically. A map of deck 5 popped up showing the location of the mess hall.

Masako would gather herself together and replaced her Santô Hei rank insignia with the Nitô Hei one and looked around for a moment before heading for the door. She had in mind to find her way to the training rooms to run some simulations and get in some armor training to help remove her nervousness and improve the meager armor combat skills. Masako would pass by Hara and blinked at him in passing. "Hello," the busty blonde said and offered him a little smile before continuing on toward the lift.

The only thing Masako received in turn was a goofy expression as Hara took a double-take at the passing Neko… then a triple take... He began to greet her as well, but with his delay she was already quite a bit away from him. If only Shun were here, he mused. "Thank you, MEGAMI," Hara said mentally with a frown, before leisurely walking towards the lift.

"MEGAMI, are there facilities in the training areas for power armor training without actually taking one out?" Masako asked the ship telepathically as she awaited the lift to go to the appropriate deck.

"The Senbu is equipped with simulators used for on-site power armor training, located in the south-east section of deck eleven," MEGAMI responded promptly to Masako's inquiry.

Masako smiled a bit and stepped onto the lift to go to deck 11 after selecting it from a volumetric display. "Is anyone else using it presently?" she asked with her mental communications.

Okay, now she's just messing with me, Hara thought as he reached one of the lifts and made his way to deck 5.

"There are three personnel currently in the bay," MEGAMI complied with Masako’s query.

Masako would simply take the transit to the deck in question. She would get up to deck 11 and head for the south-east section to go get in some simulated training. Brushing her fingers through her hair to straighten it out, she stepped into the room itself and looked around for a moment. "Wow, it's huge…" she said.

Kuriko trekked toward the lifts with her requests in hand. As she walked, Kuriko spent a great deal of time wondering what exactly it was she would do next. A thought struck her; perhaps she would meet with some of the other pilots in the Wing. There were still a few that she didn't know very well. Kuriko waited for the lift to arrive, and when the door slid open she found Hara inside. "Ah, Konnichiwa, Sarawatari-hei," Kuriko said, happy that she wouldn't have to go too far out of her way to find one of the new wingman.

Hara looked a bit surprised at the head of the Pride Wing’s arrival, but he quickly shrugged it off. "Shifuda-heisho!" Hara replied, saluting. His gaze drifting towards the papers in her hand, he looked back to her. "Filling out paperwork?"

Kuriko rolled her eyes as she stepped into the lift. "You have no idea," Kuriko said as she briefly recalled what seemed like a night wasted on reports and requisition requests. "Nekki-hei made some equipment requests for the Daisies. I've decided to go ahead and request extras as well as some for yourself should you desire to use them." Kuriko paused before speaking again, "How about yourself?"

"More gear for the Daisies wouldn't hurt," Hara said, grinning. "I'm headed to deck five for something to eat," he continued. "Congratulations on your promotion, by the way."

"Thank you, though I should be congratulating you Hara-hei," Kuriko said with a smile before stepping off of the lift on deck 13 and turning back to face Hara. "Anou, would it be okay if I joined you for food?" Kuriko asked the Hei.

"Sure thing!" Hara replied, smiling. "See you soon!" Exiting the lift once he arrived in the mess, he scanned the surrounding area before finding a seat and plopping down. He decided he'd wait for Kuriko to arrive before he started eating.

"Un." Kuriko nodded happily before turning to head toward Aya's office. As Kuriko walked away, the doors to the lift slid shut and it continued it's descent toward Hara's food. Kuriko found Aya's office easily enough and silently walked in.

Deck 13 was a massive administration deck; there was plenty of officers, mostly female, running about with data pads and offices galore. When Kuriko arrived, she came across another Neko with glasses. Except this one's frames seemed to be constantly scrolling with data and text lines. "Good afternoon," she said, adjusting her specs as she took a long look at the young Neko Heisho. "Is there something I can help you with Heisho?" It seemed Kuriko was in for an interesting conversation, as the much older Nitô Juni Neko seemed the prissy kind, and wasn’t much for social conversation.

Kuriko could help but be gleeful at the sight of the Neko’s eyewear. "Hai! I need to submit a request for additional parts." Kuriko slid the data pad displaying the requisition in front of the Neko, but didn't take her eyes off of the Neko’s eyewear the entire time. Kuriko had, at one point, thought about getting the integrated data glasses, but eventually decided that it was too costly as well as added the potential for distraction. Nonetheless, this absolutely had her enthralled.

In his room, Shin yawned, leaning back in his chair. He looked down at his desk, looking over the handwritten apology to the Shosa. “MEGAMI, would you inform the Shosa that I have finished writing my formal apology to her, and will be bringing it up to her?” he asked telepathically.

Masako would cycle through the available armors in the simulation once she got inside it and selected the Mindy and stepped into the simulation chamber to engage the system. She didn't know what to expect with it and waited for it to being, soon enough she'd be in a simulated Mindy and was executing basic actions to adjust to how it all felt in her mind.

Shin leaned back in his chair again, smiling and quickly changing into his exercise uniform, heading down to the recreational deck. Still grinning, he asked MEGAMI to convey a message to Hoshitomo-hei, asking her if she would want to spar soon.

Sporting the white T-shirt and black two-piece, Hoshitomo-hei had already made her way to the rec decks and begun going through a series of stretches when Shin's message reached her brain. He received a reply eventually revealing her current location and an affirmative answer to his suggestion, as the teal-haired woman returned to doing a few sets of pushups and lifting free-weights through several exercise patterns that would test her biceps, triceps, and shoulder muscles at various degrees of tension.

Shin headed down to the recreational deck, the trip seemingly taking a very short amount of time. He was shirtless, of course, wearing the Star Army male exercise uniform sans shirt. Looking around, he found Rin and walked over to her, waving.

Meanwhile, Hiroko had snuck back onto the recreation deck, hoping to actually experience some of the ship's amenities. This time she was in full workout regalia, but... probably wasn't interested in weights per se.

Rin had just finished another set with her left arm, rotating it a bit and exhaling as she set the hand weights down and sat up on the workout bench. A plain white towel was lying nearby and she rubbed some sweat off her forehead and neck with it as Shin's wave received a curt one in return. "Hello, Nekki-hei." Her eyes couldn't quite ignore the fact he was prancing around without his top again like last night in the medbay. "So, do you always like to forget your top attire? This isn't the beach, you know."

Shin looked at his chest, then back at Rin, and shrugged. "I'm used to working out shirtless at home, I guess." He smiled, and started to recite a short prayer then start his stretches.

Sakaki had passed by the others of Pride Wing with at most a nod to her teammates as she headed to the Training Deck. She wanted to measure her skill in a Mindy, like Masako, to see what she could improve on combined with her sword training.

"I see," replied the newly christened Nitô Hei Hoshitomo Rin as she leaned on the wall and took a quick break while watching him get warmed up. "I'm afraid I was brought up much more strictly," continued the woman in a cool tone. "A soldier should be strong but also modest."

Shin started doing pushups, 10 for each rank he's held in his career. "I wasn't raised as a soldier, though service in the Star Army seems to run in the family. I'm the heir to a style of martial arts, though I’m by no means the best at it."

Hiroko started her visit with a quick jog around the general rec area, making about 4 laps before she finished, and then retired to a little hologaming table off to the side. She was going to try something... interesting. "MEGAMI, load an Integrated Battlesim game... scenario... Battle at Halna. Player's side... Freespacers. This should prove amusing."

Rin's eyebrow rose for a fleeting moment as she returned to a standing position, wrapping the towel around her neck and holding it with both hands. "Is that so? And what type of martial art discipline is that? I have seen quite a few in my time before the Star Army."

Shin quickly jumped to his feet, pumping his fist into the air. "Way of the Great Fires, Malifaran regional style, Nekki School! Forbidden to be taught to Nekovalkyrja, and passed down through the Nekki line for generations!" Shin realized his place, and straightened up before he made even more of a fool of himself.

Hiroko was reviewing her Before Action Reports on the gamescreen when she overheard Shin's... cute little outburst, and if by cute we mean slightly delusional. A simple roll of the eyes and she continued to mess with fleet allocations, trying to make a tally of her allied Halna Pirate units and re-familiarize herself with ‘Spacer tech. If nothing else, it was the truest application of tactical prowess to face one's own country and win.

Rin just kind of looked dryly at the little display Shin was making, almost wanting to laugh, but when he mentioned 'forbidden to Nekovalkyrja' she seemed to become a bit more attentive and serious. "Ok, Nekki-hei. How about you show me this 'forbidden' art while I have a few moments."

"Hai, Rin-chan!" Shin began to go through various katas, nothing too special.

In the training simulator, Masako would still be engrossed in her own simulation, but not connected to Hiroko's as hers was purely for introductory training and adjustment to the differences in land combat and spatial combat. The fact it was a 360 degree sphere instead of just a plain where you could position yourself to keep yourself defended on all fronts.

Sakaki soon entered the training room and prepared to enter the simulation chamber. She noticed a few were in use, but didn't care to look who was logged in at the current moment. After removing her katana and placing in a safe spot, she entered the thing and logged in, as well as a Mindy design with the markings of the pirates they recently faced so she could get some good practice from the other 'players' of the simulation.

By this time, Masako would shift her program to be an actual encounter with the pirates they'd faced, seeing as it was a good way to adjust to real combat. "MEGAMI. Please give me an actual encounter similar to the last sortie," She requested telepathically to the system to make it change. Her Mindy was a dark blue color with golden trim armed with the balanced layout and a positron rifle in alignment with the one she'd just used other than the color.

Conveniently, Sakaki had given her Mindy the Blood Red paint job with correct ID, equipped with a Katana blade this time; she also used the Accelerated Plasma Rifle as her hand held and then began to fly about in virtual space. She quickly spotted a fleet of pirates matching her symbols and flew along side them, knowing most players would probably pick the Yamataian side, and hoped this would be interesting.

Masako would float in virtual space in a position to await the incoming enemy, with the virtual stealth system active to let rip with death from nowhere. She would soon select a target and slowly maneuvered into position and opened targeted fire upon Sakaki's little allies. A lightning stroke of positron energy would rip across the intervening miles and smash into a pirate, taking its head off cleanly. Masako then would shift her position so they couldn't track the trajectory of the shot to locate her, using knowledge based on land combat potential.

Sakaki watched her mindless 'units' run into the fire. She then asked her virtual pod, "Durandal, trace the fire positions of the attack, then give me a pattern." After a minute, she pointed her gun where she would think the next 3 attacks would accrue then fired her Accelerated Plasma Rifle several times.

Masako would wait, watching the virtual enemies using her own AIES and systems to try and predict where counterattacks might come from based on battlefield conditions and tactical utilization. It wouldn't take long before she noticed the first two plasma shots and began to warm up her teleport unit once she got the origin of the fire. A nanosecond before it struck, Masako would teleport to be an approximate position behind Sakaki and went to put her rifle into the small of her back and pulled the trigger.

"Teleport? Too soon," Sakaki whispered to herself as she, too, teleported a small amount of distance, enough to dodge the attack, then fired her gun. It was a quick shot and she was still unused to the ranged weapon. Sakaki herself grimaced at the horrible aim, I must improve that, for it could mean life or death in a real battle!

Masako kept quiet and bought up her arm, dropping the weapon to hold it in the other hand and activated her aether projector in shield mode and shifted just a bit to deflect the attack. When it finished, she lashed forward like a whip thanks to the ability of the Mindy to explode into motion and shifted her shield into a sword and slashed at Sakaki while trying to get the nose of the rifle into an upward angle to fire it. The sword attack being a feint so she wouldn’t notice the rifle shot.

Sakaki let go of the hand held and drew the katana from her back with her left arm and used it to block. While doing so, she planned on a direct punch with her Mindy's fist and activated the light blade from there to rip her opponent into two pieces. Sakaki planned to kick off if she could to avoid any damage if it had to come to that, in the meantime a pirate AI had noticed their little conflict and moved to intercept the Yamataian-looking Mindy.

The AI pilots on Masako's side would react to intercept the incoming enemies with sniping shots when they could get them to cover their "ally." The two would clash energy blades for a moment and Masako would tilt herself off to the side to avoid her opponent's attack and somersaulted completely to bring a Mindy boot into her gut or jaw, followed by the blast from the positron rifle while Masako was upside down.

The red Mindy took the boot to the head and began its own somersault. Grimacing, Sakaki recovered, returning fire with her own fore arm weapons in sub machine gun mode. In the meantime, however, the right arm took damage and lost the ability to move her it and it became limp. It was but a flesh wound, however, as she closed in with her katana in hand to finish the fight quickly, and would swing it to the chest area if she were to get close enough.

Masako's virtual AI would alert her to the incoming fire, prompting her to activate the teleporter again, and vanished as the shot sizzled through where she was and would reappear safe among her AI allies. She could tell that melee was this enemy's specialty and was shifting to long range, opening fire upon her again with the powerful rifle. Too close!

"Behind you!" Sakaki mentally sent a message after her own teleport behind her opponent, ignoring common battle sense to NOT teleport into a din of enemies. Sakaki brought her katana bearing down on her opponent in a move similar to the opening gambit that her opponent had made.

What?! Masako thought to herself and brought her rifle up to defend against the attack but the blade would cut clean through the weapon, which triggered the positron energy in the chamber to be released... explosively. The outward force would shove everyone away from the epicenter, though the CFS shields would blunt it to concussion and not penetrating damage. "Whoa ok, that doesn't work," Masako said, seeing stars for a moment, the AIES taking over for a moment to order the conscious allies to open fire on Sakaki.

The explosion surprised Sakaki some. However, the shockwave did make an opening for the Pirates to attack their programmed opponents. Sakaki decided to make a quick escape toward her allies, dodging attacks that were aimed at her and not at her allies. In the meantime, she had lost her katana in favor of returning fire with her left arm.

Masako would use her AIES to get back in to safety and blinked, recovering Sakaki's sword and examined it for a moment before opening fire upon the enemy AI units. The battle would end up coming down to the two of them almost with the Senbu side started to retake the field. The blue Mindy would fire a charged energy blast at Sakaki accompanied by gauss cannon fire.

Sakaki held up her remaining arm and blocked the attacks, then began moving towards her opponent while activating the PANTHEON Nodal Support Drones to return fire. The Neko then readied her teleport device, as it had been warmed up after its last use by now.

Masako would activate her stealth and move back away from her opponent, waiting for the right time, simply avoiding the incoming shots but getting grazed on the shoulder and forearm. She'd wait for the enemy to try and get close to her before doing what she had in mind.

Sakaki stood in place for a while and then dialed in the surrender code. It was probably time for dinner at this point, and she had already gained the data she needed. Furthermore, she felt like she had lost the fight, with no view of the enemy, the last thing she would need is to react via teleporting, which would only put her at a disadvantage.

Masako would notice the enemy surrender and the simulation would come to end, leaving her feeling a bit sore in the arms and all over from the simulated pain experience, but it'd pass. " MEGAMI... who was my opponent that logged into that scenario? That wasn't a normal simulation," the blonde asked the Senbu curiously as she left the chamber and looked around to see who else was there.

In a moment, the other person would be pointed out by volumetric indication pointing at the door to the pod. "Oh…" Masako said, brushing her fingers through her silky honey colored hair and felt stupid. She'd wait nearby to meet the person in question.

Sakaki stepped out of her pod and retrieved her sword and fixed her hair since her top knot came undone during some of the maneuvers. She noticed someone nearby, and using logic, it was probably the excellent opponent she had just faced. She bowed and introduced herself, "Ushimo Sakaki, Nitô Hei. It was a good match."

Masako bowed back to her and blushed a bit. "Sakiyurai Masako, Nitô Hei. It was certainly a good way to get over my nervousness of spatial combat." She smiled at her. "Arigatou… for your help," she said. "You were quite good yourself."

Sakaki replied, "Thank you, you were a worthy adversary as well." She then bowed slightly again, and then remembered something. "Masako-hei recently was in last conflict correct?" she asked, as the only time Sakaki could remember her name coming up was during the promotion ceremony.

Masako nodded to her. "I was," she said. "I was with Vermillion at the time though."

Sakaki nodded slightly, as she remembered that squad was in the middle of the front lines, a place just as honorable as the Pride Wing’s was in stopping the shuttle. "I see, I would not mind being your opponent next time," she replied then began to head to the lifts; she planned to eat sometime soon.

Masako would walk alongside Sakaki since they were going to the same place. "I'll look forward to it Ushimo-hei," she replied. "Where are you headed now?" she asked curiously.

"To the mess deck," Sakaki replied entering the lift. She was happy to have company, even if she didn't quite show it, and she was looking forward to her dinner.

Masako would accompany Sakaki down to the mess deck and would settle down to eat dinner with her company. Of course, she'd end up having a bit of Mandarin orange flavored soda, sipping it and purring softly. "Mmmm, it's good," she said and looked around a bit, thinking.

Back on the rec deck, Rin's pair of blue eyes followed Shin’s movements for awhile without saying anything positive or negative. Then, without prompt, she let the towel slip off her neck to the floor and stepped with quiet grace into a hand-to-hand combat stance reminiscent of military training class. "Not bad, you've got some talent there. But is it all just for show? Show me this 'fire'." After saying this, without warning she began to throw some quick jabs in Nekki-hei's direction. They weren't quite playful either, there was some serious force behind them and he had to think quickly.

Shin avoided Rin's jabs, quickly looking around to make sure no-one was watching. Suddenly, his expression lost it's happy-go-luckiness and took on an air of seriousness as he jumped, using the Yamataian's natural gravitational abilities to propel him towards Rin, both legs heading towards her chest.

The sudden lurch upwards took Hoshitomo-hei by surprise, considering she underestimated the man's mastery of the gravity manipulation. His kick thus managed to land, though as her head was rearing back from the hit, she also brought up her knee in revenge, using a snapping motion to hit him in the exposed midsection or legs as he stabilized himself.

Shin fell forward, Rin's knee hitting him in the ribcage and causing him to loose his balance. He let himself fall forward and land on the mat, staying there, mostly unmoving.

His partner paused and regained her balance and awareness, expecting Shin to nip up easily from her little counter. When he did not, she took a step closer and leaned down. "Nekki-hei?" called out Rin to the prone Yamataian, wondering if she put too much force behind the strike. For a musclehead like him, it shouldn't have hurt much at all.

Shin quickly sprang to life, using his arms as support and swinging his legs around, sweeping at her ankles. "Southern Gate Vermillion Bird Style, Ankle Tornado!"

So it was actually a trap. Apparently he wasn't a dumb fighter, using his head as well as brawn to fool the enemy. Rin was caught by his little "Ankle Tornado" as her balance was shaken, but like water she allowed herself instead to be swept off her feet, and using her gravity manipulation to alter the course of her inevitable fall, decided to come down right on top of him with her full weight behind a mean elbow drop.

On deck 13, Kuriko’s determined effort to requisition Daisy equipment continued. "Ah, this is a pretty big request list, Ittô Heisho Shifuda. Most of these, if not all are for the Daisy M6 Infantry Power Armor. I'm afraid these requests are a little much for an armor this ship has no immediate plans on utilizing. We do have various pieces of equipment already for the suits, plentiful actually." The older Neko with the mature woman’s voice turned her eyes up to the Heisho with an inquiring look, waiting for some kind of response as of why she'd be needing so much equipment.

"Ah right," Kuriko said, tearing her eyes away from the woman’s glasses for a second. Demo... the parts we have now don't necessarily perform as well as we need them to, Kuriko thought before responding. "Actually, Pride Wing now deploys a pair of Daisy armors. The order isn't for that many of the parts, as you can see, just enough to equip on all of our current Daisy units as well as a few extra just in case. They are important however, since the Daisy lacks the various hardpoints that the Mindy has. We need more variety than what is currently available." Kuriko thought that her argument might have been a little flawed, but decided that it was the best place to start.

"Why is your wing deploying Daisy armors in space combat?" The black haired Neko woman seemed a little accosted at the idea that there was indeed ground armor being deployed for space superiority missions.

"Some of our pilots are too tall to pilot Mindys," Kuriko responded simply. "Since they are too tall, they fly Daisys." Kuriko had a feeling she knew what the next question would be, something about 'why don't they change bodies then?' or something along those lines.

"It'd be cheaper and more effective to your wing to have new bodies created for them so they could have more tactical use in spatial combat. We could have those done for you by the end of the day, easily," the Neko responded rather quickly, with a thin brow raised in question of the Heisho's sensibility.

Kuriko hadn't thought of this, though now that she had she may as well ask the pilots themselves. "Shin-Hei, Hara-Hei," Kuriko spoke telepathically to the pair, "How do you feel about switching bodies so that you fit into a Mindy? I was just informed that this would be a better option than purchasing multiple new parts for the Daisy as well as a faster alternative." Kuriko looked awkwardly at Aya for a little bit as she awaited the responses from her subordinates.

Hara frowned. "Ditching my original body was enough. I'd like to stick with this one unless you deem it absolutely necessary, Shifuda-Heisho," he replied telepathically.

Shin flipped over, moving his hands to grab her elbow as it contacted with his gut, bringing his head up forcefully and using it as a striking weapon. He began speaking to both Rin and Yoroko, using telepathy and normal speech at the same time. "My Name is Nekki! Nekki Shin! I refuse to get a new body just because the Ketsurui Zaibatsu deems me imperfect! I will force aside such reasoning with my unreasonableness!"

Kuriko jumped backwards as if she had just been slapped. The Heisho quietly organized her thoughts for a few seconds before speaking to Aya again. "Tactically yes, they will be better off. However, after weighing the cost of changing their bodies, I feel that significant psychological trauma would occur if they were forced to change. Both have expressed a strong desire to remain in their current bodies, and forcing that change upon them while unethical would result in an overall loss of efficiency and motivation that would be crippling to themselves and the wing as a whole. In my professional opinion it is therefore more cost effective, when considering factors other than just money, for us to requisition the additional parts for the Daisys," Kuriko said quietly.

"I see," was the Neko officer's only response as she looked at Kuriko with a rather skeptical expression. "Well, if you’re so adamant about it, I guess we could look into providing some of what you’re looking for." She sighed curtly and glanced down her nose at the data pad once more. "Well for starters, I don't know how you came about the knowledge of Positron Rifle, but it's for Black Spiral use only. You won't be getting any of those. The newly developed Ke-M6-W3000 as well as the Ke-M2-W2904 are both strictly for atmospheric use only, and as I said before, until the command tells us we are to order gear to utilize for ground combat, we won't be able to comply with these demands. As for the KZ Type 29 Armor Service Pistol and the Variable Assault Weapon, we can look into getting those for your..." she trailed off into a pause to look up at Kuriko rather unimpressed, "VIP pilots, whoever they may be." She then placed the data pad on the side of her desk and folded her hands promptly. "Is there anything else I could do for the leader of the esteemed Pride Wing?" Sarcasm was laced into her prim and proper tone.

Kuriko gritted her teeth together; she didn't appreciate the mockery of her or her teammates. She wouldn't have minded if her status had been left out, but this agitated her to no end. "No, I think that's everything. Arigatou, Akemi-Juni," Kuriko responded as sweetly and politely as she could.

As soon as it was clear the conversation was over Kuriko headed for deck 5. "Anou, Hara-hei are you still eating?" Kuriko asked the Hei telepathically.

"Nope. I've been waiting for you to get here, first," Hara responded, his message clear in Kuriko’s mind.

Kuriko felt guilty for having the Hei wait so long for her. "Sumimasen, I'll try to be faster from now on," Kuriko said telepathically as she stepped onto the lift and rode it to deck 5. Once she was there she headed to the mess and began looking for Hara.

On the rec deck, a few people now who were working out at the gym were attracted to the fight happening, some were even taking bets at this point. But with Shin's last statement, the Neko in the audience shook their heads and Shin's notoriety was continuing on its way, a lot of people decided to just go back to their exercises.

Rin leaned back to avoid the incoming headbutt, and using the point he was holding her arm, swiveled her legs around on it like a top and promptly clamped them in a scissors around his now vulnerable and overextended head. All the while, as the slim but well-toned shins closed around his neck like a vise, she was clamoring in his mind: "So, is that what this is all about? The source of your inferiority?"

"Heh," Shin smiled, the anger just under his skin. “I lost my parents to the plague. PNUgen, who became the Ketsurui Zaibatsu, are responsible for it. I know for a fact that I will never be inferior to any Neko!" he spat telepathically in reply. Shin let loose a yell, trying to violently wrench his head free from Rin's deadly embrace! "I can't lose to anyone, I can't insult my parents like this!" he told her over their mental link.

Rin continued to apply pressure. Not enough to injure him, but enough to keep the hold for another moment. There was a little fire lit in her eyes as she stared into his. "At least on something then, we are in agreement," responded the young woman, her telepathic message quite serious. "But no matter how strong you try to become, with your current mindset, you won't live up to such a promise!"

Shin continued to struggle, only getting more enraged. "What's that supposed to mean? Being cool and collected in battle only got you hurt! I have to force aside any notions of sensibility to protect my teammates and secure honor for my family!" he barked telepathically.

One of the blonde Yamataian men standing off to the side in the gym moved over to the two. "Alright, cut it out," he said, the man who was in workout uniform wore the rank pin of a Shoi and had a scar grafted over his right eye.

Rin didn't seem too pleased with him bringing up her own little foibles, but... it was different. Her grip on the stronger man was loosening as his struggles were breaking her leg lock, while she fired back telepathically. "Nekki-hei, you don't understand why I had to..." but her thought was soon cutoff, as Hoshitomo-hei saw the approach of the superior officer. Whatever strength left in her legs promptly gave out and Shin was free.

Shin gasped for air as Rin let go of him, sucking up the sweet precious oxygen. Getting up, he glared at Rin, looking into her eyes.

"Discipline is a virtue of your family's dojo. Is it not?" The Shoi asked shin, turning to face him as he glared at his opponent. This Yamataian man was only inches shorter then Shin, just perfect to fit into a Mindy. But the man in question was also just as muscular, if not more, because of intense training and battle experience. His eyes showed it too, the steel blue gaze of the Shoi, who seemed to command a very strong presence. While he was speaking, the rest of the gym was silent.

Rin got to her feet hastily, snapping into a respectful bow. Whatever feelings Shin had stirred up were promptly stuffed into their little box as that moment was now over.

Shin stepped back, bowing to the Shoi. "Sir, Yes Sir." He didn’t understand why, but he had an air of rightful authority about him.

"Then I suggest you exercise it next time," the man said, as he then nodded to Rin. "This young lady bested you. In martial arts, you accept your defeat and thus the humility. You were sparing, you are not enemies, do not carry any more ill will because of your own failures. Use the emotion for training, nothing more. Now bow to your opponent and then go get some lunch together." The man then turned to look at the crowd who was gathering to see the rest. "You all could be doing better things with your time, return to your workouts."

"Yes, sir!" Shin bowed to the Shoi, then to Rin. "Rin, I apologize for being so hotheaded towards you. Please, forgive me for my idiocy," he told her with telepathy.

Rin still had her head bowed to the clearly experienced Shoi a moment longer, her breathing remaining a little quick from the fight, before she turned and rendered Shin the appropriate courtesy in turn. "Apology is accepted," began Hoshitomo-hei mentally as she then grabbed her fallen towel and straightened up, pushing some hair out of her eyes. "I also apologize for being harsh. But this promise... it is much like my own. Therefore I want you to succeed."

Shin grumbled, something was welling up inside him, triggered by Rin. He bowed to Rin, and promptly hugged her tightly, kissing her cheek. He then regained his composure, though he was still hugging her.

"Well that's one helluva way of making up," the Shoi said with a shrug, and then pulled his shades from a pocket. With blue aviators donned, the officer made his way out. Kids these days was what he was thinking, using that as the only way for explaining the situation.

Rin looked stunned a moment as she was hugged then as soon as she realized what he was actually doing and felt his lips on her cheek she groaned irritably. Shin's little hug was then turned into something much more painful... as she used the embrace as a grapple and promptly hurled him right over her head and onto the floor judo-style.

Shin was thrown, landing on his back. "I totally deserved that."

"Discipline indeed!" grumbled the Nitô Hei and she humphed and started to walk off before she desired to hurt him further. "Don't you EVER assume we are anything more than wingmen... Nitô Hei Nekki Shin," was sent to his mental inbox, spelling out his full name and rank in the way one's disciplinarian would. So much for kissing and making up...

Shin stood up, and began to look for the Shoi from before. "Shoi! Sir, I would like to talk to you."

The Shoi in the blue shades, who was just about to get to the lifts, turned to face the Hei chasing after him. "Yes Seito-kun?" He said, referring to the boy as one would talk to a pupil of martial arts.

Shin saluted to the Shoi, and then bowed to him. "Sensei, I request permission to ask Shifuda-heisho if I can transfer to your wing, Sir?"

"Denied," the man said simply, as he then walked into the opening lift doors. He stood there a good second as he put on his uniform coat, which was slung over one shoulder, then the doors shut.

Shin sighed, exiting the gym and heading back to his quarters. "Kuriko-heisho, I need to talk to you about my place in the squad,” he sent telepathically.

Rin didn't look back as she took the long way back to her quarters on deck 19 and away from Nekki-hei. His attempt at turning her well-meaning lesson into a romantic situation had the young woman particularly incensed. Why did she even try with that man? She should just let him wallow in his failures and get kicked out of the Pride Wing, as he seemed to so badly wish for. She couldn't worry about everyone else's careers and goals right now, for she was merely a Hei and had to focus on her own tasks and duties first. For right now, she just took a refreshing shower in her room to wash away the conflicting feelings, and changed from the sweaty exercise uniform into a more appropriate standard issue bodysuit attire.

In the mess hall, Hara spotted Kuriko. "Don't worry about it," Hara called out to Kuriko, making his way over to her. "Anyway, let's get some grub."

Kuriko nodded in agreement once she had joined up with Shin. "Well, I managed to get at least some of the parts requested," Kuriko said happily. "I'm sorry about asking that question, I realize it can be... disconcerting to be asked to change bodies so easily." As Kuriko spoke she got food from the serving area: corn, peas, and some kind of sliced meat.

Hara shrugged. "Not a problem. Must have been a lot of work with how long it took." He licked his lips as he picked out what he wanted before making his way to a nearby table. "By the way, have you seen any of the others around?"

"Actually I haven't." Kuriko mentally queried MEGAMI for the locations of the rest of the wing before speaking again. "Hoshitomo-hei and Shin-hei are up on the rec deck, and Ushimo-hei and Masako-hei are on deck 14 in the simulators," Kuriko replied.

"Huh. We should all meet up again sometime," Hara said, pausing in between bites. "We haven't been able to get to know each other much."

Kuriko smiled. "We should. Perhaps we should all go to the bar sometime. I hear it's a good way to build unity. Do you have any ideas Hara-hei?" Kuriko asked, fresh out of any of them herself.

"The bar sound's like a good idea to me." In all truth, Hara was a lightweight when it came to drinking, but he wouldn't let that get in the way of everyone’s fun.

Kuriko thought about that for a while before standing up. "Ah, sumimasen, Hara-hei... I need to get going. I forgot about some other things that need to be taken care of quickly," Kuriko said, bowing to the Hei after she had stood.

"See you later!" Hara said, waving. He got up as well, and began to wander off towards the lift. Hara decided he would return to his room for now. Reaching the lift, he made his way back to Deck Ten and entered, closing the door. Think I should write a letter home...

After she was cleaned up, the Nitô Hei Hoshitomo sat in her room for awhile on the edge of the bed, looking every so often at the flower bouquet that was sitting on the nightstand, an island of color in the otherwise drab and Spartan room that she otherwise kept. Shaking her head finally as if to clear it, Rin noticed how much time had passed since she began working out. All the intensity of a sparring match had rekindled her appetite after the quick pre-exercise snack and the promise of a hearty meal seemed a good bet. Exiting the room, she followed the corridors until she was once again at the mess hall, the door parting into an area that was getting more familiar to her by the day.

Noticing someone entering from the table Masako was at, she smiled and waved to Rin in a friendly way, gesturing for her to come over and join her and Sakaki. "Hi," she said cheerfully, purring softly thanks to her drink.

Rin immediately noticed the group of faces clustered about a table and, prompted by the friendly wave, moved to find a seat of her own with the Pride Wing. She said her naturally formal hellos to all assembled, including one to the purring Neko. "Good evening Sakiyurai-Hei," voiced the fellow Nitô Hei in an even tone, her eyes glancing down briefly in wonder at exactly what she was imbibing.

Masako smiled at her and pushed a chair out for her with a foot. "You're...Hoshitomo-hei...right?" she asked, trying to recall the name from the awards ceremony. She noticed her glance down to her glass and blinked a couple times. "Oh it's a little orange soda," she explained. "I love the taste of oranges."

Rin nodded and replied, "Yes, that's right. It's good to finally meet you." She pondered the nature of the Neko’s beverage choice a moment, before speaking back up with a more casual tone. "Having a drink to celebrate your reassignment to the Pride Wing?"

"Well it's not official until I get an interview with Endo-shosa," Masako pointed out and kitty smiled, seeming content with where she was and what she was doing. "Why don't you join me?" she asked.

The teal-haired woman nodded and had a seat, putting in an order to one of the passing sprite catering staffers for a green tea as she did so. In comparison to Masako's smiling face, hers was calm and professional. "Endo-shosa seems to have confidence in you, after that battle. She is a hard commander to please, it seems, so you should do fine."

"Well... I just did what I'd been trained to do, nothing more to it. It was hard to just adjust to the fact its three-hundred and sixty degree combat plane..." Masako said. "I just don't want to let her down..." she said and sipped her drink. "You ok? You look like something's on your mind."

Rin blinked for a moment, and then put on her mask of calmness again. "It's... nothing important," began the Yamataian, looking to the side for a moment as she recalled the events of the awards ceremony. "Perhaps I'm simply failing to inspire a certain wingman to do his best. As a winner of the morale award, what was your secret then?"

Masako blushed some and thought for a moment. "All I really did was tell them that I'd be sad if they didn't kick a lot of ass," she said. "It helped that they all got to see me topless when I suited up." She flushed a bit darker. "I just figured I'd use that to motivate them."

Rin went silent a minute, sliding her gaze down to the Neko’s ample chest and then back at her face. She had a suspicion that was the reason, but in the circumstances this was really not the advice she was hoping for. Hoshitomo-hei frowned a little bit and closed her eyes. "Such a display would only send the wrong signals to Nekki-hei, unfortunately."

Masako thought for a moment. "Well... he's not giving his fullest huh...” she said, thinking about it. "He's got to manage to do something that is important to the overall scheme of things. Or at least you could tell him that you appreciate his efforts and that he'll get better if he keeps trying," Masako said, stretching a bit, making her chest jiggle a bit. "Sometimes guys like him need to know that someone, anyone appreciates what they're attempting to do."

"I am trying my best, of that there is no doubt," replied Rin, shifting her weight in the chair slightly. "I simply hope he is worth it. I do not want to see him ejected from the team due to his lack of self-control, as much as he thinks he should be."

Masako got a pensive expression as she thought about it, sipping her drink once more. "Perhaps before he came to the ship he was in a situation where that behavior was accepted or tolerated and even meshed with the rest of his companions," she said. "He just needs to learn that it's not acceptable here. One person alone doesn't have much power, but together we can topple even the toughest enemy. It seems to me like this guy thinks he can rush in, do his part, and return without cooperating with others," she said thoughtfully.

Rin just nodded her head and folded her arms. "He'll learn one day, I just don't want it to be on the battlefield where there isn't another second chance." The woman also held up her left arm again above the table, as if to make an ending statement with it.

Masako nodded. "If he wants to keep is current form he only has one chance," she said and requested another orange soda when the sprite came by again with Rin's drink.

Rin accepted her tea and took a few sips, as the warm liquid brought peace and clarity along with it, she fell silent for a bit to enjoy it. Then, a realization hit her. "On that subject, Sakiyurai-Hei... forgive me for prying but you also have some interesting physical quirks. Does your current form give you any problems piloting an armor comfortably under combat conditions?"

Masako blinked at the question and laughed a bit, blushing again. "Oh my, yes," she said. "It's uncomfortable to squeeze into the Mindy, but I do what I can. But if I could I'd get one specifically modified for myself," she said, brushing her hair out of her eyes. "But I won't change my body... this is how I looked when I upgraded to the NH-29H I am now."

Rin didn't seem like she was trying to make the other Neko blush, as her line of questioning was delivered in a fashion that showed she had genuine concerns over their future combat performances. "If we continue to improve, I'm certain there will be chances for such customizations. I myself am a little on the tall side, and would not mind more room in the flesh core." Having another sip of the tea, she nodded once. "I am still very much the Geshrin I was before, in appearance and demeanor. So I understand the desires to remain true to who you are at all times."

From deck 15, the lift carrying the Senbu’s commanders began to descend towards the enlisted mess hall. Shizuka preferred to spend most of her normal meals with the rest of the crew, as of not to feel disconnected. "Okay, if you say so," The playful Lioness said, raising her eye brows and making a derisive facial expression, holding back a mocking smile. Then as they arrived rather quickly she stepped out and led the Taii into the mess hall. A much more cheerful atmosphere about her then before, it seemed the jesting with Nick lightened her up. Then when she approached the counter, she was greeted by the Yamataian provisions officer that had earlier dealt with Maya. "What can I get ya two?" the Nitô Juni asked, happy to oblige any and all the commanders’ requests.

"Steak!" Shizuka said with a big grin, and then she realized her outburst and sunk her head a little more into her shoulders. "I mean, I'll have my regular." She glanced a moment over at Nick. "Uh, and add a baked potato and um, veggies in there," she mentioned looking back at the lunch lady. Shizuka didn't want to seem off balanced in terms of her meals; she did have to save face after all.

“Make me whatever fresh sashimi you can with what you’ve got on hand, a bowl of rice, and a cup of miso,” Nicholas said, keeping it simple. He wasn’t particularly hungry, but didn’t want to sit around doing nothing while Shizuka ate. “And a glass of water,” he added, remembering that this hall didn’t serve alcoholic beverages.

Masako blinked a bit, hearing Shizuka's exclamation, and chuckled a bit. "Well, well. Speak of the devil..." she said and watched their CO for a moment, getting a better look at her in the better light. "I agree Hoshitomo-hei, it's important to always remember who we are and where we come from. It's in that we draw our strength and motivation to keep going on despite the hard times," she responded telepathically in a calm tone.

The little outburst attracted the attention of Rin, who almost dropped her cup into the saucer roughly when she noticed the Shosa and the Taii had suddenly arrived in the enlisted facilities. Why were they here and not the elegant officer's mess?! Though there was a telepathic agreement expressed to Masako's previous comment, it was soon drowned out by a wall of formalities that enveloped the Hei's mind.

"Right away," the warrant officer said to Shizuka and Nick with a bow of her head, and then began giving orders to her staff. "What can I get you to drink Shosa?" she asked Shizuka, realizing that the Lioness didn't order anything to drink yet. At this point various kitchen help were bringing up the quicker parts of their order.

Masako watched and chuckled softly at how they were all rushing about to bring the CO her order.

"Um, I'll have something strong," Shizuka ordered, with alcohol in mind.

"Endo-Shosa, you know we don’t serve those sorts of drinks down here," the officer said, for what felt like the billionth time that day.

"Oh, that’s right!" Shizuka then glanced over the counter at the list of drinks displayed behind the counter. "Um, I’ll take a lemon-lime soda then." Shizuka then turned to glance about the large mess bay as their order was being taken care of. "Maybe we can mix a little business and pleasure..." Shizuka said under her breath as she caught sight of the ship’s buxom bouncy morale booster.

Masako would recline in her chair, and then leaned forward to dislodge her obscenely long hair from pulling from how she was sitting, and pulled it around her shoulder and sat back then brushed it back a bit. She was watching them out of the corner of her eye, but was trying to be discreet about it, to see if she could as she accepted a drink from one of the sprites that wasn't serving the CO and XO. "Thank you," she purred happily to the spite and sipped the orange liquid.

“What was that, Shizuka?” Nicholas asked the Shosa in a hushed voice, grinning as he saw her glance in Masako’s direction. “Now, would she fulfill the business or pleasure part of the mixture, Shosa?” He looked to the cooking staff, feverishly preparing their meals, the dishes coming together faster than he’d have expected for the enlisted mess. “Ah, would you like to get her interview done? Now would be as good a time as any, I suppose.”

"Business, Nick – business. Keep your head out of the gutter!" Shizuka said in response as she turned around to collect her meal tray and then headed over to the table of Pride Wing members. "Hello everyone," Shizuka said casually and bowed her head slightly in greeting. Then with her amber orbs on the big pair of well... the girl with big orbs, she smiled at Masako pleasantly. "If you don't mind Hei, I'd like to have that interview over lunch. Care to follow us over to that table over there?" Shizuka asked as she gestured with her head towards an empty section a little secluded from the rest of the hall.

Masako blushed, feeling her eyes on her… assets. "I don't mind at all." She smiled back to Shizuka in a groin-meltingly way and slowly stood up, collecting her glass with her, jiggling a little. "I was wondering when you'd get around to my interview," the blonde Neko said, and then would follow them over to the empty section of the hall.

Shizuka led the way to the table. "Well, that explains the reason you were suggested for the morale award," Shizuka said rather frankly as she moved over to the other side and placed her tray down. "Before we begin, I have to ask... out of personal curiosity. How do you manage to get around with those?" Shizuka forgot her formal self a moment, as she had to subdue her feline and womanly curiosity.

Nicholas frowned as he picked up his own meal. “You simply love tormenting me, don’t you, Shosa?” he asked rhetorically, following her to the table where Masako, Rin, and Sakaki sat. Once she made her intentions clear to the unassigned armor pilot, he would follow the Shosa over to the empty section and sit down, thanking the fortunes and his ancestors before he began to eat his food.

"You mean these?" Masako bounced them proudly and blushed, shivering slightly at the feeling. "I just do, I don't really know how I do; I keep it in mind that my look is exactly how I looked when I switched to this body," she said, fingering her locket in nervousness about speaking to the CO about something like that. "But I admit, they aren't the most comfortable in the armor but eh what can be done, ne?"

"Astounding..." Shizuka said offhand, not really in the way that she was announcing any sort of feelings for the girl, but more so as a woman. She was stunned how someone could manage with them. She didn't even notice that she was outright making the girl a little nervous. It took her a long while of wide-eyed surprise before she'd look to Nick and then back to Masako and realize what she was doing. Shizuka then raised a closed hand to her lips and cleared her throat, using that moment to recollect herself. "Yes – um, sorry about that, again, I was merely curious. We should start the interview." Shizuka then called up the Hei's profile on her data pad.

It took the Geshrin Taii all of the restraint that he had within him not to chuckle at Shizuka’s awkward fascination with the Hei’s anatomical disposition, and even then he cracked a smile. Despite her momentary lapse of focus, he was sure that the Shosa would be able to handle this interview herself – at least he hoped she could – he was busy enjoying his meal.

Masako took a deep breath to calm herself down and relaxed slowly. "It's alright..." she said with a nod. She collected herself as well and maintained a proper posture while she was sitting, more on reflex than anything. Sakiyurai's record would make mention of planetary service with no previous spatial experience; but she did have some commendations for morale boosting and service. Her record showed the Neko as having only minor disciplinarian problems in the past, and a record of 6 months of therapy for depression early in her career.

"Let's begin with the easy question then," Shizuka said as she folded her hands a moment on her lap. "How you feel about working closely with others?" The Shosa allowed the Hei the time to answer the question and allow her to gain the sort of face she wanted to present to the commanders of the ship, which allowed the Lioness' true abilities come into play. She was keen at being able to read people by they way they presented their answers because she knew that they would all give her the answer that would please her most.

Masako watched the Shosa for a moment, calmly considering her answer. "It depends what you mean by 'closely' Shosa," she said. "I like working with others in a professional capacity," the blonde responded. "But I'm just as adept at working on my own... in the past it's what I'm used to..." Masako said looking downcast for a second but brightened back up and made eye contact again with her blue hues.

"Working in a team, of course," Shizuka said, her eyes sharpening a little as she gazed at the Hei, learning a bit more about her internally with her answers. The Shosa added her findings to her own personal notes and continued on. "I understand that you were previously Geshrin, what are your feelings on the differences in Nekovalkyrja and Yamataian races, as those were born as them?" Shizuka seemed a little more interested in this question on a personal level, since it had become quite the topic on the ship.

"I think that Nekos and Yamataians are denizens of the universe just the same as anyone else. I'm fond of both races, my twin sister is a Yamataian for example. I'm a Neko..." Masako said. "We might have our problems but we still share the love, if we can; anyone else can as well," she smiled softly.

Shizuka seemed rather pleased with that answer; a warm smile fell on her face and on her heart. She had enjoyed finding a much more complacent answer instead of the nonsense she had to deal with when she interviewed Shin. "Agreed, I think that's a wonderful out look to have when serving in the same military," Shizuka said. Then she moved on to the next question. "Now, if you were on a mission and you had the choice to either save a fellow crewmember and give up a successful completion of that mission, or to let them suffer their final death and complete your goals, which would you choose?" She seemed very intense now, her lioness eyes stared deeply into Masako's as if she was watching pray, and waited for a move to make her sudden strike.

"I'd save my crewmember," Masako said almost without thinking about it, meaning it was straight from her heart. "You can take a second bite at the mission apple but you'll never get your friend back. No mission is worth losing someone special over in my mind."

Shizuka took a moment make a sagely nod and then looked up to Masako with a genuine look about her and a pleasant smile. "I'm glad to hear that, my decision to put you on the Pride Wing stands. I knew my intuition wasn't wrong about you." Shizuka stood up slowly and bowed her head to the Hei pleasantly. "Now, I'll talk to my good friends down in the Pride Wing's engineer team and look into getting your suit fitted to make your piloting a little more pleasant," Shizuka said this a little quieter as to keep it rather private.

Masako smiled at her and bowed her head to her in response. "That would be greatly appreciated Endo-shosa," she said respectfully. "I'm glad we got to speak like this."

"Me too, now you should get back to the rest of your squad mates. I'm going to enjoy my food before it gets any colder," Shizuka said with a small laugh as she bowed once more and returned to her seat. Once the girl's back was turned however, the tiny CO put her own hands out to in front of her own breasts to just about where Masako's came to and bounced her hands along, still looking rather astounded at how the Masako stayed upright.

Masako would rise slowly and bowed to her again and went to rejoin the Pride Wing members, humming happily as she sipped her drink again. She seemed to remember something and would turn again. "Pardon me, Shosa, but there's something I'd like to speak with you about later on in private if you don't mind," Masako said. "It's nothing major but it's something I've had on my mind since I left Yamatai."

At this point Shizuka quickly folded her hands down in her lap, trying to look innocent, but with a forced smile that was a little too big and an almost childish deviousness to her facial expression, it was pretty clear she was up to something. "Ah, sure thing, I'll get in touch with you the next time I have the free time," Shizuka said rather simply.

Masako nodded to her and smiled again, bowing low before turning to rejoin her new wing mates.

Shizuka went back to putting her hands in front of her own, much smaller, chest. Tilting her head from side to side as she curiously glanced down, trying still to figure out how the woman could manage with breasts that large and for that matter, be a skilled combatant. It was one of the strange unexplainable wonders of the Senbu.

“She seems like just what you were looking for, Shizuka,” Nicholas said as Masako left their table. “I’ve noticed that they all answer the same way. Perhaps they’re afraid to admit the truth to you… I know I’d be. Maybe you just know how to pick those you want to serve under you, though,” he commented, watching Shizuka imaginarily augment her breasts to match Masako’s. “Be glad,” he chuckled, his joking tone belying the seriousness of his comment. He’d been nibbling at his meal for some time, but had held off on eating it all so that Shizuka could finish the interview and would not have to eat alone. “We’ll have to get back to work at some point; who knows when the next time is that we’ll be able to sit down like this. Now, let’s enjoy this meal.”

"It's not in the answers they give; it's in how they present them. No one wants to give their superior a wrong answer, in fear that it might make them a lesser person in their eyes. I just know how to figure out who is saying what, plus their reasons for answering the way they do," she said the last bit as she glanced up at him, letting him know she already knew the truth to his answers. "Now, I wonder what kinda of bra she wears?" Shizuka then tailed off as she glanced down to her steak, cooked rare and still bloody. "But yes, we have better things to do then worry about the physics of a woman and her figure. Now I think food is a wonderful idea, it's been a while since I've eaten anyway," Shizuka mentioned, feeling the weight of the last bit hit her as her body was demanding nourishment.

PAUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back