• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 20 - Pride Wing have landed, Kyoto beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

ON: Yamatai - Kyoto; military sector

The shuttle had finally made its landing approach and touched down planetside; it was another temperate Yamataian day in the metropolis of Kyoto. The Pride Wing members in the shuttle exited into a busy military spaceport with ships and shuttles of all classes and sizes. There was an ordered chaos in the busy networks of take-offs and landings, but it all seemed to go flawlessly. "Well, this is it ladies and gent. You all need to just go off to the waiting area. There’ll be a little miss waiting to take you to your resort. I have to pick up a few greenhorns here, so I won’t be joining ya just yet," the womanly pilot, Stararcher, said to the crew as they exited, making sure to see them off and that they didn’t forget any luggage.

Rin made sure to get a good grip on her travel bag as she stepped off the shuttle and rendered a bow and quick smile in thanks to Stararcher. "Your piloting was excellent, as always. Please give my regards to our new recruits." The teal haired Yamataian gazed around the military spaceport a moment, having not seen this part of the planet in some time.

So there Hiroko was, disembarking from the shuttle, breathing in the mild air of Yamatai. "...Home. Indeed."

The cute key chains jingled as Ageha slid her duffle bag out from under her seat. She bowed towards the pilot, picked up the bag by the strap and headed off the shuttle. Looking up at the sky, she took in a deep breath and smiled. As treated as a ship's air supply was, it still couldn't compare to the natural flavors of actual planetary atmosphere.

Masako shook herself awake, having caught a short nap on the way down to the planet, wearing a casual outfit of leather pants with a white shirt and a uniform jacket that was opened. "Mmm we're there already?" she asked a she shook herself awake and yawned. She'd stand up slowly with a duffle bag in hand, provoking her bust to bounce slightly as she got her balance. "That's too bad, Stararcher, I was going to see if you wanted to get a drink," she grinned at the friendly pilot.

Sakaki then followed suit and bowed to the shuttle crew as well and stepped foot on the Empire's core. She looked around without too much of a surprise, but stuck close with the others so she wouldn't get lost anyway.

Hara was the next out of the shuttle. He vainly tried to recall what his mother had told him about the capital, but eventually gave up and focused his attention on the business that was going on. He'd be sure to send Shun a souvenir.

Kuriko smiled warmly to Stararcher before grabbing her bag. This was the first time she had met the woman, but the rest of the wing reacted nicely and familiarly to her. "Thank you, Stararcher-heisho," Kuriko said before she stepped out the hatch of the shuttle. The Heisho winced as the natural light of Yamatai's sun beat down upon her. Although it wasn't her first time planetside, it had been a while since training on Nataria.

Rin ran a hand down her medium-length uniform skirt to smooth it out and then slowly began walking towards the waiting area indicated once the chance to breathe some fresh planetary air for the first time in a few weeks had wore off. The Ittô Hei spared a quick glance at Masako yawning, before trying to pick out this guide they were looking for in the crowd of military travelers much like them.

Setting her bag down for a second, Ageha squatted beside it and removed her data pad from the side pocket. She turned it on, picked her bag back up and looked around for the "little miss" that the Pride Wing was supposed to meet. Figuring that the Heisho was the most likely person to know what was going on, Ageha watched Kuriko for guidance.

Ofcourse, as Hiroko walked forwards, she seemed aloof as usual, striding straight over the tarmac as if it didn't exist. She noted Stararcher being there with a glance, a neutral glance, but little else. Being on leave almost seemed odd for Hiroko, if only because she had no real plans... That sense of ill ease didn't break her unmoved exterior, though.

Masako would simply make her way over the tarmac, smiling a bit as the breeze blew her obscenely long hair around as she did. "Man, I really want to go home and see my family," she mused as she walked. "And this natural sunlight feels so wonderful compared to the artificial lighting on the ships!" she exclaimed in a happy stretch, her arms going over her head.

Rin nodded coolly, replying to the Neko’s enthusiastic musing while still keeping a watchful set of blue eyes fixated on the sea of people for a representative of the Tengoku resort they had received literature on. "I can sympathize with those feelings, Sakiyurai-hei."

Nataria... Kuriko thought nostalgically, It was so much... simpler back then. Kuriko paused her thought and looked up to the sun as it beamed brightly down upon the hard cement of the landing pad. Times have changed, though, and so have I. Kuriko released a long sigh before she took a step toward the spaceport's main hub. It appeared that her energy had returned if only a little.

Hiroko glanced over at Masako and sighed. Such enthusiasm... and yet Hiroko herself didn't seem to care. It was... at least somewhat comfortable, but in a disconcertingly warm and organic way. Hiroko actually had trouble understanding why that was disconcerting, though.

Kuriko headed to the 'waiting area' in the starport, she didn't know who the guide would be, but they would probably be waiting for them there, or join them shortly after they arrived. Spinning around and walking backwards Kuriko spoke to the wing, "Who's from Yamatai?" Kuriko asked.

"I am!" Masako laughed a bit. "I had thought that was obvious," she said. "I was originally a Geshrin girl."

Hiroko raised a hand, but said nothing. She... didn't really have that much of a homeworld attachment. In fact, she had this somewhat strange “meh” look on her face.

Keeping up behind Kuriko, Ageha shook her head in response to the Heisho's question. "Not me, sir," she answered. Curious, she looked to the other Pride Wing members to see who was.

"Mevar," Hara said dully, his gaze fixated on a passing Yamataian woman. "You guy's are lucky to have family here."

Hoshitomo-hei also lifted a hand for a moment in response to the query, though the eye not hidden by her bangs' eyebrow quirked up a moment when the busty wingmember spoke of being a Geshrin before. "Is that so?" wondered the soldier aloud to the Pride Wing. "Though, now that I stop to think about it, you do have a very Geshrin-like appearance for a Nekovalkyrja. H-type body, wasn't it?"

Masako nodded to Rin about the question to her heritage and body type. "Yes it is. I wanted to stay looking exactly how I did before, just a bit more grown." She smiled a bit. "I like keeping up with my twin, after all, we are identical except she has red hair."

Kuriko smiled as she looked at the few who were from Yamatai. "You could probably swing a visit to home if you'd like, Hiroko, Masako. I know that Rin plans on visiting home," Kuriko said encouragingly.

Masako nodded to Kuriko about it; it was what she was going to do anyway at some point. "But I'll still show up at the resort," she said. "Even I can only stand my twin for so long," she joked.

Hiroko tilted her head and... just sighed. "No. My parents didn't want me to join the Star Army, to show up on leave from the Senbu would just remind them of it..."

Sakaki nodded slightly, and though while distant, she tried not to show it. Everyone has a home to go to, a family to honor them. I however... I need to shop after changing my dress, as walking around in uniform would be... unfitting, she thought to herself then wondered what she should get with the added bonus. Adding to this thought, I may need assistance, as I never had this much to get clothing before.

Rin frowned slightly more at herself than Masako. "I, however, grew up as an only child," stated the young woman with a reserved tone, "To have so many hopes resting solely on my shoulders rather than a sibling's has been... difficult."

Ageha stood there silently as she listened to the others talk about their homes and plans while on leave. Mentally, she reminded herself that while this was a vacation for the others, she was here on duty. She brought up directions to Tengoku on her data pad, just in case there was a problem. Always try to anticipate your commanding officer's orders, she recalled.

Masako blinked a bit and walked over to Rin and rested a hand on her shoulder, offering warm comfort the best she could in public. "I'm sorry to hear that, Rin. But still... at least you got your parents undivided attention when you got it." She smiled in a friendly way. "And you don't have to bear a burden like that alone; friends can help ease the strain of it after all." The blonde nodded to her, then glanced over at Sakaki who'd been lagging behind the group itself. "Hey what's wrong, Sakaki?" she asked, tilting her head.

Ushimo Sakaki blinked when she was being called, then after the one second it took for her catlike listening ears to comprehend the statement, she replied, "It is nothing important Masako-san."

Masako watched Sakaki's features for a moment, studying her expression. "You looked like you were lost in thought," she said, brushing her hair out of her eyes. "And lonely... it's kind of sad to see. Hey, you want to come with me? I was going to visit home and I know my parents would like to meet a friend of mine." Masako smiled at her in a kind, honest way.

Sakaki was a bit surprised; she didn't know anyone who could read her expression, but then the people she knew were very few. A little embarrassed, she accepted the offer and respectfully said, "Hai, Masako-san, though I do not wish to intrude." She still was carrying her two bags on her sides, each with a strap to her neck, and her sword carried on her back.

Masako grinned. "Nah, it'll be intrusion at all!" she smiled. "And you can just call me Masako, I don't mind it," the humanoid Neko said with a nod. "It's not too far from here, as my dad always had to come here for whatever reason. But we'll have to get a cab or walk there from here, which do you prefer? I can go either way," Masako said and shifted her bag in her hand.

Out in the large waiting area, there was a Yamataian civilian who was dressed in a geisha-like fashion with a volumetric display being projected from a small device in her hair pin. “Tengoku Resort Welcomes the Pride Wing!” it read in vibrant changing texts above her head, various small little icons flashed pleasantly with the sign. This defiantly was their guide.

And thus–a sudden pause. Hiroko held back from rolling her eyes as that'd be massively disrespectful, but... A flashing volumetric-covered geisha. The idea of a vacation has now thus declared war on Hiroko actually having a vacation... Well, at least her very quiet, sedate idea of one.

Kuriko walked up to the guide. "Ah, I'm Shifuda Kuriko from the YSS Senbu's Pride Wing. It's good to meet you," Kuriko bowed after she spoke, then continued on. "This is the rest of the Wing," Kuriko said as she motioned to the others. That's a cute outfit, Kuriko thought as she imagined just what the Tengoku must be like.

"I am lucky to have had the parents that I did and the time to learn from my spacefaring father," spoke Rin with a rather straight voice that belied her thankfulness for the display of sympathy from her teammate, though the expression on her face did not long remain one of vulnerability. She was still in a military facility after all, and had an image to maintain. "But there will be a time for that later. Now, it appears we have a ride to catch." And what a glaringly gaudy display it was. The geisha's advertisement exceeded even the imagination of what Hoshitomo-hei had expected from the resort's staff.

Like a little puppy, Ageha continued to follow behind Kuriko, bowing to the guide shortly after the Heisho did. As she came up, she felt something slip in her hair. Calmly she reached up and adjusted the barrette that had loosened and fell out of place.

At this point, Hiroko was just leaning on the nearest surface, looking... professionally disinterested.

The guide was wonderfully dressed up in a bright assortment of Yamataian cultural colors, wrapped in silk with her hair done up magnificently. She bowed gracefully before the group. "It is my greatest of pleasures to meet you, I am your guide and hostess, Yamada Sakura." She then returned to standing, smiling pleasantly. "On behalf of the Tengoku Resort, I'd like to welcome you to Yamatai and thank you for your service to the Empire. We have prepared a wonderful weekend of relaxation for you; I hope you enjoy your time with us." She then gestured towards the doors, holding her sleeve with the other hand appropriately. "If you'd follow me, I will take you to the cars we have brought to transport you to the resort." She then bowed her head and turned the lead the way.

Rin politely bowed her head to the geisha who had rolled out the most colorful welcome mat for the Pride Wing she had seen in a while, with a dress that made her feel suddenly more at a summer festival than a military spaceport. Was this normal or special service just for the quickly growing celebrities? "I hope we haven't kept you waiting overly long, Yamada-san," offered the pilot to the resort worker, apologizing as a matter of proper courtesy of course. Still, as her gaze turned to the vehicles waiting up ahead, the Yamataian couldn't help but be a bit nervous about the advertisement of their presence. ”I suppose laying low during this outing is out of the question, now...” silently sighed Rin over the textual mindlinks as she made a mental note when she returned home for a day to check the SANDRA newswires.

Hiroko, for her credit, sighed, striding forwards to follow the gigantic glowing advertisement of their presence that they called their guide. She really hoped all this special attention would... eventually fade. For her sanity.

Hara wordlessly followed the wing's guide. It sounded like they were going to be having some fun, at least.

Kuriko followed the guide with the rest of the wing, trying to gauge their reactions as well as hopefully to find more energy to keep herself happy. "That huge flashing sign was a good idea, it didn't take us long at all to find the guide because of that," Kuriko commented as she followed. "This is exciting no?" Kuriko turned toward the wing before asking the question.

"It's more than I expected," Ageha breathed as she followed Kuriko to the cars. Way different in real life than watching it in a vid, she added mentally. It was especially weird for the Santô Hei as she was feeling more and more out of place with the Pride Wing. Secretly, she hoped that the grey panels she wore kept her hidden among all the blue.

Hiroko continued to walk forward, almost instinctively. She was starting to pay attention to her breathing, like how she did during the assault on the Chiharu... And like a well-oiled machine, the breaths included words. "Thrilling." The flat tone, of course, told the opposite of the words...

"I do not mind the choice of travel Masako-sa... Masako," replied Sakaki, a little unease to be using the lack of honorifics. She was then distracted by the fact they were lagging behind and began to speed up to the others, and their transport vehicle.

Masako didn't seem to mind being left behind and would walk along with her and gently pulled Sakaki to the side of it. "Come on, we'll just walk there. It'll give us a little time to just talk, too, you know." She smiled at her in a friendly way. "Hey Kuriko-heisho. Ushimo-hei and I are going to head to head to my home here in the city and we'll catch up with you guys later. Is that ok with you?" she asked telepathically.

"I've never been to Yamatai. Looking forward to it," Hara said, grinning. He was doing his best to ignore the fact that he was once again surrounded by girls, and the thought of heading off to do his own thing seemed like a good idea. Unfortunately, there was no turning back at this point.

Kuriko received Masako's message and thought about the Hei's request for a few seconds before responding. "Wait until we reach the Tengoku first, they seemed to have put a lot of effort into this and I would hate to disappoint them, let alone insult them by leaving so soon. Wait until we've checked in and settled down. Besides, if you leave now, you won't know your rooms," Kuriko replied, switching the conversation to encrypted in case anyone were listening in. It would be in bad taste for anyone to hear the conversation, lest the image of the Senbu be soiled.

"Well, alright. But it isn't far from here... oh well. We’re coming!" Masako replied and turned back toward the transport to head back toward it. "Looks like we gotta go to the hotel first Sakaki-hei," she said and made a little face meant to be funny in a falsely disappointed fashion hoping she'd see the humor.

"What? But we..." said the bewildered Sakaki, as she was caught in a situation that she never thought she would be dragged off of. She would normally protest that it was in their honor to ride a limo, a LIMO, which she had never been in one before; however she was also being dragged off by a friend and comrade. This all refocused when Masako stopped dragging her, and replied, "As we should Masako... and could you call me Sakaki? It is rather odd if you do not." As she requested this, she would head to the vehicle near Masako with her guard up this time. Nothing was going to keep her from the limo ride.

Hiroko, by now, had entered a deep wuwei state, acting simply as things came. This was the field of battle. The noble warrior of the way against the vagaries of fame, fortune, and really gaudy costumes. A short reply went back to Rin, but that was it. "I'm waiting for when it gets worse. It will."

"Why is it out of the question?" Kuriko responded to Rin. They hadn't even been outside of the terminal yet; it wasn't like they were famous or SAINT operatives. They were just on vacation. Sure the hotel sign was a little large, but that was just so they could find the guide easier.

Hiroko did not receive a wordy reply over the private channel, only the simple acknowledgement and affirmation of her point of view by Hoshitomo-hei. There was no telling what this resort had in store for them... but the PA pilot had been ordered to relax, and if this was the way to accomplish it, then she had better not complain too greatly. It was likely a vacation package that most civilians would die for and it would be disrespectful not to honor their hostess. “Forgive me, Heisho, but considering we received decorations and a visit from Yui-taisho herself; it's not a big jump of the imagination to say that we are now famous. Which could complicate matters,” was the wordy reply to Kuriko's query.

Ageha self-consciously gave herself a once over and made sure her uniform was on straight as she arrived at the limo. She made sure to hold down her skirt as she slid into the limo. Once inside she checked her data pad again and brought forward the battle data she had been going over before. Now that she was getting to know their personalities a bit better, perhaps what she saw would also show itself in the way they had fought.

Sakaki felt uncomfortable in her jumpsuit uniform, as well as having to disembark all her belongings to the trunk before entering the vehicle. She remained silent as she looked about the limo, feeling the interior as this may be the only time she would ever see a limo.

Feeling a bit unburdened after voicing her only real concerns to her wingleader, Rin now more comfortably settled into the limo for the long ride to come to Tengoku. As she crossed her ivory legs, her blue eyes caught sight of Ageha studying a readout on her data pad, which prompted the soldier to give a hidden chuckle to herself. And here she thought she was the one who was going to be all work when on leave.

After everyone had gotten into the limo Kuriko slid in as well. Kuriko frowned momentarily, remembering that Shin was still in a cell. I'll deal with him tomorrow, after I've gotten some advice, Kuriko thought as she forced herself to cheer up again. "Well, what do you think of Yamatai so far Hara?" Kuriko asked the Yamataian as she mentally spoke to Rin. "I don't think we're that famous, Rin. Think about how big the 1st Expeditionary Fleet is, then there are other fleets. I bet the only real people that know about us are our families and the people who give us orders," Kuriko replied, though she felt that maybe the thought was kind of dark.

"It looks so busy," Hara replied. "I bet lots of interesting things go on here. Have you been here before, Heisho?" he inquired. He wasn't sure if she had mentioned it or not, as his attention had mostly been elsewhere. He began to fiddle with his luggage, and made a note to get a music player or something once they got everything else sorted out.

Meanwhile, in another section of the waiting gates, three new members to add to the ranks of the Red Lion's command were standing by waiting to be picked up. Inoue Haruka, Yoshito Mayuki and Katsuragi Suzaku were all given orders to meet here at the spaceport to wait for an Ittô Heisho Stararcher, who would be transporting them to the Aries Starbase for their interviews.

Suzaku was already there in the waiting area with his rucksack over his shoulder, appropriately dressed in his freshly-pressed red-paneled uniform with the light blue pants that were as well. His messy, straight black hair couldn't be tamed at all for this, but was constrained out of his face by a red headband. He was holding a small clear globe of a blue gel in his hand though, examining it as he waited.

Haruka sat on top of her tightly-packed rucksack, scanning down a newssheet and brushing a stray lock of hair back behind her ear. Everything about her screamed business-like, or freshly out of boot if you would. All the proper creases were in place on her uniform, her hair neatly done up. Only one hand was actually holding the sheet, the other balling up into a fist and relaxing.

"Hmmmm I can't wait to be on a ship!" Yoshito Mayuki declared as she stretched her arms in the air, yelling out her anticipation to the world. The smallish Neko was already wearing her new uniform, wanting to show off that she was now a part of something, even if it wasn’t necessarily combat related. She then eyed a companion, a girl who seemed to be heading to the Senbu, though also prim and proper feeling. Her orange eyes flashed out while leaning on the pack.

Suzaku looked over at Yoshito and chuckled softly, watching her with light grey colored eyes. "You're first time going into space?" he asked in a polite enough tone of voice, shifting to set the globe in his lap as he leaned forward to look around the silent Haruka.

Haruka turned her dark brown eyes up from the news she was reading. "First time?" she echoed back, her tone frank. "No. First deployment though. You?"

Suzaku glanced up to Haruka and shook his head. "I've been on and off ships my entire life," he said casually. "What's your area of expertise?" he asked the woman calmly as he leaned back in his chair still watching her, studying her for a moment. His grey eyes swept down her body then back up to her eyes without lingering on any particular area too long.

A quick sweep up and down Haruka's form would show that she worked out quite a bit. Everything was well-toned and not at all overly muscular; almost like a dancer's body really–more definition and toning in the lower body than above. Aside from that, she had midnight blue color panels on her uniform. "Infantry," she answered, business as always, before elaborating, "Power armor."

Mayuki turned about to the male Yamataian that spoke behind her. “Well... yes... this would be my first time in space.” She then crossed her arms and declared, “though my programming was like I was there last week!” She nodded to herself like it made sense, despite the flaws in her statement. The Neko looked over the fact that her question was avoided by the prim and proper lady and then just introduced herself instead. “Well, we might be working together so we should introduce ourselves right? Yoshito Mayuki is mine, you might want to remember me when I become something great!” She then nodded in a self conceded manner, thinking she made a positive impression.

Suzaku's red-paneled jacket clashed with his milk chocolate skin tone and made him look somewhat ridiculous, at least in his own mind. "Hm, I see. Well then I suppose we'll see a lot of each other periodically, I'll probably be working on your armor to repair it and such." Suzaku smiled a bit at Mayuki and chuckled a little, amused by her youthful nature. "Indeed. I'm Katsuragi Suzaku. I'm a technician specializing in power armors," he said to them both to answer their questions. He shifted a bit and adjusted the sit of his rucksack and waited for the signal that they could go to their shuttle to get up the station itself. "How about you, Ms. Yoshito? What’s your specialty?"

"Yoshito Mayuki. Katsuragi Suzaku," Haruka repeated the names, her brow furrowed as she committed the names to memory. "I apologize for not answering your previous question, Yoshito-san. I was reviewing the daily news events. It won't happen again. As for me, I am Inoue Haruka." Haruka's voice remained cool and level, her expression sat at something between unreadable deadpan and a determined scowl.

Mayuki pounded her chest confidently while stating with a cat like smile. "I am a mechanic specializing in everything!" she lied slightly, as her specialty was in starship repair, but was confidant that she could carry out other tasks as well. "Remember well, Yammy, you might learn something!"

Suzaku chuckled at Mayuki and shrugged. "Maybe. But so might you," he pointed out. "Neko or not, everyone can learn something different," he said and glanced to Haruka and nodded to her. She seemed to be irate about going to a new duty station, or maybe she was trying to hide her anxiety about it?

Haruka's expression had softened some at Mayuki's words; a distant look settled on her eyes for a long moment before everything went hard again. Snorting quietly, she went back to reading her news.

At this point, where the three new recruits were situated, a tall, busty middle-aged Yamataian with long red locks spilling over her shoulders and upper back approached them with a data pad in hand. She glanced around the mess of people gathered in the area, it seemed like there were hundreds of new recruits all going to various ships. The other officers who were gathering their members seemed to be doing it in an orderly and quiet fashion. But that was too slow for the well aged woman, instead she stepped on top of a chair close by. "All enlistees assigned for the Senbu, report to me!" she shouted above the noise, which then garnered the attention of the room, not too much of her care though.

Suzaku perked a dark brow at Stararcher's announcement and slowly stood up and shifted the rucksack over his shoulder and began to approach her in a languorous, relaxed pace. "Yes, that's an excellent way to get everyone's attention, isn't it Heisho?" he asked her with a smirk and a faint blush at her proportions, though it wouldn't show on his dark skin tones. He still had the light blue globe in his hand, thankfully, as he tucked it into a pocket before offering her a bow of the head.

Haruka put away the news and lifted up her rucksack, slinging it over her shoulder. She maintained proper bearing all along the way to where Stararcher was, standing next to Suzaku. "Inoue Haruka, reporting as ordered, Heisho."

"What the hell is wrong with you lady!" Mayuki yelled back at the officer, turning about quickly covering her ears. Then she caught sight of the woman's rank tag and bowed low enough to be kneeling. "I apologize! I am Yoshito Mayuki! as ordered!" she quickly rectified herself by echoing Haruka.

Suzaku shook his head a bit. "Katsuragi Suzaku, Nitô Hei, reporting," he said, echoing the other two for ease.

Haruka groaned quietly at the other two, otherwise she kept her eyes looking at the Heisho without looking at her. Thousand-yard stare, all the way down, Haruka thought to herself.

Stararcher, bless her soul, was laughing to kill herself after the outburst with the new recruits. "Ah, my ain't y’all a cute bunch. Let's get you kids on the shuttle and get out of here before we gain any of that unwanted attention over there." She then proceeded to point at a few SANDRA reporters who wanted a scoop on the potential members of the Senbu. She stepped down from her soapbox and led them into a hall, which would eventually lead them towards the shuttle.

Suzaku glanced over at the SANDRA reporters and perked a brow, wondering for a moment just what he was getting into here. If they were here then this wasn't going to be a normal assignment now was it? "I'm no kid, ma'am... then again..." he said eyeing his rank pin and sighed, shaking his head as he followed her toward the shuttle. He'd step aside to allow the ladies to enter the shuttle proper first.

"Aya? Attention?" Mayuki asked until she glanced at the coming crowd. She then posed with her carry on bag and stated, "Maybe they would want a picture of Mayuki before Mayuki becomes a world-renowned starship repair Neko!" Then she hurried to catch up as no one was paying much attention to her.

Haruka spared the reporters only a moment's glance, otherwise she was all business all the way on through to the shuttle. "Don't get left behind," Haruka said to Mayuki as she caught up. "Bad impression on your future fans if you can't even make the first flight out."

The shuttle containing the new members of the Senbu slowly went about its start up sequences; the pilot had slipped off to the cockpit and left the others in the passenger section. "Welcome aboard ladies and gent, we'd firstly like to thank you for choosing air Red Lion, we'll be taking off shortly once the monkies up in the control tower give us our clearance. It's a quick trip back to Aries, so sit tight and relax." The combat shuttle pilot was beginning to enjoy playing mock air-line pilot, having a small little laugh to herself once the intercom was switched off.

Haruka sat back in the shuttle chair with her belongings safely stowed in accordance with regulations. She looked over to her fellow newbies. "This is it then."

Suzaku looked at Haruka when she spoke up; he was simply carrying his bag on the seat next to him. After all, there was room to do that with just the three of them in there. "I suppose it is. You looking forward to it?" he asked her.

"Looking forward to it?" Haruka asked. "Of course. I'm ready. Ready to go. Are you?" Haruka's voice carried an almost challenging tone, as if she had to prove something to herself.

Not wanting to be left out of her new bubble of familiar faces, Mayuki followed Haruka to the back to sit with the others, dropping her rather large carry on bag. "Yeah, yeah, can't wait," she stated with a lack of energy which she had burned from moments ago. She sat down and enjoyed the chair she was in hoping for a cat nap.

Katsuragi looked at Haruka again and chuckled. "Of course I am. I can barely contain my excitement..." he said drolly to her and offered a just-as-challenging smirk.

"Good, good," Haruka deadpanned. She looked towards the front of the shuttle, mentally anticipating the takeoff–as always, a bundle of intense nerves.

In the limousine, Masako would simply lounge back in her seat once she got into the limo and just sighed some, not used to this level of decadence. "I wonder why they went so far as to get us such fancy accommodations for a weekend...?" She asked anyone who might know, a general question. Her duffle bag resting between her booted feet as she clasped her hands behind her head to form a makeshift pillow. Though I'm not complaining, I've never been in something so swanky... She thought to herself immediately afterward.

Hiroko shook her head at Masako's comment. "We may actually be well known. It might be something they arranged. I don't know. Suffice it to say we have a bigger reputation than I guessed."

"Iie, I was born on Nataria. This is probably the first time that anyone from my family has visited Yamatai," Kuriko responded to Hara. "I'd imagine that lots of interesting things do go on here, after all it is our nation’s capitol," Kuriko said in agreement with the Hei.

"Maybe I just find it hard to relax when I know there are enemies still out there. I will try not to dwell on it overmuch, then." responded Rin to her superior, and then, as promised, dropped the subject afterwards. It was true... she probably was being too paranoid. This was the heart of the Empire after all, and they should be safer here than anywhere else in the universe, barring the veritable fortress of the Ketsurui Military Sector. Still, the Hei found herself staring out the window now and again and resolving instinctively to make a mental note of where they were going and the route taken there, just incase.

Hiroko, on the other hand, just sat there, seeming... stoic. Quiet. Somehow wishing she could be somewhere else. Somewhere with walls and muted lights and time to think and NO NOT THE JOYCEAN MENTAL NARRATIVE.

With everyone inside the limo, Ageha was better able to take stock of all the members in the Pride Wing, especially the ones she hadn't met before. She looked at their profiles, putting names to faces. The "Nekki Shin" who had been missing at her first meeting was still no where to be seen. Perhaps he'd been transferred or promoted or something else Ageha wouldn't be privy to, still being so new. As she looked at Hara, apparently the only male in the Pride Wing not counting it's missing member, she slightly raised her hand both trying to get his attention and as a way to say, "Hi."

Masako glanced over to listen to what Kuriko was saying to Hara about Yamatai and Kyoto. "Hehe..." she chuckled shortly. "It's a very busy city but it really depends on where you go to find the entertainment. Some sectors of the city itself can be rather boring," Masako said, having grown up there. "Maybe you should get some photos taken to send back to your family of it all?" she suggested to the squad commander. Man, I feel so... underdressed compared to the others, they're in their uniforms and here I am in leather pants and a t-shirt... oh well. I can blend in with the civilians easier this way at least and avoid the SANDRA reporters.

"Right. I guess that's a given." Hara frowned, letting his head meet the back of his seat. "Are you going to go shopping or something later?" he asked his wing in general, before he caught what looked like a wave directed at him. He didn't recall seeing this girl. About his age... "Hi!" he said, grinning. It was hard to believe he hadn't even noticed her this entire time. "I don't think I’ve met you. My name is Hara. You?"

"Santô Hei Nanjo Ageha," she responded happily/ "I'm the new Communications Operations and Tactical Relay Officer for this unit." She bowed her head slightly, the only amount of politeness that the enclosed conditions would permit her. "Nice to meet you." She then turned to the rather busty and intimidating-looking pilot. "I don't think we've had the pleasure, either," she said, bowing her head once more.

Hiroko tilted her head, glancing over at Ageha a bit more. She wanted to watch the newbie, figure out how she worked... if only because Hiroko knew she used to be new, and Ageha seemed to be adapting slower...

"Hmm?" Masako blinked at the girl and grinned lightly. "Sorry. I'm Sakiyurai Masako. You can just call my by my first name, I'm not much for honorifics," she said and pulled a hand from behind her head and offered it to shake. If she was intimidating, she blonde clearly didn't realize it herself and would probably wonder the hows and whys of it.

Though she wouldn't openly admit it, there was a sense of peace descending on the Ittô Hei from one vector... the fact that Nekki-Hei was not coming along on this trip. He had been such an unnerving rough spot for her since their first battle together, and the fact she could look forward to a long while of not having to deal directly with his dramatics was almost in itself a vacation. Though, this did leave Saruwatari-hei now as the only male Yamataian in the wing... but if his behavior so far had been any indication, she was much more at ease in his presence. Though a passing glance his way as he introduced himself to Ageha did make Rin wonder if this gender isolation or his lack of a brother-in-arms could be an issue.

Hara smiled, but the introduction led to his thoughts returning directly to were they had been. He, once again, was the lone male pilot. To him, the fate of his former roommate was sealed; if anything, he should at least make the most of his time surrounded by girls.

Ageha was visibly uncomfortable with Masako’s offered hand. The way she looked at it, there was no doubt that this was the sort of greeting she had rarely seen. She carefully extended her own hand in kind, wanting only to give a very quick shake before retreating it back to the safety of her personal bubble. "If it's all the same to you," she confessed, bowing her head again apologetically, "I'd be much more comfortable calling you Sakiyurai-hei for now."

Masako blinked at the girl's timidity and tilted her head a bit and watched her with blue eyes. "It's ok, I'm sorry I'm making you uncomfortable..." she said, going a bit quiet herself and sat back, her eyes clouded and distant. A mask of concealed pain crossed her pretty features for a moment before she shook it off. Deciding to explain a bit to try and ease Ageha's discomfort she said, "Don't be bothered by that greeting. It's just something I carried over from my days as a ground forces soldier."

Hiroko looked over at Ageha, and... nodded. With the tone of her voice distant and slightly unfocused, it was hard to tell if she was telling the truth or being sarcastic. Probably both. "Pride Wing is the Squadron of Sisterly Love... metaphorically speaking. As long as you're on the Senbu with us, you'll be like family. Though... I guess you'd be asking the wrong person about what that's like if you decide to ask me." She then turned back to the window, keeping Ageha in her peripheral vision as she looked... nowhere.

"I'm sorry," Ageha replied to Masako, still quite flustered. "I'll be sure and support you as best I can," she said in her best determined voice. She bowed again, just in case. It had appeared that she had offended Masako in some way, but she wasn't sure how.

Masako shook her head a bit as if reading her thoughts about the concern over offending her. "That's great to hear. I'm sure you'll do great," she said.

"Anou, Nanjo-hei... you can relax a little," Kuriko spoke telepathically to the Hei. "Formality only distances us from each other and on the battlefield it is our relationships with each other that will ensure our survival," Kuriko said to the Hei, not sure how better to explain it. "Who's looking forward to the onsen?" Kuriko asked changing the subject to something she was familiar with.

Rin finally spoke now, indeed glad to change the subject along with Kuriko. "You already know my opinion on that. And the setting will be much more relaxing than aboard the Senbu."

"Un," Kuriko nodded as she imagined what the warm waters of the onsen would feel like... hopefully there would be no arguments between Hara and anyone else, but you never know. "Hara? What do you think?" Kuriko asked the Hei.

Masako brightened at the mention of onsen and nodded. "Always. Onsen are a gift from whatever god there is," she said.

"It'll be relaxing. Not the highlight of our vacation, but I’ll be looking forward to it," Hara replied.

"Ara, Shifuda-heisho?" Ageha responded telepathically, "I'm sorry." She bowed her head slightly in apology, more as an innate reflex rather than thinking of it as part of her being overly formal. She looked over at Hara again, a little disappointed that the conversation she had with Masako had sort of derailed her attempt to know more about the male pilot. One could say that she still knew just as little about the blonde, but their little misunderstanding had put a damper on that situation.

END

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back