• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 27 - One last thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

ON: Aries Star Station - Meeting Room #W-372

The tanned battle commander eyed the Heisho with her large amber eyes, assessing her potential with an expert's glance. "At ease, Heisho, take a seat so we can begin," Shizuka offered with one of her ungloved, three-fingered hands. The closer Chikako got to the commander, it was obvious why Shizuka earned the title of the Red Lion--she had facial features and feral posture of a beast. Her messy blonde hair in its state even resembled a lion's mane; the feline Neko ears were a little harder to spot in the mess of hair, but obviously there.

"Hai." Chikako made a small bow and shook Shizuka's hand before taking her seat. She felt strange presenting herself in such a formal manner, and the manner in which the Taisa presented herself gave Chikako the impression that acting very formal wasn't going to help her past the interview. She shifted in her seat a little before resting her hands on her lap and waiting for the officer to begin.

Just as Chikako finished speaking, the room’s entrance opened up, the faint sound of the electromagnets that powered their movement barely audible the door shot into the bulkhead around the threshold. A man whose rank insignia indicated he was a Shosa stepped in at a brisk pace, holding himself more upright when he noticed the new face sitting across from Shizuka. He would approach the desk and come to a halt, standing next to the vacant seat near the Taisa’s. “Endo-taisa, the order has been put through,” he said after making a crisp bow, seeming not pay any mind to whether or not he was interrupting something. “Two Nozomi-class scout ships are in the process of being assigned to your command,” the man continued before going silent to remain at attention until he was told to do otherwise.

Shizuka bowed her head towards her XO's entrance. "Thank you very much Saiga-shosa. That should conclude everything we need to take care of here." The Taisa seemed pleased with the report; it looked like they two of them had been working quite a bit that day. "Shosa, this is Jôtô Heisho Ueda. After her interview is done, that will conclude all our work here on the station, she's a potential commander which we may need to reinforce the leadership of Kuriko-heisho." Shizuka then gestured to her second in command with an almost showcasing hand movement. "This is my executive officer and second-in-command for the Senbu, Shosa Saiga Nicholas." The lioness introduced the both of them and waited for an exchange of words before continuing.

Chikako turned to face the newly arrived XO, and gave him a faint glimmer of a smile. "Pleased to meet you, Saiga-shosa."

“Yes. A pleasure, I’m sure, Ueda-heisho,” the Geshrin replied flatly, giving a slight nod in recognition of the Nekovalkyrja.

"Please sit, Shosa, this shouldn't be too much longer," Shizuka said as she gestured to his seat, and then turned her attention back to Chikako. The Lioness refolded her hands in front of her face--it was a psychological thing. In her head, the Taisa thought it made her look more daunting. "I will be honest with you Heisho, it's been a long day, so I'm going to keep this brief," Shizuka admitted as she pulled the data pad containing Chikako's profile on screen, glancing at it for a few moments. "What first interested you in the Senbu. You've led quite a career; you could be on one of the Ketsurui princess’ ships on the front lines." This first question was just one of interest for the CO, as she was curious how the outside world thought of her ship.

Nicholas took his seat when Shizuka allowed him to. From there, he would sit and listen to the interview, looking like he was making his own judgments, but actually found himself lost in his thoughts. Earlier, he had said that he didn’t mind waiting a little longer before his leave started, but the hours seemed to drag on at this point; the Shosa was eager to set foot on solid earth again.

"Then I'll not waste your time, Shizuka-taisa," Chikako said, her face gaining a sort of curt seriousness. "I'm a very competent soldier, but as I've shown a consistent lack of leadership among my fellow enlisted I've not been given any promotion since my rank as Jôtô Heisho. A conflict at my last assignment led my superior to request that I be sent to a different ship and eventually to you, Shizuka-taisa, as a rising star in the First Expeditionary Fleet. As for why I'm not on either of their ships? I am not the kind of person that believes that my commanding officer's name or titles outside of the military determines the value of their missions, and you show promise."

"I like your attitude, and for a moment I didn't notice you butter me up, that's very good Heisho," Shizuka said, a smirk breaking her serious visage. The Taisa placed her hands on the table and glanced at Nick, feeling his anxiety to leave just as much. "Alright, this leaves my defining question then. Your answer will lead to your placement and fate under my command." Shizuka straightened herself in her seat then leaned forward to look deeply at Chikako, preparing to gauge how she answered. The trick was in that alone, not the answer that she received. "During a mission, if you were encountered with a situation where you were given the choice to save an endangered comrade but forsake completion of the mission or to complete the mission and allow your comrade to die his last death, which path would you choose?"

"I would pursue the mission to its completion. Each comrade is more valuable to me than myself, but the objective is more important than I am, so long as it is deemed that way." Chikako wasn't particularly taken aback by the question, but still felt a small pang of guilt as she gave her response. It was something that she had done before, and faced understandable scorn for doing so, and she couldn't but remember the few times squad mates had almost died because she had instead prioritized the mission. "But I'd never get myself into a situation like that again unless I had a squad I could trust at my back, so that both the comrade in danger could be rescued and mission objective could be achieved, in spite of my choice or personal priorities. I never go out alone."

“And a credit you are to the Empire and Star Army because of it, Heisho,” Nicholas said immediately after she finished speaking. Although he wasn’t gauging the new recruit as well as he probably should have been, he’d been paying enough attention to what she’d been saying. As the second new soldier the Senbu had received who’d answered this way, perhaps Chikako and those who thought like her would end up making the ship’s armor effectiveness even greater on the field of battle. After getting his piece in, he glanced at his Taisa, waiting in anticipation at what she’d say.

Shizuka didn't bother with Nick right now, she really was too tired to get any more riled up with him. "Indeed, but you say you have learned from past mistakes. So I expect you to show me the results. I believe in a one-hundred percent return rate, even if it's practically impossible--that is always our goal on any mission. If we can keep our numbers strong, then we can always return to those objectives and complete them. Chikako, I think you will find a welcome place aboard my special project, the Pride Wing Squadron. They are my lead wing, and represent myself in the field. You will be an executive officer and aide to Kuriko-heisho. She could use your combat expertise." Shizuka slowly stood up to her feet, so she could dismiss the non-commissioned officer.

"Arigatou, Taisa-sama. I will cherish this opportunity," Chikako replied politely as she stood up herself. She couldn't help but allow much of her welling excitement to spill out onto her face, causing her to break into a very bright and contented smile, and realizing this, found herself experiencing a slight blush as well. Oh... I'm so terrible at hiding myself like this. It won't be long before they realize just how easy to read I am...

Shizuka bowed her head to the other Neko. "I look forward to your work." Then with that, she waited for the Heisho to make her way out, the Lioness however did return her smile with a much more tired one of her own. She still felt like the battle was yesterday, which technically almost was.

Chikako bowed to her superiors and silently exited the room, wondering just what sort of assignment she had gotten herself into. Time will tell, I guess...

After the door shut, the exhausted Taisa flopped back into her chair, the unit in its bottom causing her to bounce with the sudden drop. "Finally!" the tired commander exclaimed with her arms raised high above her head, then almost just as fast they groggily came back down. "Tell me Nick... is it really over, or am I just dreaming?" she asked rhetorically, being so wary that the door might just open up and another thousand things would topple onto her desk.

“The job ends when you want it to end, Shizuka,” Nicholas replied coolly, slumping down more into his own chair. “I’m sure there’s more to do, but that doesn’t mean you need to take care of it. With the Mishhu gone--hell, even if they weren’t--whatever else wants to interfere with your leave can wait. Not even an invasion by Nepleslia, the colonies, and a thousand Freespacer terrorist attacks all at once should be urgent enough to keep you from what you deserve,” he told the Taisa, pushing away from the desk and standing up in a stretch. “Now, I think it’s time we got you planetside, Shizuka-denka.”

Then, that was that. The two quickly left the office, packed their things on the Senbu, even though Shizuka didn't have much to bring other then uniforms and a data pad for work. Then from there, they left the station and were off on a private military-use shuttle which would take them wherever they wanted to go. The Lioness was excited, but her excitement was not enough to keep her up, instead she took the liberty of her XO's arm and slept for the duration of the tip.

END

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back