• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 31 - The second day for the Pride begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

ON: Kyoto Civilian Sector - Tengoku Resort

The morning's warm rays passing through a low-hanging mist caused a soft hue to the glorious metropolis. It was a day like any other; people were up to find their way in the mess of life for another chaotic whirl of their own worlds. Around this time, that very same solar shine basked the resort's many rooms with a comforting glow. The Pride Wing were given the option of a breakfast, which was served downstairs in the same place they were entertained when they arrived. The only thing missing in the A.M. would be the unit’s commander, and without any sort of way to contact her. Kuriko’s communicator was switched off, a strange situation for sure.

Masako was still out cold in her bed, in the middle of the night, feeling a bit cold and lonely, she'd crawled in next to Sakaki and hugged her friend gently. The blonde Neko was still cuddling Sakaki in the morning, purring contently. But it was non-sexual in nature, as no hands were anywhere they shouldn't have been. The warmth of companionship was always the best way to fall asleep, after all; innocent and pure affection. She smelt faintly of roses as she slept in the nude.

Sakaki was lying in bed, dreaming of hot tea and slaying 300 ninjas as she gradually awoke to the communicator. Sleeping nude herself, as a Neko who cares not of modesty, she felt something warm against her flesh. She began to blush as her personal space was invaded in full, though she dared not move or to wake her sleeping friend. She mentally ordered for the recorder to shut off then went to work trying to undo her friend's grasp on her. The Neko convinced herself that it was the pressure of Masako's sister and her newborn brother was the cause of this event, and therefore dared not wake her and let her sleep a little longer. At least was how she convinced herself while taking a mental picture of Masako's adorable sleeping face.

Masako shifted her grip a bit and snuggled against Sakaki's back and eventually loosened up and curled up some, still asleep, her long blonde hair falling over her figure as she did. Though it wouldn't be much longer before she began to stir and come around, fluttering her eyes open and blushed slowly as it dawned on her what she was doing. "Uh... morning?" She smiled a bit and ran her fingers through her hair as she sat up a bit with a bounce from the motion. "Sorry about invading your space. I don't really like to sleep alone sometimes," she said.

Sakaki, still blushing, shook her head, indicating it was nothing as she felt they were like sisters anyway, and it was natural for sisters to sleep in the same bed when one is troubled, right? "Get dressed, you... want breakfast too, right?" the Neko asked as she slipped on some indoor shoes she had before in her old home and went to the shower to dress up and freshen up, as well as other mourning business.

Masako nodded as she slid from the bed and stood up and stretched, arching backward as she stretched her arms over her head. "Mmmmm," she let out and relaxed again. She'd dip into her own bag to produce an outfit she'd wear that day, it was the same style she had before, until she would be able to get more that day. Masako would wait politely for Sakaki to finish with her morning business before she'd go in and take care of herself. The blonde would click the news reports on to find out the weather for the day, hoping it wouldn't rain or storm; rare around there but possible.

Sakaki dressed in the same shirt and jeans from yesterday as it was her only dress other than her kimono. If one did not remember from last episode, it was a sleeveless black shirt and blue jeans, something with the added sword and top knot made her more like a street fighter than an armor pilot. "I would like to have rice, miso soup, and green tea," Sakaki said in a message to order her breakfast ahead of time while she waited for her friend at the door.

Masako would get in after Sakaki and get a quick 10-minute shower and didn't bother with touching herself up as she wanted to go casual. No reason to dress up, it'd just cause her to attract unwanted attention, after all. She'd come out wearing a glossy pair of black leather pants with the boots and a leather black halter top, combing her hair out as she walked. She had the belt on with a sidearm on her thigh and the saber on the other. "You know, we look like we're about to go out and do pit fights for cash." Masako giggled a bit. "I would love a big stack of pancakes slathered in syrup with potatoes, buttered biscuits one the side with iced tea," she said in the same style, to order her breakfast.

"You think?" Sakaki wondered aloud as she looked at Masako and herself. I’ve never really worn anything lady-like, actually, she thought. Then again, my father was a warrior and I never really socialized with anyone during that time... She then put it aside in her mind as she opened the door. "This is... all I have though," came her real response as she exited the room and headed to the kitchen, only to let Masako lead so they wouldn't get lost.

Masako cackled a bit. "If we could, I'd be up for doing it," she said and winked to Sakaki. "We'd kick all their butts," she said enthusiastically and would lead the way out. "Well, that'll change, I have a feeling everyone'll want to go shopping today," Masako said, walking backward as she continued to idly comb out her offensively long hair. "And I might get all this hacked off," she said. "We'll have you in something nice by the end of the day."

Hiroko, meanwhile, was chowing down on some soba at the dining room and... seemed mostly content to herself, though she wondered where Kuriko had gone off to.

Ageha was already up and ready to go, immaculately dressed and waiting for others to arrive in the dining room. She sat across from Hiroko, who was already eating, almost as if she was apart of the room's decor. "Yeah, so I had thought maybe you were some sort of IA agent infiltrating the wing," she explained telepathically as a grin drew across her face. "It seems really silly now, having to explain it."

For once, Hiroko actually smirked. "IA agent? Me?...Wow. I didn't even know you'd get that impression! Maybe it's because of my cool exterior and cunning wiles?" Though Ageha didn't know... humor was also very rare from Hiroko. Now that was something.

"That must have been it," Ageha teased playfully. "I mean, with what I heard at the academy about Shizuka-taisa and all. And with everything that was going on when I arrived, it was very confusing. Pride Wing seemed like a pretty wild bunch." She paused as she thought about her current situation and rolled her eyes. "And now I'm here accompanying you guys on vacation as my first assignment. I guess luck has decided to go my way." Finally, she added, "Still, you guys are a pretty wild bunch."

Hiroko nearly scoffed at the suggestion, laughing lightly. "Shizuka-taisa and Masako-hei are wild enough for all of us, really. You may not know me well yet, but between myself and the leftover members, we've got a fair level of quietude too."

Ageha nodded in response, even though she was disagreeing. "Ushimo-hei and Hoshitomo-hei are pretty wild, too. They just have a too-cool exterior to hide it." She almost added Hiroko to that list as well, but thought better of it. "And Shifuda-heisho, well, she seems just a little bit..." The Santo Hei blushed and stopped transmitting. "Excuse me for talking so freely," she finished, looking no longer at her breakfast companion, but at the floor to her side instead.

"Only in self defense," cautioned Sakaki to her friend as they arrived at the kitchen. "Morning," said Sakaki, giving a small bow to all those who were in at the moment while approaching the food table where her food and drink should be waiting. She then sat down at a table next to Ageha and Hiroko, not wanting to intrude on their conversation.

Breakfast was quickly finished and everyone was called to the room so that they could meet with their guide. They were going to be given the opportunity to do what they wanted to since day one--shop! The lady that they had met at the spaceport waited for everyone while politely speaking with the guests already in the breakfast room. She wore the same sort of garb as before, immaculately dressed head to toe in silks and exquisite Yamataian accessories.

Hiroko had arrived in the room, just like normal and just stood in her dress, waiting. She seemed... predictably calm, as if waiting for an opportunity to actually do something, but feeling held back by random social restrictions--like their guide.

Masako was quick to finish her breakfast and was up and about, fully energized after the filling meal. She was about to go, with or without the guide. She knew her way around after all, or she thought she did.

Sakaki gave respect for the meal then followed the rest of the group, staying silent as she normally was. She was quietly going over the checklist of goods she would need to get, as well as a few she didn't need.

Since she was still technically on duty, Ageha was still in her uniform. If any sort of commanding officer had been around, perhaps she would be alert and acting the part as well, but as it was, the Pride Wing's tagalong was tittering like she was back in school. Shopping? In Kyoto? As if the assignment couldn't get any better. I don't want to spend too much, though. Perhaps if I only buy stuff in stores the other girls pick, she thought to herself. But really, only Sakiyurai-hei seems to be the sort that would be fun to really go all-out with.

The hostess approached Hiroko with an inquisitive look on her doll-like face. "Will this be all for today?" she asked politely, as she didn't want to simply assume anything.

Hiroko blinked for a moment, staring right back with a strange, neutral, and slightly confused look. "...All of what? All of my food? Yes."

"C'mon! We going to just stand here like sexy dolls or get moving? It's a great day outside, let's gooo!" Masako waved, already having her boots on and marching for the exit. "If you aren't going, I am."

The hostess, with correct manners, covered her mouth with an open hand to hide her giggle. "No, no--will this be all going on to the trip?" she corrected herself, and gracefully placed her hand back on her silken lap. Though she had recovered her composure quite quickly, she was still smiling brightly with cherry red lips at the amusing soldier. Then, the ever-brash and ready Masako caught the attention of just about everyone. "I guess that means that we should get going then, please follow me to the cars." The geisha hostess seemingly floated to her feet effortlessly and made her way across the floor to join Masako and thus lead them to the rides.

"Roger," Ageha responded enthusiastically, falling in line behind Masako. She wondered if this part of the trip would be guided as well. Of course, she hoped it wouldn't, but with the way things were going, it really wouldn't surprise her.

And of course, after blushing slightly in embarrassment at... apparently failing to talk to service workers, Hiroko moved along, following the others over to their vehicle, almost wordlessly.

Sakaki fell in line with the others, wondering idly where one could learn to walk like their host. She glanced toward Hiroko, wondering if she was going to buy some books, as the Neko had seen only impossible novels within the strategist’s reach.

Masako would go along and slide into the car without a word and just stretched out a bit and rested back against the cushions. "I need more art supplies… I'm out of a few oils," she said thoughtfully.

"Oh, do you paint Sakiyurai-hei?" Ageha asked as she slid into the car next. She sat across from the busty Neko and placed her chin in her hands as she hoped to spark up a pleasant conversation for the ride downtown.

Rin had been a little scarce as of late, tending to her own personal business on the first day of the vacation--not the least of which was paying her father and mother a quick visit. But with that aside, she definitely was looking forward to seeing what was on the tour agenda for today. Still wearing her "top gun" themed attire, the army brat hadn't entirely forgotten her desires to do a little window shopping for the Heisho's benefit, seeing as how she didn't have clothing of her own outside of the uniform. Besides, there might even be something to catch the young Yamataian's eye in the process... and spending time with the team in a civilian setting was a nice change of pace.

"Hmm? Oh yes I do," Masako said, turning her blue hues onto Ageha. "It's the best way to show people what the worlds they leave behind look like. And... it's a way to soothe the mind as when you're doing it, you are the deity of the world you create on the canvas. I will be however your see it in your mind's eye," she said calmly.

Rin stretched out a bit as she followed the group into the vehicles, giving a respectful nod to their hostess along the way before finding a seat near Masako. "So you paint? I'm afraid I've had little luck with that sort of hobby."

Masako made a face at Rin and laughed softly. "It's not too hard, I could show you the lazy man's way to one day. It works the best and is the easiest," she said.

The young communications technician had no idea that Masako was so artistic. "I'd love to see your work some time," she professed. Ageha wasn't being entirely truthful. She didn't really have an eye for art, but knowing the Pride Wing members' hobbies was pretty integral to her assignment. And who knows, maybe the dreaded Lion of the Senbu would quiz her when she got back about her crewmates to makes sure she didn't have too much fun on her "free" vacation.

Sakaki found Masako's hobby surprising, considering her personality, but shelved it away in her mind for later. Though what interested her was the level of activity from Ageha, who seemed to be mentally chipping away at the Pride members.

Hiroko meanwhile seemed to just idly nod her head. So Masako drew. She may end up seeing some of that work. On further consideration, Hiroko knew she would. Probably without her own asking to.

Masako just nodded and whistled softly as she cut back some, what she was hiding was the fact she was nervous going among all the people in shopping. She'd always done it in private before, wanting to keep her own tastes and fashion sense... or lack thereof hidden from the world.

The hostess made sure to close the last door as she slipped into the limo. With a lift of a phone, she spoke to the driver and off they went. "Alright ladies, we'll be taking you into the heart of Kyoto's shopping--the famous Harajuku district. There you will be able to find anything you will ever need. It's a heaven for shopping!” she said brightly, her Yamataian accent ever so thick as she spoke. "We will be dropping you off at the north plaza and the driver will return with me to the resort. As long as you contact us before twelve-midnight, he will come back to pick you all up and transport you to the hotel. If you cannot contact us before then you will have to take a taxi and the resort will happily pay for the bill," she explained as they drove along the road towards the mighty capital.

So they weren't going to be guided around the city after all. That was good. And they had until midnight? Were the shops around here even open that late? Kyoto really was something else. Noticing the lack of further response from Masako, Ageha looked to her other companions. She sure didn't want to have to spend another boring drive in silence. Where were all the extroverts? Were these the type of people that made good pilots? "Ara, Ushimo-hei," she started to ask, turning to Sakaki. "I know that Ishida-hei likes to read and I just found out that Sakiyurai-hei paints. What sort of hobbies do you like to do?"

Rin gave a nod to Masako and sighed a bit. "I'm sure I could have learned if I applied myself towards it... but my time was so taken up by other pursuits to prepare me for the military. Of course, it was like that with a lot of things." Then, the teal haired soldier pulled a small data pad out of her jacket's inside pocket and flipped it on. "But I do have hobbies... I like to do number puzzles, especially."

Hiroko naturally turned her head at the mention of her name... but then it tilted back down.

Sakaki looked toward the slightly shorter Yamataian with a somewhat puzzled expression, but then coolly looked out the window in the car and didn't answer. She did answer by moving her left hand to clutch the short katana blade that leaned to the left of her. If anything she knew, Ageha would eventually find out about her liking toward samurai-related entertainment soon enough.

"Number puzzles? Like that uh...what was it...."Masako asked, tilting her head back. "Bah, I can't remember. I've tried those and it just fried my brain, sucks being blonde." She laughed a bit at herself and stuck her tongue out playfully toward Rin.

Rin gave a cool smirk back at her fellow pilot's response. "To each her own I suppose... I got into the habit originally in the academy as a way to keep my astrometric skills sharp when I'm not flying a starship. Or there's something like the traditional Sudoku magic square... it's an exercise at seeing a problem from all angles and realizing that the best solution incorporates a myriad of smaller ones. A wonderful exercise for the tactical mind..." As she added this last part she gave a glance at Hiroko.

Suddenly, Hiroko blinked. "Astrometrics?... I..." She paused, awkwardly, for a long moment, and then gulped, getting up the courage to speak again. "...I make star maps. As a hobby."

Thinking that she was being ignored by Sakaki, perhaps having accidentally insulted her in some fashion, Ageha turned to Rin instead, who was at least keeping conversation going. "Number puzzles?" she echoed Masako. "Like Sudoku? Those are pretty fun." Another little lie. In truth, she found them to either be too easy or mind-numbingly difficult. It was the complicated logic puzzling that got to her.

Masako couldn't help but laugh openly, in a good natured way. "I actually prefer physical activity as well; just not one I could call my favorite," Masako said. "Unlike the stereotype provided by... uh never mind," she said, stifling her comment before she got in trouble. "Actually, I'm like Sakaki," she said and showed the saber she had fastened to her belt but didn’t' draw it out. "I have a habit of exercising in double to triple normal gravity with lowered oxygen."

Hoshitomo-hei seemed surprised. "Star maps? I had no idea, Ishida-hei. I'd love to see them sometime, if you would not mind. Trying to capture the vastness of space in a comprehensible form is something I respect..."

Sakaki nodded toward Masako and commented, "I prefer regular exercise so my martial art technique would not go to waste." Then, she looked back at Ageha and felt like her answer wasn't too implied like it should have been. "I enjoy, training and exercise," Sakaki added, even though her list of hobbies and enjoyments of life are a much longer list.

Rin also gave a curt grin to Ageha. "I'm not sure I do it for 'fun' exactly, but it can be helpful when I have moments where I need to stop and think of answers to problems in my work that are frustrating." After speaking this, it seemed as if the woman was reminded of a little note to herself that had gotten lost in the shuffle and she started jotting down a few things in between the conversations occurring.

Hiroko smirked--she actually smirked. "Capture? You say it as though I'm caging the abyss. No, no... I... Image it. Depict it." She seemed to have a tone of strange reverence... as if Hiroko had a nearly religious respect for the depths of space.

The young brunette smiled and nodded in response to Rin. Again, she wasn't really agreeing with her, but people like to receive positive feedback when speaking. It seems that inadvertently, she had also sparked the Pride Wing into some sort of discussion. It was a lot easier and more comfortable for Ageha to sit back and listen to their discussion than for her to try and lead it.

END

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back