• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 32 - Letting loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

ON: Kyoto; Civilian Sector - Harajuku District

It was a long ride through the massive city, the endlessly tall towers breaking up high into the clouds above. Those clouds didn't look too friendly though, the fluffy dark puffs seemed like they were ready to burst and leak all over the city at any given moment. Then just as they arrived in the downtown center, they did just that. There were a few raindrops that descended to Yamatai and splashed against the roof of the car. "Ah, in these cases we have umbrellas to offer you, complementary of the Tengoku Resort. Please enjoy your time and I hope you have a pleasant experience," the hostess said. Then with that, she pointed to a section of the limo that opened up at her magic gesture. Inside was a bundle of black, collapsed umbrellas with the resort's insignia on the grip.

Masako got out of the vehicle when it stopped and blinked a bit and sighed, looking up at the raining clouds. "I suppose weather folk can't predict everything," she quipped and shrugged. "I’ll pass on the umbrella thing," she said, not letting it bother her at all; after all Neko couldn't get sick like that, but she'd think about it for a moment. "On second thought, give me one of those please," Masako said to the hostess.

With a vague glance outside, Hiroko just let a single comment slip. "Rain. Hm." And without much else of a word, she just reached in, grabbed an umbrella, and pulled herself out of the car, flipping the umbrella open in a single, reflexive motion. From there... her eyes shot across the streets, looking at what shops were there.

Rin was about to mouth a response to Hiroko's comment about her particular art, but the downpour interrupted her train of thought. Stowing the data device back into its pocket, she gave a slight sigh and reached for one of the resort umbrella with a quiet “arigato” towards their guide. The Yamataian also carefully zipped up her flight jacket as she stepped into the rainy plaza. Not only did it look good, but it was quite waterproof and warm too... great for such occasions when the clouds above got restless.

"Here," Sakaki stated and handed Masako an umbrella as she got out of the vehicle herself with an umbrella. She was lost instantly she left the car, as it was bad she had a really poor sense of direction, but never visited this area before.

"Hmm? Thanks," Masako said, blushing faintly at Sakaki as she accepted it from her and flicked it upon above her head "Well, this is the more upscale area of the business district, we could literally find anything we wanted here," she explained to her friend.

Slipping out of the car last, Ageha quickly shut the door and retrieved an umbrella of her own. "Such a beautiful day," she remarked, tongue fully in cheek as she opened up the rain-repelling device.

Hiroko would spot something just in the corner of her eye as she glanced about outside. Just passing the car and going deeper into the center of the city was a nice, black luxury sedan with gold trim, and in the front seats were what looked like the leader of their wing with some blonde man. It was hard to make out, but it may have been her, it continued on its way and the tint in the rear-window was too heavy to make anything more out.

Hiroko blinked, and then blinked again. Kuriko-heisho? Here? She... paused... realizing she didn't know any blonde men... and filed it away, turning to the rest of Pride Wing. "So, What kind of shops did you want to go to first?" But she'd have to remember that later, watch Kuriko more closely. Yes...

Sakaki silently looked toward Hiroko as a sort of question of what Hiroko saw. She left it to rest, however, as she asked where they were heading off to and wondered that herself. While she had a shopping list, she also felt like they could do an activity out here if it was available, but being not a party person, could not think of anything at the moment.

Rin didn't catch the view Hiroko did of the Heisho's car passing, having been looking up a moment at the skies to gauge the seriousness of the storm. Her boots splashed a bit in the forming puddles as Ageha made her little sarcastic comments, prompting Hoshitomo-hei to lower her head and glance her way. "Indeed... you'd think after all our technology we could put Ryujin back in his jar on a whim. Ironic."

Ageha ran a hand over her hair, trying to rid herself on the water that had tagged her before she managed to get proper protection in place. But in doing so she accidentally bumped one of her various barrettes out of place. So, while the others discussed their itinerary the com tech fiddled with trying to simultaneously hold her umbrella while she tried to reaffix the wayward bang constraining device.

Acting on instinct, Hiroko almost lunged at Ageha, a hand grabbing higher on the umbrella in Ageha's hand and holding it straight. She didn't... really change her expression though.

The north plaza may have been under a rainstorm, but it was still busy and alive as ever. With the rainfall, there was a technologic canopy deploying high above the center of the plaza, robotic arms rose up in a square and then came alive in a blue transparent beam wall that seemed to prevent the rain from going though. Then, consecutively down the streets of the capitol’s busiest shopping district, the buildings connected to one another at the peaks, and with the same blue shielding, prevented the droplets from falling on the potential customers.

Masako looked around a bit, casually walking under the cover and refolded in her umbrella and tucked it under an arm and shook her head a bit, the knee-length blonde mass swishing left and right, whipping the water off of it. "Well, let's just meander around," she said with a shrug and started to head off toward one of the nearby shops to get one of the things she needed: it was a place to get hobby supplies. She was just going off alone for the moment, not liking to just sit around.

As she looked up at the shield manifesting, Ageha gave up on her awkward dance and was about to let her umbrella fall to the street as she fixed her hair. Hiroko's save came right at the right moment, however. "Thank you, Ishida-hei," she said, a bit miffed at her bad luck. She gave a slight bow to Hiroko as she fixed her hair, spending a little extra time to additionally make sure that her other barrettes were properly in place before retrieving the umbrella and repeating her thanks for the assistance.

Hiroko nodded. "It was nothing." The slight lightness of the tone made it hard to tell whether she meant that it was actually meaningless, or if she was dismissing it, or if she was leading it to something...

"Book store," Sakaki pointed out. She had thought to start looking for a samurai novel, and possibly a manga at some point, so thought maybe the group could start there.

Hiroko tilted her head at Sakaki's suggestion. "Book store? If I didn't know better I'd say that was specifically directed at me... Not complaining."

"I don't really have a list," began Rin, beginning to follow Masako's meandering path through the shopping district. "I'll let you know if something catches my eye... but I need to go to a clothing store before we leave, at least." Then upon hearing the Neko pipe up about books, it seemed a good start. "Ushimo-hei's suggestion seems like a plan."

Masako had already vanished into the hobby supply shop, but would come back out in a few moments carrying a small bag with obvious tubes of something in it and probably a couple other things. "Sorry about that. I figured I'd do that right quick. I already knew where what I needed was," she said, rubbing her had a bit. "I miss anything?" she asked.

"Only a suggestion to start with a bookstore." Hiroko's tone was a bit dismissive, and she stood leaning against a lamppost, reclining leisurely.

Glad that Rin mentioned going shopping for clothes, Ageha chose to remain silent. For a moment, she was afraid that they were going to skip the best part of shopping for buying books and art supplies. With the shield in place, she wondered if that still would put a damper on people coming out and hanging out around the stores. If shopping was 80 percent trying on and buying clothes, the other 20 percent was watching the other shoppers and keeping an eye open for some cute planet-born guys.

Sakaki vanished into the store and came back out just as she left the view. Apparently the place did not have the specific book she was looking for. Seeing also that only Hiroko seemed to jump in as well, made the trip a lot quicker so they could continue on.

Hoshitomo-Hei also perused the store, and did pick up a few things of her own in a small bag. They were mostly data discs of new puzzles to try out, a hobby she had shared with the others moments before, and little else... she had all the books about tactics and the like at her fingertips from her father's extensive collection already.

Just down the street in front of a music store there seemed to be a live concert, but the only giveaway was a crowd dancing in a strange transparent sort of containment field. No sound seemed to escape, but it seemed like the crowd inside was having a great time. The DJ on a stage with a massive set up was masked in what could only be described as a raver's battle gear. There were warnings hovering just outside the field that read: “Warning Kigen Ongaku in operation, enter at your own discretion.” As the group got closer, they could spot some of their crew mates inside. The two members from the Gold wing, the guy with red spiky hair and a male member of a team they didn't meet yet. Both seemed to be dancing and grinning as if they were having the time of their lives.

Hiroko leaned over to get a better look at the thing, blinking. Kigen... Ongaku? She had never heard of such a thing! She looked quizzically at the others, hoping they might know what it was. But... she didn't quite want to go in. Unless it was a group effort it wasn't really her thing.

As the others browsed the books, the disinterested com tech who was "on assignment" found herself gravitating to the outdoor entertainment. She didn't really want to leave the Wing, but on the other hand there was a party going on down the street. Catching a glance of herself in a nearby window, however, returned her to the sad reality that she was still in uniform. She looked around for a clothing store to suggest to her crewmates when they emerged from the bookseller.

Sakaki never seen a display like this and was subtly attracted to it. She tried to get a better view of what was happening, but also in a way that would not make her seem desperate to actually join in on the action. She would otherwise continue on forward.

Rin shifted the grip on her umbrella, casting a curious glance towards the party going on down the street. "That's... an interesting trick. Not even the rain stops a good party here, it seems." She didn't seem to be the partygoer kind of person, being more serious and focused... it was difficult to let it all hang out like the crew within the party field.

"How about we head in there next," Ageha offered meekly, indicating a nearby clothing retailer. She could see that her companions were as interested in the Kigen Ongaku as much as she was, but there wasn't going to be any partying for her if she was still in her uniform. Of course, if they just ignored her that would be fine with Ageha as well, then she'd just sneak away by herself and procure a more appropriate outfit.

Hiroko nodded, slightly. "Clothing? Sure. It's always some fun to shop there."

Rin had also noticed Ageha looking around for a good store and when she called out the announcement of a destination was quite willing to accompany her. "Ah, Nanjo-hei," began the cool-tempered pilot, "I'll accompany you inside. Shopping for such things isn't my forte, but they might have what I'm seeking."

Seeing that she was leading the pack somewhat now, Ageha headed into the store and once she hit the racks, the music scene outside quickly faded to the back of her mind. She was going to find the perfect outfit and it didn't seem to matter how long it was going to take. Shoes, a cute skirt, a nice shirt (something sporty perhaps) and a jacket for the weather, but something light enough that she wouldn't need to take it off right away when the dancing started. Basically, the works. And she had to keep under budget. No sense in wasting away all her money as she didn't earn a special spending budget for the trip like her companions did.

Sakaki approached the store with cautioning optimism, as clothing was not her forte either, but knew she needed some new clothes as well. The sleeveless shirt she wore was not suitable for the weather they are traveling in. Seeing as the little puppy of the Pride Wing went to work on her shopping, Ushimo-hei attempted to do her's. The first thing

Hiroko meanwhile seemed to... almost shadow Ageha. She never deliberately looked like she was following her, but... yet... At the jackets, Hiroko was checking a long silken coat. By the skirts, she was checking out a lighter-purple long skirt. It was strange, but she never acknowledged Ageha's presence directly...

Rin also seemed to be following Ageha, at least when looking over some of the sportier styles the comms crewmate was apparently interested in. The look on her face suggested she wasn't merely light-heartedly window shopping, though, and was deeply thinking about the choice of outfits. But the strange thing was that the young woman was browsing some things that looked much smaller than her own size... this actually must be a gift, rather than something for herself. Holding up a cute and sporty top and skirt in some neutral colors for an almost military-grade inspection by her sapphire eyes, it almost seemed like something one could imagine the diminutive Heisho in...

After trying out a bunch of different outfits, Ageha finally settled on something she liked. A pink spaghetti-strap shirt worn over a white cotton undershirt, all covered by a light hooded sweater jacket. A long skirt with wild splashes of colors and a stylized floral design; a couple of mismatched belts and some thick-strapped sandals with a lifts to finish the whole thing off. Oh, and a new purse, but just because she thought it looked cute. Ageha paid for her merchandise and ducked into the restrooms and reemerged dressed in her new duds. "Alright. That's better."

Hiroko, meanwhile, had come out with a light blue silk coat with ornate wave patterns--it was almost like a cross between a long coat and a kimono. She also had an assortment of airy blouses in mostly light colors and a pair of long skirts--one very sleek and beige (the kind that is pretty tight to the legs), the other wide, poofy, and a contrasting purple to her darker hair. She smiled at Ageha, though the new outfit seemed... odd.

There was a bunch of mental chatter from Rin's direction as she lamented about the "lack of actionable intelligence" in regards to a certain someone's choice of styles, and before long the flustered pilot went ahead and did what seemed like the most sensible thing at the time given her wide budget that she had barely scratched... she bought both. "Gift wrap them, please," ordered the young woman of the store clerk, leaning on the counter a moment to glance at the transformations of her two companions that had went on while she was distracted.

The music was loud and the bass was throbbing. But none of it reached the ears of the Pride Wing members, mostly because of zoning laws and other nonsense tied into the Kigen Ongaku that was displayed as being played within the containment field. Whatever was going on inside, the crowd all seemed to be alive and living it up, not a single face was void a smile. Even if the sun high above the dark clouds was hidden away for the day, there was still a bright, dazzling amount of light being produced by the light show attached to the battle geared DJ's set-up.

Sakaki was looking over the clothes. First was the obvious need for a jacket, namely something to battle the rain. And then maybe for other things like swimwear and casual, but keeping enough money on herself for what she really had in mind other than clothes. While it was quick work to pick out the first two on the list, she wasn't at all knowledgeable about fashion for casual, and looked around to find Masako for some advice.

Masako had been tailing the party around since they got there, not really too interest in much, or so she tried to conceal it. But she'd go in as well, keeping up with Sakaki, unsure about what she wanted to get. "You look a bit lost." She smiled at her friend and looked over the items. "I am too."

Not really the answer Sakaki was hoping for, she looked around for other member's advice. She noticed Ageha finding some clothes and decided that it would be better to ask her, as Masako was hopeless. She approached their comm-savvy tech and asked, "Could you, help me?" The Hei asked her question in her emotionless manner, trying not to seem scary or whatever made Ageha nervous, but was not working.

"Ara?" Nanjo-hei peeped, surprised by both the question and the one asking the question. She looked longingly out at the party beyond the window, and then turned back to Sakaki with a serious expression on her face and nodded. "Alright," she said firmly. "How can I help?"

Meanwhile, Hiroko was in the background, picking out small outfits, but... hovering around, watching Ageha and Sakaki.

Masako would continue to look around the shop and found what she thought might be fun to wear in the more traditional area of the store. "Hmm..." she said and selected a few key bits of an outfit and headed to a dressing room to try them on and see how she looked. She'd come out in a jet black kimono top that was appropriately tied with a pair of black hakama pants, the shirt dipping low enough to be a bit risqué and the sleeves shortened with a red obi around her waist. "Hey how do I look?" she giggled a bit, feeling silly.

"Well ah," started Sakaki nervously, as to her it was kind of embarrassing, "What would opinion be, as I do not know what to pick." Her eyes were focused more on Ageha's feet as she was shameful to acknowledge her own weakness

It was at this point that Hiroko began looking around the store, checking things, different things.

Ageha's right foot lifted and scratched against the back of her left thigh. "Well, I can do that, of course," she said with a smile. The ComOp bent down slightly as to look Sakaki in the eyes. "C'mon, Ushimo-hei, let's see what looks good on you," she said, directing the pilot towards some of the more brightly colored racks of clothing.

But only a minute after Sakaki asked that, Hiroko began the process of gathering various outfits—like a deep indigo blouse with a pretty geometric design, or a red mandarin-style dress. Carrying them on their hangers still, she began stalking the duo with the clothing...

Ushimo-hei obediently followed the Ageha, holding back any comment on how cute the Yamataian was in her outfit. Though wasn't has hard as it would have been if it was the Shosa.

Switching back between looking at Sakaki and looking at the clothing racks, Ageha tapped her finger against her cheek. "Let's see..." she started to say as she spotted Ishida-hei and her collection of clothes. "Ara? What've you got there?"

After a moment to fiddle with the two stacks, each hung on different groups of fingers, Hiroko moved the new outfits over so Sakaki could see. "Not all help is asked for."

Masako would go back and put the clothing away before coming back out in her normal look and went to look for something else. "Hrm..." she grunted, disliking all the flimsy, delicate materials. "Man! Doesn't anything here have any durability?"

Sakaki was a little surprised by Hiroko and bowed silently in thanks. Tilting her head, some of the clothes Hiroko had picked seemed odd or outlandish, to her at least. She glanced toward Ageha in wonderment at what she thought about Hiroko's pick of choice.

Ageha picked through a couple of Hiroko’s choices and handed them to Sakaki. "Try these first," she suggested, looking at Hiroko for a sign of confirmation.

Hiroko nodded... Though she did pick up on Sakaki's strange look, and tilted her own head slightly.

After a few minutes of shifting through the clothing, Masako would make a few choices, based on what she liked, they may not be stylish but they'd work out. "Hmm... I suppose I could do that..." Masako mused to herself and went and bought something she'd been told would look good on her. But before she did, she'd watch the other two dress Sakaki up in a few outfits and giggled some. "That actually looks good on you," she quipped.

Sakaki nodded and took the clothes, hooking them up on something that could hold them. The Neko then began to de-dress on the spot, without much regards to anyone around her. Her mind was to thinking which to try first... unsure which would work out.

"A-, you might want to use the dressing room, Ushimo-hei," Ageha suggested as she turned away from the disrobing pilot and pointed towards the small rooms used for just that sort of thing.

"I don't think so!" Masako cackled and blew a whistle at Sakaki's form.

Hiroko turned and... stared at Masako, mouthing a single comment, before making it heard. "...What?"

"You act like it's wrong to be proud of how one looks, by doing that, she shows she's confident in her own looks. And she certainly does have a nice figure," Masako said, a blush spreading over nose and cheeks.

Hiroko shook her head, slight redness showing herself, but not nearly as deep. "But the way you convey that sounds disrespectful, Sakiyurai-hei."

Ageha blushed heavily at all the attention the others were bringing to themselves and, by proxy, to her. She squatted down with her hands above her head, hoping that no one could see her.

Masako walked over in a slow, methodically sensuous fashion and got right in Hiroko's face. Well, close enough. "I'm complimenting her Hiroko, get your head out of the sand," she said and straightened up and looked to Sakaki and thought for a moment. "Personally, I really like Sakaki no matter how she dresses... or undresses..." she smiled.

Hiroko leaned back, blushing further, actually looking like she was blushing this time. "I... But that sounded like a perverted old man, it... Do you..." Hiroko backpedaled, realizing that she couldn't come up with any further defenses than her basic claim. She sighed.

Sakaki blinked and nodded, not aware of the rules to the area and entered the dressing rooms to do her changing. It was quick, and she exited the room with a fresh look on herself. What was picked was a simple purple shirt and long skirt, the kicker was that she also had her hair down which reached her hips, which she took down since it didn't seem to fit the dress. She kind of blinked at the very odd conversation going on that she walked into.

Masako smirked some and blinked at Sakaki's new digs. "Whoa, holy Chiharu!" she exclaimed. "Damn Sakaki... you look beautiful." She smiled.

Hiroko turned away from Masako and blushed even deeper. She was already off her guard, and then she... "...You... really do, Sakaki."

Meanwhile, the poor communications technician was making her way to the front of the store, trying to keep her head low. They really are all crazy Ageha repeated to herself in her head over and over again.

Masako smiled a bit at her, inspired to want to find something fresh, but sexy like that.

"Ah, thank you, Masako," replied Sakaki, not quite sure why she came out like this, probably an innate want to be cute somewhere deep in her. She looked over Masako's shoulder wondering why Ageha was retreating as she was, and Sakaki felt like she would have to apologize later for something she originally did not understand. She picked up the rest of the clothing she would buy, then went out with the clothing she first tried on, feeling this way she could possibly be more open with the rest of the crew.

"I need some help in picking out outfits too, most of my stuff is… tomboyish..." Masako admitted and sighed a little. "There's one thing I was told to try but... I’m nervous about it..."

Hiroko blinked, trying to... to... recover her composure. "What, exactly?" And she looked down at her own blue dress that she had yet to change out of. "...Er, if you feel like finding something for me to wear as some kind of fairness, go ahead. But what thing?"

Masako blushed more and poked her fingers together. "My mom said I should try a cheongsam before I left, or something traditional," she sighed a bit. "And for you, Hiroko? Are you really sure you want to say that?" she grinned.

Like a groundhog checking for predators, Ageha peeked her head up, instantly regretful that she had strayed from the pack. Now what was she going to do? She was going to look awfully silly when they asked her where she went. Aha! And with that Ageha had the solution and hurried over to the bathroom—the perfect excuse.

Hiroko nodded, almost solemnly. "If you need help with traditional styles, don't be afraid to ask my opinion. And... Well... After that embarrassing scene, I’m not sure I understand the opinion of everyone else, clothing-wise anymore. I'm at least willing to see what you have in mind, even if it's some kind of bizarre revenge."

Sakaki, feeling brave, picked out things that she thought would look good, but only at Hiroko's and Masako's own risk. She stood there in her more girlish appearance holding up two sets of clothing that could kill a fashion designer.

Masako looked at Hiroko and then Sakaki and blinked a bit at the clothing she held up and blinked a few times innocently. To be a good sport, she'd try on the outfit and soon came back out in the dark green blouse and a light blue knee-length miniskirt. "Uh... this is a bit tight..." she said, blushing at how the clothing was hugging her body... too closely.

Hiroko looked over at Sakaki, then at Masako, and sighed. Seeing Masako walk off, she figured she had little choice. "...I'll try it on. I still want to know Masako's opinion though." The outfit was traditional, that was a given. But the brilliant, gaudy nigh-kabuki look to it seemed... Well... The strange look on Hiroko's face proved it before she embarrassedly ran back to change back into her blue dress.

Masako would go back and change into a properly fitting cheongsam that was sleeveless. It was red with golden dragon designs on it with white trim, wearing thigh-length black stockings and normal shoes instead of boots. "Uh how's this look?" she asked shyly and held something out for Hiroko, a … pink kimono with a flower print on it.

Hiroko took the kimono in hand and... looked on. "I have to say, you look... very different in more traditional clothing. But it flatters you, I'd think."

"You really think so? I think it attracts too much attention really..." Masako said and pointed to the diamond cut out in the chest that displayed ample cleavage without being risqué. "What about you, Sakaki... Ageha?" she asked them both.

Ageha, still hiding out in the bathroom, was nowhere to be seen.

Hiroko meanwhile looked to the left, and then to the right. "I'll go change into this then." The extra time gave Sakaki a chance to respond.

Sakaki gave a thumbs-up. To her, it matched Masako's busty, more outgoing nature, compared to, say, Sakaki's reserved nature.

"Nah, it’s ok, Sakaki. I liked the style but the fit was a bit tight," she admitted and smiled. "Hell, I might just wear this out of the store after paying for it," she said with a laugh. “Imagine the looks."

Sakaki was ready to leave in her new girlish style as well as a brown trench coat to cover herself in hopes to protect herself against the rain. She also purchased along a swim suit, a new kimono, and a couple of other styles she had liked.

Hiroko had meanwhile tried out, and actually kept, the pink kimono. This time she had changed into a deep green, airy blouse with actually rather close-fitting black pants. It was... a very different look for someone who had only been seen by the wing in either uniform or dresses...

Ageha walked out from the bathroom and headed back to the group where they appeared to have calmed down a bit. "Uoah, Ushimo-hei! That is a very good look for you," she complimented sincerely.

Masako would pay for her cheongsam and simply walked out with it still on after a moment of conflict with the shopkeeper about it. In the end though, things had worked out and she felt more... feminine in something like this. "Not bad, Hiroko," she said. "I think you're starting to come out of your shell," she said and glanced to Ageha. "Uh, where were you this whole time..."

"Sorry, I had to use the little girl's room," the ComTech lied through her teeth while smiling and trying to look as innocent as she possibly could. Ageha tried changing the subject quickly, "So, you guys ready to face the music now?"

Hiroko blinked, a bit naively not getting the comment. "Face the music? Wait, we didn't get into any trou-" Then she thought further. "Wait, do you mean...?"

Masako cackled, having understood it and grabbed Hiroko's arm and began to haul her back toward the club. "Oh yes, you're going inside, looking just like that!" She sniggered a bit as she tried to determinedly march Hiroko to the doors.

And so, Hiroko was dragged along, not offering significant resistance. She was a bit nervous and unsure though, as the confused looks left and right attested.

Sakaki stood there not understanding what just happened. "Where are they going?" asked Sakaki to Ageha.

"We," Ageha replied to Sakaki with a wink, "Are going to have some fun. C'mon!" And with that she motioned for Sakaki to follow her as she headed towards the door and the party that lay in wait outside.

Masako would take Hiroko into the party that was going on and released her after giving her a playful shove into the crowd. "Let the music guide you, Hiroko, and watch out for grabbers," she laughed before setting her stuff off to a side where it'd be safe and headed into the part to enjoy herself as well.

Thrust blindly into the fray of the dance, and the music, and... Hiroko was dazed. She had never been to a party like this, and most certainly not one with the Kigen Ongaku... which just served to disorient her further. The indigo-haired pilot flitted confusedly through the crowd, feeling different, maybe even unfamiliar emotions. She was stuck between the rhythm and her confusion.

Sakaki was unsure to enter the rave, and from her appearance one would thing she was reserved to join something as wild as this. "What is all this exactly?" the Neko asked Ageha, looking in from the outside.

"It's a party, of course," Ageha said with a small giggle. "Music, dancing. Fun!" She attempted to lead Sakaki into the throng of people by heading in first. "C'mon, c'mon!" she urged.

Stepping past the digital membrane and into what felt like another world, the members of the Pride Wing were elevated to another plane of thought. Everything felt intensified, as if the controls on their senses were tweaked up a few notches. Simple things like breathing felt more significant. The music could almost be described as sinking into the skin and possessing the listener to dance, as if the rhythm was alive in the crowd at once. The battle-geared DJ with a hand to his helmet and another on his instruments was skillfully floating above his setup like a samurai in a complex series of movements. The colors of the lights gave everyone an illuminating aura; it almost looked like everyone's souls were burning so brightly in the energy of the moment that they were bursting out from their bodies.

"Wow psychedelic," Masako commented when she realized the effects of the Kigen Ongaku. "Ok, this is just weird," she said as she looked around at all the other people in the club. She'd originally thought to just kick back and have some fun in here but it seemed almost threatening now. But nonetheless she'd shrug it off and just go with it, moving with the rhythm going on throughout the club, seeming not to care just where she was, probably bumping into people periodically as she did.

Actually stopping to see what was happening... or what looked like it was happening, Hiroko's eyes widened, and she just... stood there. Or at least, she tried. She felt herself meandering around the area, dancing almost by instinct. It was, it was... she had no idea.

Sakaki let Ageha drag her into the rave and stepped into the zone. Immediately she felt congested with the sudden change of her senses. What is this? she wondered while her left hand was on her head, and quickly processed herself to shut down the effects. I do not like this feeling, it feels too good, and enhanced my sharp senses even further, the Neko bemused in thought, as a warrior preferred to have control over her body.

Ageha just let herself go as she was taken in by the music. Her excuse was the music and the people. She felt no longer like an individual but one with the crowd. It was in places like this that where she didn't feel like she had to impress anyone or be anything other than herself. She felt invisible and safe as she danced alongside whoever was near by as the colors of their faces and individuality bled into everything else.

Ushimo-hei was amazed how quickly Ageha merged with the crowd, causing herself to be alone and isolated. She did not like the crowd, as it seemed they were all drunk on something, but kept this to herself as she meandered about looking for her friends if not to at least look out for them while they are having their "fun."

Masako, catching sight of Sakaki from where she was dancing with a Yamataian young male that seemed to enjoy her company, would make her way over. "Awww what's wrong, Sakaki?" she asked languidly and draped herself over her friend's shoulder and hugged her gently. "Just relax and let the music take you." She giggled a bit.

Hiroko, on the other hand, was... lost. A few other women were dancing near her and as she looked around, she felt... somehow trapped. Like she was in the middle of so many people. In all of the bright lights and wild emotions, she longed for... she pined for the cold void, the complete silence. There was a war within Hiroko.

Sakaki didn't understand but just nodded, while awkwardly hugging Masako back. She would try to go along with the grove, but could tell she didn't really grove well, not that the crowd cared.

Masako would grin at the fact she was trying at least. Proceeding to give Sakaki a few makeshift lessons in how to "grove," she'd instruct her by example. Masako, when she put her mind to it and wasn't thinking of blood, was actually quite lithe and sensual in dance, certainly knowing how to make her body work for her. "Come on now, you try it. You have the figure for it." She smiled.

"Woah, fancy meeting you guys here!" From behind the group came a loud shout, this actually might have been lost to the music if the voice itself wasn’t so characteristic. It seemed like there was quite a group of Senbu crewmembers in the crowd. Well, okay—maybe only three, but still, there was getting to be a load with the mix of the two groups. Leading the bunch was Phoenix, the fiery redhead from Gold Team 01, behind him was a few guys who weren’t recognizable.

Sakaki wasn't getting any better, especially since she had been ignoring the effects of the area. When the Gold members approached them, Sakaki took a slightly defensive stance to Masako, which in her current appearance she didn't look very tough or scary.

The voices addressing the group knocked Ageha out of her trance. She gave them a once over and teasingly asked her crewmates... her friends, "Oh, you guys know these boys?" If she had seen them on the ship, she didn't recognize them now with the music going and them out of uniform.

But then the music swayed, moving Hiroko along with it. She felt drunk, or crazy, or... something. The different outfit seemed to subconsciously interfere with her mood, too, and she felt almost edgy, but in an enthusiastic way… even if it didn't feel strictly correct. At which time she began swaying—right into Ageha. The bump didn't knock the tech down, but was enough for her to stumble against Ageha a bit until she picked herself up again. "I, ah, sorry, he's..." Her grey-blue eyes seemed delirious. "...Ah, from one of the other wings..."

Masako shifted and looked over her shoulder and before turning fully. "Yeah, well, better than doing nothing," Masako said to Phoenix. "Well, well, if it isn't bird-head." She grinned, referring to Phoenix's name and hairstyle. She would move right up against him, seeming a bit... high on the Kigen Ongaku effect. "What brings you here, you can't tell me you came here looking for little ol’ me now are you?" Masako smirked devilishly and pressed her breasts right up against his chest as she spoke. "Unfortunately for you... I'm already here with someone," she said and backed off and hooked an arm around Sakaki and nuzzled her affectionately and kissed her cheek.

The bump knocked the poor tech right into Masako and, when confronted with the larger woman's frame, knocked her back onto the ground. "Hey!" she called out, quite annoyed, but amidst the lights, music, and feelings, Ageha couldn't focus enough to tell who exactly had run into her. As she picked herself off the ground she was miffed at being mishandled so in front of the guys. "People need to watch where they're..." and she just sort of trailed off as the music picked her right back up.

The ever-cocky armor pilot shifted his stance, looking rather aggressive with a grin that looked like trouble. "Oh yeah, point him out, I'll have a nice talk to 'em," he said as he stretched out to look over her head for some guy who'd look like he was with her. Kaito was dressed in style, a modern leather jacket over a vintage tee with an older power armor model on it, a few accessories to add some flare. Then a nice fitting pair of flared, acid washed jeans. The guy looked like a polished up brawler.

"Are you ok Masako?" asked Sakaki as her sister-like friend seemed to be on a weird trip right now. She saw Ageha, only to witness her vanishing act into the crowd. Her eyes furrowed at the pilot’s forward attitude. "We do not want any trouble," Sakaki warned, not exactly sure if their actions were theirs, or the product of the strange effect of the area.

Hiroko stayed around Ageha for a bit, at first trying to help her up, then... sort of... just getting caught up in the dance, dragging her along for a bit. She really didn't know what she was feeling, or saying, or doing. This was so completely different from anything she'd ever known, and the unwitting manipulations of the Kigen Ongaku just amplified it. "I, ah, ah... it's a dance, you should keep on your feet, you... I feel strange..."

"I'm ok," Masako said and seemed to be coming out of it as she slowly put restraints on the input as a result of the Kigen Ongaku. Her fun time was up before she did something she'd regret later on. "It's the music, damn effect," she said. "I didn't realize it until now that I was being affected by it and on a psychedelic trip as a result of it," she explained and turned to Phoenix. "I'm here with the other Pride Wing members, Phoenix," the busty blonde explained to him and shifted a bit, adjusting the fit of her new clothing. "So don't go causing trouble on my account, ok, big boy?" Masako purred and ran a finger over his nose and chin. "Behave and you might get a reward later."

Ageha was totally back into the music and happily danced along with her friend Hiroko. "This is so great," she said, not really thinking about the words, who she was saying them to, or really, much of anything at all. It just felt good and that was good enough for her.

One of the other guys in the Gold Wing pack grooved over beside Hiroko, catching her comment and put an arm on her shoulder. "If you just let it go, instead of fighting it, you'll feel so much better... try it!" he said as he tried to get her to dance by grabbing her hands and groove with her. He was a charming looking guy, rather straight cut with blue hues in his hair and a dashing smile. Out of the whole group, he seemed the nicest. Subtle hints in his outfit, like the accessories and icons on his clothing let on that he just might be an otaku in a cute guy's body.

Hiroko looked at the man, then at Ageha, then back and forth and back and forth and... Then at the floor, then up, and she... shook her head. "I, I..." She wanted control. She wanted to stay in control of herself; it felt strange not to be. But on a random impulse, she grabbed his and Ageha's hands, pulling them into a rapid twirl. It was hard to tell if she followed his advice or not, but she had an actual, not-subtle smile on her face.

Phoenix’s very animated face twisted in a rather unimpressed expression. "Yeah, sure," he said with a hard shrug, and then walked past Masako into the rest of the crowd. His buddy followed soon after and the dude left with Hiroko and Ageha just stayed in his dance circle. He didn't much care for the drama, he just let the music pour through his soul.

Masako pouted. "Aw he's no fun."

It sort of felt like a childhood game, and so Ageha used her free hand and completed the circle with that guy. Which guy? Was it a guy? She didn't know or really care. It was a nearby hand and she latched on.

Sakaki calmed down and looked toward Masako, blushing a little bit with the memory of the kiss. "Masako, I shall wait outside of the zone," the Neko stated and began to leave. As she left she thought to herself, This party is not one I would enjoy. It would seem I need to be drugged by this area to fully enjoy this party, if this is required than I rather sit this one out.

Masako looked at her and then to the group and made a face and went with her, picking up her bag that was sitting outside of the zone. "Let's find something else to do, Ageha and Hiroko will be fine." She smiled a bit. "Is there anywhere else you wanted to go while we're in the city?" she asked.

What passed for their circle was formed when Hiroko took Ageha's hand, seeming to now be lost in the rhythm. It wasn't the right kind of music for it, but she whirled and glided across the floor like she was in some kind of high-voltage ballroom—or maybe Spanish—dance. This was... well... so unlike her. It was almost unimaginably so. Or was it?

"Are you sure we should leave them behind? What if they get into any trouble?" Sakaki asked Masako, who could only imagine the things that could happen while intoxicated in that mess. The only way she could think they could leave would be if they stumbled out of the zone.

"Think we should go in for them? If anything happened to them I know I'd feel bad..." Masako said after a moment of thinking. "I wouldn't want them to abandon me to a mess like that for god knows what to happen to me," she said and thought for a bit. "Let's just hang out here outside the zone and keep and eye on them. That seems to be responsible thing to do, wouldn't you agree?"

Sakaki nodded, if not worried about Ageha as cute as a puppy. She was seemed like she could easily get dragged away someplace by some creep. While crime was seemingly nonexistent on Yamatai, she couldn't help but to feel worried like a mother would.

The DJ, up high on his ziggurat of technology, moved fluidly above his magical machines and with a few presses and swipes, the throbbing base quieted down in a epic moment. The air hanging in the blue lights, misty feelings and traced moods were dispelled while a new wave of an awe-inspiring epic track. The feelings of high intensity and unison were gradually swept into a relaxed feeling of exploration and elevation as if floating in the techno rhythm. It was a calm like one after a great storm when the clouds broke and you could see moon light transfixed on a calm ocean in view.

Letting go of the hands she was holding, Ageha began to sway into the softer beat. "Oh this is nice," she said slowly, smiling at her friend. "Don't you think so, Hiroko?"

Hiroko found herself agreeing with Ageha, in fact, agreeing a lot. She had let go a while ago, but yet... this kind of mood seemed more comforting. While she was unusually happy, unusually, well, sociable? It was yet comforting, In her haze she remembered the womblike embrace of the vacuum, letting herself feel like she was swimming through the stars as she slid around where Ageha and some of the other dancers were. "It is, it's soothing..."

Longer and longer, the party when into the night, the DJ never disappointing with more feelings and tunes spun out like magic to the crowd. Then when it all ended, it was midnight and the shop was closing up. "Well folks, I'd like to thank you all on behalf of Symphonic Horizon for showing up to our Kigen Ongaku demo. Like I said before, I'm DJ Sakurashatter, it's been a pleasure spinnin' for you all. Buy my tunes, and if you like this, keep your eyes peeled for more of our concerts coming up. Drive safe!" he shouted over the system and then flicked a switch that dropped the containment field and killed the light show. Bright fog-lights then illuminated the area for everyone to find their way out. The only after affects of the music were the feelings found while listing to it, there were no adverse side effects linked to the use of the tech.

Then, from there, the Pride Wing members who weren’t inside got bored and returned to their hotel. The ones inside however, were off to an after party with the Gold Wing.

END

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back