• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Senbu Ep 48 - Mission 6: Operation Ram Defense (pt III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5tar

The defense theater outside of Aries Starbase

The battle raged on. Heavy losses were sustained on both sides but the relentless invasion didn't stop. Another group FTL'd in as far as they could, coming in behind the first fleet of the Uesu ships. The battle was pushing towards the enemies’ side.

"More ships incoming, identifying now!" a concerned sensor operator alerted the current command of the bridge. Both of the twins turned their attention to the screen and one of them began updating the Captain while the other stood up and began to coordinate efforts in the command bay. More Yamataian ships fell in the initial wave of long range support attacks from the new ships.

"They—they appear to be SMX ships but none of them match-up with the database!" the same operator reported in the new findings. This really was a new war, and they were already fighting on the frontlines.

Outside the Senbu, the Pride Squadron were quickly advancing on the remaining Mindy targets. Four of them were trying to keep ahead of the group exchanging chase fire as they rapidly came up on the Senbu’s Main Repair Bay. The one way up ahead of the group now crossed into the threshold of the Senbu’s atmospheric shielding and the pilot didn’t waste any time. The blue streak opened fire on the engineers and quickly advanced on a way to get into the ship. In the pilot’s assault, it released a cloud of missiles in every direction to hamper the acquiring of the damaged YSS Colichemarde.

"What the... ngh those pilots can't do their job," Suzaku said, having ducked behind cover to avoid the assault and spied a spare Daisy and made for it, rushing over to it to quickly don the armor to protect the ship. "This isn't good at all," he grumbled as she did.

Sakaki continued her fire at the advancing enemy Mindys and cursed the lack of a teleport attachment. “Remind me, Nanjo-hei, to never use the Death Blossom ever again,” she stated in frustration at her below average aim.

Ageha blinked and stared at the console. Still quite frazzled from the loss of Kuriko, Sakaki's request still managed to confuse her. "Ushimo-hei," she replied timidly, "you do have a teleportation unit currently equipped." Adding in a very hurried fashion, "But please don't teleport into the MRB, the Colichemarde is still inside!"

Sakaki blinked in surprise, “Oh?” then focused as she brought up the teleport command. “Thank you, Nanjo-hei, I must have forgot that it was customized by request.” She kept up her fire while the teleport loaded up.

Off quite a distance from the Senbu, where the 101st Tactical fighter Wing’s 1st Squad was engaged in a desperate battle to save the YSS Azuma, the skirmish had just started. The group of Hayabusa fighters tried to stay ahead of the assault wave, but some of the newer pilots were just too inexperienced to deal with the dizzying array of missiles. The chatter became full of voices, ‘I can't shake 'em’ and ‘my countermeasures aren't working,’ one person cried out for help. But when the contact came, Jessica could see her numbers drop by three pilots, one of them was her wingman. Now, the real fight started. Fighters were getting tangled with chases leading every which way around the Azuma. One fighter came up behind her, and she could hear the lock warning buzz in her cock-pit. "I got ya, babe," came a seductive womanly voice over her communications as the target came under-fire and quickly was downed in the fight. Her ID displayed in Jessica's HUD. She was a Joto Hei named Veronica Hoshiko. Apparently she had lost her wingman, and was now filling in for Jessica.

“Great shot, Ronnie, that was one in a million!” Jessica shot back as her assailant was turned into space dust. “On my lead, form up! We’re going right in to the danger zone!” she said, using the SPINE interface to call more of the squad up behind her as she increased the throttle on her Hayabusa and pushed it to the limit. Her own craft had been hit, but she didn’t think much of it, rerouting power from less important systems so that thrust could be maintained. All the while, she targeted enemy craft, looking out especially for Artemis fighters.

Masako gah'd as the lead got to the ship and turned on a dime and sprayed the enemy armors behind her, figuring she could at least try to prevent the rest from getting there. "That sucks, we've gotta stop those others before it gets any worse," she said to the others out there with her and continued to fire upon the other enemy units.

Kuriko exited her sudden teleportation with a heavy thud of unstable atmosphere and stratospheric emissions. She was in a dark and closed room inside somewhere. Her AIES was jolted from the exit took a few seconds to stabilize and triangulate her coordinates, for now all she could see is was darkness and boxes and boxes of stuff. It looked like the area was covered with fabrics, lots of small clothing items. Then—Sigmund realigned its systems and her visuals changed to low light enhancement. It looked like she was in a storeroom for some sort of business. As she got a better look, it looked like the inventory room for a lingerie boutique. Her AIES confirmed she was inside Aries in the shopping district in a store called “Yuuko’s Panties.”

Kuriko stood in the store room for a few seconds, stunned. She remembered getting hit, but not much else and now here she was. Once Sigmund informed her of her current location, something odd crossed Kuriko's mind. Well, it's not like I don't need some new clothing, Kuriko thought before quickly glancing at the and grabbing some panties at random and stuffing them into her butt-pack. "Nanjo-hei, this is Kuriko. I'm in… Yuuko's Panties store on Aries. I need directions out of here, my teleportation pack has been broken." There was a pause before Kuriko spoke again, "By the way, do you need any panties?" Kuriko asked as her hand prepared to grab another handful for the Hei.

"Taii!" Ageha piped up in surprise as Kuriko's voice came over the comms and her blip appeared inside the Aries. "Shifuda-heisho, what happened to you?" the ComOps asked pensively as she waved over to Akira. "I found Shifuda-heisho! She's on the Aries!" she announced excitedly.

"I'm not quite sure to be honest. I tried to block an enemy aether blast, got hit in the back by something and next thing I know I'm here with a broken teleportation module. Can you get me a list of what kind of panties you want and a map out of here?" Kuriko asked Ageha. Someone upstairs is going to think I've lost it, Kuriko mused.

Sasaki teleported just outside the MRB and the group was now moving into the cluster of engineers. The boarding defense team wasn't quite in place yet, so the four followed the leader who had carved into a hole into the bulkhead and was pushing into the next deck. They fanned out in a formation to cover the leader at the moment. In the close quarters they funneled the Pride Squad into the area. A smaller cloud of mini-missiles fired off from the group, to mess the MRB up even more. Bodies, shrapnel and large metal pieces of the Senbu floated about unchecked making the chaos a little harder to deal with.

"Try some of... this!" Chikako ducked and dashed to the left of the Mindy, attempting to evade the barrage as she brought down her Aether Saber-Rifle. Although she was a fairly lousy shot, she knew her weaknesses and ordered Ikauzuchi to target and fire on the enemy armor as soon as it had a confirmed lock. There was no sense struggling with her own aiming and worrying about hitting someone or something important, and figured that relying on a system that was actually coordinated with nearby IES units would be for the best.

After her teleport, Sakaki took evasive maneuvers while activating her forearm shields to deal with the missiles while hopefully not becoming a suicidal ball of flame. Then, bringing her weapon to bear, she leveled herself to the entrance of the MRB and set her weapon to spray laser at her enemy while charging toward them.

Ageha's face became flushed at the question. "Wha—what kind of panties?" she repeated in a harsh whisper. "What are you talking about Shifuda-heisho? Please hurry and return to the Senbu."

Masako grumbled to herself and advanced, changing her left forearm projector into shield mode and continued to advance toward the MRB. She had a teleport unit but hadn't had a chance to recharge it yet so she having to do go about it the manual way. "Yeah this is just going from bad to worse…" she muttered.

"Hai, you know... panties. What kind do you want? And I still need directions to the closest airlock or fastest means of escape," Kuriko responded.

"You bet cha', Jess, let's blow these thing and go home in one piece alright?" she responded with a feminine chuckle. Looking out her canopy and flying beside the flight lead, Veronica gave her a thumbs up and fell in behind in Jess' wingman spot. Out of the nine remaining fighters, seven of them were now grouped up on the lead pilot. The group of Artemis were still split after their assault and were easy pickings. Jessica and her squad pulled in behind a group of four trying to duck around the YSS Azuma and they split in two groups and went different directions.

The former Nepleslian pilot bobbed and weaved through enemy fire, taking more fire that shook her fighter throughout. “Hit me with your best shot, you bastards!” she barked as if her adversaries could hear her. “Fire away!” As she passed one of the split-up groups of Artemis, Jessica fired her lateral thrusters, turning the Hayabusa’s nose directly opposite the direction the fighter had been traveling. As her craft slid backwards, maintaining its speed, she launched her one remaining anti-craft missile at the passing enemy spacy fighter while she held down the trigger on her rapid fire turrets.

"Oh like hell you're going to damage our ship more than you already have," Suzaku said, suited up in a Daisy and crouched down using his AIES to take a shot on the leader armed with a LASR. Suzaku was aiming for what he knew could be possible weak points to the Mindy, opening fire on it and aiming for its power supply and dominant weapon with two shots. He was set up to fire from behind the shield the Daisy was equipped with by default.

Akira, who was busy at his panels assisting the search for Kuriko, quickly looked up as Ageha alerted him that she had found the Pride’s leader. He readjusted his headset and quirked an eyebrow as he listened closely to the conversation. He blinked a few times, wondering just what to say to all that. But instead he just shook his head and pulled up a map to try and figure how long it would take her to arrive. He looked around for a better option, taking into mind that she was currently without her teleportation pack. "Have her finish up her shopping spree, she needs to get back to the Senbu quickly," he gave the order to Ageha and returned to work.

Nodding to the Taii's order and focusing on her console again, Ageha radioed back to Kuriko. "I'm sending you the quickest route, please hurry home Shifuda-heisho." The fact that Akira was listening in on their conversation and knew that she and Kuriko were talking about lingerie.

Chikako's FCS corrected the fire and lined up the stream of fire. Her shots connected with the back of the evading unit. Another target down, the two vanguard units were taken care of and now Chikako needed to catch up with the rest of the squad. Meanwhile, it looked like the Senbu's MRB maw was slowly coming to a close, the YSS Colichemarde—she had only moments to catch up. Her HUD displayed that her teleportation unit was now fully charged.

"Ikazuchi. Send me where I'm needed," Chikako ordered quietly, stashing her saber-rifle away and preparing to teleport. She opened up communications with both the Senbu and Kuriko, and seemed to speak in an oddly dour, ambivalent tone. "Coordinates to where I should be. Where? " She seemed to not have much to say, and quite a bit on her mind.

Kuriko grabbed a handful of panties stuffed them in her butt pack before dashing off through the store toward the nearest exit. This certainly must be a sight to see, the Neko mused as she ran toward the nearest exit.

The new SMX-looking ships bolstered the Uesu fleet; it was getting overwhelming at this point. The defense fleet was dwindling in numbers, only a few hundred remained to hold off the thousand plus attackers. The fleet at this point was fighting to stay alive, Aries was as good as fallen—boarding parties from the mysterious fleet were filling in through the top of the space station and the attacking fleet was moving into a position to gain the base. The chaos only grew more as the new swarm of short-range fighters mixed into the lines of Star Army ships.

Meanwhile, the famous Taisa, Hanako, who was fighting in the nearby depot yards, knew there could be dire consequences of they lost the station; she had a decision to make—and she made it with haste. On the Aries, the PANTHEON called an emergency alert to get the attention of the populace. "This Star Fortress will self-destruct in one minute due to orders of the Chujo, based on catastrophic damage and imminent invasion. Everyone is hereby ordered to evacuate the station." The message repeated a few times and panic set in all over Aries as people rushed for their lives.

"Senbu! Aries is self destructing," Kuriko practically screamed into the mic before rushing even faster. The Neko used her gravity manipulation to fly above the crowd and move faster than the quickly growing mass of people rushing to the escape pods.

Suzaku, with his default Daisy setup, caught the attention of the group of Mindys. His shots were remarkably close to target but didn't seem to strike any critical systems. It did leave some damage though, and the missiles strayed all over the place and two of them slammed hard against the Daisy's shield and caused his firing stance to move and slide back along the floor. As for Sakaki, she moved out of the way just in time and blocked one of the stubborn missiles. The small explosion caused her shields to flicker, warning her that another one and he'll have to wait for it to recharge. Then, Chikako appeared just as a missile passed by her head and continued on into the void behind her. The MRB was getting wrecked, and the situation was as dire as outside.

After the defense, Sasaki's counter attack lined up past the group. Instead, the stream of fire completed what Suzaku had started. The lead armor was disabled; the others started backing towards the half hole.

Sakaki grunted when she took a missile but thankfully her shield held up as she flew though the dust cloud of the missile remains, continuing her attack. She noticed how effective the attack was and switched to melee and burned straight for the enemy. She would have teleported again; however she seemed to not be in her configuration at the moment.

Masako sped up and barely managed to get into the MRB and moved in a way to try and pincer them with Sakaki. Using her submachine gun to attack them in 3-shot bursts at them, she used her AIES to maximize accuracy. Inside the bay like that it'd be critical to avoid damaging too much else or it may not be able to repair itself with any form of efficiency. "Glad to see you're okay, Sakaki. You had me worried for a moment there," she said.

To be continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back