• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: NSS Sledge Mama Ep. 5.5 - I Hear You Like Cats?

Richard expected to be over powered by the ID-Sol eventually, but he didn't expect him to compose himself so quickly and simply pull him off. He thought he'd at least get some time to think. He didn't expect to just be dangled around by his leg though. Hearing what the ID-Sol was was somewhat aggravating, all this just so he could have some fun. He was used to going overboard with things, did it himself some too, but he didn't like playing the part of the fool. "You heard him, so let me down."

Alec let go of the woman's leg before sliding back under table for cover, leaving his hands out and up in a surrendering motion. "I have barely been here long enough to have any sexual relations with Nekovalkyrja nor know of anyone with sexual ties to a Nekovalkyrja with in this unit, sir." He waved a hand to his comrades. "I am fairly sure no one within the suspected party has any sexual contact with them either." He hoped this would get them off the hook. Or at least himself.

As he was dropped Sawyer would mutter simple curses to himself before he hit the ground with a slight thud as he rolled to get back to his feet and looked at the ID-Sol that had dropped him and would tilt his head quizzically to the side before he spoke. "I'm fairly certain none of us here have any tendencies towards bestiality and from what I understand none of the others have ever been with a Neko."

Jamie felt something on his back, and jumped forward and around before noticing what it was. He looked up at the ID-SOL which had calmed down, going back through his mind about what happened. He gave a squirrely smile to the calmed giant. "Well this was eventful, haven't had this much fun since wartime." His face dropped when he remembered why the fight came up, he doubted that the ID-SOL actually knew it was one of his group but attempted to solve the situation,

"If it's too much to ask, why the hell are you asking?"

"Ugh, I feel so dirty." Battered and bruised, the Pink marine simply turned her nose up at Alec's comment, his half-hearted kick dirtying her already dirty uniform. She simply returned it in kind, just a bit harder than he had mustered. At the same moment though, her eyes met with Alec's. He got nothing but disdain from her as he practically cowered under the table. Then again, considering how things went once the ID-SOL got serious, was it really a surprise? Without their Great Equalizers - guns or power armors - the 'Super' part of 'Supersoldier' became all to clear. As the marines of the squad spoke up at the muscled colossus however, the crowed seemed to gather around them all, pressing ever so slightly closer, eyes focused.. It wasn't until Jaime opened his mouth that the ID-SOL's eyes popped wide in surprise.

"Seriously? You don't know? Well shit, I feel bad now," he remarked, scratching the side of his head with a beefy hand. Looking at them all, the ID-SOL set his hands on his hips as he began to explain. "First," the giant pointed at them all, "You're all under the Valkyrie. We don't call her that for nothing - she lived in Yamatai at one point, but on top of that? She's stone cold. Got her entire squad wiped out, no questions asked when an order came down. She's like a dog that always follows orders."

The pink marine spat.

"That's not the problem - there's a cat on board the ship, and if anyone's going to get it, it's going to be that bitch!"

"Why was a cat let on board in the first place? Isn't that a gapingly large security risk?" Stripe asked, as he stroked his chin musingly while kicking aside some trays on the floor. "I don't particularly like the damned things, but the beuracrats don't do things like that for nothing."

Looking at the ID-SOL, he gave a grin. "Think less 'There's a cat on board!' and more 'We're using the cat for now, but later all bets are off.'. I like the idea that we are pitting one of our foes on another."

Jamie raised his eyebrows when the ID-SOL explained. He went to say something to him, but looked to the pink one when she spoke. Smiling after a bit, he spoke up. "Well, the cat is as much as a security risk as you think, some security team is getting either one hell of a promotion, or one hell of a beating," he then stuck out his real hand to the pink one, "Get up, dust yourself off, and get the hell over it."

Sawyer would shrug as the ID-SOL spoke; "She's not nearly as bad as some of the other commanders I've fallen under. Volkov couldn't tactic herself out of a paperbag without a precisely worded series of instructions from Grand Admiral Valken who couldn't find his ass with both hands if all of his fingers were flashlights attached to multihundred watt rechargers. I'm the guy that gets shot the most so I'm fairly used to it at this point." He'd gesture to his cybernetic leg as he spoke, "Got this from one of Volkov and Valken's brilliant ideas where they threw us into a fight with reapers and tried to say no high explosives or antimatter rounds for the AOP that I had on hand. That was a clusterfuck beyond all belief, so was the incident where I got this nice scar on my shoulder, again, no high explosives, and no AOP at all. Guess what we ran into there? A Ravager class Mecha, and us with HPARs and me with an AMP, that was a massive cluster of a whole new level."

Last edited:
Several marines shook their heads, while others laughed when Stripe spoke up.

"Scrub, that much optimism is poisonous. It's obvious - the cat's got the Big Cat behind her and is using us, and she's not the kind to play ball if our command tries to use her instead. We've been fighting over this. The Neko on board? She's a Black Cat," the ID-SOL replied. With the rising murmur amongst the crowd of marines however, the giant turned to them. "Hey, the reason the cat's here - wasn't that one of the reasons you guys started fighting? I got no clue, since I just wanted to work out." The murmur started to turn into a loud cacophony as the situation rapidly spiraled out of control, reenacting the very series of events that lead to the fight to begin with.

"F@&#ing cats should stay in the litter box!" one marine cried out.

"Anyone they stick it with has to be a cat lover!" one of the cooks peered out of his fortified bunker of rations.

"Hey, if it's command, they'd stick her with the best, most loyal dogs, not some cat F@#&er!" yet another voice joined the rising chaos.

"Ugh. Damnit! We just went over all that - since their Top has a rep, that team's likely going to get it," Pinkie picked herself up, pointing an accusatory finger at Jaimi, her pink eyes glaring at him. As the wrath of the crowd seemed to converge on them all however, the testosterone poisoned mass coming closer as knuckles cracked, Sawyer defiantly spoke out. With his words, the crowd went silent as they all simply stared. They had a moment to think, but the thing that dawned on the squad was not the prettiest. With the ID-SOL looming over them, Pinkie as the opposition, and the crowd all around them, this was like a court room. Only, there was no law to follow. Just lots and lots of raw, muscled instinct and pent up frustration.

"S-seriously?" the ID-SOL's eyes popped in shock.

With that, they had an opportunity. A chance to turn this around, sway the opinion in the other direction. Now, was the best time to strike.

Last edited:
Sawyer would sigh and shake his head slightly "Hell, I forgot, I started out under Admiral Wazu and Harm, while Top might have a Black Cat walking around with her, at least she's not a goddamned walking talking catgirl weapon with tits. That was almost as bad, and holy gods we had some incompetent NCOs in that clusterfuck too. Oh, I'm Corporal Aubrey, I'm one of the survivors of the drop on Rok'Veru. So far at least we haven't gotten fed into a meat grinder, I consider that to be a slight advantage.

Last edited:
Richard got himself back on his feet and dusted himself off, looking really annoyed. "That's what all this mess was about? Are you serious?" He walked up to the ID-SOL, getting in his face a bit, not seeming that worried about the difference in stature or strength. "Look I don't know what shit you guys go on about in the military but the Sergeant has got us out of some tight spots thanks to her command. Maybe she scrapped some dudes in the past maybe not, but obviously you weren't there, so don't talk." He took a breath only allowing enough pause to change the train of thought, it wasn't meant for anyone to interrupt and he kept talking through. "And you want to bitch about some cat? Fine, go bitch to the paper pushers, even if we do get this cat it's not like we can do anything about it."

"If you really hated this Cat, you'd come up with a plan convincing enough that we'd use it to kill the Neko once we have what we want."Stripe sighed, somewhat frustrated at this point. "Better yet, find out why the Brass needs the Neko and do it better! Show them why we're better."

Hiding under the table, Alec tacked on confused to the list of how he viewed the current situation. He wanted to slide out from under the table and start asking some questions himself but rising tide of pure rage and muscle convinced him to coil back under the table, waiting to dive out if things got hairy.

"Hey, don't get me started brah, I've seen my fair share of shit, all while getting the Big Green Weenie too," the Super Soldier jokingly countered Sawyer. It seemed the mood with the ID-SOL was improving already, and considering what he said earlier, he was possibly being honest. The moment Richard spoke however, this giant of a man looked absolutely bewildered. "Uh, yeah? I mean, the other squads were arguing a lot, and they were really annoying, so I just wanted to see what would happen if I tossed my tray at them," he knowingly grinned. It was, for all intents and purposes, out in the open. The real perp, the one who started it all, was right on front of them.

"Hey, just because Cow Titties has been giving you the run around, doesn't mean she won't get you all killed at the drop of a hat if it means she'll get promoted!" Pinkie scathingly replied to Richard. "I hear The Valkyrie only got promoted to Top because she pulled that off to start with!" She practically turned her nose up at what he suggested however. "Pfft, you know that's not going to work." Turning to look at Stripe however, her faintly pink glowing eyes locked onto him like a sentry-turret. Pointing at him with a finger, she spoke very clearly, "If anyone's going to kill her, it's going to be you guys. Friendly fire, you hear me?" The rancorous marines cheering her aggressive, Anti-Yamataian stance only cheered her on more. Just before she was about to say something more though, the Pink Marine noticed something moving. "You do know I'm not wearing a skirt, right?" she asked Alec. The angry shouts for blood suddenly started turning into catcalls as the crowd started egging him on.

"Just DO IT!" one marine could be heard shouting over the others. However, all this stopped the moment the doors to the mess hall opened. The figure who strode in wasn't the tallest, or most powerfully built around. Despite this, the person exuded an aura of death and despair. It was Ylfa. She didn't seem to notice the injuries, the mess on the floor, the food on the walls. No, not at all. Dark, sleepless bags were under her eyes, her hair was a little messy, and her uniform was slightly rumpled; she simply strode straight through the crowd, the formerly rowdy marines falling silent, quickly parting to make room. All so she could get some coffee and a doughnut.

"Hey guys," she wearily greeted her squad on her way out. "Fucking cat," they could hear her mutter under her breath, the door closing behind her. At this moment, not one word was said as they all looked at eachother. The Pinkie however, shattered the silence with a few choice words.

"So, the plan is simple. We kill the Catgirl."

Last edited:
"Alright, all racism aside, that Cat is a risk we know nothing about. If we're going to kill the Neko, knowing about its training, history and experience will make it easier predict and costs us nothing." Stripe calmly stated with feigned disinterest, casually sitting down and preparing to take notes.

"Who here can access that? Who knows why someone upstairs thought we'd need that cat?" Turning to the ID-SOL and Miss Pink-Eye, he added "Who's in charge? I'm too fresh to be of any use yet, and frankly I don't hate Nekos as a whole, I just find this whole business suspicious enough to want to fry the problem."

Jaime walked backwards in a sort of half sneaky half slow sort of way towards a table and picked up another tray. He sensed that someone was about to either get killed, or REALLY killed. As she walked out he returned her greeting somewhat exhausted, "Hey...Top," before death gripping the tray in what he thought was going to be more of a brawl than what he walked into earlier.

He spoke once more when the door closed, but sounded a bit more arrogant than before, "Hey I don't like the stuck-up bastards either, but this isn't the place to start a damn coup." Once Stripe spoke he looked at him with a 'You newbie' look and looked back at the crowd.

"Why are you giving me that look?" Stripe grumped at Jaime. "Too much inconsistencies means some ass is being manipulative. Until I know who, all I can do is throw them off or get lucky."

Richard never did like being told what to do, and even more so from a roid raging lunitic and someone who clearly spent too much time at raves, so instead of engaging them any further he just walked past, heading to get himself something to drink, and if he was lucky maybe get the cooking crew to sneak some booze into it.

"I am well aware of that, miss." He said, sliding out from under the table and dusted himself off as he stood up. "So, murding catgirls is the way to go it seems. You know, those biological weapons engineered to kill things on a scale that could rival the ID-SOLs if people didn't manufacture them with more boobs than brains. Yeah, sounds simple."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back