• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Pisces Episode 01 - 'Under A Blind God'

The Information Systems team leader shrugged; he was the first to arrive and had seen each other person as they came in. "I'm just as in the dark as you are. Whatever it is, it sounds pretty important."

Yaichiro silently waited, looking over reports from Kokoro-Heisho upon the preparations for Weapon Installation.

"..."

Camellia, again was the last to arrive at the afor mentioned location, readjusting her uniform's outercoat. These things were cumbersom, but since she had the freedom to choose her type of dress, she opted for the lest skanky uniform.

"What now?" She grumbled as she finished buttoning up.

Yaichiro glanced up.

"We don't know...it must be something important, to bring everything to a screeching halt like this..."

Christopher Young - Murder In The First - Adoramus Dei

Right when she said she would arrive, Marina entered the room; she waited a few minutes for some stragglers to come along, and then Marina began, opening her laptop and displaying a projection on the screen behind her; the picture was of an ornately decorated box, the same one that Marina found on her desk.

"I know you don't all know me yet, but we have no time for formal introductions. About 30 minutes ago I walked into my office to find this package on my desk. Inside, there was this."

Marina tapped a button on her laptop; the picture changed, an ornately written and presented letter a stark contrast to what could only be described as grotesque - fully, impossibly intact eyes staring out at the people in the room. Several of the more human team leaders threw up a little.

Yaichiro's eyes narrowed at the sight in front of him...he wasn't as hardened as some veterans, true, but he may have seen more actual combat and injuries than most of the assembled party, so his stomach didn't turn like some of the others'.

"...Has the body been found that belongs to those eyes? If not, I can order my team to start searching..."

Chief frowned; to her mind, it was probably a medical technician with a sick sense of humor and access to cloning facilities to grow the eyes displayed on the screen.

"Are you sure it isn't some demented practical joke on behalf of the station's medical staff?" Chief kept her question succinct, merely to entice the possibility into the others' minds as well.

Caine was looking at the display of the eyes and sighed a bit, thinking about who could've done this and why. He was a combat vet and was hardened to the sight of such brutality, crossing his arms while he thought. He was listening to the others' opinions on it to form his own. "I don't think the medical staff would do something like that to shake her up." He said to the chief.

"You said it came with something else. I can only imagine it was aletter of some sort." he said. "We need to have those eyes' DNA tested to find out whose they are. Even if they're clone eyes, they'll still have it on them." Caine said. "If it's not too much to ask, can I see the letter it came with?"

Yaichiro nodded. "I am curious about the letter as well...but I'm surprised the eyes are in such good shape...if they weren't cloned, then the head almost had to have been taken apart AROUND them..."

Camellia took everything in and calmly crossed her arms, like Caine, she's a combat veteran and has seen her share of death and gore. This, on the contrary to what most would expect, intruged her more then it disgusted her.

"I've been known for my flair for the dramatic, Caine can atest to it," she said simpley, sarcasm dripping from her words as she raised an arm while talking, "but this. This is taking the term too far."

"This person used peticular word play when it came to the letter," she said while looking at the overhead blowup. "Looks like they like riddles as much as they like dismemberment." She muttered while perking a brow.

Yaichiro nodded.

"Yes...and they didn't mention the Taisa by rank or post even once. She is only refered to by name...and it seems EXTREMELY personal...I wonder...if this wasn't just meant for whoever was in charge of Pisces, but meant specificly for THIS Taisa."

Yaichiro but his thumb to his chin in thought for a moment...

"I assume you wouldn't know anyone who would stoop to such a level who is assigned to this station...no disgruntled subordinates? Also...should we keep quiet about this for the time being? Having rampant suspiscion and uncertainty on the part of our subordinates could hinder any action we take.."

Marina, as her officers spoke, was taking notes upon their comments. Then...whoever it is...I suppose, they want not only to affect this station, but me...and such attention to detail... She didn't respond yet, knowing that she had little to offer to the discussion; rather, she simply transmitted copies of the letter to every communicator in the room, so that it could be read more closely. It's hard to believe I have an enemy so quickly...

Chief spoke up again, having devoted some time to thinking about it. "Whoever it is, they have access to personnel files, high level clearance, and possibly stealth abilities. In any case we should keep a lid on it. None of te conversation leaves this room, and we should remain at normal status unless and until something happens to warrant a change in status quo."

She spoke as her authority allowed; being the XO made it quite easy to say such things without fear of the captain overriding her decision.

Yaichiro nodded...

"Understood, Chief...so will we try to solve this crime ourselves, or will we enlist aid from Yamatai? Also, is getting KAMI up and running going to be bumped up in priority so that we aren't so blind? If so, I am willing to loan a few personnel for that end from the weapons team."

"Getting the KAMI system up was and still is our first priority, unless the captain says otherwise. We'll increase security just slightly, a few more people posted at central corridors and docking facilities won't be too unusual; if anyone raises a fuss we'll tell them that the extra people are there as part of a training exercise."

None

Marina nodded as her XO gave the orders. "In addition, I want all outgoing communications to be monitored; Sarri-chui, you can arrange that with the Information Systems team. Above all else, we need to make sure that this station is completed on schedule - and to do that, we need to keep this information secret, and quickly catch the killer, before he can not only destroy life, but this station, and all that we have worked so hard to maintain."

And with that, the captain stood up. "You have your orders. Meeting dismissed." The engineers started to leave the room, with various looks on their faces.

Chief remained and lingered, after everyone else had left she slammed her fist against the nearest convenient object. "If only the KAMI was the first thing they installed, we could've gone back and looked at everyone who ever went into your quarters and investigate them." She sighed, grumbling about the incompetent designers and the even more incompetent construction team, but above all that the regulations-happy logistics nerds who had to have everything in triplicate, notarized and approved by a commanding officer before they even allowed a request to be submitted, let alone filled.

Yaichiro headed back down to his Engineering team, and resumed working...Kokoro-Heisho singled him out...

"So what's happening, Kage-Juni?"

Yaichiro just started working. "Nothing much...we're just stepping up KAMI's construction, that's all..."

It took Camellia a while, but she located the Security center and the current staff, which consisted of Camellia herself, and two other people. One, a neko with strawberry red hair, with a Santo Hei pin on her chest, looked over at Camellia and perked an eyebrow. "Who the hell are you?" She asked.

Camellia responded with a brow twitch and a frown. "I'm a Chui," was all she responded with, and the neko's expression paled some. "I'm also here to tell you that I'm going to be incharge of station security." She paused as she looked around, "are there only two of you?" She asked, somewhat puzzled.

Another neko, this one with brown hair done in pigtails and a Joto Hei pin, stood and bowed to Camellia. "Joto Hei Sasaki, ma'am, and yes. Sofar there are only three security crew counting yourself at the moment." Joto Hei Sasaki straightened, "since the station isn't completed yet, most of the staff is still on leave on Yamatai, till you arrived it was just me and Santo Hei Inou."

Camellia forwned again, this was getting to be the worst first day ever. "Ok then, we've recived orders from the Taisa to moniter outgoing communications, Sasaki, you and Inou go and tell the information systems team."

Caine nodded and wordlessly left the conference room and began to mingle among the people on the station, keeping his ears open for rumors or clues to who could've done it. It was a problem, if the guy that did this knew Arisa personally, he might have a personal vendetta on her. (Using male as the default)

He clicked open the communicator to contact the CO for a moment. "Sorry to interrupt but it's also possible that the perpetrator isn't on the station......yet and tha tcould've been delivered by messenger. I suggest tightening security on incoming deliveries for a little while." he said.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back