• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Cirrus Station [Episode 2] Little Problems

She nods gleefully at Purina in response, accepting the jar.

"Remember that I'm a priestess! Of course, I'll have at least as much care of them as I have of myself." She stated proudly, holding the jar respèectfully like it was a child or a holy relic.

"So sorry to interrupt Popjoy," Kess butted in, not looking very sorry at all. "but we need to pack it up soon and head back. We've got patrol duty tomorrow, and they need their rest."

"Of course, of course!" Purina replied, bowing apologetically. "I did not mean to keep them. I just wanted to express to them my deepest gratitude, and tell them that today they have gained, if nothing else, a good friend in a moderately high position," she finished, brandishing a smile.

After exchanging short farewells, Kess and Mimi led the group back to their sardine can bunkroom, where other station security members were milling about getting ready for their own periods of rest.

(OOC: Begin setting your characters up for closing! Episode 3 starts soon.)

Later that evening...

With the rest of the station and her projects coming to a slow, the station once again assumed a quieter, more tranquil setting. The hallways, still stark white, still empty, were left slightly haunting in appearance as the station below them purred and hummed, not slacking in its own labor assigned to it.

What this meant was that Cassefin Montreal, in front of her hundred monitors, was having a very uneventful night spying on her employees. Clad in her usual nightwear of a set of white and red pajamas, her hair let down and her glasses on the stand beside her chair, the Cirrus Station administrator was burning her own midnight oil in her own, personal way. Her eyes strained as she tried, fruitlessly, to watch all of her monitors at once, and she groaned heavily when she realized that, not that she was trying, but that she couldn't. Cassefin leaned back into her seat and stared aimlessly up at the farthest corner monitor once more.

It was more or less obscured by some sort of object, making whatever it was behind the camera's lens hidden from her view.

"Damn that Popjoy..." Cassefin grumbled, scowling at the empty screen. "I know she did that on purpose...stupid dirt-brained..." She rambled on silently to herself, reminiscing about her surprise at hearing that her CSS Elite team had finished up so quickly. Even more surprising, it would seem Popjoy got her little wish...not that Cassefin cared. She was focusing on other matters...like a shipment of minerals from one of the Colonial Expanse colonies due in next week, and the arrival of the test day for the Cirrus' military testing project. And then there was the matter of that armory...

Cassefin crossed her arms and chewed her thumb idly. The next few days would require special attention...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back