• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: Cirrus Station [Episode 5] A Unique Encounter

Kokuten smiled a bit at Noboru's comment as he seemed to defend their side of the argument, though his expression seemed to turn sour once he heard his final comment.

Cipher said:
"- but at least they aren't the latest in combat hooker chic."

The Doctor looked at Akio sternly, picking him out from the one who seemed to recently scoot to the back. "Noboru, they say that maturity does not set in fully in the standard Nepleslian/Yamtaian mind until the age of twenty." His tone wasn't biting, which seemed to make this statement odd. In fact, the way he spoke, it was almost as if he was being very sincere. The Nepleslian continued.

"Unless my eyes have deceived me, you strike me as someone who is older and better than that. Now, if I have been deceived, then stay where you are, I understand. Otherwise, get to the front and apologize to this woman."

Cyril didn't drop from the parade rest he was holding when the white haired Yammy let off a stream of insults that, as these things went, weren't actually half bad. He didn't even relax when Lance leaned over to snark at Noboru. He was damned if he was going to let himself be less professional then their opposite numbers. Okay, granted, that wasn't exactly terribly hard right now. But still, it was the thought that counted. Well, that and the sense of smug superiority.

Of course, that didn't stop him from answering Lance with his radio. Just because he wanted to look like an automaton perfect security guard didn't actually mean that had to be one. "Wasn't expectin' that from our new Yammy friend. They're usually so quite about their dickery..."

Noboru sighed, stepping to the front of the group after reading Kokuten's "I'm-gonna-rip-you-a-new-one" stare.

"Sorry, ma'am."

Kokuten appeared positively delighted at Noboru's response. His face reverted to the usual warming smile and he gave the man a thumbs up.

"Good man!" Kokuten said to him, turned to to refer to the commander in front of him.

"You see, they're all very respectful individuals, it's just... This station gets to the best of us, I mean, it even could've been me talking badly of your Combat Hooker Chic and--..." Kokuten slapped an armored hand over his mouth and shock washed over his face as he suddenly realized what he had just said. His eyes turned an embarrassed red as he looked back over at Akio, who would've been close enough to hear that clearly enough. The Doctor coughed for a moment, realizing how correct Noboru may have been earlier.

"Oh... uh... heh..." Kokuten stumbled, turning his head back towards the sharp looking commander. Normally, he would easily recover from such a social blunder. However, he was now a Captain of the second most prestigious on the station and current representative of the entire CSS to the Uniques. "I... So embarassing... I apologize, I meant, you look very nice."

Noboru would have grumbled a snide comment or a sarcastic quip at this point. He would have maybe even, at the least, snickered heartily. But no, not right now. Right now, between the fact that everyone was making the same joke he just had, he was now somewhat fearful of his ongoing status of "has a pulse".

So he immediately stepped back from Kokuten's side and faded into the muddle of the rest of the squad.

Claire looked absolutely bewildered.

"...What's wrong with them? I think they're cute."

To Claire, of course, anything that showed off her figure would be wearable by her. She listened to the rude comments be made by her squadmates to which she folded her arms. "You know, some women are proud of the way they look, as -shocking- as that may sound to you. What's wrong with flaunting a little if you've got it?" She didn't seem to be aware that she was one of the few, if the only one, that actually liked the suits.

Lance chuckled in his suit before responding to Cyril. "So they are. I guess being around Neps on the station has caused him to slip a little." he responded, via radio to Cyril.

When the commander himself even slipped up, Lance chuckled again, amazed that even their commander would slip up so readily. Combat Hooker Chicks... certianily seems to fit their apperances pretty well. he thought to himself.

"It's the heels that scare me," she whispered to Claire, keeping her helmet's speaker very, very quiet. "How do they run around without tripping or getting caught in catwalks?"

"Oh, I know, we're terrible like that, ain't we? Making people all interest'n and such." He said aside to Lance. He normally didn't particularly care for Yammies, but maybe there was hope yet for this particular specimen.

When Claire spoke up in favor of the uniforms, Cyril broke from the parade rest by slightly tilting his head toward her. "Oh, it ain't that they're showing skin Claire. Er, well, you know. I got nothing against that. It's just that the silver armor and the pink camis look so fucking ridiculous. It's like I were wearing my boxers outside me armor, you know?"

Claire chuckled at Keziah's comment, "Some can pull it off. But not me. I'll give you that one." When she heard Cyril's explanation of his complaint, she nodded her head slightly. "Oh you meant the color scheme? I'll agree with you on that one. Change it up to something that actually compliments the style and I'd want one too. But yeah... the bright color there is out of place." While Claire talked fashion with her squadmate, she kept rubbing her palm unconciously.

She should probably be paying attention to what they were saying though. She shook her head slightly to snap herself out of her thoughts.

Speedy stood in the rear of the group, not wanting to attract any attention to himself, he simply snapped his visor shut, and let his hand rest on his HHG. Speedy's thought could be summed up as this: Stilettos?On combat gear? it's useless for combat, in any case, it make stability hard, therefore useless. Camisoles? Those are just begging to get damaged in combat... An all female squad? No comment.

If his face was visible, he'd be obviously showing his 'displeasure' in the absurdity of the situation. For the most part, he he didn't like the attitude of the Uniques' leader, but he was smart enough to stay silent.

"It's the silver that cuts it for me." Cyril said, shaking his head slightly. Claire seemed to have a good grasp on fashion, but that wasn't exactly what made him want to snicker everytime he looked at the Uniques. "It looks like something that a lonely nerd would dream up."

"Probably did," she muttered back to Cyril. "Still, I wouldn't mind being less bulky. Especially these backpacks. Doesn't matter what color it is, I'd just turn off visible light so I wouldn't have to look at it. If it were ugly."

Jen kept quite though, it was noticeable that she probably wouldn't get along with a gal like this one, It's girls like that I joined the men in uniform, she thought as she reflected on the past.

But that passed as she then just crossed her arms, and glared at the troop before her, "What are they supposed to be? Dancers?" she retorted, just loud enough to be heard by everyone.

"Actually, Combat Ho-" Noboru stayed his tongue as he responded to Jen's comment. One reprimand was enough for the day, at least in his newfound opinion- one that had been acquired after deserting the SAoY and being dicharged from the UOCPF. So he shook off the beginning of his statement and traded up for something that wouldn't beat his blunder like a dead horse.

"Don't look like dancers... Although I'm pretty sure that may have been a concept for Yamataian combat armor at one point. Camisole included."

Lance nodded his head a little, "Aye, we should all be strung up and shot for making people so non-conformist, and daring to make people interesting at the same time." he responded, vaguelly cheerful in the manner.

"Thanks," Tweak said quietly after Deacon summarized the situation. He might not have heard her unless his hearing matched the rest of caninity, no one else certainly did.

Wait, someone had mentioned pirates, where did the pirates come in? "What about-" she started to say, but Deacon had already moved past her.

Following Kokuten, Tweak hung back and off to the side of the main group after consciously placing a tag on the new squad leader with her tactical system's HUD so she wouldn't lose track of him. Once the team got to the bay, her attention was primarily listening to her teammates' chatter so it took a few seconds to realize what was going on. Her TacSys automatically tagged the newcomers, analyzing them as their leader...why else would her, well, 'uniform' set her apart from the others?...approached Koku and began conversing with him.

They must be this Venross company's security, then, thought Tweak, something that was soon confirmed. The tags she had on them were switched to "Friendly", but she left them in yellow. For some reason these people didn't give the neko a very good feeling.

((OOC: Edited; took out an extra "no".))

"Ah, we can get you a big bucket of green paint Kaz. I'm sure you'd look smashing. Better then those carbon copies, at least." Cyril said with a chuckle. He didn't know who called those tittering morons 'Uniques' but they'd either suffered through a triple irony bypass or had a wicked sense of humor. Given the way that his home and native land rolled, it could go either way. Now, of course, if this were a Yamataian unit he'd already know the answer. But the Neps were much more of a mixed bag.

Rather than looked aggravated by the countless jabs and insults being thrown at her and her squad, the Unique Captain merely stood, arms crossed under her shimmering chrome chest, looking rather amused. "Aww, that's so cute how they get all defensive about their uniforms, ain't it girls?" the woman said, turning a little as she addressed the rest of her squad. Apparently, the Uniques' armorsuits were also capable of external speech even when the visors were closed, most likely with the help of a miniature speaker system. The Uniques began laughing once more, answering their captain with the same tone.

"Very cute, ma'am."
"I'm just all fuzzy inside, ma'am."
"I might just die from all this cuteness, ma'am."
"Like a bunch of kittens, ma'am."

"Well," the blonde Unique turned back to face Squad 35 with a haughty smile. "Just so you know, I highly doubt we'll be needing your help protecting our employers. Mr. Vinross Yu and Ms. Cranker are in-"

"-the best of hands. Right, Captain Bell?"

Placing a single hand onto the Unique Captain's shoulder, a new pair of figures appeared unto Squad 35. The blonde Unique simply nodded, muttering a quick "Yes sir," and pulling her visor back down as she stepped aside while the rest of the Uniques stood at attention.

A Nepleslian male stepped forward to take her place at the head of the pack, arms opened in a welcoming gesture. The man sported a pair of black slacks, matching long-sleeved button shirt and gold-colored tie, with a tall, thin physique belying his powerful presence. The other figure, a woman, was noticeable for something other than presence, however, wearing a stylish business suit and skirt and plenty of cosmetic make-up. Judging from how the Uniques and their sharp-tongued captain reacted to their actions, there was little doubt that these two individuals were their employers...Laj Vinross Yu and Marrisa Cranker.

"You'll have to excuse Miss Bell," Laj said with a chuckle. "You've already seen how good she is at making new friends. But I must admit, she does her job rather well. I feel perfectly safe on her watch."

"And the uniforms were my idea," Marrisa added in from behind Laj, flicked her hair back luxuriously as she spoke. "These camisoles are fairly new, and I needed some way to get some publicity on them. Seeing as our company is in the new a lot these days, what with our involvement in the development of the Colonial Expanse, I always dress our lovely security force with quality products to get a little...er...free advertising, I guess you could say. So far, I haven't heard any complaints...free clothes will do that for a girl, you know?"

Noboru made a slight coughing noise inside his helmet at Missus Cranker's comments about free advertising, looking wierdly at the fashion designer/co-CEO of Vinross-Yu/Cranker Materials. He turned to look at Laj and awaited further comments from the CEO. When there were none, he made a venture into unsafe territory.

"Sorry, Mister Vinross-Yu, I just get a bit defensive when people make fun of my uniform."

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…