• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Cirrus Station [Episode 6] Sunny Side Up

Tweak said:
"Maybe. But I don't recall meeting you guys before that Prilisa incident." Or after it. She shuffled her feet a little in the sand. "Sometimes it feels like I haven't been here as long as I really have, I guess. Days blend together. Memory gets a bit unreliable..." She frowned to herself and trailed off, looking at her toes before glancing back at the resort building. "I'm going to go back inside," she added. "Thanks for showing me the beach."

As Tweak announced that she would be absconding back to the resorts safe, non-wet confine, George stirred suddenly and turned to look at the damp neko. "Huh? What, already?" the short Nepleslian flitted glances between Lenny's bobbing figure in the water and Tweak, standing the in sand a few steps away from him. "Uh...well, what are you going to do inside?"

---

Claire said:
"Cassie... I just got done making up with Keziah over that." Claire sighed inwardly. "But I guess you have as much problems letting that go as I did." She took a deep breath before continuing. "Cassefin. I'm sorry for how I behaved. You have to understand what I was feeling then. I had just got done watching those people kill the dockworkers, shoot a woman I care for, and was just fighting for my life against moments before. Yes, I wasn't seeing the bigger picture... but can you really blame me for wanting to shoot back?" Claire shook her head.

"And it's not true... some of the security detail might be more bitter than others with how you treat them... but none of us hate you, Cassie." Claire got up and gave Montreal a quick and light hug. "I certainly don't."

"The thing is, Ms. Montreal... You're a very intelligent and beautiful young woman, but you lack social skills of any kind. That's what's putting off most of us. You can fix that though, dear. And I know many of us would be more than willing to help you with that in any way we can."

Cassefin's glare softened just a tad as Claire apologized. It was true that the Head Administrator had been spending nights loosing sleep over what had happened during Vinross Yu-Cranker's visit; both from the Cirrus Station's funders and benefactors as well as her own personnel and section administrators. Claire's outburst and subsequent foul mood (which Cassefin had observed through several of her camera feeds on more than one occasion) had not gone unnoticed, which was why Cassefin was, inwardly, relieved to have received such an apology.

That all went out the window, however, when Claire reach in to give Cassefin a short, completely platonic embrace. The red-haired scientist tensed up like a rigid board the moment Claire put her arms around her, and was on the verge of shoving her back just as Claire began to pull away. Hugs were, apparently, not something Cassefin wished to experience from her personnel at that instant. She didn't like being told that she wasn't social, either.

"I don't need your help running my station, Claire," Cassefin said defiantly, raising her chin proudly. "As Head Administrator, I have duties that go above and beyond what is required of nearly everyone else on the station. I don't have time to learn how to be a socialite...and if my personnel would take their jobs seriously once in a while, neither would they."

Tweak shrugged. "I don't really know. Probably just dry off." She noticed his glances at Lenny. "What are you going to do outside?"

"Who said anything about running your station, Cassie? I'm talking about how you relate to people around you." Claire rolled her shoulders a little bit as she stretched. "I'm sure you are busy, sweetie. But you can set aside time to mingle with those around you. We take our jobs a lot more seriously than you think from spying on us all the time." Did Claire know about Cassefin and her monitors? No, she just figured Montreal would be the kind to watch and observe rather than initiate human contact. Which she pitied her for.

"Besiiiides.... How are you going to catch the attention of Captain Abeck if you don't learn how to be around people?" She wasn't pointing out that she had likely already caught his attention, but not in the way that she wanted.

"I'll duck out when I'm able, my opponent hasn't got a glass Ja-" Stovaa stopped suddenly, his attention distracted by Noboru just long enough for his opponent's kick to connect. Winded, Stovaa fell backwards onto the floor. He struggled for breath, recovering as fast as he could. He was looking towards the lobby, the law's presence being made clear to him. He had to end it fast.

He scrabbled around behind him for something to use as a weapon, his eyes locked onto his foe, not wanting to give him another instant. His hand grasped something, fingers wrapping around it as he rose to his feet. He raised it above his head and span it, still not looking at what it was, though the crowd could see it was one of the nepleslian barflies who had started the brawl, being used as a human flail (or manflail if you prefer).

"HYAAAH!" Stovaa yelled as he swung the man down against his friend with considerable force, letting go as soon as he'd made contact before turning to slip back through the crowd, heading off to lie low. He considered getting a drink then hitting the health spa, recharging his chakras. And, he reasoned, there'd be no more brawls brewing there.

Deacon looked around one more time, just to see if there was anyone other than cyril and the bartender to talk to. Finding no one he would grab his things and start heading back towards the main building. So far things were starting to seem fairly normal again. With a smile, the Kohanian male would start making his way towards the suites, stopping at the front desk to get his room key and find out just where he was staying.

After all the check in procedures were finished, the hyena male smiled to himself and started making his way to his room, which he closed the door of and stripped out of his wet clothing, tossing it all into the bathtub of his room and grabbed a towel to start drying off again. Looking around to make sure there was no one else in his room, he got a devilish grin and went into the bathroom to get the hair dryer, and began to blowdry his fur as he let out a cackle of joy at the simple things like this.

The question turned hypothetical as Tweak turned and walked back to the resort entrance. Once inside, she wandered over to a bench in the lobby and took off her knapsack, checking on the journal inside. The balloon seemed to have done its job in keeping the book dry, so she smiled to herself and packed the book away again, stowing it with her soaked windbreaker in the bag.

As she slung the bag's shoulder straps over her arms again, the neko noticed Deacon speaking with the desk person. Listening in on the conversation she wondered if she needed to do that too...so after the Kohanian had left, Tweak went over and was lead through the process of 'checking in'.

---

Her room was much larger than the space she had in the Cirrus barracks despite being the smallest guest room in the resort (her request, since she didn't have anyone she wanted to share with). Tweak set her bag down and closed the door, wandering around the room before exploring the attached bathroom and discovering the shower and towels.

A minute or two later she had finished a rinsing shower and wandered back into the bedroom with a towel around herself and her hair air-drying, clothes left hanging in the bathroom. The shower had felt great, but Tweak didn't feel like spending more time watered down than necessary. The weariness she'd felt on the shuttle-ride down had returned, so she drew the window shades to keep the sun out if it came out, then left the towel on the floor and got into the soft bed.

I wish I had one of these on the station, she thought, almost letting her eyes close before sighing and getting up to retrieve her book. She couldn't sleep until her writing was finished; didn't want something like what had happened with George to happen again. As she scribbled in her notes, the neko pondered what could be going on to make her forget like this. She could remember everything with incredible detail after she woke up today, but anything beyond that -- even going to sleep the night before -- was gone.

But now was not the time to be thinking about things like that. Finishing her notes, Tweak put the book on the bedside table and climbed under the covers again.

Cassefin began to turn red again when Claire made mention of Abeck. Of course, at that point it wasn't much of a secret, but it still embarrassed Cassefin to no end that Squad 35 seemed to be so privy on her private life. The conversation between the two women had been uncomfortable from the beginning for the Head Administrator, and with Claire bringing up more and more awkward topics, Cassefin found herself becoming more and more tired.

"I don't know...I'll catch his attention with intellect and womanly charm," Cassefin answered in a sarcastic tone, despite the fact that those were indeed how she intended to win the good captain over.

---

George stuttered a few times as Tweak turned around to leave, making the motions necessary to get up. However, as he did, the Nepleslian turned back to face Lenny whom was still out amongst the waves. Sighing heavily as he watched Tweak trail towards the resort, George sat back down on the sand looking quite defeated.

Claire said:
Claire gave a silent chuckle before giving Keziah another short kiss. "Thank you dear, you're quite good yourself. Where'd you learn to do that with your tongue, hm...?" Despite her tease, Claire was feeling rather relaxed now. Keziah held the mantle for possibly being the first one for her to sleep with because she had feelings for them. It left her with a different feeling than normal... and it felt nice.

"You're welcome to rest here if you like. I might even join you. You're one of the few to actually keep up with me... You wore me out!" Claire breathed out a somewhat exhausted laugh.

"All that exercise was good for something." Keziah laughed softly, and squeezed Claire in a gentle hug. Sleep was fast approaching on her, flanking her and penning her in. But she really didn't mind, especially not falling asleep here, under these circumstances. All the stress of the past week had bled away, and she even let herself forget about her injuries.

That nagged at her, and she knew she'd need to get to the meds in her bag. But right now, she didn't care, and if this meant another two days in the medbay, then it was worth it.

"And I'll stay." Her voice slowly lowered as she talked, descending into a whisper. She closed her eyes. "Would be better than having that big room all to myself."

A quiet yawn, a soft squeeze, and she was asleep.

Moonman:

Claire giggled when Cassefin tried to explain her methods to her. "Cassie, sweetie... -I- have womanly charm. Now let me clarify: You are cute enough to get anyone's attention. You shouldn't worry about that. You have a good heart deep down as well, dear. Thing is, you tend to cover that up thanks to letting your ego control yourself. The way you strut around on a high horse puts a lot of people off. I don't know what makes you do that, but it's likely the only thing keeping that cute captain from being attracted to you."

Claire stretched a bit before adding, "I know that's not something you can just do overnight. But try to tone it down a bit, won't you? No time like the present to start, you know?" Any danger her words might put her in seemed to go right over her head. That, or she really did care that much.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Liam:

"Heh, I'm not done checking this place out yet... but for you... I can stay a little while." And with that, Claire wrapped her arms firmly around Keziah and drifted off into a light sleep next to the woman she cared so much for. She was genuinely happy now.

Cyril said:
"Oh deary dear," Noboru chimed in from his end of the group, watching as the crowd unintentionally impeded a group of officers of the law. "I daresay, gentlemen, it's been tons of fun a-waltzing with you, but I have to take my leave now before I suffer the tender mercies of the Nepleslian law system. Abeck, Stovaa, I suggest you do the same." Noboru made an elegant faux-bow, smirked and stumbled off in the direction of the resort wing.

Okay, so he was lost. He was headed across the foyer, in the general direction of the deserted "guilt-free" lounge, bleary-eyed, ears ringing. If there was ever a time where he had hurt more all over than he did now, it escaped memory. Well, there was that one time at basic, when Yoro kicked him in the face... And the tentacle... Okay, well, there were a few more painful occasions, but this craziness took the cake. He stumbled into the lounge and headed for the back of the room, seating himself at a booth and burying his face in the table.

Stovaa said:
"I'll duck out when I'm able, my opponent hasn't got a glass Ja-" Stovaa stopped suddenly, his attention distracted by Noboru just long enough for his opponent's kick to connect. Winded, Stovaa fell backwards onto the floor. He struggled for breath, recovering as fast as he could. He was looking towards the lobby, the law's presence being made clear to him. He had to end it fast.

He scrabbled around behind him for something to use as a weapon, his eyes locked onto his foe, not wanting to give him another instant. His hand grasped something, fingers wrapping around it as he rose to his feet. He raised it above his head and span it, still not looking at what it was, though the crowd could see it was one of the nepleslian barflies who had started the brawl, being used as a human flail (or manflail if you prefer).

"HYAAAH!" Stovaa yelled as he swung the man down against his friend with considerable force, letting go as soon as he'd made contact before turning to slip back through the crowd, heading off to lie low. He considered getting a drink then hitting the health spa, recharging his chakras. And, he reasoned, there'd be no more brawls brewing there.

Abeck, upon hearing Noboru's warning, was also quick to scramble in the opposite direction, breaking off from the group and diving into one of the stores. When the security officers finally broke through the crowd, they would be presented only with a couple dazed, bruised bar patrons whom were easily subdued. A few of the officers who were fortunate enough to catch glances at the retreating Cirrus security members quickly began to give chase. With three different leads to follow, however, they quickly began to lose the trails.

As Noboru hid in the back of one of the nearby restaurants, he could see a few of the officers rush past, not taking notice to his impromptu hiding spot. One of the attendants of the establishment, however, did; he slowly approached the booth Noboru was at, carrying a small menu. It would appear that this individual was not a witness to the mayhem happening nearby just moments earlier.

"What can we do for you today, sir?"

---

Dragonnova said:
Claire giggled when Cassefin tried to explain her methods to her. "Cassie, sweetie... -I- have womanly charm. Now let me clarify: You are cute enough to get anyone's attention. You shouldn't worry about that. You have a good heart deep down as well, dear. Thing is, you tend to cover that up thanks to letting your ego control yourself. The way you strut around on a high horse puts a lot of people off. I don't know what makes you do that, but it's likely the only thing keeping that cute captain from being attracted to you."

Claire stretched a bit before adding, "I know that's not something you can just do overnight. But try to tone it down a bit, won't you? No time like the present to start, you know?" Any danger her words might put her in seemed to go right over her head. That, or she really did care that much.

Despite her general dislike for Claire, even Cassefin had to admit to herself that she was very adept at attracting the opposite sex. The Head Administrator had spent many an hour in secret trying to deduce just how Claire was able to accomplish this...fruitlessly, of course. So when Claire began giving her small pointers and comments, Cassefin took them (begrudgingly) to heart, nodding shortly as she attempted to memorize each of Claire's suggestions.

Cassefin must have realized that she was beginning to look interested, however, and before long leaned back and threw her head to the side snootily. "If I needed your help with such silly things, Claire, I would have asked. I'm trying to relax here, not worry myself with trivial relationship drama. I get enough of that on the clock."

"Food. Whatever you're best at. And a banana daquiri." Noboru said, stumbling over his own words even as he spoke. Those face-punches had taken more than a bit out of him, and a headache was now slowly blossoming in his forehead, although the silence of the lounge (save Cassifin and Claire's conversation) was helping just a teensey bit. He rubbed his temples softly and took in a few deep breaths, rubbing his eyes where multiple punches had made bruises around where goggle met face. Eventually he just shrugged and removed the goggles altogether, sighed, relaxed in his seat and waited for his food.

Noboru grunted when the soft clink of food and drink hitting a table alerted him. Without looking down at the amorphous blob sitting on his plate, Noboru picked up a knife and fork, took a hearty chunk from the B-movie monster stand-in prop, and swallowed it whole. His tongue, dulled from the beer from down the way, didn't register the ten different types of flavors, ranging from "dirty sock" to "2-month-old shit", and as such he wolfed the whole thing down without thinking about it. The daquiri went down just as quickly, with Noboru barely registering the obviously fake banana flavoring. Relaxing visibly as the buzz of alcohol set in again, Noboru smiled contentedly and sagged into the plushy booth seat.

Claire grinned slightly when she noticed Cassefin feign disinterest. That kind of predatory smirk that said she was getting the kind of amusement she sought. She was not completely cruel though, and stood back up again as if becoming restless. "No you wouldn't, Cassie. You've got that pride thing going for you. I imagine I'd be the last person you'd ask." She seemed to have picked up a little bit on Cassefin's jealousy, though not too much in all honesty.

"But you're right. We are here to relax." Claire moved again behind Cassefin, but rather than hug her or any such gesture, she gently rubbed Ms. Montreal's shoulders as if trying to get her muscles to relax. "You work -so- hard for us all... you shouldn't be languishing here all alone. Come on, let's go check the place out. This is one of the few times you have the chance to get away from all of your work, take advantage of it. Visit the spa or something, sweetie." Claire really seemed to be making an attempt to be nice to Cassefin instead of teasing her for a change.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back