• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission [ERSETU] Model 1550 Army Service Musket

Gunsight1

Potato Salad
Submission Type: Weapons and ammunition
Submission URL:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:kishargal:weapons:model_1550_army_service_musket
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?...my_sword_bayonet#about_the_army_sword_bayonet
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:kishargal:weapons:ersetu_musket_energy_shell

Faction: Constitutional Dominion of Ersetu
FM Approved Yet? Yes, me, nao
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes, included in above links
Contains New art? Yees
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:

Ping @Ametheliana @CadetNewb for review. Ty!

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
After doing a once-over, things are looking good in general. The only thing that stands out for me though, is the use of a disposable capacitor for the musket. IRL, we have chemically powered lasers, so if you wanted, you could go with that to make it even dirtier and musket-y.

Oh? Go on about this? Right now the musket and the pistol in the other submission use a scaled down version of the capacitor shell's used by the ship guns.

For the sake of notekeeping, I'll review what we previously discussed over Skype.

As there are several types of lasers - infrared, visible light, UV and different effects for each - there are also different types of methods for generating the lasers to begin with. IIRC, this includes solid state, free electron and finally of most interest to you, chemical. A chemical based laser more or less uses the reaction between several volatile, well, chemicals to generate the laser. This is potentially of interest to you because, if you wanted, you can just swap out the disposable capacitors for spess-powder to be used in conjunction with the good, old fashioned black powder. The reason for this is that, well, capacitors are still likely to be more expensive.

If you want to make this change to the design, well, it's no hurry.

If you like, you can go ahead and get rid of the Discharge Information and Weapon Mechanisms for the bayonet. The spring loaded retention mechanism can be mentioned earlier in the article to compensate as well. Regarding the capacitor shell though, I was hit with the thought of them turning in the expired ones for a discount on new ones as a potential option.

All that aside, the article is ready for approval if you'd like it as-is.

Change made. The capacitors are rechargeable, so not sure if that would be much of a thing, unless they are old ones needing servicing?

Hm. Well, the thing is, with the way the capacitors work, they might run a recycling/exchange business where you trade in depleted ones for fully charged ones. That's assuming that the charge period takes a while, and some would pay a little extra for some expediency. It's just a nice little detail that might fit into the lore well.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back