• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Eucharis Discussion

I think there was a list of the away team members in the planning thread. I'm not sure. If all else fails, just make the decision yourself. I'm happy either way.

Petition to change the name to "Operation Lawn Darts"?

I didn't know if Jax was going with the landing parties or not. If he is, I'd guess he's with Suites and Oshiro on computer core duty.

Last edited:
Just a helpful reminder that the last kuvrxian you guys caught had a suicide device in his teeth...

Β―\(Β°_o)/Β―

You might be able to pick it up on radar, though that might fry the person too... and looking through the SAoY inventory there doesn't seem to be a handheld scanner that would really do the job. The handheld medical scanner might do the job if you inject the captive Kuvexian and wait a while for the nanomachines to do their thing.

Blasting the lower jaw with the stun setting of your pistol may be enough to fry the nanomachine-death-paste inside the suicide tooth. The tooth may even be in the same place on all Kuvexians.

Wazu's original suggestion was to just amputate the mouth-parts. We can always regrow those later.

I wanted to get Masumi's hands on a science scanner when she got the chance IC. It would be able to do the job through a number of means.

What dictates having one or not, Wes? I thought I read that personnel could simply ask for one, but the wiki doesn't seem to say that. Can we assume she has one?

Should this be included on the science officer page? Quite an oversight on my part as far as being on the wiki, I'm sorry, Wes. Say the word and I'll put it in before it gets approved.

Are you talking about the Quintessent Wave Differentialometer which can detect shape, mass, velocity of objects through energy signatures or the "ripple mass makes in the seas of energy" or something on the CIES?

Talking about the contained CIES' own sensors. They are really designed more for targeting ships and things like that, but I don't know, the "variable wide-band" stuff it describes is super vague...

It's likely that there's science scanners on the Eucharis, and science characters would probably be carrying one on away missions.

It can see into optical structure of light to get a 360 degree view, from what some other other other wiki says about it.

Wouldn't a simple X-ray scan do the trick? When I have my mouth X-rayed at my dentist one can see pretty clearly which tooth is natural, which isn't and which one has crowns. I guess a suicide device should be noticeable. Not sure if the science scanners can do X-ray but I think they should.

You'd need a screen in the kuvexian's mouth to block the rest of the skull though.

I don't believe the Mindy is packing xray either

Meh, let's just keep things simple and rip their jaw off

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…